PDA

View Full Version : A new beginning(spada)

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:20:47 PM
Shade walked around and sat a bag of objects down next to his feet. He then took off his outer robe and stretched his muscles. It had been awhile since he had been here. He hoped that Spada would learn as much as he did.

The Knight went to his bag and sat down cross legged in front of it. He then began taking the objects out one by one. First came a decent sized stone. Next came a jewel that sparkled. Next came a seed. Finally he laid out a clear substance it was something his master had given him before she had left. It would be the final test for anyone who wishes to make Telekinesis.

There he sat waiting for his new apprentice, as he reach out with the Force allowing himself to be enveloped by it.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:27:41 PM
Spada sat against a wall in the training rooms, sleeping. He did not see Shade Magnus enter one of the rooms with the bag. He woke a few seconds after he passed and he pulled out a comlink, setting it to the training rooms attendant.

"Has Shade Magnus entered any of the Training Areas?"

a protocal droid's voice blurred back,

"Yes."

He put away the comlink and walked from room to room until he found Shade sitting cross legged around some items. He walked in, took off his robe, and sat across from Magnus, saying,

"I am sorry for being late."

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:33:37 PM
"Do not worry about it. Now Before we begin there are some quetions I wold like yo to answer. First why did you decide to become a Jedi? Second, what is the Force to you?"

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:38:37 PM
Spada thought a minute and answered,

"I wanted to become a Jedi to protect the innocent. Where I lived on Coruscant, a gang did not like me much since I did not let them push me around. Seeing firsthand what evil people do to the innocent has compelled me to become a Jedi."

he then thought a bit longer and continued,

"I believe that the force is a strength in all people which can be unlocked by only a few."

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:48:25 PM
"If that is you belief then that is it, but to me the Force can be unlocked by so many more than you or I can possibly know about. As everyone says, the Force is in all living things and therefore it is my elief that every living thing can unlock it if they try."

Shade then motioned to the object before him.

"Now. Take this stone and make it go around the room five times. I know it may seem useless, but it ill help in the long run. This exercise is intended to let you delve deeper into the Force before moving on."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:53:26 PM
Spada held the stone and felt it for a few seconds and placed it down. He held his hand out and the stone quivered and levitated. The stone then slowly made its way around the room. 1...2...3...4...5. at the end of the 5th, the stone dropped off and Spada began to breathe heavily.

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:59:18 PM
Shade nodded.

"Very good. Now do it again, but try to make i go faster. remeber, place your trust in the Force and let it guide the stone. Try not to use so much of your own strength as relying on the Force."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:04:19 PM
Spada nodded and held his hand out again, this time lifting the rock more easily and getting it on its way faster. On the start of the 5th lap, his hand began shaking and the rock faltered, but it made its way around wobbling and fell hard to the ground.

"I am sorry, my mind was not clear."

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:10:13 PM
"Do not be sorry. I am only trying to find out your limits. By doing this over and over then you will grow in stamina and become stronger. Now take a moments rest and then do it again."

Shade smiled at his Padawan.

"If I am as good as my Master was then you'll never have trouble sleeping again just in case you are wondering. The training you will go through will be trying both mentally and physically."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:15:42 PM
Spada nodded and sat with his legs crossed and meditated, clearing his mind of all thought and letting the force envelop him. After about 10 minutes, he held out his hand and the stone came up faster than the previous time and cruised around 5 times without faltering. After the rock set down, he took a breath and asked the Magnus,

"Master, I hear that being able to pull a saber towards you is a useful skill for if you drop your lightsaber. Is that skill similar to what we are doing now?"

He did not want to interrupt the training, but he was curious to know.

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:19:55 PM
"Yes. It is and so much more. For instance......"

Shade threw his saber across the room and pulled it back with the force, but before it came to him he made it fly around the room a few times and then ignited it with the Force and twirled it before it came back to his hand unactivated where he clipped it onto his belt.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:23:51 PM
Spada watched Shade's trick and said,

"I'll just train a bit more... Thats a little too advanced."

(sorry for shortness)

Shade Magus
Jan 30th, 2004, 01:11:09 PM
OOC:don't worry. sometime short is better.

Shade nodded.

Yes. Now that you have had a moment to rest, I want you to try and do the same thing only try doing it with this jewel."

Shade indicated an ancient relic.

"This exercise will not only allow you to practice Telekinesis, but allow you to learn how to control it better. You see this object is very fragile and would break in most people's hands. It was made that way. Now as you make it go across the room by gentle, but I want to you keep going around the room until you are able to lift it as well as the stone earlier."

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:28:50 PM
Spada nodded and said,

"I am ready."

Holding out his hand, the crystal began to lift. He slowly brought it across the room and back to him, moving so slowly, careful not to break it. He then rested a bit and did it again, slightly faster.

"I think I am getting the hang of this."

Shade Magus
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:10:02 PM
"Yes you are. Now keep it up. Cause you are going to need to be alot better for the final test."

spada
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:09:05 PM
Spada nodded to Shade and said,

"I will see how many laps I can do with it."

He sat for a while and meditated and finally held out his hand. The crystal came up swiftly and the first 2 laps were good. He slowed it on the next 4 laps and on the 7th lap, the crystal faltered and landed slightly harder than normal. When he picked up the crystal, it had a small crack down the center.

"I am sorry. The crystal is cracked."

Shade Magus
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:32:35 PM
"Don't worry about it. It was just a tool for an exercise. I expected it to get cracked sooner or later, but you did good. Now try and do the same with the seed as you did with the rock and the jewel. It will be much harder because you are looking for something with much, much less mass."

spada
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:26:17 PM
Spada nodded and picked up the seed. It was so small it was hard to think that he would be able to see it on the other side of the room. He thought of his lesson before with Wei and concentrated on just the area with the seed. The seed rose and began to circle, but at about halfway around, it fell.

"I cant see it so I cant concentrate on it."

He looked for a bit and finally saw the seed on the ground on the other side of the room. He took a breath and lited the seed again. It seemed strange that he could not lift the seed easily because of its difficulty to see and grasp somehow. The seed made its way around and he dropped it in front of himself, picking up the seed.

Shade Magus
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:44:48 PM
"There my young Padawan is the lesson. You must learn to see the seed without seeing it with your eyes, but through the Force. Reach out and sense it the lift it up."

spada
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:01:54 PM
"You mean like picture it going up with the force? I think I can do that..."

he reached out and lifted the seed. At about 10 feet away, he made a mental picture in his head of the seed floating around. He could not see it, but the image in his head helped him to concentrate the force on it. When it made its way back, the seed fell when he lost concentration.

Shade Magus
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:52:38 PM
"Very good. That is the lesson which one must learn with the Force. Do not see and try, but see and do. the Force acts more on sheer will than anything else. Picture smthing happening and then make it happen. Now keep this up for a few moments and then rest. Your next exercise will be very difficult and will require more energy than your other two combined."

spada
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:59:43 PM
Spada nodded and sat in meditation. By the way it sounded, the next lesson would be his hardest yet.

Shade Magus
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:14:29 PM
After a few moments of letting him rest Shade picked up the last item and sat it between the two of them.

"This will be your hardest test yet. This is part of a tenticle of an ancient creature. I do not know its name, but it was blind to the Force. Now I want you to try and feel this out with the Force and left it. It will be very hard, but I wish to see if you can do it without my telling you the solution first."

spada
Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:03:16 PM
Spada looked at the tentacle and wondered what ws so great about it. He held out his hand, concentrated, but the tentacle only shuddered. He felt as though the force was being repelled from the tentacle instead of being lifted by it.

Shade Magus
Feb 4th, 2004, 02:03:22 PM
Shade smiled.

"Give up yet?"

spada
Feb 4th, 2004, 03:45:27 PM
Spada tried a little more and then stopped, saying,

"Yea. I'm stumped."

Shade Magus
Feb 5th, 2004, 04:17:41 PM
"It is part of an animal that is now extinct. It lived outside of the Force. It was the first of a few species that do. Now the trick to levitating this tentacle is to compress the air around it nd move the air. I will take a lot of concentration seeing as how nw you are actually trying to manipulate something so small, but do not give up. Try it a few times and then rest if you must."

spada
Feb 5th, 2004, 07:59:40 PM
Spada nodded and outstretched his hand. He compressed the air around the tentacle and it began to wobbily move around. The unevenness of the air distribution caused it to sway wildly and bump into the ground, but it continued to levitate. He pressed all his energy into keeping it steady and it hovered for a few seconds before he staggered in tiredness and caused the tentacle to fall with a squish.

Shade Magus
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:35:48 PM
Shade could feel th Force flowing from his Padawan, and smiled.

"Very good. You are getting the hang of this. Just rest for a moment and then continue."

spada
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:52:27 PM
Spada sat and rested for about 10 minites and tried again. Concentrating the force aroudn the tentacle, it began to push upwards. He then switched his focus to the bottom of the tentacle, only using the air on the sides to steady it. He held it this time much easier and was able to hover it for about 10 minutes before he dropped it into his lap.

Shade Magus
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:14:58 PM
Shade nodded with approval.

"Very good Spada. I am pleased to see you making such progress. But I say that now we should rest for awhile. Come let us get somethng to eat and drink and then we can finish tomorrow. you have earned your rest for tonight."

Shade got up and with his Padawan walked towards the Bar & Grill.

continued: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34238