PDA

View Full Version : A Noticeable Prodigy

spada
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:24:27 PM
A Kel-Dor wearing a long robe entered a bustling cantina filled with the sound of the band playing. He walked to the bar table and asked for a drink, surveying his surroundings. A droid rolled over to him holding a drink and he took it, placing a few credits on the droids tray. He drank quickly and walked towards a table to sit when a Rodian surrounded by a group of his henchmen bumped into him. The rodian's little snout squeaked angrily, "Hey! Watch where your going!" the rodian and the henchmen surrounded the Kel-Dor and suddenly one came up behind him. He turned quickly and the rodian met his fist swiftly. The music stopped and everyone began to scramble. The Kel-Dor was grabbed by 2 rodians, but suddenly he closed his eyes, sending one back suddenly allowing him to hook one rodian. The other rodians ran seeing how he handled the others and the Kel-Dor said, "sorry about that." the music continued again and he took a seat. He hoped that he did not make a scene, for he was going to the Jedi Academy at Coruscant and was almost there.

(tell me if that was a good start and any jedi master can come in there and see the whole scene)

spada
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:35:00 PM
The Kel-Dor stood up and left the bar with less attention than when he entered. He walked out the door and over to a swoop bike parked in the streets (are they allowed in the streets?). He mounted the bike and turned it on, the engine humming steadily.

He quickly piloted his way down the streets until he finally could see the 4 pillars circling around one large pillar in the center. He parked the bike along with some speeders and entered the clean, white temple opening.

He walked over to a person who appeared to be taking new visitors and he asked,

"Hello, my name is Spada Elhow. Is this where I apply to the academy?"

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:48:53 AM
Estelle looked up as Spada addressed her.

"Yes, this is the Recruitment Center, Mr. Spada"

Straitening up now from where she had been stooping, writing on a note pad, she gave her full attention to the new arrival.

"I am Jedi Master Russard. You wish to join the Order?

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:54:11 PM
Spada quickly answered, "yes. I was told that I have abilities fitting of a jedi and I came to see if that is so. Can you tell me what I can do first?" Spada knew of the Jedi Order, but living on the other side of Coruscant he did not know much about the proccess of becoming one. Remembering his manners, he bowed to Russard, saying, "Its a pleasure to meet you."

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:32:45 PM
She smiled cordially "Pleased to meet you, too" she responded.

"How about we start by you telling me a little about yourself and what motivates you to join the Jedi?"

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:43:12 PM
Spada rose from his bow and replied,
"Well, as I have told you, I live on the other side of Coruscant, and a very bad area for Kel-Dors I might add. I learned my skill with the force when one day I somehow moved a person's hand so that they missed me with their blaster. My friend told me that I may have some skill with the force, and after practicing, I have found that I do have a greater strength in the force than most people. I have practiced concentrating the force, which has helped me to keep people who think I am 'different' from harming me. I trained out of self defence."

he thought a second and continued,

"My reasons for joining the Academy are very influenced by my home. I feel that becoming a Jedi could help me to better use my power to protect people and to help make a bigger difference for the good of the Galaxy."

he added,

"I do not wish to join the Jedi Order out of revenge of any sort, and I will use the powers taught to me wisely."

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:56:07 PM
Estelle didn't recall Spada actually saying he lived on the other side of Coruscant. Perhaps he had meant to. She listened as he described his self-realisation of his force potential.

"That must have been strange to discover you could use the force like that, but lucky - to avoid blaster fire, that is"

Her own ability in force manipulation had developed slowly, as was more the common experience. The force was powerful and mastering it usually took time and extended training, hence the establishment of an Order to facilitate such a need.

"It sounds like you are not a stranger to the rougher side of life. Wanting to do good and help others is a noble desire and one that is imperitive to being a Jedi.

You understand that to receive training, you must yeild to the knowledge and instruction of others - will this be a problem for you?"

Estelle was asking some probing questions, which was pretty much routine at the Recruitment office. It was often necessary to do so to get to the more genuine seekers of the Jedi path.

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:00:55 PM
(yea my guy has a bad short term memory at times lol)

Spada had been preparing for questioning for his whole trip in and knew how to reply,

"If the master speaks, I will obey without hesitation."

His replies sounded corny, but he wanted to answer perfectly to give a good first impression.

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:07:57 PM
This answer brought a smile to the Jedi and she laughed gently.

"Well, obedience is required definitely, but we are not mindless drones. Questions are encouraged. A good padawan is a curious one, but I understand that you know what being a student is and that sometimes as such, you will not have all the understanding until a certain task is done."

She encouraged Spada to walk with her along the edge of the great hall, the giant arched windows allowing the mid-morning sunshine to beam warmly through to them.

"Coruscant is a long way from your homeland, yes?"

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:29:12 PM
Spada followed Estelle and answered,

"Yes, Dorin is a long way off. I came here as soon as possible to start a life here in the center of business. The life is not as glamorous as I thought it would be, but lately things have been better."

He felt the mouthpiece covering his face and said jokingly,

"It just took some time to get used to this..."

(its gonna be tough not showing my feelings wit expressions)

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:37:09 PM
She nodded her understanding.

"A change of locale is a challenge for anyone, but Im sure certain culture shocks are bigger for some than for others.

I have an apprentice the same of your species, Plo Koon, though he is not here at the moment.

Fitting in is not an easy thing. But" she added kindly, "Im sure you will do just fine"

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:39:35 PM
Spada bowed and added,

"Your words are a great encouragement. Where do I get started with tests and classes?"

Estelle Russard
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:10:01 PM
Estelle loved the energy of new recruits - they were always so eager to begin the journey. It was refreshing and inspiring.

"We will get you all signed in here first, you know, go through the regular security rigmaroll and then we will get you settled into accommodations over at the Living Quarters.

Once that is organized, you may sign up to any of the classes being held at the Academy and also make use of the Training Grounds for sparring and workouts.

As soon as we can assign a Master to you, formal one-to-one discipleship will begin.

There is a list - recent influx of recruitees have caused a slight backlog - but Im sure it wont be long until you are assigned."

spada
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:12:17 PM
Spada happily replied,

"Sounds good. I just want to get down to training and learning soon. Can we begin the signing up now?"

Estelle Russard
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:44:16 PM
"Certainly"

Estelle led Spada over to where they took all the necessary information.

No security red flags came up when she entered him into the system and in a very short time the process was completed.

"Good, then. We can get you settled. You will find you will become familiar with the various buildings in not time at all.

Also, if you would like to get to know your fellow Jedi, a popular social spot is Yoghurts Bar and Grill. You will often find someone there to talk to."

spada
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:47:34 PM
Spada bowed to Estelle and asked,

"Could I possibly get my equipment. I wish to change out of these rags... then we can find my home, If that is suitable for you..."

he pointed to his clothes which he appeared to have been wearing for a few days. He hoped to meet some jedi and see how the file was like, but at the moment his hygiene was more important to him.

Estelle Russard
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:30:37 PM
"Equipment?"

She wasnt sure what he meant. Certainly, they provided the usual Jedi ghi or whatever it was called and the padawan robes - he would find them waiting for him in his quarters. A padawan would eventually construct his own lightsaber, but until that time he would be able to use one of the Orders. Some training would be in order first. A lightsaber is not something one can just pick up and use, like one would for instance, a blaster.

"Your padawan robes will be laid out for you when we arrive at your quarters. But if you refer to a lightsaber, eventually you will construct one of your own. In the meantime you will have some training with ones here at the order. We will get that to you when you stop by the Training Facility."

spada
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:51:50 PM
Spada felt dumb at the questions he asked.

"Yes maam. Lead the way to the quarters. I wish to begin my training as soon as possible."

Estelle Russard
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:06:02 PM
Walking along beside him, Estelle could sense he felt a little selfconscious - being new and unfamiliar with a place made that a natural response. She hoped she could make him feel less ill at ease.

"It takes time to get familiar, and of course, you will have many questions on a wide range of things. Please know that myself, or any one of us here at the Order, are happy to help you in any way we can.

Remember" she said as she opened the door into the hallway that would take them to the Living Quarters, "we were all new here once"

spada
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:41:45 PM
Spada followed Estelle to his quarters and made a strange sound which probably would have been like a sigh.

"This place is really nice..."

He looked at his bed and noticed a tunic and robe (do padawan's carry robes?) and asked,

"Would you mind waiting a minute for me to change?"