PDA

View Full Version : Energy Manipulation lessons (Figrin)

Azhure Darkstone
Jan 31st, 2004, 01:25:10 AM
::She walked into the room, carrying her saber and her katana at her back, and looked at the sky. It was getting lighter, and she had her daily four hours sleep. Strangely enough though instead of her usual training she administered to herself at night she had sat to watch the stars. Now she looked at the sky, the sun was coming up and the sky was a redish colour. The world turned and if you didnt do anything but watch, and stop to look around for a while you could move too fast to see where you were going, or not go anywhere at all. She had decided to take matters into her own hands and take on other mentors for multiple skills, she would not be left behind in the deluge of time.

Sitting on a nearby rock she waited silently and still.::

Figrin D'an
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:06:07 PM
Figrin approached, the clap of his boots against the permacrete signaling his presence. He easily spotted Azhure, who he was sure was aware of him.

"Good morning," he said, stopping a few paces from her perch. She looked up at him.

"It's been some time since I have held training this early. Hopefully, for both our sakes, I'm fully awake."

He smiled, and gave a single wink the Azhure, in an effort to set a lighter mood.

Azhure Darkstone
Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:37:15 PM
::Azhure nodded and attempted a small smile, her internal wires were too far in concentration to be too cheerful, besides, cheerful wasnt her usual disposition anyhow. Learning to joke around would be a long lesson, she had learnt how to smile and that too had been a rather complicated lesson. She nodded her head in respect her teacher of the moment.::

Good morning, thank-you for coming. Do we require weapons or anything special in particular before we begin?

Figrin D'an
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:15:09 PM
"No, you won't need any weapons or equipment," he replied. "We're going to start simple. I just want to gauge your abilities, and determine a good place to start some instruction."

"How are your with telekinesis?," he inquired. "What sorts of objects can you move with ease, and what types pose a challenge?"

Azhure Darkstone
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:47:23 PM
I'm a strong telepath, and I can... push my conscience mind into.. well into someones body and imagine certain areas by using my senses, which is drawing me to healing of sorts. As for telekenisis I havent explored it. I've...

::She wasnt sure to say it but she would have to. It wasnt a pleasant memory.::

I once touched the darkside, back when I saw my brother supposedly killed and apparently I raised some objects in the area and pulled them towards the offender, and set the grass on fire, but I cant remember what the objects were or what exactly happened during that time.

::She wouldnt even know how to begin to set fire to grass, or even fathom having the force ability, it could have been a natural occurance or it might not have been. The darkness had been oilly and unpleasant, familiar and alien. She hadnt liked it, it was worse than having blood on your hands.::

Judging by that I'm assuming I can use telekenisis.

::She wasnt sure if that helped any, but perhaps he could do something with that knowledge.::

Figrin D'an
Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:21:44 PM
"Interesting," Figrin noted. "If indeed it was your telekinesis that started the fire, it would seem your natural ability is quite strong. Combustion of an object is quite difficult. It's also very much related to the manipulation of energy."

"All matter stores energy," he continued. "This is simple physics. Unleashing that stored energy can be very difficult, however. Maybe, once you have progressed, this is something you can attempt. For now, however, we'll concentrate on working with forms of energy directly."

"Have you ever seen Force Lightning in use?"

Azhure Darkstone
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:47:36 PM
::Azhure had heard that force lightning was very powerful when used by a jedi master but she had personally never seen it, only it's effects, she had also heard it was popular among the sith as well. She simply shook her head, what she knew was speculation.::

I've seen what it can do, but never seen it being done.

Figrin D'an
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:40:52 AM
"It's quite powerful, once properly honed," he continued. "But the basis of the technique lies in some other more simple forms of energy manipulation."

He pulled an old data pad from his cloak. It was worn, well-used over what was likely many years. It appeared to have been dropped several times, being dented in several spots, and was quite dingy.

"This," he motioned with the pad, "will serve as a good example. A normal datapad, with a standard low yield power cell to make it functional. It seems pretty harmless, and is for the most part. But the power cell can be made to overload, causing the pad to short out."

"And, if done right," he added, "it can give the holder just enough of a shock to cause mild pain. It's a good way to cause a distraction. Here, I'll show you."

Figrin placed the pad on the ground, a few feet in front of them. Stretching out with the Force, he focused on the pad.

"See the power cell, see the current flow inside it, and push as much of it from the cell into the pad. The pad can't handle it and..."

As he paused, a small puff of smoke rose from the pad, the screen blacked out, and a few small sparks of electricity jumped from it's surface.

"... just like that," he concluded. "The data pad is ruined, of course, but it put on a good show before it was overloaded."

He pulled out another pad, in similar condition as the first.

"Would you like to try?"

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:36:50 PM
::Azhure nodded looking at the pad. She thought of it much as she thought of healing. The muscles, the veins, the bones, the marrow. The electrical curciuts, the plastic, the glue that holds the plastic together, the batteries. The electrons that run around in the battery She made them run faster, build up, faster, faster. The speed of the electrons built so fast that it began pushing, pushing, there wasnt enough room for the speed anymore, making it seem like the space was now too small. She imagined the electrons starting to ooze out into the datapad. The more they oozed the pad began to fill, and fill and fill. The pad began to have little curcuits spark.::

Figrin D'an
Mar 7th, 2004, 11:50:56 PM
Figrin watched from beside Azhure, pleased with her effort and it's results.

"Very good," he said. "You caught on quickly. That's a sign that you have a strong predisposition for this branch of Force skills."

He picked up the datapad, which was now charred, and partially melted.

"You could keep it as a souvenir, I suppose," he shrugged, giving another smile. "Let's try something a little more difficult... and explosive."

He picked up two nearby rocks, ones with a lot of mass, and brought them over to Azhure. The rocks appeared to be identical in composition.

"This should work nicely," he thought outloud.

"This will be a bit of a science lesson, as well as one in learning the power of the Force," he began, holding up one of the rocks. "This rock has a reasonably high metal content. Many types of rocks contain things like iron, lead, copper and other metals that can conduct electricity. Like all things, there are chemical bonds that hold the rock together. If you put enough energy into the rock, those chemical bonds can break, sometimes quite violently."

He place one rock on the ground, then held out the other in front of him, one hand supporting it from below, the other resting on top. Figrin closed his eyes and concentrated. The Force flowed through him... through his arms, his hands, and into the rock he held. It began the shake in his hands slightly, small cracks forming on the surface. The rock seemed to whine slightly as any moisture inside it quickly evaporated, and soon after, shattered. It mostly crumbled into smaller pieces, but a few fragments few out from the Jedi Master's grip, landing several meters away.

"Think of yourself as a circuit when you do this," he said, opening his eyes. "The rock is what completes the circuit, bridging the gap between your hands. Then, just concentrated on channeling as much energy through the rock as quickly as you can. The faster you do it, the more rapidly the bonds will break."

He noded to the second rock, lying on the ground between them.

"Give it a try," he instructed.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 23rd, 2004, 04:55:48 PM
::She looked at the rock like she looked at someone’s body, at its components. This wasn’t healing but it came from the same logic, what is this made of and how can we manipulate it?
Azhure’s hand picked up the rock, the rocks surface was smooth and warm from the sun, the sun beginning to reach it’s usual place in the sky. It was truly morning now.

She closed her eyes and then opened them, feeling the components, the metals, the gaps where she could guide the force into. Electrons, the thing that kept our bodies going in a different form, that in another form generated power for her ship, that helped a dead heart to beat again. Azhure felt the force surround her and the rock, and concentrated on the rock. The force flowed from her fingers to the rock her fingers held, and inside the rock. She felt the force against the rock ‘walls’ and slowly and gently spread the force over every spare space before she concentrated on electrons, on what they were, on what the did until she could feel electrons running around in the rock. She pushed them a little faster, and the rock began to tremble, she pushed them a little faster and the rock burst violently, one part going into her skin.

She let the rest of the rock fragments drop and carefully pulled out the fragment in the skin, ignoring the blood, it could be cleaned up later. She wasn’t sure if the rock was supposed to burst that way, perhaps she had put too much into it, perhaps not enough to keep it together long enough to crumble properly.::

Figrin D'an
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:02:36 PM
The shattered rock had made a dust cloud that lingered around the Figrin and Azhure until the wind picked up and caused it to dissipate. Figrin stepped back, coughing because of the dust, but laughing in between the coughs.

"Well," he said at last, still chuckling and coughing, "you certainly made sure there wasn't much left of that rock. I think I inhaled a good portion of it."

"You certainly seem to have the talent," the Jedi Master continued. "Learning the intricacies of energy manipulation can be long and difficult, but certainly has it's benefits. Perhaps we can considering trying to learn some more practical things... blaster bolt deflection, shielding, stunning opponents, disabling and destroying combat droids. Is this something you wish to pursue?"

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:18:35 PM
They sound like useful skills, and I would be willing to learn them.

::It pleased her to know that she had done the right thing, she did not like to fail and took it very personally when she did. The thrill of manipulating energy still stayed with her. Just like the thrill of manipulating, or in nicer terms 'healing', someones body gave her a certain feeling she rather liked. Not power, but something much more complicated, something that tingled within her very soul, that made her feel... well there wasnt any words for it. Using the force for manipulating was far more exciting that for simply fighting.::

Figrin D'an
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:47:35 PM
"Excellent," the Jedi Master said, pleased with her decision. "We'll make arrangements to begin training in earnest. You'll find it's a skill set that is very useful and versatile."

"Until then, you can practice in one of the training rooms, simply by attempting to manipulate the electrical flow in the powered objects in the room. Just try not to blow up any of them."

He smiled again, making sure she understood it was a joke.

"I'll plan to have some 'fun toys' set up for our next session," he added. "Until then, is there anything else you wanted to discuss?"