PDA

View Full Version : Late night martini (open)

Eluna Thals
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:42:49 AM
It was very late at night, and Yog's B&G was nearly empty. The busy fervor had drifted off to sleep, and the only ones here now were here for more than just a drink.

Eluna sighed, seated at the end of the bar. Her green dress draped her ivory skin in a tasteful manner, accentuating elegance but not appearing lewd. She stirred the olive about in her glass, and listened to the house band, a soothing jazz tune, backed up by a mellow baritone singer. He seemed at home on the stage, leisurely walking about in a formal suit. His blue eyes sparkled back at Eluna's green, and he continued a rich-tuned stanza, smiling at the other patrons who'd decided to waste the evening there.

Maybe one day I'll shake my vagabond blues
Take a midnight walk in your pretty little shoes
And we'll wish on the same neon star
Somewhere, on Coruscant, so near and so far.

Eluna smiled, taking in the song, drink, and atmosphere. It seemed to make her relax, though by now she knew well enough that it didn't. She might be able to stay awake indefinitely, but she was still "human" enough to look forward to dreaming. Anything to take the biting edge off of her ennui was a golden moment.

It all seemed like some cliche moment in a classic holovideo. Right now, through that door, that Mr. Right would walk in through the rain, and tip his hat to her. And he'd do exactly what he needed to do, say exactly what he needed to say, to balance every equation in her head.

Such satisfaction seemed like a distant dream to Eluna.

Shade Magus
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:44:01 PM
Shade walked up to the bar and ordered a cup of mead. It was cold outside and hopefully this would be enough to warm him up. He looked over at a young woman and siled a nodded his head. He when his drink came he tookit and walked over to the young lady.

"Good evening ma'am. My name is Shade Magus. And you are?"

Shade held out his hand and bowed slightly.

Eluna Thals
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:27:07 PM
"Eluna."

She took a sip of her drink, glancing between the band and Shade. She shook his hand, and allowed a smile.

"You missed the rush, I think."

Shade Magus
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:23:41 PM
Shade smiled.

"Maybe so, but I don't reall fancy it."

He motioned to an empty barstool next to her.

"Mind if I join you m'lady?"

Eluna Thals
Jan 30th, 2004, 02:06:44 AM
"I don't see why not."

She gestured to the seat next to her.

"You plan on drinking your way to sunrise? It's nearly 4 AM"

Shade Magus
Jan 30th, 2004, 01:15:31 PM
Shade sat down and shook his head.

"Afraid I won't be doing that now. After a few 'incidents' I have learned not to drink to much in front of the ladies. I don't want to do anything to embarass me, much less themselves. What about you m'lady?"

Shade took a sip of his drink, the warmth of it flowing throughout his body.

Eluna Thals
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:54:23 PM
"I plan on it."

Eluna drained the contents of her martini, and set the glass aside, nibbling on the olive at the tip of her straw. As the weary-eyed bartender passed her, she nodded for another.

"At this hour, its this or sleep. Sleep's boring."

Tossing the straw back in the empty glass, she half-smiled.

"Besides, there's always the company to stick around for."

Not making anything of it, Eluna casually glanced at Shade's hands.

No ring to be found.

Shade Magus
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:50:10 PM
Shade nodded.

"True enough. The company is usually fun, just depends on who it is."

Shade sipped from is drink.

"Why would you sleep is boring? I often find that it is very relaxing."

Eluna Thals
Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:42:15 PM
"I'd rather be doing something else."

Eluna studied Shade's eyes, from behind her own drink.

"So what do you do for a living, Shade?"

Shade Magus
Feb 4th, 2004, 02:18:52 AM
"I am a Jedi at the temple."

Shade sipped his drink.

"What about you?"

Eluna Thals
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:20:59 PM
"I work in public relations."

She spoke offhandedly, hanging onto Shade's words.

"A Jedi, huh? Sounds exciting."

Shade Magus
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:28:42 PM
Shade smiled as he looked at Eluna.

"It has its moments. Sounds like yours could be just as good."

Eluna Thals
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:30:58 PM
"Not really."

Eluna said flatly. Taking another drink, she continued.

"I fly here and there for the occasional meeting, but its mostly desk work. Nothing like being a Jedi Knight. That's the kind of job that has a real romantic flair to it."

Shade Magus
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:07:02 PM
"And why would being a Jedi be romantic? I mean it isn't like we just sit still. We are always running around, visiting other worlds and trying to help people, but I mean I guess if you like the mysterious, fleeting type then yeah Jedi are the way to go."