PDA

View Full Version : I Come With Information (Council Reply Requested)

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 11:09:21 AM
Spada walked through the clearance doors, having been already accepted by Desquelgan (sp sorry). He entered the Temple Avalon. Approaching the Council, he kneeled and said,

"I come with information that may be of help to you."

He stood and remained at a bow, standing as he continued.

"I was sitting in Master Yohgurts Bar and Grill when I overheard a conversation. One man was Bari Wedoru, the other Sanis Prent. The two people spoke of moving goods from Kessel to Carshoulis Prime, but Prent did not speak of the commodity that they were transporting.
I may not be an experienced Jedi, but I know when someone is transporting an illegal good. Prent also spoke of a 'hazard pay' of 20000, which is fairly high for transporting a legal commodity."

He scanned the coincil, adding,

"Perhaps you could send a Jedi and his Padawan to check on the situation. I apologize if I have spoken out of place during this time."

he bowed lowly and awaited the reply of the coincil.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 31st, 2004, 10:38:34 AM
Morgan shrugged.

"Both Kessel and Carshoulis are out of the New Republic's jurisdiction."

Alpha
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:32:42 PM
Satine raises an eyebrow.

"Just because it's our of NR jurisdiction, why should we make it out of our's? It could be important to check this one out."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:36:28 PM
"We are not the galatic police. It is not our job to patrol every parsec of the galaxy and deal with every law infringement. Not to sound dismissive, but this cargo could be anything - our positions don't give us the right to barge onto every ship and transport we see fit and demand to search the vessel. We too must comply with laws."

Kelt Simoson
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:47:04 PM
' I agree, it seems to me we have to also live with the rules we set ourselves. I think it would be an extremely upsetting ordeal for whomever this concerns' Kelt said honestly agreeing with both Morgan and Dasquian.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 1st, 2004, 07:51:22 PM
"Spada, you are too quick to judge. There is a saying, 'Knowledge is power.' There is much truth in that. How much do you actually know about Wedoru or Prent? And what do you know of their mission? The 'hazard pay' Prent mentioned might not just cover lost or stolen goods. It might also cover damages made to the ship by simple wear and tear, or insurance in case of a pirate attack."

Wei kept his gaze on Spada. "I appreciate your zeal. However, it can also get you into a lot of trouble."

spada
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:55:07 PM
Spada felt slightly humbled by this, but he was not going to give up so easily.

"I am no human. I was born with certain Kel Dor mental abilities which allow me to read minds. Prent was very mentally trained, but there was something about his thoughts which made me think twice about the conversation. Perhaps you could send just a Master and Padawan?? However small the shipment may be, it could lead to you finding the source of illegal goods shipments INSIDE your jurasdiction."

Morgan Evanar
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:17:09 PM
Morgan was surprised at Spada's obstinance. He had no idea who he was dealing with.

"Prent is smarter than that. As a Jedi Master, I advise you to drop this line of inquiry. If you continue it, you will likely end up dead." He crossed his arms.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:25:27 PM
Wei shook his head. "Wow. Spada, there are a few things you need to get straight. One: just because you can get into other people's heads doesn't mean you should. Two: You need to know your place and learn what you can and cannot do. You are a Padawan, and are still learning. You have much to learn yet."

Wei's voice and face were stern, but he did not raise his voice. "Have you found a teacher yet?" If Spada did not have a teacher, then Wei could understand Spada's brashness. But if Spada did have a teacher, then it would be a very different case.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:36:38 PM
' I have met Prent on several occasions Padawan, and there is little chance of you completing your objective, i would side with Morgan on this issue, the man is a tough nut and you will get yourself killed.'

Kelt who always tried to understand others sides could not for the life of him see why Spada wanted this.

Alpha
Feb 4th, 2004, 10:53:23 PM
"I agree on this note also, young Padawan. I've met and even fought Pretn. He is a dangerous one to cross."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:49:39 PM
He'd been listening quietly. This was Falcon Gyndar's first term on the council, and his first council meeting.

After most everyone else had spoke, the knight decided to make his voice heard. He leaned forward, examining the young and fresh padawan learner.

"It seems that the odds are against you, young learner. It may take two to tango, but....What I am saying is that I like your enthusiasm, but that alone does not give one the skills to dance. I myself have not chanced to meet Mr. Prent, but I would not encourage you to take upon yourself a task beyond your skill or understanding. I am in agreement with the rest of this Council."

He sat back, saying nothing further.

Figrin D'an
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:08:02 AM
"We appreciate your interest and concern regarding this, young padawan," Figrin chimed in. "Mr. Prent is a person of interest, one whom the Order often watches. However, his business is a matter of some complication, and in this case, I'm afraid we do not have the legal authority to conduct any type of search."

"However," he added, "it should give you some comfort that we are keenly aware of some of his... activities."

The young Kel-Dor had shown an eagerness to get into the good graces of his Jedi superiors, and was surely disappointed with the response he was receiving. It was clear to Figrin that pushing the conversation to a new topic would lighten the established mood.

"Tell us more about your mental abilities. They seem to be quite strong, even without the benefit of Jedi training."

spada
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:15:00 PM
Spada saw no chance in changing the council's minds. He replied,

"Well, all Kel-Dor are born with external sensory organs which allow them to interpret external stimuli and extrasensoral output."

He felt the bulges in his face,

"Thus the appearance. I was trained, like all Kel-Dor, in the Dorin Academy where I was taught to use my abilities, such as enter another being's mind if it is not blocked and to telepathically speak."

he felt he had said enough and wondered why Figrin was asking this.