PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2004, 05:24:25 PM
This is a full version of Adobe Photoshop CS (version 8.0)

772962c8f4026a6bfdb2227d8222bab52129536f

Use the crack loacted in the zip file included in the download to make it functional.

Shawn
Jan 15th, 2004, 05:36:21 PM
I'm already seeding a torrent. But, since there's no one else on this, I'll hop on for a bit. I'll definitely seed this for a while after I'm done with the other torrent.

Was contemplating trying to download this. Is there a whole lot different from PS7?

imported_Eve
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:01:26 PM
Oooh christmas all over again. When I hit save nothing happens. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Thank you for giving the link and the program. I love you more than anyone right now.

Shawn
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:06:30 PM
In most browsers, you should be able to just click the link and a dialogue will pop up asking if you want to open it from this location or save it. You can open it, pick a spot to save the file and voila.

Are you trying to right click > save? Because, after that, you just need to launch the torrent file.

Also, dumb question: Do you have a BitTorrent client installed?

imported_Eve
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:10:36 PM
Your dumb question was prolly the best. No. I read this thread first. I need to read the Grog Torrent stuff I suppose. Can you keep this thread up at LEAST until this weekend so I can get with the program?

Browser is MSN 8.0. It came up to save, and I picked a location, only when I hit save... nothing happened -which would be cured if I installed the client? Correct?

Thanks Shawn.

Shawn
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:32:10 PM
No problem. Personally, I like the ABC client, which you can get here: http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.html

Once you have it installed, clicking on a *.torrent link will open a dialogue asking where you'd like to save the file. Be sure to go through the options and configure it to your liking. It's pretty straightforward.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:35:45 PM
Ahh, a convinicing argument to try out BT.

ReaperFett
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:39:12 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Ahh, a convinicing argument to try out BT.
Just remember PeerGuardian. ALways best to be safe.

Shawn
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:42:56 PM
From everything I've seen, Peerguardian is a feel-good method that doesn't really do much else, aside from sucking up CPU cycles.

ReaperFett
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:45:38 PM
It stopped George Lucas himself from accessing my computer!

Seriously, think the IP was for Skywalker Ranch :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:46:17 PM
AGreed to Shawn. Build a proper VPN network of you want to guarenttee no snooping.

Now if I have it right, all I have to do to become a seed is simply stay online after the download is done?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:04:17 PM
This torrent is on a private tracker so any snoops are much less likely to know whats being shared since everything is hashed and no filenames are in use.

My max upload is only about 24 to 30 KB so speeds might be sluggish at first but the file isn't too terribly big either. Happy torrenting.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:46:36 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Now if I have it right, all I have to do to become a seed is simply stay online after the download is done? Correct.
Originally posted by Shawn
No problem. Personally, I like the ABC client, which you can get here: http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.html

Once you have it installed, clicking on a *.torrent link will open a dialogue asking where you'd like to save the file. Be sure to go through the options and configure it to your liking. It's pretty straightforward. I think the Shadow client is much easier as a beginner's torrent client. ABC has so many options that won't mean diddly to someone who has no experiance with torrents. And its also my experiance that I myself get better speeds out of Shadow and Azureus than I do out of ABC, but ABC has a smaller memory footprint. Maybe that footprint is why I get slower speeds? Less connection processing = less overall speed. :p

You can find a link to the Shadow client in the BitTorrent F.A.Q. in this forum.

I myself use Azureus, but started with Shadow client as a beginner, and I would not recommend Azureus client to a beginner because it suffers from the same problem ABC does, too many options that wouldn't mean squat to a beginner.

Shawn
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:49:45 AM
I've gotten better speeds with ABC than I ever did with Shad0w's client. (shrug) I like ABC's ability to manage and resume torrents easily.

The nfo for this says something about how it'll stop working come February... know anything about this? I'd hate to install it only to have it stop working after a few weeks.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:54:24 AM
OKay, I think I've worked out how to reseed after a reboot. I'll leave the PC on now. Have fun with it.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2004, 07:38:15 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
The nfo for this says something about how it'll stop working come February... know anything about this? I'd hate to install it only to have it stop working after a few weeks. If you read the again.nfo more carefully you will see that they are talking about another release which dies in February and how this release is the final retail version and will not.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2004, 08:52:05 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Your dumb question was prolly the best. No. I read this thread first. I need to read the Grog Torrent stuff I suppose. Can you keep this thread up at LEAST until this weekend so I can get with the program?

Browser is MSN 8.0. It came up to save, and I picked a location, only when I hit save... nothing happened -which would be cured if I installed the client? Correct?

Thanks Shawn. If you come to use this torrent later and don't see any seeds in the stats in the first post, just post a re-seed request in this thread and I (and maybe a few others) can seed it. :)

And once you have a torrent client installed you can then either open the torrent file when downloading (before saving) or you can just double click a *.torrent file in your file broswer (my computer type window) and your BT client will handle it from there and depending on which client you choose, give you some options or just start downloading the contents of the torrent automatically to the client's default save location.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:00:16 PM
I just pulled it on to my computer. I had no idea this was such a lengthy process. It took about four hours to get the whole thing.

I ought to re-read the Torrent explanation now and see if it makes anymore sense.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:19:25 PM
It was as slow as it was because it apperaed that you were only getting the file from me as the seeder. My upload speed caps at about 24 KB, but I have it turned down just a little right now because I am torrenting someother things too.

I'm not sure why you weren't getting anything from Marcus' seed, but I can see he didn't upload anything yet.

So you did nothing wrong, its just a matter of not having enough seeds with enough bandwidth to make your download quick. On the average for me a 153 MB file usually takes about 45 to 50 minutes, where other people can get them alot faster on well seeded torrents.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:51:14 PM
Well, I'm seeding now and will continue to do so on a 24-hour/day basis this weekend. Also, that is the only file I am currently torrenting. Hopefully that will allow people to acquire the file a little faster than I did.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 18th, 2004, 08:46:48 PM
Those of you who have downloaded this torrent or already has Photoshop CS might be interested in changing the splashart that pops up when you launch the program, for instructions on how that is done refer to the comments that accompany this Gallery Image (/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=395).

imported_Eve
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:47:39 PM
I'm downloading, but I know it's not suppossed to take 11 hours.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:57:24 PM
You use dial-up, correct?

By the looks of your download speed from the torrent as I seed it I would guess yes, which means that it could easily take 8 or more hours of constant downloading to get it finished.

imported_Eve
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:37:27 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks. I cancelled the download. Maybe I can get this another way...

Would the crack still work if I downloaded a trial version?

Pierce Tondry
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:08:19 AM
I could burn this to a cd and mail it to you, if you're really keen to get it.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:35:21 PM
no seeds :(

Shawn
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:46:38 PM
Seeding... sort of. I deleted all of the useless nfos, so I've got 99.9%.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:23:54 AM
I tried restarting it today and it said my IP wasn't registered to use it

imported_Eve
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:06:51 PM
Yes Brian, thanks. Only if it's okay with the person who uploaded it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:17:12 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
no seeds :(

I'll leave my PC on tonight - I've reseeded.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:59:03 PM
want... MY NEW FUCKING DSL ALREADYYYSADFI

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:09:57 AM
Thanks seedy people.

Figrin D'an
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:31:48 PM
Thanks seedy people.

*Ba Dum Crash*

haha... funny.

I'll dl this one of these days.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:06:50 PM
I tried restarting it today and it said my IP wasn't registered to use it
This error means that your current IP address is different than the one you had when you originally downloaded the torrent file. To get around the error download a fresh copy of the torrent to add your new IP to the allowed list.
Originally posted by Eve
Yes Brian, thanks. Only if it's okay with the person who uploaded it. Tis fine by me.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2004, 03:05:31 AM
I dont understand how you use the crack. there were only two files inside of it

Morgan Evanar
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:42:24 AM
TIS ALIVE. I'll be on this and hop on if anyone else wants it.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:52:04 AM
I dont understand how you use the crack. there were only two files inside of it It a replacement deal. Install PS then after its installed use the two files in the crack zip to replace their counterparts in the PS program file directory.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:29:57 AM
was this torrent removed? o_O

TheHolo.Net
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:31:12 AM
It wasn't used for 7 days or more, so it was pruned automatically (see the FansGrog FAQ). I can recreate it if you still need it.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:39:03 AM
Yeah. The guy who was 'fixing' the computer re-formated so I need to re-download it |I

TheHolo.Net
Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:42:27 AM
Oki, I should have it up in just a bit.

imported_Eve
May 1st, 2004, 09:46:57 AM
Brian sent this to me. He said there was one file to replace.

What about regstering it?

Morgan Evanar
May 1st, 2004, 10:40:17 AM
I've never been able to get PS8 working right, so I've just stuck to 7.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2004, 05:31:36 PM
re seed!! I would love this. :cry

pwetty pweese

imported_Eve
May 2nd, 2004, 05:34:50 PM
I can't seed (on mighty dialup), but I can send it to you, like it was sent to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2004, 09:31:26 PM
Sounds cool :) How was it sent to you?

Pierce Tondry
May 2nd, 2004, 10:55:03 PM
I burned the associated files to a cd and sent it to her in the mail.

Eve, I am not Ogre, but I don't think it would be wise to register your copy.

However, I don't need to be Ogre to reseed it. Give me a second.

Edit: Actually, two files Eve. I goofed in the instructions, as I think I told you.

Oh, ugh. The original torrent's been deleted so it's no longer a matter of simply turning my client back on. I need to get to bed, so if someone would like to recreate the torrent that would be cool. Otherwise, I will do so tomorrow afternoon, after I get off work.

imported_Eve
May 2nd, 2004, 11:00:37 PM
It says I have to register it in 30 days or else. Maybe this a result of this other file I need to replace.

Which file it is?

Pierce Tondry
May 2nd, 2004, 11:04:02 PM
Eve: From the Crack zip folder, you'll get two files: AdobeLM.dll and TW10122 which is a dat file. Use them to replace the files of the same name in the Photoshop CS program folder.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 5th, 2004, 12:12:37 PM
well, however I can get it would be apprectiated.

Pierce Tondry
May 6th, 2004, 09:49:53 PM
Spewmonkeys. I forgot about this. Let me set up a new torrent thread.