PDA

View Full Version : The Purchase of the Fallen Grace. (Open, set 5 years ago.)

Bari Wedoru
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:56:15 PM
"*So, how'd you say you lost yer last ship?*"
The Wukuba Junkyard, home of the lowest priced salvage this side of the Republic. It was actually just a small piece of land covered in junk on the planet of Tatooine, owned by one of those small aliens with the long nose and the fluttery wings, he'd forgotten the name of the species, but he remembered that this one went by the name of Rys Tujik and that's all he needed. Rys was currently leading a man through his junkyard, showing him the various ships that were either nearly trashed or only slightly trashed depending on which side you were viewing them. The man was fairly tall, his legs moving at an easy gait as he looked around behind a pair of sunglasses at the place, his hands currently occupied with trying to get his lighter to light up one of his slightly crushed cigarettes. After a second, he was rewarded by the click and the flame that lit the end up, letting him take in a deep puff as he tucked the lighter back into the front pocket of his blue buttoned overshirt.
"Let's just say that I've had a bad string of ship purchases from shady dealers that were dealing in merchandise that wasn't as structurally sound for my line of work as they made them out to be, and leave it there. Still got the ships too...or what's left of them." He said simply, the cigarette clenched tightly between his molars.
"*Ah, I see, I see! Well, I promise best salvage you can find, yes? I show you best I got!*" Rys said merrily, rubbing his three fingered hands together.
"Funny, that's what the shady dealers said too." The man muttered, kicking a piece of a droid to the side. He hated Tatooine, with the dry wind that was currently blowing his black hair back and drying his skin.
"*Well, I am straight on the level Mister....Ah...What was your name again?*"
"Bari Wedoru. I'm a businessman."
"*Really? What business are you in?*"
"Anything that pays well." He laughed.
"*Well Mister Wedoru...*"
"You're pronouncing it wrong. It's not pronounced Bah-ree Wed-or-uh. It's Bear-ree Wee-Door-Yu." He corrected, sounding it out for Rys.
"*My apologies! Mister Weedooryuu, my best merchandise is right over here!*" The alien replied silkily, fluttering over to a rather open section of the junkyard. This section seemed to be reserved for older, larger ships that had most definitely seen better days, what with the huge chunks that were missing or had simply been torn out by other customers or salvagers. Bari sighed, glancing around rather boredly at the poor condition ships, he really wished he wasn't so broke, he wished he was a little richer so he could at least shop at the cheap quality junkyards, not the low end crapyards....but c'est la vie...
"*Here is my best one! In good condition, Yes?*" Rys led him over to a large, cylindrical ship that was not quite as rusted or torn apart as the others, but was totally unappealing to Bari.
"...Got anything that isn't shaped like a Twi'lek dancers best friend on lonely nights?" He drawled, already strolling away from the ship. Rys caught himself before he hissed, fluttering after the man quickly.
"*It's not the best looking, but it is very fast! It can outrace a TIE Interceptor by Two point Five!*"
"Don't really care. What else you got?" Rys led him over to one that was more akin in looks to a pair of dumbbells than an actual ship.
"*This one has many weapon emplacements and heavy hull plating! Very good if you need to break a blockade! It's also got a respectable hypderdrive engine and cargo bay! It may not be pretty, but a ship like this will be with you till the day you die!*" Rys said, his voice as oily and slick as his sales pitch, but Bari's head was looking at another ship off to the right.
".....What about that one?" He said, pointing to it with a nod of his head. It was a ship of a medium size, shaped like an elongated octagon in various shades of dark grey, silver, and rust plates that was propped up at an angle by another ship. The command cockpit, located under the ship towards the front between two half broken cylinder pieces was torn open, revealing some of the interior workings. On both sides were two small wings that angled down with what looked like gun emplacements that'd fallen off, while Bari could see what looked like a cargo bay door that was open towards the back of the vessel, right below the engines. This wasn't what really caught Bari's eye, what did was the fact the top of the ship was spot on smooth, give or take a few missing armor plates, something about that just...spoke to him.
"*That one? That's crap. The cockpit need a total reconstruction, the circuitry needs replaced, life support doesn't even work....The Engines are totally nonfunctioning! Noone's even wanted to take salvage parts from that pile of Bantha poodan!*" Rys spat bitterly. Bari arched an eyebrow curiously, approaching the ship as if he was window shopping at Anchorhead...
"...So basically you haven't found a single dupe stupid enough to take this piece of s***."
"*...In a manner of speaking. Even an idiot would know not to even touch that deathtrap.*"
"....I'll give you twelve hundred for it, then." Bari offered, tilting his head to the side a bit. Rys gawked for a moment, disbelieving that anyone would want that pile of junk....He'd scheduled it for melting, for pete's sake!
"*You serious?*"
"Most of the time. Eleven hundred, take it or leave it."
"*What happened to twelve?!*"
"You questioned my offer, so you, being the honorable ship dealer that you are, must've thought I was offering too much, so I lowered it. Besides, you know anyone else that'll buy it?" Bari smirked, looking over his sunglasses at the alien.
"*....Done. May Ghritznak have mercy on your soul if that thing doesn't kill you.*"
"Well, he'd be the first for the mercy part, anyway. I'll have to work on it here until I can get it moving. Know where I can hire some Jawa's cheap?"