PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HOT TEA!!! (open)

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:41:09 PM
Quay'Na Rakai sneezed and felt as if her head was going to explode. She rarely ever got sick, but today she was sick.

The cold blast of wind and pelting sleet didn't help any, it was winter and boy, it was bad. But, not as bad as the cold she'd caught, it was hitting her at full force and she felt pretty darn terrible.

Her book bag was slung over her shoulder as she entered the B&G, she had some studying to do and wanted some good hot tea, even though she probably wouldn't be able to taste it.

Quay's body ached and her head hurt as she handed her lightsabre to the guards. She walked up to the bar. "Hot tea over there." She announced as she sneezed again and pointed towards a booth in the corner.

She could imagine what she looked like as she threw her book bag onto the booths seat and sat down. Quay dug around in it and pulled out her datapad, datacards and a box of kleenex. She knew she was feverish, but she had to get as much information she could on Krayt Dragons, her boss wanted it.

"Here ya go, Quay." Kari the waitress said as she brought over the hot tea. "Man, Quay, you really should be home in bed, not here."

The Padawan nodded, as she took the tea. "Yeah, yeah...I know, but I've got work to do..." Her voice was hoarse and she tried to ignore it, but it wasn't easy.

"I'll check on ya later then." She smiled as she walked off.

Quay'Na took a drink, the heat from it would hopefully warm her insides. Then, she began reading the datapad.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:48:30 PM
Spada walked into the bar and heard a sneezing. He then heard a hoarse voice and figured that someone was sick. As a Kel-Dor, he did not get many diseases that Humans recieved (human right?), but he still felt bad for the woman at the booth. Spada walked over to her and said quietly,

"That doesnt sound too good..."

Spada sounded stupid saying this but he could not think of another way to introduce himself.

"I see you are reading up on Krayt-Dragons. I hear they have a terrible howl. My name is Spada, may I sit down?"

he bowed and looked up, waiting for an answer

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:07:02 PM
"Tell me about it." She groaned hoarsely and glanced up to the newcomer and gave him a half-smile.

He spoke of the Krayt Dragons, which was always er favorite subject. "Yes, they do have..." She stopped for a second and thought she was going to sneeze, but the feeling went away.

"They have a very horrible howl indeed, I've seen them once." She continued. "Sure, have a seat. I hope you're not prone to colds. I'm Quay'Na Rakai, nice to meet you, Spada. I just wish it was on one of my better days."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:19:07 PM
He shook her hand and said,

"I've never had a cold in all my life."

He looked at her supplies and said,

"Back on Dorin when I was in the Dorin Academy, I was between a Warrior Dorin and a Normal Dorin, having the pysical build i have. As a result I was taught and trained at the same time. Anyway, I learned that Krayt Dragons have been known to reach as large as 15 meters! But that may be a myth..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:38:29 PM
"Yeah, that's a good sized Krayt, I plan on studying them one day. They are my favorite species." She told him as she took another sip of her tea. "What else do you know of Krayts? Perhaps, I can add it to the information I have to present tomorrow." She almost was dreading the presentation she was going to have to give, especially the way she felt now.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:04:56 PM
Spada's good long term memory came in handy,

"Well, as you probably know, a Krayt Dragon comes in two types; the smaller Canyon Krayt Dragon and the Greater Krayt Dragon. The greater Krayt tunnels under the sand and attacks creatures with its whip like tail and teeth and the Canyon Krayt attacks its prey with its claws. Its really quite interesting how the two creatures are both realted yet they look very different."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:35:42 PM
Quay'Na sniffed and nodded. "Yeah, I haven't found any real good pictures though. I suppose, I need to go on the holonet later at the Order...."

Now, she sneezed and blew her nose. "Oh, God...I am so sorry..." She was utterly embarrassed.

With another sniff, she added. "You are one lucky guy not to have to deal with this, Spada."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:57:31 PM
Spada leaned back and waited for her to continue speaking. He stared at her and delved into her mind (not with the force Kel-Dor can do it naturally) without her knowing. He was looking to see what she thought about him.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:10:46 PM
If he was staring, she was too sick to notice. Though, even as the two spoke she was doing her own evaluation. Something her first master taught her, always be alert to everything around you.

Spada seemed to be of good character, caring nature and well, very polite.

"I've not seen you around, but no one can mistake Jedi robes. Are you new or from another training facility?" She asked as she took another sip of her tea and then poured hot water into it.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:27:08 PM
Spada broke his concentration having found what he wanted and replied,

"Yes, I am from the Academy. I have recently been assigned a Master and we've trained a little. How about you? Are you a Jedi Padawan also?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:42:23 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "Yeah, I'm a Padawan under Knight Helenias Evenstar. She's really great, I'm very lucky to have her. Who is your Master?"

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:45:50 PM
Spada replied,

"I am Padawan to Jedi Knight Shade Magus. He is very wise and I have learned fast."

He then went back to the subject of her being sick,

"Would you like to go to the Medical Bay? I'm sure they have something to help you..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:56:38 PM
"I like Shade, I've met him a time or two." She sniffed amusingly. "Funny, you should suggest that, a few friends that I work with at the Wildside Animal Refuge told me the same thing earlier today. But...I really don't have time, I've got to get this information done before I go to the Refuge tomorrow."

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:05:49 PM
Spada found it hard to believe that she didnt have enough time and said,

"Come now, you had the time to talk with me. How about you go to the medical bay and I'll help you with your Krayt Dragon research?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:20:33 PM
Quay'Na looked at him and tilted her head as she wiped at her nose with a kleenex. "You'd do that?" she asked through the scratchiness in her throat.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:24:03 PM
Spada stood and held out his large, 3 fingered hand, bowed, and said,

"I could not sleep right knowing that a fellow jedi needs my help. Plus I have a lot of free time..."

his laughs came out strange through his face mask.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:44:59 PM
Quay'Na smiled and glanced at the Kel-Dor and thought roughly for a second about going back out into that sleet and icy chill.

The medical center was connected to the Order by a covered breezeway, but still they had to get through the nasty weather to get to the Order.

She finally shrugged after blowing her nose again, that was getting to be more of a pain. "I suppose some prescribed drugs would be of some help."

She stood up and slowly got her things together, she was so tired, it wasn't funny.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:22:11 PM
Spada saw how tired Quay'Na felt and decided to be nice. He gathered her things and picked up his cloak, giving it to her and saying,

"Its cold out there."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:49:39 PM
Quay'Na smiled lightly at him and sighed, she couldn't believe she came over here without her own cloak, no wonder she was sick.

Her clothes were still slightly damp as was her shoulder-length brown hair. It was such a quick decision to come over to get some tea, she didn't want to go all the way back up to her room for her cloak and just ran over.

"Thanks, Spada." She answered and took the cloak thankfully and put it on.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:53:09 PM
Spada stood and said,

"well, lets be off!"

he walked to the guard at the door and collected his lightsaber, glancing back at Quay'Na and beckoning her to follow.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:04:28 PM
The Padawan stopped and grabbed her own lightsabre and sighed. "I'm ready, let's go." She said hoarsly as she pulled up the hood.

The wind was howling outside and the sleet was still falling, stinging Quay's face as she hurried out the door and towards the street. It was slick too and she almost slid a couple of times.

The cold air had a bite to it, making her breathing even harder than it already was.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:06:46 PM
Spada saw that Quay was in serious discomfort and decided to be a 'gentleman'. Turning around, he walked to her and kneeled down, saying,

"If you are feeling that bad, do you want me to carry you to the medical bay? It would be no problem."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:16:58 PM
"That's [pant] okay [pant]. I'll make [pant] it." What was the deal here? She was in tiptop shape and anyone seeing her for the first time, would think she did nothing active at all.

Her lungs weren't working right, or perhaps it was just the bite of the cold air. She trudged forward through the snow on the side of the street. A few speeders were coming, so she leaned against a parked speeder to rest while she waited.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:20:52 PM
Spada saw Quay was very tired and said,

"nonsense."

He walked over to her and picked her up, placing her on his back piggy back style. He stood as the speeders passed and continued on, his powerful arms holding Quay on as he jogged to the Medical Bay.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:33:30 PM
At that point, Quay didn't protest she was too sick and tired too. The warmth of the GJO settled over her a few moments after they entered. "Do you know where to go?" She basically mumbled.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:37:09 PM
Spada turned his head as if to face Quay but he said,

"Not really. I was hoping you would know."

He wandered around for a while and finally was able to find out where the Medical Bay was from a Jedi who saw them walking around.

"you can rest while i walk there you know."

he said, wanting Quay to get some sleep on the way there. He finally reached the bay and placed her onto one of the beds for checking up on Jedi and waited for a droid or person to come in and see how she was.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 10:08:56 PM
Quay'Na could heal animals, but not herself. So, she had to depend on others for that.

She closed her eyes and slipped into a meditative state to try and regain some inner strength. But, it wasn't working too great.

It wasn't until she felt her body being carefully laid down on one of the beds that she stirred out of her near sleeping state, but she only stayed awake for a few more minutes and then closed her eyes, "Thanks, Spada...." she mumbled.

It wasn't long before she heard a familiar voice, Dr. Hayden Radnor.

"Quay'Na Rakai, it's about time you came to visit, though I think I would've preferred under better circumstances. What seems to be the trouble?" He asked as he pulled up a chair with rollers on it.

"I've got a really bad cold and I'm really tired and it's hard to breathe when I'm walking." She told him and sneezed. "Oooh." That hurt her head.

"I see," he said as he took down the information. "Let me scan you and I'll see what I can give you." He told her with a smile, he could tell she felt terrible, by just the dull look of her eyes.

"OK, it won't take but a moment." Hayden answered as he grabbed his hand held scanner and quickly scanned the ailing Padawan.

It was only a second and he frowned, before he shut it off. "Quay, how long have you been ill?"

"About a week, but it wasn't this bad." She answered weakly.

He nodded. "Hmmm, well...I'm telling you right now, you're off training and work for at least a week. You've got a bad case of wallking phneumonia. Have you been coughing at all?"

Quay'Na shook her head. "Off for a week? I can't possibly!" She stopped and answered his question in a polite manner. "No, I haven't been coughing, so how could I possibly have that?"

"Well, that is the problem, Quay. Your lungs are so congested you can't breathe. So, I'm gonna give you a shot to break up all that congestion you've got. Tomorrow you aren't going to want to go anywhere. You're gonna be too busy coughing up that crummy crud that you've been collecting." He smiled.

"Oh great, just what I need. Something to make me cough like crazy."

Hayden shook his head. "Hey, you're lucky I don't admit you." He looked over at Spada. "I hear, you're the one who got her here. I'm impressed, usually Jedi don't come...like this one."

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:23:57 PM
Spada nodded to the doctor and looked down at Quay,

"Well, this gives an excuse to miss your meeting. You will have some time to work on the report now while youre grounded."

He looked down at his comlink and realised that he had some work to do.

"Here. I will get some information about the Krayts and tomorrow I'll come over here and give you the information."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:15:29 PM
Hayden nodded. "Important meeting, huh? Well, not this week and I mean it, Quay." He told her as he raised his eyebrow and then nodded towards Spada. "He'll tell me if you're being good or not, won't you...uh..." Hayden just realized he didn't know the Kel-dors name.

"Spada." Quay interjected. "And Spada's nice...he'd never rat on me. Would you?" She asked innocently.

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:18:17 PM
Spada did not reply to the two. He walked off and decided to leave them both on their toes for a while, but he probably wouldnt tell on her anyway.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:38:58 PM
"There see? Ya made him leave." She told him.

"I did not, I did no such thing." Hayden replied as he turned and went on his comm for a moment. A few moments later, a nurse walked up with a air gun and an interesting needle on it.

"That?" She asked, "that is what you've gonna give me?"

"Yep." He smiled as the medicine case was already installed. "Only take a moment and then you can go back to your quarters. Now turn your head to the left."

Quay'Na didn't like needles or neck injections, it always seemed to leave a funny taste in your mouth for hours. She tried to take a deep breath, but it was impossible.

"Now hold still and don't sneeze." He told her as she felt the gun being pressed to her neck. It only pinched for a second and then Hayden took it away. "All done and I suggest you do not take anything to suppress that cough. I want to see you in seven days and if it gets worse, don't hesitate to come back."

Quay'Na nodded as she sat up. "Thanks, Hayden." She said as she looked around and didn't see Spada anywhere.

With a weak smile, she stood as Hayden nodded back. "Take care, Quay."

"Yeah, you too." She answered hoarsely as she headed for the med facilities corridor that led back to the Order. Sadly enough, the walk back was going to be long, especially with having to make several stops along the way.

Quay's first stop was not far from the entrance of the med facility. She leaned against the wall and attempted to get her breath back. This wasn't going to be fun, what so ever.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:00:59 PM
Kack had been wandering aimly for most of the day and sensed a familiar presence down one of the cooridors. It was Quay and by her Force signature she didn't seem to be in great shape.

He made his way down the hallway and found her panting against a wall.

"Are you alright?!" he inquired, rather surprised to see her in such a state.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:08:58 PM
"No," she replied weakly as tears formed in her eyes. Quay'Na thought she was going to cry. "I've got walking [pant] pneumonia and I'm trying [pant] to get back to my room. [Pant] But, I needed to take a rest. [Pant]."

Her head still hurt and she was so glad to see her friend. "I just got out of the med center."

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:23:43 PM
"You need to get back to your room? Geeze, the dorms are on the opposite side of the complex! Well, I don't know precisely where your room is, but if you can direct me I can carry you," Kack offered with his usual warm smile.

"I am at your service," he said jokingly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:36:21 PM
Quay'Na had wanted to be so strong, but at the moment it was impossible. "Someone else brought me here, but [pant] he disappeared, so I thought I could just walk back....[pant]. Silly me."

A moment later, she sneezed and winced at the pain it caused. "If you don't mind, Kack I could really use the help." There was no way around it, she needed help.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:47:58 PM
"Quay, don't worry about it. It would be my pleasure to give you a hand. It's not a problem at all."

He lifted Quay up in his arms like a baby and headed off down in the direction she had been going.

They came to a junction filled with rooms.

"Okay, so do we go straight, right, or left to get to where we're goin'?" he asked in his usual goofy manner.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:55:57 PM
Zap this....sorry...goofyied!!!

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:57:28 PM
Had she not felt so bad, she probably would've laughed. Her voice was so hoarse, it was barely recognizable. "Straight to the lifts, up to floor 35..." She didn't finish as she leaned her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes.

She thought she heard him say 'okay', but she wasn't sure. She did however, feel him moving again and then drifted off. God, she was tired...

Lady Mylia
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:01:45 PM
Mylia stood in the turbo lift waiting to go done, she was on her way to the B&G. She needed something to eat, but didn't want to cook. As the door opened, she began to walk out and almost bumped into Kack, and...Quay! "Oh my goodness, what's wrong?!"

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:09:30 PM
"She's got walking pneumonia, they just released her from the Med Center. Do you know where her room is? 'Cause I don't think she's gonna tell me," Kack said looking down at the now sleeping Quay.

"Boy am I glad you showed up. Otherwise I'd be wandering the halls banging on doors all night!" he said with a slight chuckle.

Lady Mylia
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:16:11 PM
Mylia laughed slightly. "Sure, it's not problem." Mylia took a couple steps back into the turbo lift and pushed the floor number. Before they knew it they were flying up towards the 35th floor. "Walking pneumonia, man that sucks. Is she going to be okay?"

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:22:57 PM
"I imagine she'll be fine. I'm sure the Med Center gave her medication for it," Kack replied still looking at the slumbering Quay.

"Guess, she needed some sleep," he said as the durasteel doors of the lift opened with a hiss.

"Lead the way."

Lady Mylia
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:34:47 PM
Mylia nodded and she walked out of the turbolift down the hall. She got to her door and look to Kack. "The key might be helpful." She said reaching into Quay's pocket of her robe to get the key. She opened the door and pushed it open. "Home sweet home."

Kack Mebuff
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:42:25 PM
Kack gently laid Quay down on her bed and covered her with a thick blanket.

"I think I'm gonna stay here tonight in case she needs anything when she wakes. If you want to stay as well I'm sure she won't mind," Kack offered as he sat down in a nearby chair.

Lady Mylia
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:48:47 PM
Mylia nodded. "I think I just might. I don't have anything else to do, plus I want to be here for Quay."

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 08:03:17 PM
Spada recorded the last of the data; everything he could find about Krayt Dragons was recorded for Quay. Spada then realised that he did not know her room number. He glanced at the datapads and saw the room number she was in and what floor. Standing and walking to a table in his room, he put on his mask and goggles. He took a few breaths and punched in a code on his airlock which prevented the oxygen from entering the quarters.

He walked out and after a few minutes, he was on the 35th floor. He strode quickly across the hallway and knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

Lady Mylia
Jan 30th, 2004, 11:00:44 PM
Mylia looked at the door, who could be requesting for Quay. She glanced over towards Kack and then went to the door and yelled out. "Who's there?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 31st, 2004, 08:33:13 AM
Quay'Na stirred and opened her eyes to the sound of Mylia's voice. She was rather surprised to say the least as she saw her friends still with her. Or perhaps, she was just hallucinating, she really didn't know which.

"Oh, just kill me," she groaned sickly as she looked at Kack for a second more.

But, her alertness didn't last, she moved slightly, groaned again and closed her eyes. The Padawan was back to sleep momentarily.

Unbeknownst to Quay'Na along with the medication Hayden had given her in the neck injection, was a powerful antibotic and a type of mind relaxer so she would sleep. It also, closed down all the mental blocks Quay had up and soon, she would find just how much she had been trying to keep blocked out.

Kack Mebuff
Jan 31st, 2004, 11:48:38 AM
As Quay'Na moaned, "Oh, just kill me," Kack quickly responded, "Is it really that bad to wake up to my face?" But before he got a reply she was asleep once again.

He turned his attention back to the door, where a Kel-Dor stood on the otherside. The Force told him that the Jedi was a friend.

"Good ahead, Mylia, let 'im in. He's not a threat."

spada
Jan 31st, 2004, 05:14:50 PM
Spada walked through the door and saw the state of Quay.

"I thought I left you in a better state."

He glanced at the 2 others and nodded to them. Taking out the datapads, he placed them next to Quay's bed and asked,

"This is walking pnemonia right? Well it probably got worse when you tried to walk..."

Kack Mebuff
Jan 31st, 2004, 11:28:15 PM
"I'm afraid she's asleep right now, friend. I am Kack Mebuff, Jedi Padawan. You must be the one who brought Quay to the medical center. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Kack extended his hand out in friendship

spada
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:44:28 PM
clasping his hand with his 3 large fingers, he nodded to the man.

"I am Jedi Padawan Spada Elhow. You are friends of Quay, I take it."

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:16:04 PM
"Indeed, we are. This is Mylia," Kack said gesturing in her direction.

"She fell asleep on the way up the lift. I carried Quay here. Found her outside the medic center, trying to make her way to her room. Good thing I found her. She probably would have fallen asleep in the hall way."

Lady Mylia
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:22:18 PM
Mylia held out her hand to Spada. "Nice to meet you." She said, mostly keeping her eye and mind on Quay.

spada
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:06:39 PM
Spada took her hand and bowed to her gracefully. Grabbing his cloak, he and left the datapads on the table, saying,

"Well. I had better be going." beggining to walk to the door.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:11:34 PM
"You're more than welcome to stay if you like," Kack said, gesturing to an open chair.

"I'm sure Quay would be happy to see you when she wakes up."

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:28:51 PM
With all the mental blocks the drug released, a fathom of visions, dreams and nightmares began to form in her mind. One in particular.

She couldn't move as she opened her eyes, she couldn't even speak. What was happening? But, then she remembered being in the bar...feeling rather ill and walking out. She had gotten sick and blacked out. But, now she was here....but where was here?
"Glad to see you're awake, Quay'Na." The voice did sound slightly familiar. "Oh, forgot you can't move. Funny how drugs work. Right here." He walked before her and moved her head so she could see him.

What was happening? Why was he doing this?

She was covered with a blanket, she could feel it and...she was undressed....oh GOD!!!

The man smiled. "Oh don't mind me, I'm going to take real good care of you, Quay..." He attacked her.

Her eyes moved frantically behind her eyelids, and her breathing became ragged. She screamed. "Nooooo!!!" And was up in an instant, not realizing where she was or who she was with as the horrid scene replayed in her mind.

Just out of urgency, she jumped and rolled to get away from the horrible threat. But, her body was hardly able to handle such a feat and she collapsed in a heap, gasping for breath.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:34:55 PM
Kack rushed to Quay's side.

"Quay, it's okay, you're okay!"

He wrapped his arms around her and held her close, she was sobbing. Kack stroked her hair as he spoke to her.

"It's alright, you're here with friends now. Mylia's here, so is Spada, and I'm here. Nothing's going to happen to you."

He placed a hand on her head. Images flashed through his own mind, a man, screaming, pain, then darkness.

"Quay, what happened?"

spada
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:41:48 PM
Spada's external sensory organs picked up a very alarmed state from Quay. He did not have time to see into her mind, since he was not expecting it, and she fell off the bed. He stood over Kack and looked to see how she was.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:47:06 PM
Quay'Na's sobs were mixed with her gasps, she felt like she was going to sufficate.

"He....he...violated me....oh, God!!!" She cried as everything from that horrible night was revealed. Quay'Na had never felt so dirty.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:54:50 PM
"Quay, I... I'm so sorry. Who was it?" Kack's voice was somber and kind. But he couldn't help but be surprised by her words.

He sat her back on the bed and wrapped a blanket around her.

"Mylia, could you make up some tea, please?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:05:52 PM
"I don't know who he was." She said softly as she shook her head. "I've been trying so hard to forget about it."

Quay'Na sniffed as her head hurt. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, you had to find out. I've been trying to block it out and..." The pain came back as she leaned over, covered her face with her hands and wept. She couldn't hold it in any longer.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:12:21 PM
"Quay, don't move for a moment, okay? I'm going to look for some answers."

Kack gently placed his hands on Quay'Na's temples. More images came to his mind. The man, there was something about the man. There was so much malice in his heart, but not towards Quay, towards someone else.

His hands fell back to his side and he shook his head.

"There's something about the man... there's a connection between him and you... but I can't quite figure out what..." he trailed off.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:24:38 PM
Quay'Na shook her head, "I don't know, Kack. He knew I was a Jedi, I couldn't do anything." The adrenoline rush she was on was wearing off and she slumped back onto her pillows and shivered. "...I couldn't do anything..." She spoke in nearly a whisper.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:28:07 PM
Kack covered up Quay'Na as Mylia brought over some tea for her.

"Here, sip on this. It'll help ease your nerves."

He set the cup down on the nightstand beside her bed.

"Rest, you've had a long day. A little too eventful for my liking. Would like us to leave so you can be alone or would you rather us stay?" he inquired.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:36:42 PM
"I..." She hated to admit it. "Can you stay until I fall asleep? I don't want to be alone."

Quay's exhaustion was irrelevant.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:40:15 PM
Kack took Quay's hand in his own.

"Of course."

He kissed her hand gently and set it back on her lap. Kack's smile was warm and inviting as always. Though behind it he was still deeply concerned about Quay's dream.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:47:51 PM
Quay'na tried to smile, but foudn it very hard at the moment. She thought of Anthony, her fiancee. The man she loved...

But would he love her if he knew this. For some reason, may it be because she was ill or not, she doubted it. Quay didn't have the heart to tell him, she couldn't bear to lose him.

Quay'Na opened her eyes and looked at Kack. "No one can know of this, please. Don't tell Helenias, she's in a delicate state,,,she doesn't need this to deal with. Promise me."

Lady Mylia
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:29:30 PM
Mylia ran into the kitchen to make tea as soon as she was asked. She brought it back out to Quay. "This might help you relax some." She said feeling completely hopeless for her friend.

spada
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:03:39 PM
Spada watched as the two were so caring to Quay. He sat in a chair and watched them go about their business, not knowing how he could help.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:33:23 AM
Kack didn't say anything for the moment, he didn't know what to say.

"Just rest, Quay, we'll discuss this more when you're feeling more up to it," he said reassuringly.

He sensed both Mylia's and Spada's sense of helplessness.

"Do not despair friends, your presence alone is help enough. You are doing what any true friend would do."

He rest a hand on Mylia's shoulder as he spoke.

spada
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:27:08 PM
Spada looked over the room. It was different from his own room; more worn, like it had been more "broken in". That was probably because his quarters were airtight and had to be kept in good condition.

"Well, while we wait, what should we do?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:47:13 AM
Quay'Na couldn't sleep, her mind was too full. It seemed everytime she closed her eyes, she saw the guy coming at her.

She felt ashamed, embarrassed and confused. For the past two weeks she had endured many sleepless nights, countering the time with tons of study, meditation and taking long showers. She had been so guarded and put up so many blocks to keep i thidden, she didn't realize that one couldn't live this way before it took it's toll. Hence, now she was very ill and everything had come storming out like a hurricane.

With a defeated sigh, she opened her eyes and sat up. "I'm sorry you had to find out about this, I didn't want anyone to know." She said quietly as she took the tea she had been given and took a drink. "I don't know why my guards went down."

She couldn't look at anyone, she just stared at her tea.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:38:22 PM
Kack thought for a moment, "Something would have to let your mental guard down, if you were blocking it out. What kind of drugs did they give you at the medi-center? Anything to help you sleep?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:17:46 PM
Quay'Na shook her head. "I don't know. He just said it was going to make me feel better. But, I sure don't feel good right now. I think I feel worse." She took another drink.

spada
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:32:19 PM
Spada sat in a chair and replied,

"Things always get worse before they get better. The medicine will start working soon."

he looked at the other two,

"As far as the dreams you've been having, I will not tell anyone else of this if you want to keep it secret."

Lady Mylia
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:56:32 PM
Mylia looked to Quay, not knowing really how to feel. She could not help but feel sorry for her, but she knew that's not what Quay wanted. She bit her bottom lip and looked to Quay. "I'm sure you'll start feeling better soon." She agreed with the others.

Kack Mebuff
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:53:58 PM
Kack nodded his agreement.

Though, he was still puzzled about what may have triggered Quay's dream.

"Get some rest Quay'Na. You've had a rough day."

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:12:32 PM
Quay'Na took a deep breath and looked at Spada. "Thanks, Spada I'd really like to keep this as discreet as possible."

She put the tea down and lay back, she felt feverish and cold. Quay'Na did feel sicker, not better, but then she needed sleep. Sleep that she'd not had for a few days. The Padawan closed her eyes, sleep came quickly.

But, a restless sleep it was as she tossed and turned. She awakened a few hours later to find Spada and Mylia both asleep, nearby.

But, Kack was awake and across from her sitting in a chair. "I'm sorry you had to find out about this the way you did, Kack. I didn't want anyone to know about it."

Kack Mebuff
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:30:53 PM
Kack offered a faint smile, "Do not worry, my friend. More often than not things do not work out as we plan."

He put a hand on Quay's and held it for a time.

"We are all with you," the padawan said with a smile, "through whatever hardships may come."

Kack could sense that there would be more to come... but he could not tell what.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 1st, 2004, 08:09:23 PM
"Dante....his name was Dante." She suddenly remembered, she hated that name!

Kack Mebuff
Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:42:06 PM
Kack nodded... he kept a mental note about that name, never would he forget it and its dark connotation.

"Do you remember anything else about this... Dante? Perhaps any of his features?"

(OOC: I have a friend named Dante in RL... haha)

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:41:10 AM
Quay gripped the blanket tighter. "He, uh...had dark hair, it was longer in the back, dark eyes." A tear fell and she wiped it away. "A cowboy hat, he had on a cowboy hat." Now, that wasn't a usually thing in this time, especially around Coruscant.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:12:49 PM
Kack nodded his understanding.

"I will have to keep my senses alert for such an individual..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:56:57 PM
The Padawan coughed. She let out a low groan as she felt like her chest was going to explode.

She reached into the Force and calmed down the tickle that wanted to be such a bother.

Finally calmed. "He'd better hope he doesn't run into me again." Her voice was scratchy.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:43:30 AM
Kack nodded.

"Rest... we'll worry about this Dante later."

The padawan tightened his grip slightly on Quay's hand to let her know that he was still there for her.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:22:16 PM
Quay was tired, very tired. Seh nodded quietly and closed her eyes. It wasn't long before she finally drifted off.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 10:58:35 PM
Kack sat while Quay drifted into sleep. Soon sleep was upon him as well and he fell into a deep dream.

Images flashed through his dream. Quay was there... a child... Marcus... pain... suffering...

The padawan awoke with a start, sweat was dripping from his forehead. Quay was still asleep.

Once again Kack fell asleep. This time he rested more peacefully.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:45:18 PM
An hour later, the coughing that Hayden had warned her about began.

It woke her up!

The Padawan felt almost as if she couldn't get her breath as the hacking began to make gag.

Quay's eyes were watering as she struggled to get up, stumbled to the 'fresher and slammed the door.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:22:33 PM
Kack was awakened by the sound of Quay slamming the door of the refresher.

He leapt over to the door.

"You alright in there, Quay?" he questioned from the other side of the door.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:54:33 PM
Quay couldn't answer all she could do was cough and gag. The Padawan didn't have the slightest idea how long she was in there, she grew weak from over exersion and fell onto her back.

The hack finally quieted and she lay there panting. Kack...help...

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 10:05:46 PM
Kack could sense Quay's urgency from through the door and flung it open with such force that it was almost ripped from the hinges.

He quickly pulled Quay from the floor and onto the bed.

"What's wrong, Quay?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:39:03 AM
Hard to breathe...gonna pass out... Quay couldn't think much further than that. She reached into the Force and tried to calm her breathing down to a minimum, but it was extremely hard.

She couldn't believe she was so sick.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 26th, 2004, 09:59:26 PM
Kack reached out to Quay with the Force. He helped her slow her breathing down.

Take slow, deep breaths...

Finally, after several minutes Quay's breathing was at a normal pace again.

Kack practically collapsed into the chair, exhausted.

"This Force Healing stuff is harder than it looks..." he muttered, wiping the sweat from his brow.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:44:48 PM
"I know," she whispered lightly. "Thanks, I didn't think I was going to make it through that." She concentrated on her breathing still.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 04:02:42 PM
"I'm... just... glad you're okay..." Kack sighed, trying to catch his own breath.

"The heavy focus on my warrior training is detracting from the other aspects of my Force abilities..." he muttered to himself.

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 07:53:10 PM
"I..don't know...what I...would've done, if...you hadn't been...here." Quay was even more exhausted now, all that movement, wore her out badly.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:20:54 PM
"Just rest, Quay. You need to get your strength back..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:15:31 PM
That was so true, all her strength had been zapped. She nodded without answering and closed her eyes. It only took a moment for her to fall asleep again.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:21:34 PM
Kack too dozed off in the chair.