PDA

View Full Version : Legal gatling gun, yours for less than $1000

Charley
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:40:08 PM
www.gatlingguns.com

:cool

This has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Two Ruger 10/22 Semi-auto long rifles ($250 each) + this $410 kit + optional Hogue 1911 screw-on grips ($50) < $1000

With tax, it might be at or a little over a grand.

And what can you do with this twin-barreled beast? Quite simply, fire 4 shots for every crank of the wheel.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms still classifies it as a semi-automatic firearm.

Know what that means?

This is a cheap, legal, machine gun.

They also have kits for AK-47 and M-1 Garands (.308 cal / 7.62 mm), but those guns are considerably more pricey.

:cool this is now my life's ambition.

PS: check out the awesome videos of the 10/22 and AK-47 models in action.

Figrin D'an
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:07:39 PM
Spiffy.

I suppose if you don't have the means to aquire an actual machine gun, this would be the next best alternative.

Neyasha
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:12:40 PM
I see no reason to even have a gun that fires one shot at a time! Why would anybody nead this! Give me one pratical Legal reason why anybody would need this monster, just so I can be content that the world has finaly lost it's marbles!

Charley
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:13:38 PM
Originally posted by Neyasha
I see no reason to even have a gun that fires one shot at a time! Why would anybody nead this! Give me one pratical Legal reason why anybody would need this monster, just so I can be content that the world has finaly lost it's marbles!

Please give me one practical, legal reason for posting in a star wars forum. Why do you need to post here?

Neyasha
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:17:44 PM
It's a fun and safe way to pass time.... that's my reason for posting here. Why do you need a gun made for anti-infantry?

Charley
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:21:52 PM
It's a fun and safe way to pass time.... that's my reason for posting here. Why do you need a gun made for anti-infantry?

And when you forget to turn the oven off because you're too busy posting, and you burn your house down, I'll share the anecdote of the time when I shot myself.

Do you even know what an anti-infantry gun is?

Ruger 10/22's are for target shooting, small game, and recreation. The only thing done to this is removing the stocks from the guns, mounting them on a tripod, and adding a gearcrank that taps the trigger rapidly. A normal 10/22 that you can buy at Wal-Mart will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger anyways.

Figrin D'an
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:23:16 PM

Because there are some people that enjoy collecting firearms, and in this case, are able to combine that with a bit of engineering and design?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 27th, 2004, 03:32:15 PM
:crack :crack I want one!!!!! :crack :crack

Zasz Grimm
Jan 27th, 2004, 03:57:30 PM
i want the AK gat. $

Charley
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:09:52 PM
The AK variant has stopped production, so supplies are limited. Not sure how many they have left.

You can buy a decent Kalashnikov at any gun store for around $350-$500, depending. My local shop is pretty cheap on their prices.

Still, its a considerable markup to make the jump to the AK.

The M-1 is even moreso, with Garands ranging from $300-$1000 each, depending on if you buy vintage or new issue.

Mu Satach
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:36:11 PM
I see no reason to even have a gun that fires one shot at a time! Why would anybody nead this!

10 - It's that one last thing needed for your local War LARP group.

9 - Now you have something to crank as you go ratta-tat-tat-tat.

8 - Something new to hang in the rear window of your pick-up truck!

7 - Compliments the Road Warrior Look thats so popular these days.

6 - Makes the morning commute all the more enjoyable.

5 - SHhhhhhhhhhhh... be vewy quiet... we're hunting wabbits... hehehehehe.

4 - Keeping up with the Jones's next door.

3 - Makes a handy can opener.

2 - It compliments the Hummer so well.

and finally the number one reason to get this gun...

It's just fun to blow shhhhhhtuff up.

:smokin

Alpha
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:44:53 PM
:lol I wouldn't mind having one of these. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 27th, 2004, 07:40:54 PM
lmao Mu :lol

Sanis Prent
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:17:59 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
10 - It's that one last thing needed for your local War LARP group.

Actually, that would be Airsoft, down the hall and to your right. (though I'd really like Airsoft if I wasn't into real guns)

9 - Now you have something to crank as you go ratta-tat-tat-tat.

Best thing about the setup is cyclic rate is entirely up to you.

8 - Something new to hang in the rear window of your pick-up truck!

Won't fit there. Truck bed, yes. Cab, no.

7 - Compliments the Road Warrior Look thats so popular these days.

Already got a surplus German army helmet, grease camo, and a Ka-bar. Now I want the double shotgun shell bandolier, like Pancho Villa. A few surplus BDU's, and maybe a Ghillie suit. That would be rad.

6. makes the morning commute all the more enjoyable.

More than once during gridlock, I've replayed the "Flight of the Valkyries" scene from Apocalype Now. I wish my headlights fired rockets :(

5 - SHhhhhhhhhhhh... be vewy quiet... we're hunting wabbits... hehehehehe.

There wouldn't be much rabbit left. Sounds like the time I shot a squirrel with 00 buckshot at 10 meters. Apple sauce, bitch.

4 - Keeping up with the Jones's next door.

Being the resident gun nut makes life around you suprisingly peaceful. ;)

3 - Makes a handy can opener.

We routinely shoot soup cans at the farm. Tomato soup has the best effect, IMO.

2 - It compliments the Hummer so well.

If I ever get a real hummer (Not H2, plebeians), this will so happen. I want to go tromping through the wooded trails with a gatling gun mounted up top :D

and finally the number one reason to get this gun...

It's just fun to blow shhhhhhtuff up.

OO-RAH :cool

Sanis Prent
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:18:38 PM

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:29:39 AM
Beautiful, Mu!! :D

Selinica Miriya
Jan 28th, 2004, 03:33:26 PM
OOh...Pretty. :crack

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 28th, 2004, 03:38:01 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
There wouldn't be much rabbit left. Sounds like the time I shot a squirrel with 00 buckshot at 10 meters. Apple sauce, bitch.

:lol That's so incredibly funny! I would love to have been there to see it.

If I ever get a real hummer (Not H2, plebeians), this will so happen. I want to go tromping through the wooded trails with a gatling gun mounted up top :D

That would rock so much. If you ever do that you must invite me. I had the same idea myself.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:30:39 PM
I want to combine this gun with this car (http://gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?image=/fargo/january04/halobuggy/tooclose.jpg) because that would just be awesome.

PS: Hummers are teh rock.

Charley
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:45:08 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I want to combine this gun with this car (http://gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?image=/fargo/january04/halobuggy/tooclose.jpg) because that would just be awesome.

YES

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:01:53 PM
WHOA! That's just awesome! A real life Warthog. How incredibly insane. Alas, video gaming geekdom comes up with once again an incredibly cool idea.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:07:54 PM
I just hope the VW Warthog isn't so prone to flipping. Nothing more infuriating than romping across the countryside on Blood Gulch and flipping a warthog with a driver, gunner, and shotgun guy. Then, you gotta take the time to flip her back over, and everybody climb back in.

Alpha
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:22:11 PM
Ok, that is awsome. :D