PDA

View Full Version : The mommy quest...ended? (Akrabbim, Dae, closed)

Kwiet Ideya
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:49:48 PM
Kwiet Ideya goes screaming through the GJO's dormitories, arms out to his sides, and sputtering like a starfighter engine. He's very excited, as the Ninja Daddy has just told him some very good news. The Ninja Daddy knows where the Mommy is! He said she was somewhere in here, so Kwiet has put on his game face and is ready to search all day and all night for her. The boy's never been so happy in his life, ever! Akrabbim is helping him find Dae Jinn.

Dae Jinn
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:41:06 PM
Her shoulders slumped slightly as she leaned against the outer wall of the Jedi dorm, a bottle of juice in one hand, an order of "works" fries in the other. Balancing her food on her knee, she got herself comfortable before stretching out, watching the Jedi go about their daily business and enjoying the sunshine.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:04:14 PM
He can barely keep up with the rambunctious youngster as he goes flying through the halls. Though, Akrabbim can definately understand why he is so eager. He has spoken of nothing but his "mommy" the whole time they had been training together.

Akrabbim has found out that his "mommy" is named Dae Jinn, and that she is somewhere here at the GJO. Now, all he has to is help him find the woman.

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:47:16 PM
"VVVVVMMMMM!!!"

Kwiet speeds around a corner and bursts outside into the garden, where it seems quite a number of people are going about their business. He makes another sharp turn and trips over a pair of outstretched legs, skidding on his tummy and shutting his eyes to keep dirt out of them.

Dae Jinn
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:45:23 PM
"Gah!"

Down goes Kwiet, skidding across the ground, sending up a small cloud of dust, up goes Dae's fries, before landing in the dirt as well. A scowl crosses her face briefly before she notices just who it was who tripped over her. Soon she's bent over the boy, one hand resting gently on his shoulder.

"Hey, squirt, are you alright?"

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:14:20 PM
Akrabbim picks up his pace as the youngster rounds yet another bend at breakneck speed. He jogs around the corner into the garden. At least out here, Akrabbim doesn't have to worry about him breaking anything. He watches as he goes flying around another corner, only to trip hard just as he does.

Seeing that Kwiet may be hurt, Akrabbim rushes after him to make sure he's ok. As soon as he can tell that no real harm was done, Akrabbim turns to apologize to the woman he tripped over.

I'm very sorry about that ma'am... he's looking for his 'mommy', as he calls her, and...

Suddenly, Akrabbim realizes who he's speaking to. He looks closely at her face, comparing it to the mental image he took from Kwiet. There's no doubt about it... this is the woman. He takes a bow.

Ms. Dae Jinn, I presume?

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:08:44 PM
Kwiet doesn't say anything. His eyes are wide, and his mouth is slightly agape at the concerned face he sees. His lower lip quivers, followed by a slight sniffle as his eyes well up with tears.

"MOMMY!"

He buries his face against Dae, hugging her tight and crying freely.

"I found you! I found you! I thought I had losted you forever, but I found you!"

Dae Jinn
Feb 18th, 2004, 08:28:12 PM
Instinctively, her arms wrap around the boy, one hand stroking his hair as she wiped away a few of his tears with the other.

"I'm sorry, " is all she can think to say as she holds Kwiet just as tightly as he holds her.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:18:19 PM
Akrabbim steps back a bit and lets the boy hold onto his 'Mommy'. He does not want to interrupt their reunion. After several minutes, he speaks up.

So, are you truly this child's mother? Since I met him, he has spoken of nothing except finding you.

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:57:10 PM
Kwiet doesn't say anything else. He quiets down a little though, crying quietly on Dae's shoulder and hugging her a bit tighter.

Dae Jinn
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:51:11 AM
"No, I'm not his real mother...but I used to take care of him, he's an orphan." Dae said quietly, not looking back at Akrabbim. "I thought he was still with..some friends of ours who were now looking after him."

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:20:06 PM
Akrabbim nods quietly.

Who was it that he was supposed to be with? And what happened to his parents?

Dae Jinn
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:49:18 PM
"Friends...and my fiancee." Her brow furrowed slightly, as she wondered why Jeran and the other Lost Jedi wouldn't have kept an eye on Kwiet.

"As for his parents, I don't know what happened to them. You'd have to ask Kwiet."

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:02:55 AM
He answers with a small nod and lowers himself to one knee, to bring himself on par with Kwiet. He reaches out gently and puts his hand on the youngster's shoulder.

Kwiet? I have a question... how long has this nice lady been your mommy? And where were you before you met me?

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:43:40 AM
Kwiet sniffles, turning his face so he can see Akrabbim out of one eye. Since when? He remembers the night he saw Dae quite clearly. Abel had taken the youth out, which happens once a month. He's missed it three times since then...

"Since four months ago," he says. "Before I met you I stayed at a restaurant."

Dae Jinn
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:07:10 PM
Dae simply listens to the boy speak -- it had been months since she herself had been to Dexters, right after the incident with Sorsha and the tree.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:20:12 AM
He nods and smiles at the boy.

That's good Kwiet. Now... why did you decide to leave the restaurant?

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:59:04 PM
"Because all the mommies and daddies and the smelly grampa were busy all the time, and I missed my mommy. One day the big cooking daddy told me to go play and I decided to go find my mommy."

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 29th, 2004, 10:18:24 PM
Akrabbim smiles once more.

Very well, Kwiet. I understand. I know what it's like to miss your mommy.

He stands, and speaks to Dae.

Well, he seems to have found you... should we not notify his other "family", to let them know he's ok? I assume they are a bit worried.

Dae Jinn
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:33:45 PM
"I'll be sure to do that." She says quickly -- not wanting to give away any secrets of exactly "who" Kwiets' other family might be. She patted Kwiet gently on the head as she rose to her feet, a bright smile on her face. "So, what else have you been up to squirt?"

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:13:51 PM
Kwiet's arm immediately shoots towards Akrabbim, pointing at him as if he were hiding.

"He's teaching me to be a illusioner!"

The boy carefully omits all the trouble he's caused since he left the Diner. He'll get in trouble if she finds out how he's been making a fuss at the Bar and Grill on and off...

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 4th, 2004, 09:28:33 PM
Akrabbim smiles once more.

Indeed I have. He's quite good, actually. He may have some potential in that field, if he's willing to stick with the training...

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:01:10 AM
Kwiet grins proudly.

"I'ma be the bestest ever! See, watch!"

He thinks back on that little bouncing ball, the scuffy red one, watching it materialize and bounce on the ground at his feet.

"See? I can make a ball. I can do lots more, once I practice!"

Abel would positively keel over and die if he heard Kwiet mention practice. The mischievous boy, quiet though he was under Abel's care, still went out of his way to avoid study. But now, with a mommy, he's willing to learn just about anything. He wants to make her so proud.

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2004, 03:33:27 PM
Dae laughs, watching the boy concentrate and create a ball using the Force. She pulls Kwiet back for another quick hug and grins.

"That's really great, Kwiet. I can't wait to see what else you learn here at the GJO."

Maybe it was time for her to actually move onto the Jedi grounds, she thought to herself. So that Kwiet could continue his training, and she could possibly start some of her own.

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 7th, 2004, 12:36:59 AM
You see? He's doing quite well.

Since you seem to be the boy's guardian, do you agree to allowing me to train him?

Dae Jinn
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:26:15 PM
"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:41:39 PM
Kwiet hugs Dae tighter, if its even possible.

"I love you, mommy!"

The ball dissipates as Kwiet's focus changes; it's something he'll have to work on later, not that it's a priority for him now. He's got a mommy that can tuck him into bed, and feed him, and read to him. He can learn to do things for her and make her proud of him. He's already thinking of what he wants to do to impress her.

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:33:10 PM
I'm just asking your permission, as you are his guardian. Standard procedure for new recruits.

So... what needs to be taken care of first?

Dae Jinn
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:39:42 AM
"Er, I suppose finding a bigger place would be good." She laughed. "I don't think a hotel room off grounds would be a good place to stay, at least not now. I'm not really sure."

Dae is a bit taken aback by all this -- after all, most people don't suddenly have the responsibilty of a child just fall into their lap.

Kwiet Ideya
Mar 17th, 2004, 06:42:29 PM
"We can live here with him!" Kwiet proclaims, pointing again at Akrabbim. "Isn't that right, Misser...um..."

Kwiet lets go of Dae and bounces on his feet, biting his lip as he tries to think of what he should call Akrabbim. He can't be a daddy, because now he has a mommy, and his mommy would have to marry him for him to be a daddy again.

"Misser Ninja!"

imported_Akrabbim
Apr 11th, 2004, 11:45:44 PM
Akrabbim can't help laughing at the name the child gives him. He smiles at Kwiet.

Misser Ninja is an excellent name.

He turns back to Dae Jinn.

As for living arrangements, I'm sure you two can get a room here at the Academy. Since Kwiet has been accepted as a student here, he will get to live here. As well, since you are his guardian, I'm sure we can arrange for you to live here as well. Will that be acceptable?