PDA

View Full Version : Out of Work (Open)

Bari Wedoru
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:06:52 PM
Life's hard when you're in a dry spell.
The smuggler, pardon, businessman known as Bari Wedoru was a man with black hair and a blue suit, a cigarette nearly always hanging from his mouth...and the ashtray at his table was nearly filled.
Business had been....well, to be honest it had been quite low lately. Some minor spice shipping, a few exotic parts...nothing that amounted to a real pay day, more like just a bit to blow on a bar run while his...guest...stayed on the ship. His loss. That fellow was an odd one anyway, plenty of troubles running around his head, just as well for him to stay away from a place frequented by Jedi, Sith, and whoever had a finger or two in the Force. It was unfortunate Bari didn't have that luxury, this is how he made contacts and got jobs to begin with, though trolling in a Jedi bar might've not been the best idea....oh well, the food was good anyway.
He took a sip from his mug of coffee, kicking his feet up onto a second chair, looking like a poster for 'Utterly Relaxed' as his eyes perused the bar from behind the yellow tinted shade. At this point, he'd delight in some conversation from....anything, really...though he'd definitely prefer some sort of job offer.

Sanis Prent
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:48:47 PM
The seat in front of Bari moved back, as I pulled it away from the table.

"Mind if I sit?"

Bari Wedoru
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:57:12 PM
Bari looked up, almost startled by the man's sudden appearance, but flashed a half grin from behind his shades.
----"Well, I see no reason why not." He said pleasantly, taking his feet off and putting them on the floor.
----"Name's Bari Wedoru (Wee Door Yu). Nice to see a hopefully friendly face." He offered his hand to the gentleman as he sat.

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:12:19 AM
"Yeah, I know who you are."

I shook his hand, not sure what to think about his over-eagerness.

"Sanis Prent."

Lighting up a smoke, I continued.

"I have a job for you, if you're on the level."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:58:02 AM
Now this perked Bari's attention, his face breaking out into a wide smile.
----"I am very on the level, Mister Present, but before you start giving me details on this job though, let me tell you the rules I go by when I start thinking about taking a job." His grin evaporated quickly, his eager tone being replaced with a deathly serious edge as his voice grew quieter.
----"The first one I got is I don't do talking cargo. If you want me to carry some slave girls or kidnap someone or even just trade in body parts and organs, then it'd be in your best interest of saving time to start walking now, because I stay well away from the slavery trade due to moral objections. Now if you want me to just transport someone from one planet to another, and it's on the arrow, that'd be copacetic to me" Bari started, taking his cigarette from his lips and grinding it into the ash tray.
----"The second is I don't do hits. I'm no bounty hunter, I leave the killing for money trade to them. The last one is definitely the most important, and if you break this one then we're going to go down some hostile territory. I do the job, I get paid. If I take this job, I will do it to the best of my abilities, and if for some reason the cargo get's hijacked by pirates or something, I will hunt those pirates down and take it back or compensate you as best I can. The bottom line is, though, If I do this job, I do expect to get paid. I don't want to get backstabbed, set up, or generally planted six feet under with a blast bolt in my chest. You go back on the deal, then your life will be mighty unpleasant until you pay me or you're dead. This I swear. Do we have an understanding, Mister Present?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:21:59 PM
This guy sure was something.

"That's Prent, by the way."

Flicking the ash from my stim, I continued.

"Second, the last thing you want to do is play mind games with me. I don't play. What I say you'll get is what you'll get. If you don't like that, then goodbye. I pull weight around here, and I can always find somebody else.

The job is simple. I need you to push some product for me. Kessel to Carshoulis Prime. Hazard pay's at 20,000, and you'll earn every chit."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:27:39 PM
----"I don't play either. I'm just telling you how it is with me, games are all about poking around and messing with people, my only concern is the pay. Your price at 20,000...Sounds appealing." Bari explained, leaning back against the chair he sat in.
----"Two questions though. First, what's the Product, and second, You seem to be quite spiffily attired, Prent. Means you're no Jedi...Clothes aren't depressing enough to be a Sith, but yet they ain't the high end deal the politics and high end businessmen. Makes me think you're a successful....businessman like me. I ain't going to question why you want me to ship the stuff, all I ask is what is it I'll be shipping and how soon do you want it there?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:51:56 PM
"I'd rather not talk about that here, actually. Suffice to say, you've done it before, so it shouldn't be a problem.

As for when, I'd like it done by the end of the week."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:58:23 PM
----"...I think we can deal. Shall we retire to a more private location to complete our transaction?" Bari asked politely.

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:22:02 PM
"No."

I snuffed out my stim, and stood up.

"I'll see you on Kessel, tomorrow. 17:00 Standard, and don't be late."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:49:46 PM
----"Wouldn't dream of it." He smirked, kicking his feet back up.