PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to need ALL your help.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 12th, 2004, 02:30:52 PM
Okay, now that I have your attention, there's something I'd like to say.

As most of you know, I write and draw, and occasionally put those two together. Well, I'm not coming up on one of my most ambitious projects to date. I am going to write, draw, color and letter a comic book of my own.

Now, a lot of you who read comics breze through the standard 22-page issue in under five minutes, and don't give a lot of the work involved a second thought. Comics take a lot of work. Most artist produce only a page to a page and a half a day, and that's their full time job. Oh, and that's just a penciller or and inker, often there will be one penciller, one inker, one letterer and maybe a few colorists. I'm going to be doing it all myself, and to a level above most currently produces comics. So you see my dilemna.

I have a great desire to get an eight-page mini-comic done by February 27'th, and I'll be showing it to the guys at Dark Horse Comics on the 29'th. (Yes, this year is a leap year, there is a 29'th.) But, I am also in college full-time, and work full-time at the moment, too. But, that might not be for long as my store is closing on February 28th, and I need to find another job before then because I'm poor and need to have an income.

So, as you see, I don't have a lot of free time. Whenever you see me online, I'm most likeley also reading a book for homework, or tooling around in Photoshop on a new project, or working on my book with Andrew (Kale, to most of you.). If I'm going to get this comic done on time, I'm going to need to use all of my free time to do it, and that's where you come in.

Hound me.

Yes, hound me, yell at me, demand progress reports and generally bug the heck out of me to get it done. If I get mad, it's working. Make sure I don't jsut idly chat with you on IM, or if I'm watching a movie, tell me to turn it off. It's going to take a lot of hard work for me to get this done, but please, do anything you can to help me stay on track. I'll upload the whole comic when its done so you all can see it, too.

Thanks,

Mitch.

ReaperFett
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:06:16 PM
Dark Horse eh? Good luck, hope it goes well :D

Silus Xilarian
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:26:07 PM
Im so gonna abuse this request >D

Sejah Haversh
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:31:09 PM
You better. That goes for the rest of you, too.

If Dark Horse won't take me, I am at least going to go after Radio Comix.

Jordana Montegue
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:59:46 PM
:) Well, I wish you the best of luck. Now get off of swfans and get to work! :p

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:44:23 PM
:lol Sejah, I hereby promise to annoy you to death.

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:10:18 PM
But Bankie, you're just the inker.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:28:12 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
But Bankie, you're just the inker.

:lol

"I'm gonna trace a chalk outline around your dead body!"

Sejah Haversh
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:46:25 AM
As an addednum to my request, I'd liek to take the opportunity to say that homework comes before the comic for me.

If I say I'm working on homework, stop bugging me.

Thanks.

And, no, I won't lie about doing homework. Trust me.

Hart
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:30:04 AM
Will it be a Star Wars-themed comic?

Sejah Haversh
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:40:53 AM
No, it's purely of my own creation. (Well, with a little influence from a setting in the book Andrew and I are writing.)

I'll doodle up some more complex storyboards for you all to see, if I get the time. Right now I'm hard at work on the first page, and it's a full-page graphic, so it's got a lot of detail.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:18:59 AM
Forget us and the storyboards! Get to work! :lol

When it's published, we'll all buy 5 copies and we'll never need the storyboards. So get cracking!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:13:42 PM
Lion speaks the truth. Good luck Mitch, and you'll do fine as long as you keep your cold wet nose to the grindstone.

Wait, do Nehantites have cold wet noses?

ReaperFett
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:19:15 PM
If they sneeze.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:38:35 PM
ba dum bum

ReaperFett
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:40:09 PM
Sorry :D

Sejah Haversh
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:24:23 AM
Okay, you guys have been great, and I've gotten the layout of page 1 done, and the pencils for page 2 finished. Page three is being started now.

Sorry, but at the moment I can't send scans because I'm working on oversized paper, and don't want to take the time to scan and stich them together until I get the finished pencils done. I will show them off when I'm done, though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:26:13 AM
Congrats!:D

ReaperFett
Jan 19th, 2004, 12:10:58 PM
What are you doing here telling us? WORK! WORK! WUPPAH! WORK! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:56:15 PM
wuppah? O_o

ReaperFett
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:58:16 PM
I don't own a whip, so I just shout the sound effect :)

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2004, 02:02:35 PM
It's yiddish. Fett's going all "Doug the Head" on us.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2004, 02:03:21 PM
hee hee you said doug the head :p

ReaperFett
Jan 20th, 2004, 02:23:31 PM
:lol