PDA

View Full Version : Good morning.

Charley
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:48:38 AM
Or as good a morning as you can expect. Either way, I'm up with the chickens, working on my business strategy simulation, and studying for an investments quiz. I'm Mr. Popular today.

I'd like to apologize to nobody in particular, for putting more than one of you through an emotional grinder over the past few days. I'm no fan of forum drrrramabombs, and while I've had to consider a lot of personal decisions about my time spent here, its sure seemed to step on too many toes for my taste.

For those who've been wringing their hands, no, I'm not leaving. At least not yet. It may not be the best or smartest decision on my part, but its the decision I ultimately want to make. It may prove wrong in the future, but its a gamble I'm willing to take.

To Morg, S'Il, Akrabbim, and others: I feel like hell for causing you angst. Its undeserved and unneeded. I appreciate you for being my friends, but as a friend, I can't watch you guys get reamed for my own personal circumstances.

To the Staff: Thank you for your professionalism and tact in this matter. While I disagree with individual interpretations and continue to do so, you have upheld the letter of the rules here with ironclad dedication. So long as you don't compromise this, you're doing an excellent job, and I'll support you 110% on that. My consideration for leaving the forums had absolutely nothing to do with any personal grievance towards any of you, and I want to assure you of this.

To anyone who's been in the dark, wondering why I have two stars instead of four: I have been relieved of my RP moderation duties, due to continued infractions against the forum rules. I believe its important for you to know this, and to further know that nobody here, even the staff, is beyond reproach of the rules here. This is highly significant, because I've seen so many forums destroyed over "Us vs Them" grievances between moderation staff and general posters. One of the strengths of this place is that such elitism here won't be tolerated.

I didn't have to share this with you. I could've simply left it unsaid, and ripe for a rumor breeding ground, but I wanted to be lucid with you in this matter. Nothing will make me angrier than for false impressions to arise from my dismissal from the staff. They work very hard on your behalf, and do an extremely good job, outcome be damned.

Anyways, I've got a busy day ahead of me, and I just wanted to take some time early today and take a load off. Thanks for wasting your time, in turn. I'll see you around.

Garen Selore
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:44:14 PM
Question: Will you still be doing the RP's that you started? Like the one with You, me and Marga in my "going home" thread? Because If you want I could find a diffrent Jedi to go with me in that thread. That is if you are not feeling up you doing your RP threads.

Charley
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:07:56 PM
It'll probably be a good idea to find someone else. I have a lot on my plate right now.

Garen Selore
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:16:05 PM
Okay. May I ask you to do one or two more posts in order to get you out of the thread, such as you finding out that you had other things to do, and you only showed up at the departure site to let me know that you had arranged for somebody else to go in your stead. Would that be alright?

Charley
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:54:41 PM
I guess so.