PDA

View Full Version : Starsky and Hutch trailer online

ReaperFett
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:42:30 PM
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/STUVWXYZ/Starsky-and-Hutch/trailer-page.html

It looks better that I expected. Snoop was funny :)

JMK
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:54:08 PM
Can't wait for this! Add it to my must sees of 2004!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 18th, 2004, 02:13:11 PM
* Adds to DESPERATLY AVOID list *

WHY??? A movie of a awful 70's TV show, not a chance will I see that. I can already tell you it will be crap

Syo
Jan 18th, 2004, 02:59:21 PM
I just saw along cam polly and i have lost all faith in Ben Stiller and i hate remakes of cheezy 70's tv shows

JMK
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:06:27 AM
Nonsense, Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller are great. Zoolander stank, but this will be much better than that. Did you see the handlebar mustache on Vince Vaughn? That's worth the price of admission right there!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:34:33 AM
Ben Stiller is still a good funny actor he sometimes just gets in bad movies. I am hoping Meet the Fockers is funny that comes out later this year. It is Meet the Parents sequel with the cast from the first movie in it along with Stiller's real life parents playing his parents in the movie.

darth_mcbain
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:56:37 AM
Ben Stiller is good, but he always seems to be doing the same kind of movies and characters. I haven't seen it, but Along Came Polly looks like a cross between Meet the Parents and There's Something About Mary - I just want to see the guy branch out a little more and do something different...

JMK
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:00:30 PM
I feel that way about Adam Sandler. Granted he did in Punch Drunk Love but now it's right back to the dopey-aggressive-innocent well-to-do 35 year old man/boy. :\

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:08:42 PM
I liked the tv show alright but not enough to pay money to see it as a movie. Huggybear was my fav char :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:40:24 PM
This movie looks like a spoof ala The Brady Bunch Movie.

ReaperFett
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:43:19 PM
"I know some people who know some people who stole from some people" :D

Charley
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:23:10 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar

WHY??? A movie of a awful 70's TV show, not a chance will I see that. I can already tell you it will be crap

Yeah that figures.

I'm so there. Wilson and Stiller have excellent chemistry, in every movie they've done together. That, and Starsky & Hutch was a fantastic series. Casting Snoop as Huggy Bear is just a touch of gold :cool

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:38:39 PM
lmao, this looks great

im so gonna drive to alabama and see it with you :)

JMK
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:54:45 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Yeah that figures.

I'm so there. Wilson and Stiller have excellent chemistry, in every movie they've done together.

Very true. For me their best time spent on screen together was in Meet the Parents when they visit Wilson's house.

Figrin D'an
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:10:48 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
I'm so there. Wilson and Stiller have excellent chemistry, in every movie they've done together. That, and Starsky & Hutch was a fantastic series. Casting Snoop as Huggy Bear is just a touch of gold :cool

Word. I'm all over this. :)

Mu Satach
Jan 20th, 2004, 12:42:36 AM
:D Cheesy fun ahoy!

ReaperFett
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:00:55 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Ben Stiller is still a good funny actor he sometimes just gets in bad movies. I am hoping Meet the Fockers is funny that comes out later this year. It is Meet the Parents sequel with the cast from the first movie in it along with Stiller's real life parents playing his parents in the movie.
Not any more. Dustin Hoffman instead :D

JMK
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:24:13 AM
WHAT?? When did that happen? :grumble

ReaperFett
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:36:51 AM
Heard it around today :)

JMK
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:15:07 AM
Damn. :\

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 27th, 2004, 07:08:28 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar

Sorry about the thread necromancy, but what's the point in opening a new thread?

Why oh why didnt I take my own advice.

Okay, it wasnt crap. But, it wasnt even worth the evental catch it on video. Pretty much lame, except for Huggy Bear. Generally about the only funny bits in the whole movie were Huggy Bear.

Pretty lame comedy in the end. Nice car. I'll give it points for that and some good stunt work.

No point in critiqueing the acting. You already know it's not the point. I think this was supposed to be a send up of the original, but I'm not sure of that. I was struggling to find a point to the existance of this movie. Beats me what it was.

I'd say it's worth a 4 out of ten, mainly because the comedy, such as it was, could work for someone else - the typical humour from Hollywood seems to appeal to some people , but for me, it same effect a cheese grater rubbed against my bum with great vigor has, ie extremely unplesant. I rather have a good British style humour, or something Australian, say The Dish or Crackerjack.

It's also possible that I'm simply too grouchy.

Whatever the reason, Starsky and Hutch wasn't plesant and I regret the rental. I was goign to watch The Bourne Identity, which I have not seen. However, no copies availible.

:( for that and :( for the replacement.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:26:50 PM
I actually liked the movie but I am big Ben Stiller fan. It was funny, I felt. If you saw the original show you might have gotten more laughs out of it.

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2004, 03:12:32 PM
I watched S&H when I was a kid. Stiller nailed many of PMG's mannerism's down cold. They got big laughs from me every time they lampooned classic scenes and images from the show. It wasn't great, but it was funny. I can see how someone who never watched or hated the show could be underwhelmed by the movie, but there was a lot to offer fans of the show.