PDA

View Full Version : The Peace Gets Worse

Jedieb
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:02:19 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4016883/

These latest attacks were particularly brutal. Al-Qaeda is more than likely involved and some Kurd extremists may be involved as well. The death toll may end up topping 100.

Darth Viscera
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:14:02 PM
Probably just Saddamites carrying out some revenge attacks; the mustache never did like the Kurds. Don't forget the case of the exploding mullahs in that one parley.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 1st, 2004, 04:30:35 PM
I still think Al'Quadi is there, the Bathist(sp) aren't known for blowing themselves up. I think Al'Quadi and other terrorist groups (Hezeballu perhaps) have moved in there now to get a foothold in the country and try to kill americans.

Darth Viscera
Feb 1st, 2004, 06:20:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
the Bathist(sp) aren't known for blowing themselves up.

I doubt that the Fedayeen would think twice about blowing themselves up.

Jedieb
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:33:13 PM
I think Al'Quadi and other terrorist groups (Hezeballu perhaps) have moved in there now to get a foothold in the country and try to kill americans.
I don't know if they're trying to get a foothold as much as take advantage of the situation. Pourous borders and an abundance of U.S. targets are drawing terroists in like a magnet.

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2004, 07:42:59 PM
Good. Our chances of killing them are so much higher in Iraq than in a country where we have far fewer or no military assets at the ready 24/7.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:11:27 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Good. Our chances of killing them are so much higher in Iraq than in a country where we have far fewer or no military assets at the ready 24/7.

Riiiiiggghhhhhhttttt......

Actually, how about that the people blowing themselves up arent terrorists, but regular joes like you and me who have lost all hope, are angry, see no other way but to vent their frustration and fury in the only way they know will get their point across.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:21:28 PM
You're reaching for excuses to hate on this one.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:04:28 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
You're reaching for excuses to hate on this one.

Excuse me? Oh right, no one in Iraq has reasons to hate GI's? No family that's lost 12 due to a wayward bomb, or kids loosing hands and legs due to cluster bombs? No one who lost a father because he was accidentally shot? No one that wants the USA out of Iraq yesterday?

No, I'm not reaching at all. I think there are clear reasons why ordinary Iraqi would hate GI's so much they would blow themselves up and take some GI's with them too.

It's exactly like Palestinian women becoming suicide bombers. Do you really think they want to get 72 virgins in Heaven and that's the only reason?

No, of course not. It's because they have lost all hope and dont see another way.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:12:34 PM
My point was that you are biased, and welcome seeing things in the worst possible light. Especially when it comes to things regarding the United States, I might add.

Charley
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:28:00 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar

Actually, how about that the people blowing themselves up arent terrorists, but regular joes like you and me who have lost all hope, are angry, see no other way but to vent their frustration and fury in the only way they know will get their point across.

And that isn't terrorism why?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:01:13 AM
Originally posted by Evil Hobgoblin
My point was that you are biased, and welcome seeing things in the worst possible light. Especially when it comes to things regarding the United States, I might add.

There's enough Iraqis that so desperatly hate America for various reasons, they will do it. That is not bias - that's a fact. Why do you think all Iraqis will welcome the USA with open arms? Clearly, some are not and not all of them are from the old regime or are Arab terrorists.

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:10:28 AM
I see those people as having a natural resistance to change coupled with strong negative predispositions. I think in your rush to judge, you've forgotten that most of the socialization these extremists received under the Saddam regime was anti-US.

Regardless of what a person's opinions are, though, you ought to try before you buy, whether you're buying in or buying out. That is why terrorism, and it's byproduct of suicide bombers, is wrong in practical terms. It's already wrong in principle.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:22:09 AM
Personally I think it is terrorist cells probably Al'Quadi and maybe Hezebolla both hate America and would love to target American soliders like Jedieb said.

Darth Viscera
Feb 5th, 2004, 06:20:26 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar

Baathist cronies and extreme religious fanatics who don't mind murdering a few dozen Iraqis if there's a chance of getting a US soldier too != Ordinary Joes. You're trying to rationalize the acts of mass murderers.