PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Dor

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:14:22 PM
Hey i gotta question thats been plaguing me. Ive been looking up on Kel-Dors for a while and I have been wondering; do Kel-Dors eat? They got that thing in front of their mouths and they cant take it off. I just wanna know so i dont make him eat anything or drink on the posts.

Figrin D'an
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:44:46 PM
They're organic beings. They have to consume food of some sort. What form that nutrition takes, I'm not sure. If there isn't anything definitive on the official site, or in EU stuff somewhere, then be creative with it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:49:38 PM
Originally posted by spada
Hey i gotta question thats been plaguing me. Ive been looking up on Kel-Dors for a while and I have been wondering; do Kel-Dors eat? They got that thing in front of their mouths and they cant take it off. I just wanna know so i dont make him eat anything or drink on the posts.

Anything they can suck through a straw :D

Shawn
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:53:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: The environmental masks they use are so they can breathe, yes? So wouldn't it be possible for them to remove it just long enough to get a mouthful of food or drink and then replace it? A bit tedious, I'm sure, but it would get the job done.

Rognan Dar
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:51:46 PM
True. Or they could just get a big bubble and plug it into a oxygen tank (after getting the food inside) and then eat it without having to take it off each time. :p

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 04:05:47 AM
Yeah, like the boy in the plastic bubble...the Kel-dor in the plastic bubble. Of course, he could go Marcus' way and drink slim-fast all the time...:D

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:10:49 AM
Actually, Rog Dog, I think it's the abundance of oxygen that causes them to need the masks over their mouth and eyes. I can't remember though.

Ace McCloud
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:43:02 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Actually, Rog Dog, I think it's the abundance of oxygen that causes them to need the masks over their mouth and eyes. I can't remember though.

It is, but Rogs idea is much like mine. They might have little cartridges (Like CO2 takes for paintball guns n such) and plug it in and inject it or something.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:43:03 PM
:idea the prescence of oxygen in a Kel-Dors lungs is very dangerous so im gonna go with the like straw idea. If anyone finds any info regardign how they eat please tell me.

Rognan Dar
Jan 29th, 2004, 10:45:16 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei

Well, its about the same. :mneh But Ace has a interesting idea. So what your saying is that the masks help keep out oxygen?

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:34:39 AM
I assume like Mon Cals. They have their own rooms that are suited with their environments. I assume a Kel Dor's room would have a low level of oxygen in it. So he could take off the mask and consume food. I'm also assuming the door would be like an airlock with actually two hatches. To keep oxygen and other people from entering.

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:45:10 PM
Originally posted by Darriann Sollak
I assume like Mon Cals. They have their own rooms that are suited with their environments. I assume a Kel Dor's room would have a low level of oxygen in it. So he could take off the mask and consume food. I'm also assuming the door would be like an airlock with actually two hatches. To keep oxygen and other people from entering.

yea ill go with that for now. Man its hard being one of the only races who have oxygen masks (not the only though)

For those of you that dont know, Dorin is situated between 2 black holes, thus the environment is very different and is made up of mostly gases and no oxygen. Evolution has caused Kel-Dor to become unable to breathe oxygen cause their home has none. The goggles i suppose are ther cause they are sensitive and the oxygen is probably dangerous when in contact with them.

Ace McCloud
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:54:13 PM
Originally posted by spada
yea ill go with that for now. Man its hard being one of the only races who have oxygen masks (not the only though)

For those of you that dont know, Dorin is situated between 2 black holes, thus the environment is very different and is made up of mostly gases and no oxygen. Evolution has caused Kel-Dor to become unable to breathe oxygen cause their home has none. The goggles i suppose are ther cause they are sensitive and the oxygen is probably dangerous when in contact with them.

Try Kessel, its situated right by the maw and its atmosphere is being sucked away =P

Good Idea sollak, woulda never thought about that.