PDA

View Full Version : Repaying a debt (closed)

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:05:38 PM
It is said that a person's sins come back to haunt them... that the evil in one's heart will always take its toll. At times, though, an agent is needed to bring about justice more quickly.

And so comes Akrabbim.

He owed a debt to Sanis Prent, a payment for supplies that he needed. In trade, Akrabbim offered to help catch Hera DrenKast. If successful, the whole bounty would go to Sanis. So now Akrabbim is sitting on a rooftop, staring across at the window into Hera's room.

In all honesty, the payment to Sanis was very little motivation for attempting to catch this woman. They fought once before, after Hera assassinated a senator in broad daylight. He won, albeit barely, but she managed to escape before facing trial for her crimes. Akrabbim could not tolerate such an injustice. She must be caught.

The first step of the plan is to draw her out. To do so, he will try to enrage the volitile Sith. He concentrates, reaching out with the Force to find the woman's mind. Once he makes contact, he prepares to launch his illusion. He waits until the woman looks into a mirror, and then projects his image. The woman sees Akrabbim in the mirror, as if he is standing behind her. As she spins to look behind her, the image vanishes and she finds herself alone. She looks into the mirror once more, and finds Akrabbim standing there once more. He begins to speak, trying to taunt the woman as much as possible.

Hello, Hera.

Your days are numbered. You have defied justice for far too long. Know that I am watching you, and that you will not escape me.

Justice will be served.

With that, the Jedi Master's image vanishes in a cloud of smoke. Akrabbim breaks his concentration and moves away, preparing to continue the mental assault at a later date.

DarthHERA
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:38:19 PM
Hera's face was a sour reflection of her thoughts.

She recognised the Jedi immediately. As, too, she recognised his parlor tricks.

Akrabbim

So, he had not forgotten her. (She quipped a mirthless laugh at her lone reflection in the mirror) And so he shouldn't. For all his magic and illusions, she had still escaped - though more through the ineptness of the Coruscant Watch officer Arcana and her negligent boss Vymes. She had still eluded Akrabbim's brand of justice.

Too right he remembered her. The Jedi Masters overinflated self-righteous zeal would not let him forget.

Well that was fine.

He wanted to play some more. Then let him come play.

A scowl clouded her face and she turned to finish packing her things into her overnight bag. Her business in the city concluded, she was on her way.

Not looking again at the mirror, Hera stepped out of the hotel room and into the corridor.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:08:03 PM
He continues his surveillance of the woman and sees as she leaves her room. Time to up the ante.

He moves around the building running along the rooftops to get a better view of the main entrance of the hotel. He bides his time till the woman comes out, watching her. He shadows her until he sees her turn down an alley. He'll need a bit of secrecy for this next bout of provocation.

Instead of appearing, he makes himself seem to walk out of an alcove to stand in front of her.

And so we meet again. And I thought I was going to have to chase you down. Oh well... too bad. And with your hands all encumbered like that...

He cocks his arm back to punch, telegraphing his attack VERY obviously. Of course, the punch will do nothing. However, the katana that's flying toward Hera's face, hilt first. Hopefully she'll ignore the attack entirely. Either way, the main goal of angering her should succeed.

DarthHERA
Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:52:35 PM
Hera dropped her bag immediately, and bent, reaching for her lightsaber.

It was all in a quick, instinctive reaction to avoid the oncoming fist and arm herself at the same time.

And so it was by luck alone that the katana missed her and clattered against the brick of the alcove. She had not even seen it coming.

She thrust forward an angry hand, cleanly slicing through the projected image of Akrabbim's chest and growled an expletive out between her teeth.

She should have known.

She had done this merry dance once before.

Stooping now to pick up the katana, she looked it over. An unusual weapon. A signature weapon. Deep behind her cold blue eyes an idea was forming. She pocketed the katana into the folds of her robes and picked up her bag again.

With a slow burning anger, Hera scanned her surroundings, but did not expect to see anything. She reached out with her senses. Akrabbim was close by. She could feel him.

Hera knew for a certainty that the Jedi had only just begun his assault. This was the preliminary. The foreplay. Soon enough he would get down to business. He may be sorry he ever started this game.

She would make him sorry.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:01:32 PM
He cannot help but smile as she picks up his katana. He had intended to simply call his weapon back. However, now that she has taken his weapon and hidden it on her person... all the better. He continues to watch her, and when she's within a few blocks of his desired location, he decides to act.

He works his way down to the ground and gets in front of his opponent. He makes sure to be around 15 feet ahead of her, so that he's well out of arm's reach.

Hello, Hera. The time for games is over. It ends today. So, if you'll be so kind as to follow me...

He starts to turn, but abruptly stops and turns back.

Oh, wait... you have something of mine. I'd like it back now.

He stretches out his hand and calls to his stolen blade. Akrabbim has telekineses, but it is not without its restrictions. In fact, one very major restriction. He cannot use telekineses unless he has studied the object in question to the point of learning every molecule in it. Once he does so, however, he has VERY good control over the object. Unfortunately, there aren't too many objects he has control over.

But fortunately for him, his sword is one of them.

He can feel every molecule of his katana under the woman's robes. He twists the blade so that the sharp side points toward her and yanks the weapon back, hopefully cutting her deeply. He blinds her with the Force, but very weakly. He wants to make sure she knows where he goes. He slips around the corner and into a large, somewhat abandoned warehouse and slips into the shadows.

Time to spring the trap.

DarthHERA
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:06:16 PM
Hera jumped to one side as if prodded with a hot iron. She pulled at her robes, feeling as if she had been bitten or stung by some animal with in them, and searched for the offending creature.

Slowly, comprehension came as to what had happened and heaved an angry breath.

Pulling back the sith robe, there was a neat gash in her thigh, the material of her black pants slit across-wise about 4 inches and bright red blood seeping from it.

It was painful, but not too deep. It would not hinder her too much.

Lifting her head to look where Akrabbim had appeared, her vision momentarily fuzzy in reaction to the wound then clearing. She was not surprised to see him gone. Boy he loved this houdini crap.

Gripping her lightsaber in her hand, Hera left the small case and moved cautiously to where she vaguely sensed the Jedi was waiting.

Every instinct now was alive to the Illusionists threats. He was leading her - that much was obvious. He had a plan and was drawing her into position.

Only trouble with plans was, they only worked if they went according to a certain order. They required the aspect of predictability of action. Hera was not known for doing what was expected. Hopefully, this trait would hold in good stead and give her an edge that Akrabbim was not ready for.

She came, treading softly, along the lane to face a warehouse shrouded in shadow.

"Now..If I were a skulking Jedi, where would I be...?"

Looking for a long moment at the entrance into the Warehouse, her eyes narrowed. The door was not quite closed. It screamed "come in, get killed"

Casting a quick look about her, a small speederbike - or rather the burnt out shell of one - lay abandoned on the ground.

Lifting it with the force, she sent it crashing through an already broken paned side window of the warehouse. Following in its wake, Hera too went through the window - not with so much noisy commotion as the bike that had crashed into several stacked crates that clatttered to the warehouse floor with a racket and burst open. Instead, she stepped quickly through the opening much like a shadow in the night.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:32:51 PM
As soon as Akrabbim makes it into the building, he slips behind a few durasteel pillars to wait. She'll come in, but it's doubtful she'll be so stupid as to follow him blindly. But, that matters little. All she has to do is come inside.

In a few moments, she does indeed follow... but she leads with quite a great deal of metal. The speeder blasts through the window with the expected amount of destruction. Fortunately, Akrabbim's hiding place protects him from the debris.

He steps out from his hiding place as Hera enters. He stands before her unshielded by illusion, but with both katanas in his hands. In all honesty, he could not call forth another illusion if he tried. All of his efforts are currently occupied in the trap itself.

Well, it's good to see you. Glad you could come. You don't mind staying for a bit, do you?

With the flat of one blade, Akrabbim slaps a button on the wall. Durasteel plates drop down over every entrance in the building, sealing them in. He then slices the control box in half.

There's another switch somewhere in here to let us out. Course, I'm the only one of us who knows where it is. Now, I suggest you surrender, and you won't be harmed. Not to mention, I'm sure you could use some treatment on that nice slice on your leg. It's just going to keep bleeding... but, it's your choice. Questions?

DarthHERA
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:17:03 PM
If Hera was uncertain as to what just happened, the loud clanging of the durasteel ringing out about her ears gave her a pretty good idea.

Exits all sealed, Jedi psycho with no where to run.

She smiled.

"Then I guess, seeming you leave me no choice, I surrender"

She stood where she was.

"Why dont you come bandage my leg?"

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:43:13 PM
He smiles widely at the woman's actions. Had she launched an attack from the get go, she may have won. But, since she's going to stand there and chat...

Ah, surrendering it is. Very good choice. Though, somehow, I fear I have detected some sarcasm in your voice. Could it be that you are merely toying with me? Well, that just won't do...

Thanks to his stalling, and the woman standing still, the trap should be ready. Akrabbim has been devoting every bit of his considerable illusionary skills into masking this trap. A covering has been made using light, making the object in question completely invisible. As well, any sounds that could come from the trap have been blocked.

And of course, the trap's Force signature had to be shielded as well.

By now, the man should be in position.

Anyway, I can't be bandaging your leg. Looks like pure evil flowing outta that wound. Can't contaminate my hands with it. He quickly winks at her. Anyway, a gentleman like myself touching a lady's thigh? Why... it just isn't done...

Sanis Prent
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:54:10 PM
BANG-BANG

The shot came at a perpendicular angle to Akrabbim and Hera, so that the Jedi would be clear from any possibility of crossfire. The shot also originated perilously close to Hera, so that reacting would be monumentally difficult. The double-bang may have sounded peculiar to Hera, but it was a unique sound.

A lightspeed shell, from a Mandalorian Shell Gun.

BANG!

The second shot fired as I became visible. The shell casing peeled away on the second round, spewing a high pressure, incendiary fluid at the Sith, which quickly ignited into a sheet of fire.

It was nearly impossible to dodge one, let alone two. I'd hate to be in her shoes, that's for sure.

DarthHERA
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:44:38 AM
Akrabbim sure was talking alot for a fellow hankering to fight. Just like the Jedi to preach a sermon any chance they could.

He had masked his trap from sight and sound. Even from force signature. But it didnt take a genius to know something was coming. The irresistable baiting and luring, the shadey warehouse lockdown, the drawn out preamble to action. It was Basic Ambush 101.

He must take her for a complete idiot. The whole setup smacked of the 1000 lb anvil teetering overhead, waiting to drop.

True - she hadn't a clue what was planned. Akrabbim's skill in illusion and force command was exceptional. She only knew that the end result was for her to be carried out in a body bag, or barring that, clapped in irons to wait somekind of monkey court back on Coruscant.

She felt the hair prickle at the nape of her neck. Imminent threat was communicated in more than just what a person could see or hear or even determine by the force. Mortal danger was an inner sense that every living creature was born with.

Not knowing where or what was coming, Hera felt like a sitting duck and as Akrabbim winked at her, she knew that was her signal to move. Before he'd finished speaking, she started on her heels like a skittered mare, bolting sideways and as the bangs rang out. It was the "shwisp" of the first shell zinging by her that punctuated her right choice. She didnt even register as the shell struck the wall of the warehous.

Prent had fired off the second shell even before he saw Hera was unwittingly on a collision course with him, it had all happened with such speed. Hard pressed to tell who was the more shocked - Hera to see Sanis rear up into focus before her, or Prent himself as the fluid ignited to a sheet of fire, catching Hera's billowing robes alight even as her momentum carried her careening into him. Hera gripped Sanis with a manic hold as she, and he, tumbled to the ground in a flurry of limbs and dazzling flames, rolling in a conflagurated struggle to fall from sight into a basement level storage hold.

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:44:38 PM
Hera's clothing was immolated, the flames outlining her body like an ethereal robe. As she flailed toward me, her arms were repulsed from my body, her frantic motions blocked by my personal shielding. Rebuffed from her counter-attack, I drew twin westar blaster pistols, unleashing a rapid salvo as her fiery figure rolled on the ground, and over the edge, to the basement below.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:52:03 PM
Well, so much for the first shot taking her out. He watches as she rolls off of Sanis to a lower area in the warehouse. Not one to let an advantage pass him by, he follows quickly. He covers himself in invisibility, and creates an illusion of himself several feet behind. That way, if she sees him coming, he'll be on her while she thinks he's still several feet away.

However, that shouldn't be much of a problem. Napalm does cling to objects very well. He should have more than enough time to reach her before she recovers. With that in mind, he hops down the hole, swords at the ready.

DarthHERA
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:43:03 PM
ooc: hay, when did it become Napalm? And for the record, its my robes that are on fire, not my entire clothing./ooc

Hera was already frantically shrugging out of her inflamed robes, midair, as she disappeard over the rim, Prents volley chasing after her.

She landed on the floor with a jolt and rolled, freeing herself of the entanglement of fiery garment as she did so, patting herself with her shirtsleeve to smother the edges of her pants that, too, had started to catch alight.

It was only when she came to a stop, breath heaving with the adrenilin that was pulsating through her body, that she realised she had caught a laser bolt in her calf and the shooting heat in her shoulder told her she caught the glaze of one there too. Hera ground her teeth in fury -- the pain a lesser sensation than anger at that moment.

Pulling her own blaster, she sprayed the opening above in a sweeping fire to gain herself some precious moments to regroup.

The cargo hold was dark, with only the remant of the burning robes on the floor where she'd left them to give it some idea of its physical outlay.

As Akrabbim hopped down, she could see him easily but his illusion's success was short-lived as the dull thud of his landing told on him.

Obeying her ears, rather than her eyes, Hera instantly sprayed laser fire at gut-level in a sweep before and after the point where she gauged where the sound originated. She pulled her senses together. Akrabbim was bound to do more illusions. She would lock onto him, where the imbalance of light met dark. She would be harder to deceive than in times before.

Prent, by this time, could be anywhere. Hera pulled herself to stand, her one leg with a hole in the calf and gash on the thigh favored by keeping her weight on the other. She was obscured somewhat by stored crates and the inky blackness.

So far, she had just been on the defensive with these two. If she was to survive, that would have to change. And at the rate of her injuries, it would have to change quickly.

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:48:20 AM
clink...clink

The sound of two empty shell casings hitting the floor of the basement rang in Hera's ears.

In the meantime, I took an alternate entrance to the basement, a route obscured by the lack of lighting along the far periphery of the wall. It was a thin staircase made of wrought durasteel, suspended by rebar and chain. Purely utilitarian.

shlump...shlump...c-chack!

The sound gave me away, but by that time, I was already squeezing the trigger, sending a blinding flare screaming at the Sith. While the illumination round would do little damage if it even hit, it was brighter than sunlight, and would temporarily blind someone who was unfortunate enough to look at it directly, or at the very least, suprise the unsuspecting.

I looked slightly to the side, squinting my eyes just enough to keep the debilitating glare out of them. My right hand held my shell gun at the hip, as my left hand followed in the flare's wake, squeezing the trigger of one of my snub-nosed Westar blasters, and tearing the air to pieces between myself and the Sith.

I ran along the periphery of the basement, keeping my distance, but also keeping Hera in my line of fire.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:45:44 AM
Obviously, the illusion trick didn't work. He should have thought to cover the sound as well as the visual. Oh well, no matter... live and learn. He drops the illusion to concentrate on the matter at hand.

Her spray of laser fire goes rather wide, though a couple do come close. He uses his katanas to block the one that would have hit and prepares to counter. The light in the basement isn't very good, but since she just unloaded with a blaster, he knows where she is. Granted, she could more than likely see him as well. However, even if she can't visually locate him, she should be able to figure out his position based on the fact that he just blocked one of her shots.

He prepares to rush the woman when a flash shell comes in. The blast of light nearly blinds him... fortunately, it wasn't aimed too terribly near him. As his vision slowly returns, he can see more blaster fire coming in toward the woman. Time for a change of plans.

If he attacks the woman physically, he may win, but that will effectively nullify Sanis' help in this conflict. But, assuming she has only one saber, she may not be able to defend against projectiles from more than one angle.

He stabs his right katana into the ground and takes a shuriken from his gi. He could use more, but it's hard to effictively control more than one at a time, and he needs his concentration free should he have to fight. Reaching out with the Force, he causes the small bladed object to hover in front of him. With his left sword at the ready to deflect blaster fire, he sends the shuriken flying at the woman, controlling it like an angry bee. He wants it to swarm around her, trying to nick and cut at her whenever possible. If he's lucky, it'll give Sanis a chance to unload with that shell gun of his.

DarthHERA
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:20:48 PM
The eruption of dazzling light came with such sudden blinding impact, that Hera was forced to throw an arm over her eyes to shield them as she shrank back against the crates.

Realising at the same instant how exposed she would now be, it was not a stretch to expect Prent to follow up with a volley of fire. Which is what he did. The crates would not afford much protection and as if to confirm her assessment, one was lifted and sent tumbling from the impact of the laserfire.

As she sat blinking rapidly to restore her vision, Akrabbim too, was tracing her - his shruiken weaving and striking at her, taking pieces of her skin from her arms and shoulders,
Her cue to go.

She vaulted herself upward in a high force jump, Prent's laser fire tracing after her as he ran forward and was forced to twist back and change directions at her moving target.

But Hera was doing some tracing too.

Keeping Akrabbim's force signature locked in her senses Hera had directed her jump to where he was.

This would serve two purposes - the first and most important, cause Prent to be more cautious at shooting at her for danger of hitting Akrabbim. And second, to force the fight to closer quarters. This being endlessly fired upon was unhealthy.

Angling herself so that she came down almost on top of Akrabbim, but only slightly behind him -- her injured leg would never hold her full weight and so if she was going down, the only thing was to bring him down with her.

Seeing her oncoming path, Akrabbim was sure to raise the sword he now held in his hand, a tug with the force from Hera was enough to bend its point away from her, though failed to pull it from the Jedi's grasp.

Clinging to him on impact, with one arm latching like a vice around Akrabbims neck, Hera pulled the Jedi down backwards, herself half pinned underneath him. Her other arm pushing the nuzzle of her blaster into the soft flesh beneath his jaw.

Sanis Prent
Mar 1st, 2004, 12:21:35 AM
"Desperation."

--c-clack--

I paced at the room's periphery with a leisurely motion, seeing how well Hera was able to utilize her human shield. She kept an unflinching eye on my position, mindful to make herself an impossible target.

It would've worked, if I had any scruples.

"Explain to me why you think that changes anything?"

I raised my shell gun, taking care to aim at a point which would make for an assuredly-fatal shot on Hera's behalf. Of course, it would also probably do the same for Akrabbim, but that didn't set me back much at all.

Of course, it could've been a bluff, I suppose. I was winging the entire bit of melodrama with all the mad enthusiasm of a marionette artist. Nothing scripted. Nothing sacred. It had all come down to a single binary choice for Hera. Would I do it? A trigger pull is as clean as a flip of a coin. The piece never lands on it's side.

"Akrabbim, if you've got anything pertinent and final to say, you might as well come out with it. Doesn't look like she's willing to budge."

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:49:56 PM
Akrabbim lands with a loud thud, stars appearing before his vision as the hard, hard duracrete rises to meet him. One of his katanas goes flying as Hera takes him down. When his vision clears enough to realize where he is, he feels the unmistakable muzzle of a blaster against his throat. He's still shaking the cobwebs out of his head when he hears Sanis speak. He'd like to chalk the man's words up to the blow to the head he'd just received, but knowing Sanis, he doubts that the man wouldn't go through with his bluff. He tucks his neck a bit and turns his head slightly to buy himself some breathing room. Nonetheless, his words come out rather choked.
Prent... I should have expected something like this. You're right, she does look rather unwilling to back down, doesn't she?

But you are, if nothing else, a practical man, correct? For that reason, you should know that, should I survive an attack from you, there is nowhere in the galaxy you can run to get away from me. I don't back down, either.
[/i]
While he is talking, Akrabbim reaches out to his errant katana with the Force. He focuses and draws the katana toward him, hovering just inches off the floor. He summons what concentration he can spare to cloak the katana in illusion, making it very hard to detect. He angles the weapon so that it comes toward the top of Hera's head. Based on the way she's angled, it shouldn't be possible for her to see it at all. Once the katana is less than an inch from her head, he chokes out a few more words.
[/i]
Or, then again, I could give you a quick lobotomy. So, you have three choices... shoot me, and Sanis shoots you, and you die. Or, you make a move like you're going to shoot me, and I kill you with my katana. Or, we start some negotiations. Which is it?

Akrabbim waits, tense. He may not be a faster draw than she is, but at the first indication that she is going to fire, he will draw the sword into her skull. It's the very last thing he wants to do, but he won't let himself be killed without a fight, either.

DarthHERA
Mar 6th, 2004, 10:50:17 PM
Hera could feel a manipulation of the force, but Akrabbim's skill was such that she could not pinpoint exactly what he was doing. She tightened her arm around him instinctively, while keeping a wary eye on Prent. But she wouldnt remain in ignorance long, the Jedi himself revealing his hand. Nice. A dagger to the brain. He was, atleast, creatively efficient.

"What about option four..?"

Akrabbim could not see, but could hear the smile in her voice.

"You and me take out Prent, do the galaxy a favour. We forget old wounds and go home happy."

A long pause as her option was dismissed without comment.

"No? Alright then..Im not going anywhere just now, so lets talk.

First thing though, Prent sits down, his moving around is making me twitchy."

She pushed the muzzle a little deeper into Akrabbims throat.

"Twitchy is not a good thing for any of us at the moment"

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2004, 04:37:29 PM
But you are, if nothing else, a practical man, correct? For that reason, you should know that, should I survive an attack from you, there is nowhere in the galaxy you can run to get away from me. I don't back down, either.

"In that case, I'll take extra care in aiming."

I drew the hammer back, and winked my left eye closed.

Misdirection is the mother of all magic acts. The best magicians know how to shape a person's attention span like a sculptor shapes clay.

Right now, attention was definitely on the business end of my shell gun. It wasn't, however, at my left hip, where the barrel of one of my westar blasters rested casually, aimed at the pair in a manner that wasn't obvious to somebody who wasn't looking.

I let the drama of the moment sink in. I let them both simmer in it. Part of me enjoyed watching Akrabbim dangle over the perpetual "if".

Would I shoot? Yes, no?

House odds are definitely on shooting.

I squeezed the trigger, but not the one they saw. Concentric blue circles of stunning energy leapt from my westar, an area attack not so easily avoided by force users.

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 13th, 2004, 07:28:40 PM
Akrabbim detects the blast coming and has mere moments to do something. Escape is out of the question. At best, he can hope that Hera takes the brunt of it. In order to expediate that situation, he does the only thing he can.

He reaches up to grab Hera's arm, pulling it downward just a bit to throw her aim off, in case she accidentally fires. He snaps his head back as he does so, striking her nose with the back corner of his skull. With luck, the blast will stun them both.

DarthHERA
Mar 13th, 2004, 07:38:06 PM
As soon as Akrabbim grabs her arm, Hera twists beneath in an automatic reaction.

But it serves her to no real purpose, other than avoiding a broken nose from his thudding skull. Prent's stun blast hits her, and the Jedi, with full force.

Her arms fling outward, the blaster careering off to who knows where and clattering against a wall. Her body convulses momentarily, the weight of the Jedi however kept her pressed to the ground.

And so she lay still. Her mind, like her body, trying to catch up with what just happened.

Hera remembered thinking she knew what just hit her, but had trouble pulling her thoughts into order.

One thing she did know though - that damnable Prent had too many frelling guns.

Sanis Prent
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:29:22 AM
<center>Some time later...</center>

SPLASH!

I tossed a cold class of water on Hera's face, then returned the favor for Akrabbim. Both were bound at the ankles and wrists in binder cuffs, which in turn were bound to a solid durasteel pipe in the Layla's holding cell. Near them, a blue-furred thing scratched itself. Neither of them could feel a connection to the force, because of this.

"Time for school, kids."

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:37:09 PM
He awakens sputtering from the water in the face. He shakes his head, trying to make sense of his surroundings, and quickly figures out where he is.

He takes note of the situation, seeing that both himself and Hera are restrained. He locks his eyes with the bounty hunter, the blue glow within them blazing.

Now would be a good time to let me go, Prent. Trust me on this one.

DarthHERA
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:38:26 PM
Hera laughed lowly.

Though she addressed Prent, her eyes stared at Akrabbim from between strands of her dripping hair.

"Dont do it Prent. The Jedi has murder in his eyes."

A wolfish smile met the Jedi Master as his blazing eyes turned momentarily to Hera.

She mocked him again with her laugh.

"Not exactly what you'd had planned is it, Akrabbim?"

For the breif time she expected that she and the Jedi would both stay bound together in chains, she enjoyed the irony immensly.

A slight uptilt of her head toward Sanis as she spoke to him again.

"A Jedi Master would be worth a few creds to the right people, Prent - you are aware of that, I take it?"

Sanis Prent
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:04:13 PM
"I am."

Shrugging, I continued.

"But then again, he's not my contract. I'm sure most of the people I work for could be worth a cash in, but not in the long run. Things like that are bad for business."

I tapped a control pad in my hand, and Akrabbim's binders unlatched. Smirking at the Jedi, I put the control back in my pocket.

"So much for a Jedi's sense of humor. At least it keeps you on your toes."

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 25th, 2004, 11:42:04 PM
Akrabbim gets up quickly, moving near Sanis.

Very funny, Sanis... hilarious, in fact, ol' buddy.

With that, he slaps Sanis on the shoulder. He does so in a friendly manner, but perhaps a bit too strongly... nevertheless, he is grinning widely the entire time.

I'll just have to remember to pay you back on that one. Now... what do we do with the Sith here?

DarthHERA
Mar 27th, 2004, 09:41:53 PM
She had not really expected Prent to flip the tables on the Jedi, and he did not disappoint her. The pair had come to the party together - it only stood to reason they would leave together too. Like Prent had said, it was just good business.

Hera shrugged as she looked at them both. They deserved each other. Slapping each other on the back, smiling like idiots. She wasn't what one would call a good loser.

And lost she had, as the chaffing cuffs reminded her. She wriggled herself to sit up taller. A baleful defiance smouldered in her eyes.

"What ever you decide, it better be smart. Because if I get free - that warm fuzzy glow you both are feeling inside right now is going to be spilling, along with your intestines, all over this junk-heap ship floor."

Sanis Prent
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:27:52 PM
"Want another headache?"

I casually aimed my blaster at her, smiling after a second.

"Don't worry. Sit tight, and we'll have a short, uneventful little trip."

I glanced over to Akrabbim.

"Where we taking her?"

DarthHERA
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:45:50 PM
"Yeah, where you taking me? Kidnapping is against the law you know. And while your little ambush was amusing for a while, Im starting to loose my sense of humor"

Hera knew she was just blowing smoke, but who knew what might come from a little back-and-forth banter?

Prent held the blaster steady on her and gave her a look of constrained patience. Seemed to Hera he would really, really like to pull the trigger.

"Perhaps the indomitable Jedi Master hasn't thought that far along in his meticulous planning?

A bit shabby wouldn't you say, Prent?"

imported_Akrabbim
Apr 11th, 2004, 10:46:37 PM
My idea would be to take her to the nearest maximum security detention center.

He looks down at Hera, listening to her tirade about "kidnapping" and her various other complaints.

Sorry to disappoint you, Miss Hera, but you've got several warrants against you, all with their accompanying rewards. Not the least of these warrants are suspected murder and escape from law enforcement custody. And, as I'm sure you're aware, you don't have to have any special jurisdiction to claim a bounty. As we are doing.

Akrabbim draws both katanas and stands at the ready.

And I'd sit still were I you. In a fair fight, you may be able to best me, but you should know I never fight fair. You should be easy to stab with those binders on. So, as Sanis said, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

DarthHERA
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:40:23 PM
"Come and stab me, coward!"

Her voice resonated with spite.

"Spill my blood while you can, Jedi, because soon I will turn the tables and we will see then about me enjoying the ride"