PDA

View Full Version : Coffee and Holoscreens (open)

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:54:55 PM
Corporal Nobei Knobs sat down to a tall, steaming cup of coffee at one of the Bar and Grills many tables. Most Watch Officers had a certain something about them that inspired the fear of God in the average civilian of Coruscant. In the case of the Commander, it was his non-chalant reckless attitude, while Sergeant Burckharf was just violent, period. Corporal Knobs, on the other hand, didn't inspire anything really, outside of occasional pity. He'd had a reputation once, that was certain, but it seemed to have died now, with any hope of him ever making it past his lowly rank. Still, he could always count on getting discount prices on coffee in most of Coruscants cafés. That was better than nothing.

Zorah Densen
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:33:25 AM
She looked good in leather. It wasnt only her opinion but that of many others as well. Even the Watch commissioner had told her this privately one evening at a precinct gathering. "Densen, when you go all leather and become a dominatrix, call me." Smiling wryly, Zorah had nodded and informed him that he'd be the first. As if. But, he was the Commissioner and one didnt openly insult him - not if they wanted to keep their job.

The reddish/brown leather jacket she had on fit her slender frame perfectly then flared out slightly at the waist, emphasizing and drawing attention to the curve of her hips. It also nearly matched the color of her hair, which was pulled back and twisted into a french knot at the back of her head. Piercing green eyes measured the New Republic guard as she handed over her weapons, then dismissed him just as easily as they slid away to locate a booth.

A familiar face came into her line of sight and as Zorah glanced across the table, she noted that he was alone. Poor sap. Strolling over, the sniper slid unasked into the booth opposite and smiled at her co-worker.

"Out painting the town again, eh, Knobs?"

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:44:25 PM
"Something like that."

A curt nod in greeting was given, as Nobei silently looked up to his counterpart. Zorah Densen, he had been informed, was to be found most often at Commander Vymes side. They had a similar work ethic and thus that set her at odds with Knobs so far as motivation and attitude went. His lips turned into a forced smile at the corners, as he took a long bitter sip of his coffee.

"Interesting place, this," he said, clearing his throat as he felt compelled to make up quota of small talk for the day,

"Come here often?"

Zorah Densen
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:03:02 PM
"Now and then." Densen took an unhurried look around. The decor was standard - nothing fancy here, but the atmosphere was relaxed and she liked that. Even nerves of steel needed to take a break every so often.

Zorah glanced into Nobei's cup. "What are you drinking there, Knobs? Wouldnt you like something stronger? I'll buy you a drink if you want."

Extending a hand to flag down a passing waitress, Zorah ordered something mixed then gestured to her companion.

Radzyn Boomtown
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:06:40 PM
Walking in after an interesting shift, "Boomer" ran a hand through his short hair and let out a sigh that spoke of exactly what type of day he had. His black jacket left open, hiding the t-shirt he seemed to wear a size smaller. Strolling over to the counter, he orderd his "poison" and dropped a couple credits when it was placed before him. Smiling his thanks, he turned to look over the gathered customers and spied a couple of members of his precinct.

He picked up his drink and moseyed on over.

"Hey you two....any chance a certain rookie can "cop a sat" at this table?"

He asked with a smirk.

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:45:51 PM
"Nah, but thanks for the offer. Coffee is fine by me."

A polite smile and internally Nobei shook his head. It was then that another member of the Watch approached. Even when he was off duty, he couldn't avoid bumping into them. With a slight sigh, Knobs nodded.

"Of course. It's a free country after all... how's life keeping you, Radzyn?"

Zorah Densen
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:30:58 PM
"That was bad, Boomer." Sliding over, Densen made room for the newest member of the Watch. Radzyn was a good looking young man who would probably have a good long stay with the force, if he kept his nose clean. Too many these days were inclined to take the low road and be content with bribes and payoffs. Zorah had a feeling about the kid - Boomtown would do alright.

"Knobs here doesnt want me to buy him a drink. What about you, kid?"

Densen had a bit of a devil in her tonight and the fact that Knobs had just slipped on an expression of long-suffering didnt help his cause. Underneath the table, the sniper lightly trod on his toes. "Oops, was that you, Nobei?"

Radzyn Boomtown
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:05:41 PM
That "boyish" grin of his showed as she nailed his bad attempt at being funny. Chuckling he sat down and looked at Nobei with a shrug.

"Same 'ol Same 'ol...I need to remind myself to NOT compliment the Sarge."

Taking a sip of his drink he put it back down and looked at both of them as if trying to figure out what he was now talking about.

"I mean.....why cant that woman graciously accept a compliment?? All I said was "Hey sarge, thats a lovely outfit." When she was leaving....Bad mistake."

He looked at Zorah who had mentioned a drink to be bought. Taking a look at his partially filled glass, he quickly lifted it and slammed it back. Placing the glass on the table he smiled.

"You buyin' ? Frell yeah I'll take one.....I'll have an "Solar Flare". I hear they are really good tasting slammers."

Looking back at the Corporal, he tapped his arm.

"So how 'bout you Knobs? How's life for you?"

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:02:16 PM
I'd arrived at the B&G with time to spare. I didn't go on duty for another hour. The sun had just fallen below the horizon, and the light dimmed in the sky. Right now, I needed a distraction, in the form of bad food and worse coffee.

"Looks like the gang's all here."

I spotted the other night shift all-stars, settling into their usual seats. Walking to the table, I removed my jacket, draping it over my chair before I sat.

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Feb 21st, 2004, 03:21:11 PM
"That's one thing you've got to learn, Boomtown. You don't compliment the Sergeant. If anything, you want to insult her. At least then you'll get a little respect for having the balls to stand up to her," Nobei said, over the rim of his coffee cup. It was then that he heard another familiar voice. "Evening, Zemil," the Corporal nodded in greeting. Most would have said Commander, but Nobei had been in the Watch as long, if not longer than, Vymes. Despite being his 'inferior', Nobei still saw Zemil as an equal. "Mmm.. almost all here. Coruscants crack police security team, eh?" he said glumly, looking around at his counterparts, "Hard to believe."

Zorah Densen
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:13:02 PM
"Speaking of 'crack' - Boss, could you tell Wasoon to wear a belt, or Im going to staple his pants to his butt."

Jibby Wasoon probably had more years on the force than all of them put together and during that time he had grown more and more lax in the uniform department and if his belly wasnt hanging over the waistband of his pants, his backside was shining like a bald man's head.

"He bent over to pick up a piece of paper in front of me last night and I thought I was going to toss my lunch. Wouldnt be as bad if he'd just shave it. Its like he's got a pet in there with'im."

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:27:23 PM
"I'll be sure to pass that on to HR."

I smiled wryly at Zorah, and removed a crumpled cigar from my pocket. Giving it a few seconds under my ligher, I exhaled a puff of white smoke.

"I'm gonna need to run point with somebody this evening, down to the Delgard skytrain. Right now, nothing concrete, but we might have a tipoff on the Vylgas brothers."

The Vylgas brothers were beady-eyed cutthroats, and organized the muscle for the Ryll trade across three districts. They were slippery, and didn't mind greasing their getaway path with blood when it suited them. I'd had it on confidentiality that they were avoiding the usual in-bound traffic points by having their men front as skytrain bagmen, working in concert with an adjacent hotel concierge. It was all hearsay at this point. I needed a trail to pick up; something to justify a search.

"We'll need to set up a stake out, but subtle. These guys spook, and it'll be another four months before we find out how they're moving their product."

Radzyn Boomtown
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:53:57 PM
If Radz were a dog, his ears would've perked at the mention of Vymes needing help staking a place out. He cleared his throat and smirked. Here was a chance to show he wasnt so much the wet behind the ears rookie people took him for. Plus to learn a few things from the boss wasnt that bad of an idea either.

"I'll volunteer if you need me sir, I'm not doin' anything anyway."

This could be a well spent night after all.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:59:49 PM
I nodded at Radzyn's enthusiasm.

"Alright, you're riding shotgun."

I tossed him a metallic cyllinder.

"Top off the thermos. We'll be out of here in 30."

I glanced over to Zorah.

"Anything going on along your beat?"

Corporal Nobei Knobs
Feb 29th, 2004, 01:37:58 PM
Knobs could not help but sigh. There was a time when he had found all of this sort of talk absolutely thrilling. Now he couldn’t seem to drum up enough enthusiasm for any of it, least of all when there were chipper boot-licking rookies like Boomtown around to mar his mood. He looked across covertly to Zorah, awaiting her answer to Vymes’ question. If he had been twenty years younger…

Radzyn Boomtown
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:27:33 AM
Strolling to the bar, "Boomer" went to get the thermos topped off and a small caffe to go. Leaning against the bar, he waited for the two orders to be filled. Smiling to himself as this was not going to be a lost night at all....no more sitting around at a club getting ribbed by the "guys".

And certainly not another night home alone with the holoscreen. Tonight was going to be work and something he wanted to do. Something exciting. The tender returned and handed him the thermos and small cup, "Boomer" tossed him a couple creds and made his way back to the table. Settling back in his chair, he placed the thermos near the Boss and the small cup in front of himself.

Zorah Densen
Mar 4th, 2004, 11:49:21 PM
'Nada. Its quiet and that worries me. Whatever is out there hiding and festering will come to a head pretty quick. I can feel it coming."

Whil it worried her, it also excited the redhead. Paperwork and logging regular hours bored Densen to tears; a heated gunfight in a dark alley was her cup of tea.

"Shout if you need backup, Boss. Knobs and I will hop right on it." Zorah had caught Nobei looking and now tossed an open wink at him.