PDA

View Full Version : Barfly: Shattered Silence (Complete)

Xyver Khale
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:01:17 AM
1:37 p.m. - Coruscant - Angry Sow Tavern

*He sat quietly in the corner, drinking a coffee and watching the bar scene unfold, he'd done it a hundred times before, watching the show that revealed itself, and more so feeling the emotions of the people around him. But this was the first time he'd felt guilty. What that Jedi had said, that by reading other people's emotions without permission he was being just as intrusive as she had been speaking into his mind, it bothered him, more than he figured it should actually. He hadn't asked for this ability, it was simply... there, and no matter how hard he'd tried when younger, when he first developed it, when the feelings were overwhelming, the anger, the fear, the joy... he hadn't been able to shut them off. Instead he'd shut off himself, killed almost all of his own emotions, it dulled the noise of what he felt.

He looked down into his coffee and let out a long drawn out sigh. And what had she meant by he was a puzzle?*

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 06:47:25 PM
Well, there might be one small difference in the show with the arrival of a man in blue, a cigarette hanging from his lips as he lit it up with a silver liter, taking a deep draught off of it before setting the liter back inside his front pocket. Not much emotion coming off this man, more of an easy feeling that matched his slow walk through the tavern, his eyes lazily scanning over each participant and thinking about who would be likely to get a few creds off of for a job. Transporting someone offworld? Shipping illegal cargo? He didn't care at this point...
Eyes hesitated over the man in the corner...He looked like someone that might need to get away from something, so he took a puff of the cigarette as he contemplated, then spoke in his direction.
-----"Now if ever there was a fellow that had a look of complete exhaustion of the world around him, you'd run a close second."

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 06:59:57 PM
*He'd been glancing down at his coffee when the man walked in, and hadn't felt him. The man was a bit like him it seemed, his emotions confined. People in the bar were starting to turn and stare, which he didn't care much for, that led to questions, and questions weren't good. He motioned the man over just to get him to sit down and shut up.*

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:03:48 PM
His easy gait drew him to the counter, pulling a chair up and sitting in it backwards, resting his hands on the backrest.
----"I do believe we have not been introduced. Name's Bari." He said politely, offering a hand to him.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:09:06 PM
*it was only polite to return it, so he took the man's hand and shook.*

"What is it I can help you with 'Bari'... and my name's Xyver."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:12:59 PM
----"Xyver, has an odd ring to it, but then I don't judge people by the rings or bells hanging around'em. You look like someone who needs to get away from it all, seems to me like you've had a world o' trouble around you for a time not much of your liking. You own a ship?" He asked, his tone pleasant and friendly.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:23:50 PM
*he sighed a bit and shook his head taking another sip of his coffee*

"I see now."

*He looked at the man in the eyes*

"I'm not interested."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:27:09 PM
----"In a trip offworld? I didn't think you were." He shrugged, blowing a small puff of smoke to the ceiling.
----"No, I figured you need more someone to discuss stuff with than a ride. So, let's begin. What's got you broodin' over a mug o' coffee? Bet it's a girl."

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:28:55 PM
*He stared at the man* "No, that's exactly what I'm not interested in."

*He put some cred chips on the table and got up*

"Good day, Bari."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:30:50 PM
----"Your call, but if I was you I'd look for some back up with the storm you'll be headin' through." Bari shrugged, picking up Xyver's coffee cup and taking a swig himself.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:33:19 PM
*He stopped, half rolling his eyes*

"What do you mean by storm?"

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:35:46 PM
---"Well when it comes to women, ANNNNYYYthing you say can end up gettin' you tossed around like an X-wing in a Plasma storm. I have experience in the area of interpreting the female species....plus a few other genders that I never dreamed of, but I'd prefer to leave that particular part of the subject alone." He shrugged, finishing off the coffee.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 07:36:56 PM
"I never said it was about a woman, nor is it. Now as I said, good day Bari."

*He turned and began to walk out again*

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:01:46 PM
----"Of course it's a woman. It's always about a woman in one way or another. Good luck." Bari muttered as he walked off, setting the mug down.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:06:06 PM
*He sighed again, maybe he did need a change, some time to clear his head. He stopped and caught the man's shoulder as he started to walk by.*

"You know, actually I could use a trip offworld."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:08:37 PM
----"Of course. Any place in particular you're looking to visit or you just want to blow with the cosmic dust for a spell?" Bari asked, slipping a pair of sunglasses tinted yellow over his nose.

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:09:56 PM
"Second option."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:12:17 PM
---"Well, it's lookin' like your luck's goin' up, because that's what I specialize in. You don't mind if we end up doin' some.....questionable shipping jobs though, right? Got to keep the tank filled."

Xyver Khale
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:13:13 PM
"Doesn't matter to me, but Bari, just so you know..."

*He started towards the door*

"I don't like conversation."

Bari Wedoru
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:14:37 PM
---"Funny, neither do I unless it's business related." And that was the last thing he said for a good while, all the way to the spaceport.