PDA

View Full Version : New Recruit

Travis North
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:25:49 AM
Travis walked into the Imperial recuiting office. He moved up to the desk and handed the datapad with his files to the recruiter.

"I wish to serve under the Imperial banner." he said, "My files are on that pad. Not much on it though."

Datapad Activated
-Start Personal File-

Name: North, Travis
Homeworld: Thyferra
Academics: Passed with overall high grades, specialty in military history
Previous Occupation: Civic Officer
Other Information: Parents, Trista Kor and Rallen North, both deceased. No siblings. Closest living relative Sara North, aunt, current location Bespin

-End Personal File-
Datapad Deactivated

He grabbed the seat in front of the desk and sat down. He looked around and saw a poster of the Imperial Doctrine he read a few sentences. He then turned his attention back to the recruiter.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:49:13 AM
The recruiting officer, an older man, often passed over for promotion, barely looked up at the recruit when he announced himself.

"I see. Which service do you wish to join? Navy, Army, Intelligence?"

The monotone of the officers voice echoed in the warm room.

Travis North
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:37:29 PM
"Could you give an explanation of which duties each section entails?" He asked, "I'd like to know what the sections involve before I make me decision."

Jarek T'chort
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:59:19 PM
The officer narrowed his eyes at the recruit and was about to point out that he could read about each service in the pamphlets displayed on the desk, but thought better of it.

"Certainly. The Imperial Navy is the main branch of service, you can choose to serve in a variety of roles, starfighter command, capitol ships, crewers, gunners, officers, anything. The Army you serve as infantry, walker crew, general staff. Intelligence, if you pass the exams and tests you will become a trusted member of the Empire, tasked with secret missions and gathering information."

He looked the man over before continuing.

"The Navy is the career option, the fast track to promotion. Serve well in the fleet and you may even come to the notice of the Grand Admiral. The Army is becoming more important, now we are back in the buisness of taking over planets. Intelligence is the cloak and dagger stuff, if you have no morals and no consience, join them."

He smiled slightly then sat back to wait for the recruit to decide.

Travis North
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:10:43 PM
"Thank you sir. I'll choose the Imperial Navy." Travis said.

He was about to get up, but another question came to mind.

"Who will I be serving under and what training do I have to go through?"

Jarek T'chort
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:23:25 PM
"Well, you will be attatched to Line Captain Balades' task force. You will receive five months intensive training at the Heken Ring Base."

"Welcome to the Empire recruit."

Imperial Recruitment Office - Candidate Travis North, hereby given the rank of Commander.

/OOC/ You will have to complete a training thread with Captain Balades - he will arrange that with you. His taskforce will be ordered to attack some pirates. (this occours a few months before Operaytion Sythe.)

Teleran Balades
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:13:00 PM
/OOC/ What branch were you looking at Fighter Command, Fleet Command, or something else? I'd just like to get an idea of what I have to work with.

Travis North
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:30:11 PM
"Thank you sir."

OOC: I was going to go with fleet command, but I'll take fighter.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 1st, 2004, 05:48:40 PM
Ok, get rping! We have an Empire to rebuild.