PDA

View Full Version : On to a new life

Jakan
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:24:44 PM
Although Jakan had insisted that they didn't take the Royal ship, his parents overrided him. Was it such a inconvienince to take a normal, less flashy ship? Evidently it was. The craft set down in the dock and the ramp touched with the ground.

Both his parents, the king and queen of Turquora (and dressed like it as well), stepped forward and walked down the ramp. Jakan followed close behind. He wasn't dressed in his royal uniform, he had wont hat battle against a flashy entrance.

"You're sure about staying here, Jakan?" His mother said to him and looked back at him. "I mean, it's... so... simple."

"I'm sure, Mother." He responded and looked at the plain walls and the plain floor and the plain ceiling. It was truely where he wanted to be.

"Well if you change your mind... you can always get in touch with us. We'll come get you." His father said to him.

Jakan didn't want to outright turn the offer down and prove to be too defiant of his parents. he didn't want to offend them, they were only looking out for him. "If I change my mind I will call then." He said and forced a smile. He inhaled and let out a deep breathe. "Well, I guess I should get going and organize things. Make sure there is a room for me and all." He said.

"Yeah, you do that then." his mother replied. Neither of them wanted to say good-bye.

Jakan Forced himself to it; something just needed to be done. He gave his mother a hug and nodded to his father. "I'll keep in touch." He said and picked up his lone bag and began to walk. His first goal was to find a Jedi and set up his training.

He looked back at his parents who had boarded the ship; which was preparing for take off. He waved them a last good-bye and continued walking. Hopefully a Jedi would soon find him and instruct him as to what to do.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:25:02 AM
The arrival and departure of a ship so close to the Order grounds hadn't gone unnoticed. A tall man in robes was approaching Jakan now, smiling slightly having heard a little of the conversation he'd shared with those who had just left. "Greetings," he said, bowing his head, "I am Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic. Welcome to Coruscant. Can I help you with something?"

Jakan
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:23:43 PM
Jakan bowed his head in response. He had met Jedi Knights before, but each time he always found himself at a loss of words. "Well, um..." He paused and organized what he wanted to say. "I want to learn more about the teachings of the Jedi." He said an exhaled. "And I'm not completely sure where to start."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:15:15 AM
"This is probably the best place," he replied, with a slight laugh.

"Before you can begin however, there are a few questions I must ask of you. The first is this - why do you wish to learn about the ways of the Jedi? What motivates you?"

Jakan
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:44:19 PM
"Truth." He said before he could think about it. "I want to know the truth, I think it is inherent in every intelligent being to know it." He paused and smiled. "If I'm right, I don't think I can help what motivates me."

"From the very little information I know about the Jedi, I think they are the closest to knowing the truth out of all known beings."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:30:31 AM
Dasquian nodded slightly, "Yes, we encourage our members to be wordly in our knowledge. It is even part of the Jedi code, that there is no ignorance amongst us. The life of a Jedi, however, is far from a safe one. The path is long and hard and pitted with dangers. Could you live a life like that?"

Jakan
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:18:51 PM
"I am willing to live such a life." Jakan responded "Though I do not wish to die, I will give my life so another may live, if the Force deems it to be necessary." Jakan paused and pondered if that were really true. Would he give his life for another? Death was a scary thing. Perhaps when he had learned to be at peace with himself he could face death.

"I am prepared to face the danger necessary. No great thing comes without a price."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:51:47 PM
"Then I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You will be contacted when your training is to begin. Until that time, you are free to explore the grounds and take up residence within the living quarters."

Jakan
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:20:47 PM
"Thank you." Jakan smiled and bowed as best he could. He picked up his sole bag and headed to where he expected the living quarters were.