PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Help from any and all artists

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 20th, 2004, 10:55:42 PM
Hi everybody :wave

I've just gotten involved in another tabletop campaign here at school, and we created our characters this week. The problem for me is that I have a good idea about how my character whould look--I just can't draw worth a sack of beans. In fact, a sack of beans would be more proficient at creating art than I would. I try, but I usually fail.

So, if anyone has the time or energy to do a small drawing for me, I would love it to death and greatly, greatly appreciate it. As a matter of fact, any ammount of drawings would rock--if the description I am about to provide inspires you to draw, I will take everything. :) I know there are some wonderfuly gifted artists around here and I like the work that has been done.

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce this character for sketching/any kind of art-ing pleasure:

His name is Erowyl, and he is a human Fighter. He hails from the deepest, coldest southlands of our map, a city called Kortal. He was trained as one of the Kortal Bowmen, an elite unit of guardsmen (strictly nobility) who train in the art of close-range bow skirmishing, often by horseback. Erowyl is young (19), but he had just entered his training with the Kortal Bowmen when he was outcasted because it was discovered (unknown to him) that he was an illegitamate child.

His appearance:
-Medium sized
-Deep green eyes
-Dark Brown hair
-Scruffy, unshaven
-Longer, unkempt hair, perhaps tied back in a sort of sloppy manner

Anyway, his atire is smiple. He wears the following garments:
-White or Light Blue inner tunic
-Dark, dark blue outer tunic
-Black or white bracers
-Black finger gloves
-Stoney grey heavy cloak
-Silver amulet around his neck
-Light gray or stoney or dark blue/black pants
-Boots. . .undecided on color

He carries the following weapons:
-Short sword, sheathed on his left hip
-Dagger, sheathed on his left hip, hanging lower than his sword sheath
-Short bow and quiver across his back

But, really, that's about it. The colors (minus eyes and hair) are completely open, but he's a naturally cold-dweller, so I figured grays and darks and heavy stuff.

Thanks in advance to any who even make an effort to draw this guy--I think you are awesome and you've really helped me out!! :D I have little trouble writing, but I have a great deal of difficulty bringing my characters to life on paper.

Thanks again, and thanks for your time in reading this.

Sanis Prent
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:45:22 AM
Sorry, I suck at drawing.

Zeke
Jan 21st, 2004, 07:29:22 AM
So he's basically that guy you use for Jeran, only younger and with his second player outfit?

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:38:44 PM
Well, not really Z, but similar. There are several phsyical differences and he doesn't wear armor. He's not fully bearded, just unshaven for several days.

But the hair style is kind of similar, yes. :)

Zeke
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:04:20 PM
Ossum. Just checking. When I get home from the computer arts hall I'll stick the details in a notepad file or something and get you a drawing as soon as I can. Do you need it by any certain time? Also, if this is a D&D campaign, a Half-Orc Fighter may make a cameo in your portrait...y'know, someone for you to duel with.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 21st, 2004, 01:06:27 PM
That's cool man--no, no specific time constraint. Take your time and don't be rushed. He's typically a bowman, so he mostly relies on his arrows, but he can use is sword--that's what it's there for! :lol Feel free to have him fighting in any way you want. An action scene would be sweet. :)

Thanks alot for your help man--very much appreciated sir. :D