PDA

View Full Version : Two birds with one stone (Daria)

Silus Xilarian
Feb 1st, 2004, 07:05:48 AM
There were only a few short hours left in the day. Dusk had already settled over Iziz. Silus had sent for Daria to meet him in the sewers, in the very same spot that her training had ended up last time. Maybe she would remember the way, if not, then she would have to track Silus down with the force, a skill he wasnt sure how well she could utilize.

Tonight, she would get what Silus liked to think of as hands on training. He knew very well that she had recently been in a combat situation, and to her credit, she fared pretty well, considering the circumstances. Tonight though, Daria would have the advantage of the first strike. It would be interesting to see how she performed.

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:31:52 PM
Back to the sewer, apparently. God knows why. Daria had only just managed to scrub the stink out of her skin from her previous sojourn into the bowels of the city. Never the less, here she was again, climbing down a grimey ladder into the dank dark underbelly. She let mind wander, but not in any idle haphazard fashion - it fixed in on Silus quick as a flash. She followed the trail back to their campfire meeting place, calling ahead of herself:

"Master?"

Silus Xilarian
Feb 2nd, 2004, 02:15:48 AM
"Just in time..."

Silus met Daria halfway from that point. Their last meeting place was at a dead end of the sewer, Silus had only chosen it out of convenience to Daria.

"Come with me."

Now going in the opposite direction, they had a little bit of time for conversation before they reached their destination.

"I heard you had a little bit of a run in with someone a few nights ago..."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:10:17 AM
"Word spreads fast," she said, idly inspecting her fingernails as they walked, "Yes, I did. Some drannit in a mask and cape, straight out of one of those gaudy holovids."

Silus Xilarian
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:56:43 AM
"Heard that drannit in a mask and cape got the best of you."

Silus replied flatly, not bothering to look over.

"Care to tell me what happened?"

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:39:49 PM
"He accosted me. I simply responded accordingly," she replied haughtily, giving a slight shrug as though innocent.

"How was I to know he was a Force user?"

Silus Xilarian
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:34:31 PM
"Everyone can be beaten, soon it wont matter if its a force user or not."

The feeling in the air seemed to have a mild presence to it, to Silus at least. They were nearing the graveyard now, and he couldn't help but be a tad superstitious.

"We're almost there."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:23:00 PM
"Almost where? It's all the same down here. Pipe, sewage, pipe, more sewage," she sighed, feeling a little riled up over having to talk - albeit briefly - about the encounter with Vali.

Silus Xilarian
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:37:59 PM
"If you havent noticed, this end of the sewer system is clean. There's the stench, but you dont have to worry about stepping in anything. As far as it being the same, only in looks. The sewers, for someone who knows the layout, are the best way to get anywhere silently."

Silus stopped at that moment. He figured he needed to give Daria the scoop on what she would be doing before they got there.

"Right now, we're almost directly under the graveyard. These tunnels are inhabited by a small group who are bent on removing Giran from the throne. They think they're secret is safe, but we've known about them for awhile. They're more or less toys."

Silus smirked a bit.

"Now, every third night, three of the leaders slip over to a nearby tunnel to discuss things. So tonight, you're going to stir up a little bit of chaos. Nothing too hard.....I'd hate to see you get in over your head and give up."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:30:43 PM
"You're sending me to do your dirty work," Daria stated, returning the smirk, "How marvellous. Will I be heading into the fray right now, or do I get a little time to prepare?"

Silus Xilarian
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:38:35 AM
"My dirty work would be slaughtering them en masse, which would hurt us more than help us. Which is why you arent going to be running in and stabbing everything that moves."

Silus grinned a little bit.

"Here's what I want. As I said before, three of the leaders are going to be alone in a nearby tunnel shortly. I want two of them dead, and the third holding the murder weapon when the rest of the group comes busting in. I dont want you to be seen at all. How you go about this is entirely up to you. All you have to do, is when you're ready for the witnesses to arrive, signel me, and I'll do the rest."

Silus raised his eyebrows a bit.

"Pull this off, and I'll buy you dinner."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:50:20 AM
"Alright then, Master. Your wish is my command,"

Daria brought her palms together in front of her and mocked a bow.

"Point me in the direction of the tunnel and I'll be done in a matter of moments."

Silus Xilarian
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:12:38 PM
Silus gave a little nod of his head, motioning her around the corner.

"Just keep going straight, and dont let yourself be seen."

The room wasnt too far down the tunnel, and their were only two ways in. One that the resistance leaders had taken, and the one that Silus was standing at now.

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:29:17 AM
With a nod, she turned from Silus and began to walk. The hunt had begun now. Though the setting was unfamiliar, she felt all at once nostalgic for Doz'rah. Her body kept close against the tunnel wall as she walked, to stay in the darkness, she wondered how she was going to go about this. Silus had told her to remain unseen all the while and to make the whole scene look as though it had been the doing of one of the group.

As she neared the chamber, she could hear hushed whispers. Reaching out with her mind, she felt that there were indeed three people as she had been told - she was a little surprised at this, having expected to be sent into a room with a far greater number as a test of her resourcefulness.

She came to a junction. Ahead, there was the way which the group had come in through, and to her left around the corner was where they all stood. Her breathing slowing, she cautiously leant around the edge of the pipe and caught a brief glimpse of the trio before returning to her hiding place. They were stood in a vague triangle. If she closed her eyes, she could see them all again. There was no Force presence emanating from the room. Daria smiled.

Fingers pressing to her temples, lightly massaging the skin, she began to concentrate. On the wild of Doz’rah, animals could be bated into thinking that their prey was close by using the mental techniques taught to the Kuto, which triggered certain reactions in their brain. It could also alter their perception of reality, albeit for as short time. When Daria stepped out into the tunnel way, everything began to go blurry.

One leader could have sworn that another had thrown a fist at him and so ducked, aiming to return the blow. The third caught a momentary glimpse of Daria, but would sadly not live to speak of it – a dagger cut his throat and in thirty seconds he would be dead. The first, who had attacked his counterpart, found himself looking down at a corpse. No, two corpses. The dagger was lying on top of the second.

He looked up and for a second, the Doz’rah weakened. Her mind strained to keep a hold and forced a rush of nausea on the leader in an attempt to confuse him. She stumbled back into the tunnel and fell against the wall, and fainted almost instantly.

Silus Xilarian
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:26:31 AM
Daria awoke in an unfamiliar part of the sewers. Upon looking around, she could see Silus standing with his back turned to her, keeping a watchful eye on the passage ahead. Upon hearing her stir, Silus glanced over at her, then turned his attention back down the tunnel.

"I think we pulled it off..."