PDA

View Full Version : Online game fun..maybe

Tear
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:13:07 PM
So i was thinking..then after the tylenol i had an idea:p

Im pretty sure i saw a thread like this before were someone got everyone together to play some games online with people from the boards. So i was wondering what games do you guys have and if you think itd be fun idea

I think itd be kewl to go up against each other on Jedi Academy or something.

Figrin D'an
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:53:05 PM
We had a WarCraft III group a while back, and a few of us played Battlefield 1942.

You'll just have to ask around to see what people are willing to play.

Vhiran Crescent
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:49:34 PM
Willing to play:
WarCraft 3
Jedi Knight 2
Jedi Academy
Generals
Yuri's Revenge
RA2
Rainbow Six3
Call of Duty

Perferably weekends

Tear
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:07:46 PM
Kewl how about we try to set up some Jedi Academy for this weekend.

Anyone who wants to attend post here with the times you would prefer and ill try to organise it.

Charley
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:18:20 AM
I'll play some C&C generals when my computer is fully upgraded.

Galactic Battlegrounds is also a fun one.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:29:06 AM
I do stuff like this all the time. Name the game, and if I have a playable online version I'll join in.

One of my recent addictions has been Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/wolfensteinet/) It's free, online, multiplayer, and fun. I suggest people download it.

Garrett Blade
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:34:24 AM
C&C Generals
Galactic Battlegrounds
Warcraft 3
Starcraft
Unreal Tournament 2003
Voyager Elite Force
Star Trek Armada 1 & 2
Soldier of Fortune
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault
Jedi Academy/Jedi Outcast
Homeworld 1 & 2
C&C Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge
Aliens vs Predator 2

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:30:29 PM
C&C Red Alert 1 + Aftermath Expansion
C&C Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge Expansion
C&C Renegade
C&C Tiberian Sun + Firestorm Expansion
Galactic Battlegrounds + Clone Campaigns Expansion
BF 1942 + Road to Rome Expansion (Getting DC mod)
Force Commander
ST Armada 2
ST New Worlds
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy (Got it yesterday)
X-WING
X-WING Alliance
X-WING vs TIE Fighter + Balance of Power Expansion
TIE Fighter

There's probably more

Vhiran Crescent
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:06:56 PM
Dont care about times this weekend.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:09:29 PM
JK2 is the only one listed that I have.

I'd be in for playing, but I have to wait for my graphics card to arrive before that can happen.

Tear
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:19:44 PM
Alrighty we can probably make this into a semi regular thing like a SWfans game day or something:p So we can go through a bunch of games

but since everyone..or most people hear save 1 or 2 do have Jedi Academy lets set that up for this weekend. Timing is gonna be the trick here since everyone lives in a different time zone..

Day: Saterday, January 31st. (Be installed and patched by friday.

Time: ..Anyone whos attending state what time zone and times your good for, so i can roll the best average for the majority and try to take in the minority as well.

As for a server..ill try to scope out a public one thats not used very much unless anyone can host.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:22:06 PM
Saturday is the 31st, btw. Not the 26th ;)

Tear
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:23:31 PM
what? you guys dont have time machines? bah..

*Looks the other way while correcting his mistake* so...nice weather..

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:25:35 PM
Hope you manage to find a host/server on the day :) I think it would be cool to do this as a regular thing, if only for an hour per week.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:46:17 PM
I'm EST so anytime in EST.

Zasz Grimm
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:30:39 AM
Only games I got are Starcraft, and SC: BW, I got Warcraft 3, and the expansion pack, thats really about it.

I'm a stickler for playing huge RPG's on WC3. But controlling bases / many unites at once is cool too.

Brian: I'll look into wolfenstein later today.

Ace McCloud
Jan 27th, 2004, 08:25:00 PM
I'm in Central time. It's 8:24 right now. And I can host, I have a cable.

Zasz, I could play a Warcraft RPG with you saturday maybe.

Garrett Blade
Jan 28th, 2004, 07:14:47 PM
Don't suppose there's three people who have the multiplayer patch for System Shock 2? If so, gimme a shout and we can arrange a co-op game sometime. I'm addicted to this game!

Whaddya say Charley? Fancy braving the nightmare of the Von Braun with me sometime? (I say you because I know you like the game:p)

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 29th, 2004, 07:32:59 AM
Well I got Academy and I'm all set up. And I challege all of you to a duel.

Charley
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:56:29 AM
Originally posted by Garrett Blade
Don't suppose there's three people who have the multiplayer patch for System Shock 2? If so, gimme a shout and we can arrange a co-op game sometime. I'm addicted to this game!

Whaddya say Charley? Fancy braving the nightmare of the Von Braun with me sometime? (I say you because I know you like the game:p)

I'd follow you into hell before I'd follow you into the Von Braun.

That said, I'm all for it :cool

Tear
Jan 29th, 2004, 04:55:11 PM
Alllrighty I think on Saterday this will begin to kick off at around 2-3pm Pacific Time

Now for your ease ive found out the averages..or close to

Central itll be 4-5pm.

Eastern 6-7pm.

And I think..in Europe itll be around 11-12pm so midnightish..Sorry about that europe peoples.. hard figurin schedules on such a broad time span.

Anyyway you guys are more then welcome to begin things early if you want. Darrian, Ace whichever one of you wants to host is great..I think all we need is your...cant remember what its called..the address..bah most of you probably know what im talking about. Anyway i think we need that to join up with ya. (Ive never hosted before so im sorta clueless)

So yeah ill see you all in game...at my feet..beggin for mercy :rolleyes

This Saterday, 2:00pm Pacific time.

Remember to be ready and patched by friday so you dont have to rush around Saterday. Oh and if we could get the host addresses by friday too would be good. Or the name of the game and password. I think thats what we need..

Ace McCloud
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:39:06 PM
Charley I could play some Galactic battle grounds with you sunday, possibly. I haven't played that in ages :)

I have clone wars too.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:41:51 PM
I'll host. I just need to know what you want the server name and password to be aswell as the type of game. You got FFA/TeamFFA, Duel/PowerDuel, Siege, CTF. Also if you want bots and their skill level. That should be about it.

Ace McCloud
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:42:32 PM
Originally posted by Tear
Alllrighty I think on Saterday this will begin to kick off at around Darrian, Ace whichever one of you wants to host is great..I think all we need is your...cant remember what its called..the address..bah most of you probably know what im talking about.

IP Address. Should we do it Direct connect, through the game multiplayer, or through the zone? They all have their faults. Sometimes you can't join through direct connect, the game host thingy you sometimes cant find the game and the zone just sucks(So does gamespy).

Tear
Jan 29th, 2004, 07:35:36 PM
I think just through the game Multiplayer option will be good.

thats what i was thinking I.P Address. I think we need that but im not sure.

Make the Name: Swfangame all one word only capitol will be the S.
Password will be: yodawashere all one word, no capitols.

And make it anything you want, I think if we want to we can vote to change game types and maps so it doesnt really matter...and i dont think we will need bots since theres gonna be a few of us attending if everyone does.

Alpha
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:56:18 PM
I only got a few:

Warcraft III
Starcraft
Continuum (free one you can DL off the net, kinda fun)
Unreal tournament (GOTYE)
And Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast

Ace McCloud
Jan 29th, 2004, 11:45:31 PM
make the pass "fun", its much easier. A tradition of mine =)

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:40:48 AM
I'll set it up.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:46:06 AM
Password has to be 8 letters or less. So I'm making it alderaan.

I'll have the server up today for an hour or so to test. If anyone cares to join me your welcome.

Ace McCloud
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:11:24 PM
Sollak and I are going out for a game right now if anyone wants to join in. Same details as above cept no pass.

Ace McCloud
Jan 30th, 2004, 11:46:05 PM
Ok well for tomorrows game... You might have a little trouble finding it. We checked it out tonight and there are about 500 servers in there, its really tough to find the game you're looking for.

I think that either me or sollak may be hosting, I'm not sure, but what you should do is click on "Find Player" at the bottom right hand corner in the multiplayer server screen and enter either Ace McCloud or Darriann Sollak and hit search. Hopefuly it will find the game and you can join that way.

Anyhow, just for the hell of it, I have downloaded a few skins. You might want to download them, might not. The links are as follows:

http://jk3files.com/file.info?ID=20803

Ok, so thats only one. I would ask you to download some maps, but that could become a problem. Anyhow, you place those skins in your gamedata folder. I think thats it, hope to see you all tomorrow. If I'm hosting the server will be up at 4pm central.

Tear
Jan 31st, 2004, 02:33:52 PM
Yeah maps are a bit much for a first run, after today and if most of us get there we can branch off into more elaberate stuff but for today im hoping people just manage to get to the server without any trouble.

Im assuming if Ace is hosting the game name and pass will be the same

Game: Swfans
Pass: Alderaan

That being said..If you find yourself in a battle with me then suddenly alone with your saber down at your spawn point..do not be troubled, for you are in Jedi heaven :p and already dead. (yes its fun to steal from the classics)

oh and if you can just before you create the game post here so we know whos name to run a search on and when the servers up. See you guys in around two hours. :)

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 31st, 2004, 03:20:02 PM
Darriann Sollak. See you in game.

Ace McCloud
Jan 31st, 2004, 03:25:16 PM
Alright, I'm going to go set up the game now. Here are the details:

Game name: Swfans
Pass: Alderaan
Name to search for: Ace McCloud
Type: FFA

Be sure to refine your search at the top for Show Empy Games: No Show Full Games: No Type: FFA then search for my name. If the search doesnt come up with anything, refresh and look manually. See you there everyone.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 31st, 2004, 03:59:07 PM
I'm still playing the original Diablo... legit.

Ace McCloud
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:13:30 PM
game is up...been up...waiting...just waiting...

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:21:09 PM
I can't find it. What's your IP

Tear
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:22:28 PM
I cant find it either..If we had your IP i could stick it into the favorites folder and get it that way..other then that ive tried running your name with no luck. refresh, new list etc still nothing. Maybe Darriann should host it seemed to work with him last time?

Tear
Jan 31st, 2004, 07:21:48 PM
Well that was fun..too bad more didnt show up although Ace, Darriann and I had a good little rubble with a few laughs.

Highlights...

Darriann standing on an edge with a sniper rifle trying to shoot me ( I kept blocking) then i force pulled him off and he smacked into the ground and died. He only had one life but it was hilarious. Zap..ding...pull. Aaahh splat.

He got revenge though in one moment when i just keeled Ace and took out my pistol to vaporize the body when suddenly..my body vaporized from his sniper shot.

Me and Ace kept getting into good little one on one battles..while Darriann ran around shooting at us from afar.

Overall was a pretty fun time. Lookin forward to future session were hopefully we can get more people to participate

Travis North
Jan 31st, 2004, 07:26:10 PM
The best kill for me was probably setting up the remotes. I saw Ace after me, ran and then I hit the detonator. Ace went flying.

Travis North
Jan 31st, 2004, 07:27:32 PM
Damn forgot to change back to Darriann, meh.

Ace McCloud
Jan 31st, 2004, 08:59:51 PM
Originally posted by Travis North
The best kill for me was probably setting up the remotes. I saw Ace after me, ran and then I hit the detonator. Ace went flying.

Yea that was annoying. I think next time Ill just keep it on Saber only or download Jedimod. But yea it was fun. I dont remember the game to remember any highlights...hm...o well.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 31st, 2004, 09:53:07 PM
I'm buying Battlefield 1942 tomorrow. So anybody who plays it and wants to game PM me.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 1st, 2004, 03:33:03 PM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
Yea that was annoying. I think next time Ill just keep it on Saber only or download Jedimod. But yea it was fun. I dont remember the game to remember any highlights...hm...o well.

:lol do I detect a little bitterness, there?

I remember playing JK2 against friends and one of them being frustrated when he couldn't do the backwards one-hit-kill stab thing.

Glad you guys had fun.

Ace McCloud
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:29:18 PM
You're welcome to join in anytime! We're looking for more members to play with us. Three people gets a little boring heh.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:38:01 PM
Getting owned by two people..... *Trails off*

Tear
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:42:16 PM
lol..

yeah more people would be fun cause then we could do team battles or capture the flag and stuff like that.

Travis North
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:23:04 PM
Wanna play this weekend?

Tear
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:24:23 PM
Sure we can get something set for this weekend. Last weekend i was playing JKA did a personal best with 252 kills in ffa. Single Saber too. *flex*

imported_Darriann Sollak
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:07:14 PM
Are we going ahead with the weekends match and Ace are you hosting?

Tear
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:43:42 PM
mm i doubt anythings gonna happen today, sorry. I was busy all week so i couldnt arrange it :(

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:41:12 PM
I'm up for playing the Unreal Tournament 2k4 demo if anybody else has it.

Tear
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:42:45 PM
If i had a new computer id be there in flash:(

JediBoricua
Feb 24th, 2004, 11:42:26 AM
Well I got the game this past weekend (along with a new PC!), but unfortunately my house is currently uninhabitable, we are remodeling.

IN a month or so I'll be back home with a cable connection, ready for you guys to kick my DAISES.

imported_Firebird1
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:35:41 PM
I have also upgraded my connection. And I have UT2004 demo...

But I work like a nutcase on the weekend...

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2004, 06:38:31 AM
I feel like some online JK2. Anyone?

Charley
Mar 5th, 2004, 11:51:13 AM
I have that game!

But I don't have free time :(

Tear
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:24:00 PM
I can join ya right now for a few if you want Dasq :)