PDA

View Full Version : Let's all do the McDonalds diet!

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:42:53 AM
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16393.htm

I only occasionally treat myself to a hamburger now anyway. I'm a KFC junkie these days :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:06:26 AM
"Consumers can achieve balance in their daily dining decisions by choosing from our array of quality offerings and range of portion sizes to meet their taste and nutrition goals," McDonald's said in a statement.

Did this spokeperson learn from the tobacco companies handbook of Bullpoo? Quality???? That statement is below contempt.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:37:42 AM
That's just sick.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2004, 12:08:42 PM
They've got pretty good salads at McD's. Other than that, I generally stay away unless its my last recourse (re: on a road trip, and unable to eat a salad in the car)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:18:50 PM
i eat kfc almost everyday at work - the almost sad thing is, the managers know me there :)

i refuse to eat mcdonalds though - ever since finding a human hairball in my fries about 7 or so years ago, i wont touch the place with a ten foot pole

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2004, 01:55:37 PM
KFC is so good for you :rolleyes

I'd eat McD's before I'd eat at KFC. Their stuff is nasty. Worst fried chicken ever.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:02:22 PM
and thats about all i eat anyways :p

i like kfc's fries the best anyways. thems good

Charley
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:26:14 PM
You're going to be dead at 30. I have no idea how you live the way you do on such an intake.

Crystal
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:02:16 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I'd eat McD's before I'd eat at KFC. Their stuff is nasty. Worst fried chicken ever.

I love chicken, and I have to agree to with this.

Ok, so I like their honey BBQ boneless chicken wings. But other than that. :x

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:38:58 PM
You're going to be dead at 30. I have no idea how you live the way you do on such an intake.

youve get seven years then, bud :p

make them count :)

Darth Viscera
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:49:15 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley

Seconded.

Tear
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:44:59 PM
Different metabolisms :p and i like KFC's fries too their good, those and Dairy queens fries. Making myself hungry

oh and that Mcdonalds thing is almost as dumb as that time when a buncha over weight people sued them for making them fat.

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:51:40 PM
Originally posted by Tear
oh and that Mcdonalds thing is almost as dumb as that time when a buncha over weight people sued them for making them fat.
Very true. I doubt even the strongest McDonalds supporter would say that a McDonalds-only diet was healthy.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:41:12 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Very true. I doubt even the strongest McDonalds supporter would say that a McDonalds-only diet was healthy.

Please look up at Post 2 of this thread, where a quote from the article is highlighted. McDonalds spokesperson claiming this exact thing.

Tear
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:44:08 AM
I dont think Fett was referring to someone being paid to say that but rather someone who really likes Mcdonalds.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:58:03 AM
Originally posted by Tear
I dont think Fett was referring to someone being paid to say that but rather someone who really likes Mcdonalds.

If you went hunting, yo will find someone who would say it. The world is filled with morons, peopel still refuse to drive with seatbelts, or start smoking, or use drugs or........ I think the point is made well enough. There are people out there who seriously think McDonalds is healthy.

Marga Alton
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:40:10 PM
Can't eat at McDonalds cause their food makes me sick.

Lady Mylia
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:30:47 PM
McDonalds is way to greasy!! If I eat there I get chicken... I know that's still greasy, but it tastes better than their burgers! and the fruit and yogart parfait!! Those are the best... that was my dinner last night actually... half a spicey chicken and the fruit and yogart! Yum yum... Wendy's is so much better and then KFC is after that, but I don't usually eat out anymore...

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:09:26 PM
Ugh, I gave up on nasty fast food a loooong time ago, especially McDs. Every other year or so I'll convince myself that a cheeseburger might be good, but, alas, they still suck. Everything at that place makes me sick to my stomach. I'll take some granola and carrot juice any day over that utter poodoo.

Tear
Jan 28th, 2004, 03:16:14 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
granola and carrot juice

:x

but i agree with the McD's assesment

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 28th, 2004, 03:18:15 PM
I'll take some granola and carrot juice any day over that utter poodoo.

Carrot juice is worse than any junk food. I feel ill just thinking about that vileness

Morgan Evanar
Jan 28th, 2004, 03:32:17 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Carrot juice is worse than any junk food. I feel ill just thinking about that vileness I love me some carrot juice. Mmmm.

Charley
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:49:24 PM
V8 Splash has a certain amount of carrot juice in it. Its pretty good stuff.

Shawn
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:04:40 PM
Can't stand V8 or any variants. Too much tomato juice, which I just can't down. :x

Sometimes, I just get in the mood for "bad" food and go nab me some McDonald's. I don't understand why I get cravings for greasy fast food... maybe my body needs something in it?

KFC is ok. I really enjoy their mashed potatoes and biscuits.

Figrin D'an
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:46:46 PM
Originally posted by Charley
V8 Splash has a certain amount of carrot juice in it. Its pretty good stuff.

Most definitely. It's a good change-up beverage, something different to have every once in a while.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:16:10 AM
V8 Splash wasn't too bad when I tried it. But I tasted tomatoes for about a half hour afterwards. It wasn't really that great.

Charley
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:20:49 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
Can't stand V8 or any variants. Too much tomato juice, which I just can't down. :x

Sometimes, I just get in the mood for "bad" food and go nab me some McDonald's. I don't understand why I get cravings for greasy fast food... maybe my body needs something in it?

KFC is ok. I really enjoy their mashed potatoes and biscuits.

Hardees > KFC

Crystal
Jan 29th, 2004, 10:14:10 AM
I can sort of stand the orginal V8.. It tastes a tad too much like tomatoes though, and tomatoes are one of the only veggies I don't like. I prefer to buy Cambell's Veggie Soup and drink the broth ^_^