PDA

View Full Version : Unternehmen Scythe

Telan Desaria
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:19:55 PM
Going quite well. Do to my limited access, I won't be on much so I will be posting observations and the occassional order quirk.

Teleran -- - what I said wasn't an insult, just an Imperial officer hedging his bets.

Teleran Balades
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:23:49 PM
(I Didn't take anything as an insult)

Ok. Here's the fleet sumary that Jarek wanted.

4th Respone Squadron

Aurora-class Star Destroyer- "Feanor"(Flagship)
Aurora-class Star Destroyer- "Malice"
Aurora-class Star Destroyer- "Maelstrom"
Aurora-class Star Destroyer- "Defiler"

Hagen's Armada (Whatever the designation is)

Imperial-class Star Destroyer Mk IV- "Antiphas" (Flagship)
Imperial-class Star Destroyer Mk IV-
Nebulan-B2 Frigate-
Nebulan-B2 Frigate-
Nebulan-B2 Frigate-
Nebulan-B2 Frigate-
Nebulan-B2 Frigate-

Awaiting arrival of Jemel's pride, Harker and the Implacable (What type of ships are they?)

Looking at the forces we have and the forces the New Republic has, we have the edge in firepower, but they have the edge in numbers. I don't know how you want it revised, but this is what we have right now.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:39:09 PM
Thats excellent, thanks. Remember we have the ground defenses to aid us. The Jemel's pride, Harker and the Implacable are all Lancer mk II Frigates.

Travis North
Feb 15th, 2004, 08:03:34 PM
I assume we all know Bestine is a water world and was once an Imperial Navel Base. Might be a good test site for using the new TIE/Aq (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34315) design. If it gets passed.

Teleran Balades
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:38:15 PM
Hey Tear, do you want to blast the Golan station guarding Bestine, or do you want to take shots at the defending ships.

Tear
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:45:52 PM
mm I think my main volleys will be at the golan stations cause those are more of a threat. Ill let you duke it out with the defending fleet, if you need any cover fire just ask and ill send a couple volleys toward any target you had in mind.

If any NR ship gets to close to the planet ill take them out too so they dont land any ground forces

Teleran Balades
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:03:40 PM
:idea Hold it on the golan. I thought of something that might save my ships some pounding. Let me take the golan, I'll have one ship fly "upside down " compared to the other, the slanted hull will let them over-lap. Doing this will pretty much make both ships' port weapons batteries useless, but they wll be able to pool their shields together. If I can get to the golan right away, i'll be able to angle most sheilds foreward, giving me about 200-300 percent shield strength facing the it.

This will only work until the defending capital ships counter attack.

If you can disable the cruiser and I can take out the golan fast enough. The Republic support ships won't have the heavy fire-power to kill the Destroyers.

Is this an aceptable Idea?

Jarek T'chort
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:18:06 PM
Sure is, but the Destroyers will be vunerable to the NR fleet once they assume those positions.

Teleran Balades
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:46:01 PM
I know, I was hoping if I moved fast enough that I could get to the golan quickly. Oh well, Tear can have fun blasting the station. I'll take the fleet.

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:50:20 PM
I'll have fun blasting Tear and Vhiran and the fleet.

Teleran Balades
Feb 23rd, 2004, 07:17:20 PM
Uh, Vhiran is with the Republic, why would you blast him.:huh

Oh...sorry...I forgot you were Rping on both sides..man I feel like an idiot.

Back to the fleet plan, I'll scrap the shield pooling, It would only work on a single target for a single pass. It would be pretty devastating though, I'll file that away for a different situation.

Tear
Feb 23rd, 2004, 07:58:30 PM
Is there two or one Golan station? I thought there was two..

And bring it on Travis i have a few surprises waiting for you :)

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:00:25 PM
I'm training with spear guns. Rusty spear guns.

Teleran Balades
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:15:51 PM
One golan and a dreadnaught I think.

Tear
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:17:45 PM
Well one volley disabled a star destroyer at hoth.

I have two Ion cannons to work with consider the golan toast and ill target the dreadnaught for my second post.

:angel <--soon to be the NR

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:20:09 PM
I was planning on destroying an Ion Cannon gen. But sure knock yourself out. I'll get you over somehow.

Teleran Balades
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:34:59 PM
The attack begins. North it's your move. Let the defense force get organized before attacking, we have about a minute or two before the two forces actually meet.

Tear
Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:23:36 PM
Remember Ion generators lay below the surface..inside the complex..so you gotta come into the base with my men :) That is..if you managed to get inside..

I have my post written up and ready to go, The combined volley of two ion cannons will take out the Golan station in the first post, after all they wouldnt be expecting it and two ion cannons concentrating their fire is pretty deadly..

So as soon as you get into range, let me know and ill have it disabled for you to turn into burning wreckage.

nm..couldnt wait i posted :D