PDA

View Full Version : Screw Earthlink

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:32:05 PM
http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/0104/07earthlink.html

Yay. I'm canning them and switching to a provider that gives me better speeds.

ReaperFett
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:52:43 PM
They're all doing this now. Where do they get the new workers? I can hardly see a country having enough people, considering how many are now trying it.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:04:24 PM
Yeah, they're doing it here and its completely inexcusable in my eyes. My almighty dollar has spoken.

Darth Viscera
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:16:03 PM
The feds should speak up too. All these companies that are outsourcing en masse need to be told that terminating tens of thousands of American jobs is something they'll regret doing down the road, maybe slap down a $15,000 annual outsourcing tax for every American job that's exported.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:26:42 PM
"hey great work guys. Over the past few years, our business has been doing great, and i just wanted to say that you guys are the reason. Oh and um, by march a third of you are fired. Have a nice day."

And imagine what customer service is gonna be like the next few months. If I were one of the ones losing my job, id tell people to do some much wrong stuff......

"My internet connections laggy."

"Format your hard drive."

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:44:49 PM
Dell found out how much having support people in India does not work.

The feds should have it pointed out how it reduces their tax base

"This is the kind of move that Wall Street applauds because it cuts costs, but that doesn't mean it's always a good move for customers," Kagan said. - And Earthlink should have this slammed into their heads. Without customer service, people will leave. Less revenue. Stupid them.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:01:13 PM
The woman I talked to who took my termination order sounded both pleased and filled with trepidation.

She was pleased because some Americans like myself are willing to stand for something other than corporate rape, and filled with trepidation because she was about to be canned. She told me thank you for my support. Lady, best of luck to you, wherever you are.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:20:09 PM
Such is the effect of greed. It's incredibly sad. Not to mention pitiful. And pathetic. The list goes on.