PDA

View Full Version : The "Not really new person" thread

Morgan Evanar
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:25:25 PM
http://69.56.186.201/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3944

Not really new. Registered an account a year ago. Made one post. Shares a sig directory with Kyle Krogen and IP. Possible Kyle just posted at his/her house. On PacBell DSL, lives in Sunnyvale, CA.

Kyle is probably in the same area, Sunnyvale/ San Jose.

* Emotion Rhi [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]
* Eowiodith Unadrieniel [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]
* Kyle Krogen [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]
* Zereth Lancer [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:45:45 AM
I guess Holly is best to ask to clear this up

For a monent I was hoping you were issuing a smiting demand for Ahnk. Damn you for getting my hopes up

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:12:05 AM
Guilty of posting at my sisters house (and my nephew has posted from her house), but not, in fact, my nephew Geoff/Kyle. SIster's family has friends in California, San Jose, and I could go into a long explaination, but the email is totally different, and my nephews live in Oregon, not California.

Kyle also makes a lot of sigs, and hosts them for people occassionally. Eowiodith Unadrieniel is actually a new person. Sorry to burst the smiting bubble.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:31:53 AM
I wasn't looking to smite. I just wanted an explanation.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:59:27 AM
Considering all the hoops Eowiodith had to jump through just to get registered I doubt its the same person (I got a few PMs from friedns and emails from her that I couldn't even successfully reply to) , but that has already been established. I really need to find a way to make the automated registration validation emails not appear as spam mail to 25% of the mail servers out there. >_< Damn the real spammers for frelling things up in the email system worldwide. :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:19:23 AM
If my nephew starts trying to pretend he's a totally different person, I'll lock him in his room.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:28:16 AM
Could you do that anyway?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:58:00 PM
Tempting, but sorry, no can do.

In other news - my sisters family (including my two RPing nephews) might be on an NBC reality TV show. They were called up and asked to submit a tape of "everyday things" to NBC who is trying to do this show about a family with more than 8 kids.

If they get it I told them they had to mention Swfans on the air. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:02:02 PM
You should just "casually drop by" wearing some sort of promotional t-shirt ;)

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:29:36 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Tempting, but sorry, no can do.

In other news - my sisters family (including my two RPing nephews) might be on an NBC reality TV show. They were called up and asked to submit a tape of "everyday things" to NBC who is trying to do this show about a family with more than 8 kids.

If they get it I told them they had to mention Swfans on the air. ;) The last thing we need is the general public and AOLers here. Yes, new people are nice.

Figrin D'an
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:48:04 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
The last thing we need is the general public and AOLers here.

*shudders*

Yes, let's avoid hijacking of board bandwidth by dumb people.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:36:31 AM
OMG LOL u guyz R like star wrz?

LOLOL ME2!!!!!

Pretty, shiny handgun. Yes, precious. ;)

I mean... Hi! :D

Morgan Evanar
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
OMG LOL u guyz R like star wrz?

LOLOL ME2!!!!! BANNED.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:31:09 AM
The scary thing is, I'm seeing that type of shit posted by over 21 people now.

SMS speak should be bannable in all seriousness.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:52:05 PM
I have a friend who is a 34 year old neurophsychologist who does it on occasion, but its done as a joke.

He's a :cool: guy

Pierce Tondry
Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:01:16 PM
Ironic that sil has made a comic about this.

But, no, it's not really irony is it?

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:32:28 AM
Can we make l33t speek a bannable offence as well? ;)

Actually, this board is much better in terms of spelling and all than many other boards I've been to.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:05:16 AM
I'd comment but Morgan took the wind out of my sails. :(

Morgan Evanar
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:04:25 PM
Gray = Darknight.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:34:07 PM
So glad he's back again. >_<

Silus Xilarian
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:45:02 PM
and hes taking the "I R TEH n00b" act pretty far. He even acted as if he didnt know who Agent Charley was.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:19:33 AM
i found him out about two weeks ago or so, but i didnt say anything cause i was a little confused as to what i should do - or even if i should do anything. when i saw his new thread in ooc though, i figured id tell morg. who backed up my findings.

and yeah, heh, i thought that 'who is agent charley' bit was cute, hehe

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:37:29 AM
Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
and hes taking the "I R TEH n00b" act pretty far. He even acted as if he didnt know who Agent Charley was.

Just out them if they falsly calim n00bship. I dont have a problem with someoen taking an alt id, or even hiding themselves completely (as long as it doest break infiltration rules). Just dont claim n00b status falsely.

Silus Xilarian
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:14:52 AM
if he has read the faq, then he knows good and well, as soon as he joins a group and doesnt give himself away, he's infiltrating.

He brought his own rope, Im just wondering if he's willing to hang himself with it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:15:09 PM
^_^; did Zasz just do a no-no?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:44:49 PM
he sure did :\

Morgan Evanar
Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:51:37 PM
:rolleyes Well, that was fucking brilliant.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:44:39 AM
:: Blink ::

Wha? Or dont I want to know?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:38:13 AM
all taken care of - i just hope no one pays much attention to what zasz said

we should just make sure no one else says anything

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:20:45 AM
Sometimes it's hard to be armed with the knowledge of the IP check. :p

:lol Sorry, I have to laugh.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:30:29 PM
There really wasn't anything wrong with what Zasz had posted, but no prob.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:15:21 PM
Which is why I asked, because I wasn't sure there was.

imported_Eve
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:45:51 PM
Aren't we against this, per the FAQ? I remember writing something about it when I edited the FAQ back in the day.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:50:52 PM
FAQ Section III.B
B. Can I play multiple characters?
Answer: You may play multiple characters if your intentions for playing multiple characters is benign and purely for positive entertainment purposes only.

You may not play any character purely to infiltrate or spy on another group, for any reason. Infiltration and spying are prohibited, and will get you banned if you have done so. The reason infiltration and spying are so seriously looked down upon is because the roleplaying community is built on trust and respect, and infiltrating can destroy the trust between roleplayers and compromise other roleplayer’s original storylines. Any roleplayer caught infiltrating will be banned from the SWFans.Net Roleplaying forums as a whole, regardless of location of offense.

You may play multiple characters for purposes other than listed in the preceding paragraph (re: infiltration), but there are still certain conditions that apply:

1. If you wish to join an individual roleplaying group with a secondary or alternate character you must inform said group beforehand that you are playing a secondary or alternate character, and then request permission to be allowed to join said group with the secondary or alternate character. It is left up-to said group to decide if the you are permitted to join or not.

Also, you must inform any groups that you are already a member to that you are roleplaying another character in another group.

2. If you wish to keep a character independent, there is no need to inform anyone of the alternate character, but if you decide to join a group, you must follow the preceding steps.

Note: If anyone creates another character purely for roleplaying purposes and joins another group, but fails to inform that group as well as any other groups they are a member of that they are roleplaying an alternate character, they are then liable for punshment under the Infiltration penalties mentioned above should they be discovered. If you want to roleplay another character in another group, tell the groups involved beforehand.

imported_Eve
Mar 4th, 2004, 02:22:23 PM
Yeah. But in the bit about sock puppets, though I know this isn't quite a sock puppet.

I'll go read the FAQ later. Don't worry about it, partner. ;)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 4th, 2004, 02:22:48 PM
So the short form is: he's fine so long as he discloses his identity to any groups he then joins?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2004, 05:01:17 PM
Yes.