PDA

View Full Version : Notice to the Staff re: Charley

TheHolo.Net
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:08:10 PM
Since there is already fallout going around I should go ahead and post this on Eve's behalf:
Eve wrote Today
This is a Notice to let you know that Charley (and all his associated accounts) has lost his modship.

Unfortunately, we received too many complaints about Charley's attitude and insults in posts (the most recent two days ago) and had to ultimately take action. Those who have complained have privately PMed the admins at different times, and all wish to be kept confidential.

Many of you know that we had, in the past, on several occassions, spoken with Charley about his attitiude (which seems to have become more rude since his discovery of the SA forums) in here. Back then he didn't agree with the whole of us that his attitude was sour, and still doesn't. Verbal (posted) warnings have not been heeded. And just like with any other member of our community, if you break the rules so many times you will lose priveledges.

We wish to keep this matter relatively quiet for several reasons. That being said, please do not discuss this situation with the general membership. It is up to Charley if he wishes to discuss this situation with others.
Charley is retaining his access to the group mod forum at this time based on his being a mod of the Imp, KA, and TSO forums.

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:09:25 PM
:\

TheHolo.Net
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:12:01 PM
This was not Eve's decision. This was a decision agreed upon by all of the administrators.

I PM'd him regarding his access to the group mod forum after I saw his post there, but have received no response as of yet.

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:14:44 PM
How's he took it? Aside from disagreeing.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:20:32 PM
He was respectful of the decision and the admins who made the decision, but yes he did disagree in regards to having done something wrong.

Shawn
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:25:09 PM
I don't think it's something that any of us liked doing. However, receiving complaints regarding the same moderator every other month had become unacceptable. I agree that most of his posts were done in a joking manner, but they were not taken that way by the majority of the posters. We can't say "Hey, behave and don't insult other posters" when we have a moderator doing just that.

CMJ
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:43:34 PM
I know myself and Kyle both recieved complaints about Charley for some time. We didn't approach the mods hoping to get his status taken away, but something needed to be done.

imported_Eve
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:01:22 PM
Sorry, Ogre - I just got back, but you notified everyone anyway.

So, is he leaving? Some threads he wrote today kind of imply as much. Has he talked with anyone about it?

EDIT: Well he's talking to me like normal. Isn't mentioning anything, but he seems alright.

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:38:29 PM
He isn't leaving, because he isn't giving up Sanis, Anbira and the like. He also said Roddy 2 stays with Sanis.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:38:28 PM
:/

I understand the decision, and I'm not surprised in the end, although it sucks.

Are we getting a new RPing moderator then? Taylor isn't online much at all these days, so I certainly think that Charley should be replaced.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:09:36 PM
I want to wait a bit before we replace Charley so as not to draw any excessive attention to the situation and to avoid painting him into a corner.

Dasq and Fett can help handle any emergencies as they both frequent the RPing forums.

JMK
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:53:25 PM
I know myself and Kyle both recieved complaints about Charley for some time. We didn't approach the mods hoping to get his status taken away, but something needed to be done.
I pretty much feel the same way. I couldn't just tell the folks who came to me to screw off and grow up. The situation stinks, but something had to go down. :x

TheHolo.Net
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:27:20 AM
Charley has announced the situation to the RP community in a most tactful and respectful manner.

Linkage (/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34057)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:52:55 PM
I wasn't meaning to try and rush things, just curious as to his eventual replacement, or not. :o

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2004, 11:50:16 AM
This is unfornate. I haven't been around because of some problems I have been having so I didn't know this was going on.