PDA

View Full Version : Just doing the Job. (Open)

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 04:20:18 PM
---"Oh happy day! I got work! Xyver! We're shipping out so if there's any tourist shops you wanted to visit....Well you're out of time!" Bari cried, entering his ship, The Fallen Grace, merrily. He'd landed a job, a NICE paying job at that. His only concern was what he'd be shipping, but he wouldn't find that out till he hit Kessel. No problem, a short jump for the hyperspace drive on his ship, so they'd know within a day or so. Bari smacked a button on a panel near the rear cargo bay door, causing it to start retracting as he weaved his way through empty cargo crates and assorted barrels before entering the belly of his ship.
----"Xyver! You better be in here, cause I'm lifting off in ten!" He yelled as he walked, pulling his liter and cigarette pack from his pocket. A Definite feeling of...well, satisfaction more than happiness, was being irradiated from the smuggler, he always thought it was great to get a job...but he still had some doubts. Bari strolled past the three crew quarter rooms straight to the bridge of his vessel, plopping down in his pilot chair and turning on the comm.
---"Spaceport, this is Fallen Grace, requesting permission to lift off." He waited for a few seconds, before a voice crackled over the system.
---"Roger that, Fallen Grace. You have permission to lift off in Eight minutes."
----"As always, a pleasure." He replied, then switched the comm channel to his ships internal systems.
----"XYVER! Last time I'm saying it! If you didn't hear me before, here's your last update! We lifting off in Eight minutes, so let me know you're on, or so help me I'm lifting off regardless! There's crime to be done, and money to be made doin' it!"

Xyver Khale
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:35:44 PM
*The booming voice over the comm was a rather nasty wake up call, he'd taken to the back cargo hold to find a bit of solitude for a while and had dazed off. He got off the ground and hit the comm button*

"Yes, yes Mr. Wedoru, I'll be up front in a moment."

*He really was grateful the man had given him a last name, he'd called him Bari because that's all he'd been given originally, but he prefered using last names, less... personal. He stretched and headed bridge. He yawned as the doors parted and he walked onto the bridge*

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:41:08 PM
---"I'm sorry, did I wake you? ....Oh well. One moment." Bari said, then swiveled back around to the controls, easing the Fallen Grace off the landing pad. He slid a lever forward, powering up the engines and rocketing them up through the atmosphere at an amazing speed, though the inside of the ship was so well protected by G-Buffers it didn't even feel like a tremor. Once they'd reached the blackness of space, Bari activated the Hyperdrive, sending them on their way to Kellass. It was at that point he turned back around to Xyver.
---"I got a job. Shipping some unknown cargo from Kessel to Carshoulis Prime, and I'd like to ask if the name Sanis Prent means anything to you." Bari said, leaning back in his chair as he inhaled on his cigarette.

Xyver Khale
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:48:48 PM
*He shook his head a bit*

"Never heard of him. Can I go back to sleep now?"

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:51:58 PM
---"No, because this job is reeking. A guy, from out of nowhere, comes up to me in the JEDI bar of all places...And offers me this job out of the blue. That's not what's got me irked. What's got me riled is that I don't know what I'm shipping and he's slapped down a twenty thousand paycheck for it. He wasn't a jedi, Wasn't a sith, DEFINITELY wasn't some sort politic or one hundred percent LEGIT businessman. Kind of arrogant too, but can't fault a man for that." Bari shrugged, then removed the cigarette from his mouth and kicked his feet up on the console.
---"...Is there any reason that anyone might be after you? You're not an escaped Republic experiment, are you?"

Xyver Khale
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:56:15 PM
*He shook his head again, letting a sigh rolll off his lips*

"I keep to the background Mr. Wedoru, I don't have any enemies, nor do I friends. I can't think of anyone who would be after ME. Maybe he's after you? Or maybe it's legit and you're just reading too much into it, ever considered that possibility?"

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:59:05 PM
---"Actually that's my hope. It's just way too perfect, and I question things that are perfect. When we get the cargo I'll know more. By the way, you really need a tan." Bari pointed out.

Xyver Khale
Jan 20th, 2004, 10:02:22 PM
*He rolled his eyes half caring and pushed the door release to head back to the cargo bay* "Wake me when he kills you or something."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 10:07:46 PM
---"Well aren't you just a ball full of sunshine? If I DIE this ship gets blown up with me! It's in my will, so you'll be stranded!" Bari yelled at his retreating form, then sighed and looked out the bridge screen at the streaking stars...
It'd be a few hours before they reached Kessel...and he had a lot to think about before they got there.

Bari Wedoru
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:51:01 PM
THREE HOURS LATER.

The request for landing had gone smoothly, and the touchdown of the Fallen Grace went just as well. Bari was strolling through the ship towards the cargo bay, but stopped a moment to talk to Xyver.
---"I'm headin' out. If you don't hear from me in about four hours? ... Hit the red button above the pilots seat and get out of this ship." He said simply, then resumed his walk to the cargo bay.

Xyver Khale
Jan 21st, 2004, 08:58:56 PM
"Sure, why not."

*He took the captain's seat at the bridge and yawned*

Bari Wedoru
Jan 21st, 2004, 09:30:57 PM
Bari just hummed softly as he opened the cargo bay door, then approached something covered by a large sheet. He grasped it, and pulled it off to reveal a heavily modified speeder bike, stylized black and silver. He grinned evilly as he mounted it, revved it up...and zoomed off to meet his employer.

Sanis Prent
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:17:43 AM
The main complex at Station 014 was bustling. Machines hummed in the background as workers milled about. Steam occasionally billowed from small pipes. To the side and away from the production facilities, a four story building stood, adjacent to a hangar bay. I waited on the fourth floor, in my office, monitoring a holocam transmission.

"Send my guest up here when he arrives." I spoke to my personal assistant, who nodded and proceeded downstairs.

Bari Wedoru
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:58:44 PM
Bari parked the speeder bike in the hangar bay, switching on the security before he dismounted. Taking slow steps acrossthe bay, he lit up another cigarette as he made his way into the front of the building, looking up at it in contemplation.
---"...Bet myself thirty creds the man's at the tippity top." He muttered to himself. Shrugging, he walked into it and was immediately met by the said assistant, who lead Mr. Wedoru up to the fourth floor. He strolled into the room, taking it in behind his yellow shades.
---"Nice digs." He said simply.

Sanis Prent
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:35:09 PM
"Have a seat."

I gestured across the desk, to the seat near Bari.

Bari Wedoru
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:40:24 PM
He took a seat on the arm of the chair, legs crossing as he blew out a puff of cigarette smoke.
---"So, Mister Prent, what's the rundown of the job?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:48:23 PM
I placed a small rectangular package on the desk. It was wrapped liberally in black plastic.

"This is Ivory Kessel Crystal."

I nodded to my assistant at the door.

"Get the lights and the shades, please."

The lights dimmed out, and the slats on the window behind me drew shut. I waited a few seconds for my eyes to adjust, and then carefully opened the end of the package. A white granular powder poured out slowly, piling up on a small, mirrored-glass plate. I reached in a drawer, and pulled out a straight-edge. After a few seconds, I arranged the powder into a series of four lines. I then gestured to the corner of the desk, where a jar of wide "soda fountain" straws stood.

"You're no stranger to blow, right? Do the honors."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:50:23 PM
---"I'm aware, not a blower myself though. I'll take your fine word on it's quality and authenticity." Bari declined. This was quite curious to him....

Sanis Prent
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:16:29 AM
"No, I insist. I need some insurance that you're not a Narc."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:01:23 AM
---"Man, if you think I'm snortin' that brainkiller stuff up my nose, you've got another thing coming. I ship drugs, I don't do'em." Bari stated firmly, standing up from his seat. He approached the desk with a wary glance, picking up one of the straws, then dabbed his finger onto his tongue and ran it over the straws end. Sticking the end into one of the lines, he picked up a small bit around the straws damp end. He then took a quick lick off the end and looked thoughtful for a moment.
---"It's real, and I'm not a narc."

Sanis Prent
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:02:55 PM
"I'm not where I am because I take people at their word, Bari."

I leaned over the table, straw over the mirrored panel.

ssssnnnnnnnnfffff

Leaning back in my seat, I sighed, tossing the straw in the trash.

"Snort, smoke, or bite, but don't waste my time, or my hospitality."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:35:05 PM
---"Fair enough. So, how much of this do you want to me to take to Carshoulis Prime?" Bari asked, flicking his straw beautifully into the same trash bin.

spada
Jan 28th, 2004, 11:21:44 AM
Prent your PM box is full cleanit out.

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:11:02 PM
OOC: Done

IC:

"500 korgs."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:58:42 PM
---"Nice. Any problems I might want to look out for on the way, or clear sailing?" Bari asked, flipping out his liter and cigarette pack

Sanis Prent
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:15:16 PM
"Well, if you get caught, you're going to be killed."

I snorted another line, eyes dialating slightly.

"The Cizerack Pride has a somewhat draconian policy against smuggling. I suggest you make a couple of waypoint jumps, and obscure your flight logs. If they so much as smell Kessel on your waybills, they'll kill you."

I slid a small viewpad to him.

"I have a few contacts on Prime. This one's name is Aieerra. Despite the name, she's human, but born & raised on Prime. She doesn't bring in much product, but since the tap's dry in the pride nearly all the time, whatever she brings in, she makes a killing on. She knows in advance to meet you at the spaceport."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:04:27 AM
---"Hm. We can do business then. When will you have the stuff for me to load up?" Bari asked, taking the viewpad and looking it over carefully.

Sanis Prent
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:46:32 PM
"It's being loaded up now."

I turned on a nearby holo-viewer, where four men were bringing a series of cargo pallets into the hangar where Bari's ship was located.

Bari Wedoru
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:03:33 PM
---"Nice. Well, I'll expect payment upon delivery! I'll be on my way, then." Bari said brightly, tucking the view pad under one arm as he turned, starting to head towards the door.

Sanis Prent
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:10:58 PM
"I'll forward your payment and have it waiting for you. Aieerra will pay you when she verifies delivery."

Bari Wedoru
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:13:49 PM
---"Excellent. Good to do business." He replied, waving his hand behind him as he started his short trot out of the building, whistling happily. Oh happy day, he had a job and was going to get paid! Life couldn't get any better for him...

Bari Wedoru
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:36:37 PM
When Bari arrived back at the hangar, he went right to work. He ordered the pallets to be placed in a certain section of the cargo bay, then thanked the loaders and gave them a handsome tip for their kind help.
---"Be sure to blow it on cheap booze and women!" He called after them as they left, then chuckled as he closed the cargo bay door. He made his way over to the pallets of the cargo and looked them over carefully.
----"...Looks straight...but just to be sure...." He walked to the far wall and opened a metal plate, revealing a hand held scanning device reminscent of a defibrillator pad. Bari ran it over each piece of cargo slowly and carefully, checking for explosives or anything that might seem suspicious.
---"....Seem's alright..." He mused, checking the read outs with a shrug. He replaced the scanning device, then walked over to a pile of heavy cargo containers next to the pallets, opening one to reveal literally hundreds...of tiny dolls with bobbling heads.
---"Oh, they are so cute...." He sighed, then reached inside and felt around till he felt his finger push a hidden button. Bari quickly jumped back as the entire metal plate where the pallets were lowered down, being tucked away mechanically into a hidden niche in the ship as the metal plate with cargo containers full of the bobbly headed dolls slid over to where the pallets had been, instantly covering the hidden spot.
---"I am such a genius."