PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new thread (demoted)

Charley
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:24:50 PM
To everyone who has just recently arrived at Swfans.net, let me welcome you in advance. Hello, and welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Now that pleasantries are out of the way, if you still have a burning desire to post "HAY I'M NEW, WUT GOES ON HERE", please do so here. We will be more than happy to accomodate your indoctrination and assimilation into the forums in this nice, neat little package. If you have any questions, ask them here, and they will be answered expediently. While you're waiting for your question to be answered, please read the this thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=22>FAQ</a>.). It is a mentoring program we've set up for new folks such as yourself, and if you'd like to participate, you are more than welcome.

Do not post any "Hay I'm new" threads anymore.

Furthermore, if you are in fact not "New", you are doubly advised not to post as such. While you are no doubt convinced of your clever new screen name or secret character, I am an omniscient and wrathful being. You will not blow smoke up my kilt. I know who you are, where you live, and what you eat for breakfast, and I will most assuredly send a mexican mafia hit squad to erase your entire family if you try to be so witty. If you are addicted to newbie attention and sympathy, inform me via PM, and I will write you some uplifting haikus so that you can feel special.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:12:31 AM
I am not in fact new, but I am newly returned from a long abcense.

I'll likely dissapear in a few days too.

But what can I say? I like attention.

So...

HAY I M TEH NEW

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:14:05 PM
Hey, what's up, and all that.
I'm new, and pretty much clueless on how things go around here.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:14:07 AM
Dang, and I thought my first name was hard to say...

Heh, welcome to the madhouse, E-train.

Zeke
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:17:58 AM
I see our LOTR groupie count is rising.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:18:08 AM
Zeke that is totally uncalled for. Elves were around before LotR and they'll be around after. Why don't you just meander out of this thread and keep snide comments to yourself.

To Eowiodith, welcome to the boards. :)

Rognan Dar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:43:44 PM
She is a friend from Cal so you all leave her alone. :)

ReaperFett
Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:43:00 AM
Hi new person Rog knows :wave

Don't listen to Zeke, he can hardly speak of groupies with his anime sig ;)

Tear
Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:37:03 PM
mmm groupies.. *looks up* Er..Welcome to the boards!

Mitch
Feb 5th, 2004, 05:18:55 AM
I'm not new, but this account is!

Sweeeet, I have a personal account now. No more spam from my character accounts, now. Well, yeah, there will be. Mainly because I'm too lazy to switch accounts all the time.

But still, my intentions are good, and that should count for ice cream.

Mordecai Lória
Feb 5th, 2004, 03:44:45 PM
I'm wondering now if Tear eats groupies for lunch.....o_O

Oh, btw, I'm not new. This is just another one of my accounts.

Mitch, did you know laziness is a sin?

Welcome to the n00bz, anyways.

Mitch
Feb 5th, 2004, 04:35:38 PM
Did you know that Spumoni is an ice cream? Well, it is.

Azhure Darkstone
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:25:57 PM
welcome dude.
I wonder if anyone's tried a half wookie/half elf? it'd be interesting all the same.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:13:37 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Zeke that is totally uncalled for. Elves were around before LotR and they'll be around after.
Elves were around before LotR? News to me.

Alf
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:49:18 PM
not new, but i want to show off my new charc

Maximus
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:47:17 PM
Hey im new but I already have someone to help me with most of the stuff I need to know but I am new so here I am.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:33:14 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
Elves were around before LotR? News to me.
The elf and the faerie have figured in English mythologies for quite a long time.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:41:03 PM
Amazing how little we know sometimes.

Ignorance is bliss, some would say. I'd say it's occasionally synomonous with stupidity.

Mitch, yes I know Spumoni is an ice cream. It just so happens to be one of my favorites.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:28:14 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
The elf and the faerie have figured in English mythologies for quite a long time.
Those mythologies described the elves as short, green, mischievous creatures who dwelled in the forest.

Those aren't the elves we know today. Tolkien redefined the race completely, so I think it's safe to say LotR is responsible for the trend.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:50:25 PM
I don't think it was LoTR, I think it was all the cute elves!:) No really, if Legolas wasn't played by Bloom, I think half of the female fans wouldn't be fans.

Rognan Dar
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:52:44 PM
That is for sure. But it wouldn't matter. They would just be fans of him in a different movie. Anyway...

March Kalas
Mar 8th, 2004, 01:56:47 PM
Hey I thought this place was for new people. So anyway, I'm new. Hey guys.

I have some questions (don't respond with "read the faq", 'cause I already have)

1) while looking at the GJO sight, I noticed a list of a bunch of groups (such as, United Space Pirates) but the links didn't work and I haven't seen them anywhere else. Do groups like these exist elseware, are they not really up right now, or do they just not exist.

2) If you create a freelance character like a mercenary, bountyhunter, or assassin, can you pretty much roleplay in any group?

3) in the above situation, how should you apply for a job or look for a bounty or something? How can you find a temporary employer?

4) upon reading about infiltration, a question appeared to me. Could you actually roleplay a spy and spy on a group using this spy character as long as the people playing the characters being spied on know that you're a spie and you give them an opportunity to catch you or find out you're a spie?

5)do you get to make up whatever ship you want for your charcter as long as he is freelance and the ship isn't too big?

thanks.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:42:05 PM
I could be wrong, but this is the answer from the way I've been Rping..

1) I'm sure they are out there, but the only ones I have anything to do with are, The Jedi Order, The Sith Order, The Empire(in it's many forms), The New Republic, and....and.... That's about it.

2) As long a you have a reason to RP there, and the people of the group know you are there, then it's okay.

3) People tend to post threads that have on the end on the titles, things like (Open), (Closed), (Open/*name of person*). The some times post threads that are like (Open/Bounty Hunter), and those are normaly people looking for a person to do a job for them.

4) As long as people know OOC that you are a spy, and have approved your being there, then it is no problem.

5) As long as you use common sence, and not make something all powerful, then it's not a problem. I've done this with one of my characters.

March Kalas
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:46:22 PM
thanks. sorry, but I have another question

do I have to register once for each different character?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:49:48 PM
Yes. RPing three characters under one name is too confusing for everyone involved. That being said, starting off with multiple characters is frowned upon, although not against the rules. :)

Bounty hunters are also sometimes asked for in OOC threads.

Iziz
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:35:15 PM
HAY GUYZ IM NEW

I've always wanted to say that. Believe it or not, I really am new. OMGWTF. I've made a few posts over at GJO, but other than that, I'm fresh meat. I originally hail from The Rebel Faction, hence the sarcasm, and get a kick out of serious RP. I'm a Lord of the Rings/Star Wars junkie. And an all around good guy. I'm also a Jawa groupie. UTINI!!

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:48:03 PM
sweet, TRF. welcome dude

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:17:15 AM
:wave Hey Zark.

Iziz
Mar 31st, 2004, 01:35:47 PM
Hey Vegs. You and me still gotta talk about that thread at TRF over AIM.

Transil Gantar
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:08:13 PM
Ok, well, I'm not really new. Some of you may remember me as Radon Mont or know me on other boards as Kamon Vondiranach. I thought I'd make my return to SWFans with this character which I happen to like roleplaying. So.. yeah.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:09:36 PM
:) allo to you as well, kamon

(this is Vega/Jamo)

Transil Gantar
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:12:05 PM
Hello to you too, Vega. Which Imperial faction wants to make a bid on me?

Jarek T'chort
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:40:00 PM
Imperial Sovereignty would be happy to have you.

Transil Gantar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:12:00 PM
I'll make a point of stopping by and checking you out.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:18:36 PM
Excellent. Feel free to pm me with any queries.

Transil Gantar
Mar 31st, 2004, 06:22:20 PM
I just did that.

Armide Maddrell
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:06:16 AM
Ha... I'm not new. I just haven't been around in..um.... Over a year. x.x;;

Betcha can't guess who I am. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:06:50 AM
Well, I looked at your AIM s/n and...

no I can't.

Armide Maddrell
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:21:02 AM
--bashes Dasq-- You don't count. :lol

Morgan Evanar
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:55:25 AM
I know who you are. Allo :)

Ruth Leofsiege
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:47:27 PM
I'm new, but I've already started posting. And I am an LOTR fan, but that was from before Orlando Bloom started acting in movies.

And besides, I liked Glorfindel in the book better than Legolas in the movie.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2004, 03:36:48 AM
:o there's nothing wrong with Legolas!

Abagael Zellan
Apr 16th, 2004, 12:02:13 PM
Weeeell... He is kind of a pansy.

... But in a good way. :)

Ruth Leofsiege
Apr 16th, 2004, 09:34:03 PM
I never said there was anything wrong with Legolas. In fact, he is my favorite character in the movie.
Glorfindel just happens to be my favorite character from the book, thats all.

Shade Magus
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:28:08 PM
Actually. I think Gimli or Gollum is the coolest out of the bunch. I can't decide between short and hairy or short and...well...we wants the precious!

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:26:56 AM
Well even though legolas is one of the best characters in the Lord of the Rings trilogy...I personally think that Gandalf is the best, hands down...

March Kalas
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:37:12 PM
gandalf is the ultimate coolest, and he could kick legolas's but anyday (as well as every other person besides sauron)

I don't like how they made the elves in the movie, because in the book, they were very joyful and stuff, singing all the time.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:55:23 PM
Most of the chars are so well written and acted that I would have a difficult time in deciding who I like the best :)

Shade Magus
Apr 19th, 2004, 01:02:33 PM
It's all about the precious...that's all I am going to say.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:16:15 PM
ive got to give gandolf props...he can woop almost everyone in the movies and books

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:33:18 PM
But yet even he feared to touch The Ring.

Sanis Prent
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:45:16 PM
I'm of course quite pleased that people can read thread tags.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2004, 01:27:09 PM
thread was moved from being sticked, as Sanis said, this was supposed to be in 'info' thread, not a hijacked one. Therefore, thread is closed. I will start a fresh thread :)