PDA

View Full Version : Education

Southstar
Jan 14th, 2004, 08:33:36 PM
I was curious as to what people's thoughts were concerning the master/apprentice training method. As far as I know the master usually has a lot of freedom and all that is really taught is the usual how to, as if the training were actually taking place. What I was thinking was including a 'how to rp' section in there (assuming this is ones first character).

Another possible way of teaching could be to make the 'how to rp' section the actual base while using the master trains the apprentice as the story that propells it.

None of my characters have ever had a master that followed them to the end, so quite honestly, I'm doing my best to improvise. Perhaps there is a standard method of teaching I don't know of, but I kind of doubt it.

So if any of the other masters or knights would be willing to discuss their strategy, I'd appreciate it.

Warlock
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:33:21 PM
"How to RP" usually comes naturally. Or at least, it does for the majority of people. About 99%. If they slip up or misinterpret a rule, someone will point it out.