PDA

View Full Version : The Other Side of the Coin

Mr Dust
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:15:43 PM
The shuttle bay is all but empty as the two Jedi arrive. Mr. Dust is arrayed in his typical uniform; dark suit, bowler, and tie. The Jedi accompanying him, however, is in clothing which is anything but normal for him. Dust had been allowed to choose a Jedi to accompany him, and had chosen this master. Master Akrabbim Melchizan.

Dust knew of Akrabbim, but by reputation alone. He was reputed to be an illusionist of no mean ability, and his fighting prowess were said to be, though somewhat brutal, quite effictive. As well, though he was known to be very unforgiving when dealing with Dark Siders, he was also known to be very loyal to friends. So, Dust had sought him out. When he found him, he was not sure what to say. The master is much shorter than the tall, gaunt Dust. And the penetrating gaze from those blue eyes was more than a bit unnerving on their first meeting. However, Akrabbim had been more than accomodating. Once he learned of Dust's intended destination and of his fear for his betrothed, he seemed more than willing to accompany the newly made knight. Once the agreements and preparations were made, Akrabbim began to question Dust about the Lupines. With his questions finally exhausted, Dust took his leave and went to prepare as well.

And now, they have arrived. Akrabbim, as per their agreement, has come in disguise. He wears a large brown robe, cowl pullled low over his head. He answers to the name "Brother Themarric", a supposed Jedi Knight proficient in healing. Dust had wondered at the man's request for disguise, but so glad is he for the man's agreement, he does not press the issue. They settle in to wait for Ice and the Lupine.

Well, Brother Themarric... it seems we are early. Once more, I thank you for joining me. Your skills may be useful on this journey.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:36:49 PM
The Jedi Master follows the tall knight, slightly behind him. He walks with head bowed and hands in his sleeves, looking every bit like the humble, healing Brother Themarric. When Dust had come asking his help, he had been more than willing to join the man. It was obvious the man was afraid for his soon-to-be wife, and with good reason. As the man unfolded his proposition, Akrabbim could not help but remember his own homeworld. The darkness, the infighting... the pure hatred... the memories were all to clear. Akrabbim had promised himself that he would never allow the darkness to win as long as his body draws breath.

So, here he is. True, he could have just told the man not to go, to keep his mate from leaving. But he also knew this was impossible. Obviously, the woman in question had made up her mind, or Dust wouldn't have been willing to search out Akrabbim. So, Akrabbim agreed, but on his own terms. The first of which was to be in disguise. Even if none of the Lupines know who he is, he would still rather them not know his true nature until it was too late.

The second and more important preparation he made is not known even to Dust. As soon as Dust left his quarters, he sought out Sanis Prent. Though he is known as a rogue to most, Sanis does have his uses. After some negotiations, Akrabbim procured several items which should be helpful if fights should arise. First, he had his shuriken coated in silver, and had silver added to the sides and back of both katanas. The shuriken are now much duller, but the silver should more than make up for that lack. On the swords, the blades were left uncovered so as to retain their edge. The silver on the sides, however, should still burn well enough. Though the coatings will probably not survive more than a few battles, it should be enough to allow them to make a return trip. As well, he has a few handfuls of silver-coated caltrops and a several metsubishi-filled capsules. Usually, these easily broken containers contain a blinding power. But in this situation, he has chosen to fill them with something much more powerful: cortosis dust. Rounding out the compliment of armaments is a set of grenades. He only carries grav-field generators and thermal detonators. He figures anything else would be of little use.

His final purchase was several vials of a bacta-based salve and bacta-soaked bandages. Akrabbim does not have any healing ability himself, so if he were asked to demonstrate his healing abilities, he must be able to do so. All this material is stowed on his belt and under his rather voluminous robe. When Mr. Dust speaks, he answers in a slightly altered voice, bowing as he does.

Think nothing of it, good sir knight. I am more than willing to give aid when my healing abilities are required.

hGozomi
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:31:13 PM
She hadn't neede too much time to pack at all - in fact, the only possessions she brought with her wer stored in a small duffel which was thrown over her shoulder. She'd never needed much in the way of materialistic possessions, and so it was rather easy for her to be up and out the door in a reasonable amount of time. Less than an hour after recieving Nzambi's message of where and when to meet, the albino was taking the elevator down to the first floor of her hotel.

After that, it was a short aircab ride to the hanger she'd been asked to meet the Lupine at. Of course, she'd sent the place and time to meet the ship to Mr. Dust, knowwing that he would be there - along with whoever he'd chosen to ask along.

Stepping into the small shuttle bay/hanger she let her eyes wander to take in the interior - the ship which sat within its confines wasn't what she'd expected it to be - it was a little larger than she'd thought it would be, and while it certainly showed signs of age, looked to still be able to outrun some of the newer ships out in space these days.

She spotted Dust, along with the individual he'd brought with him; Nzambi was nowhere to be seen yet, and so hGozomi took the moment to begin heading in the direction of the Guardian, her footfalls light and almost near silent. She had no idea who Mr. Dust had chosen to bring with him, and her curiosity was just a little piqued to find out who it was that stood next to her love. As she neared them, she saw Dust turn, and offering an easy smile, she hitched her duffel up a little higher on her shoulder.

Nzambi
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:40:56 PM
The pilot she'd asked to take them to Schwartzweld hadn't arrived yet, and Nzambi was starting to get just a little unhappy. The albino and her Guardian friend - along with whoever he'd chosen to bring with him, were there already. But the one person who would be taking them to where they needed to go, was not here. And that irked the Lupine to no end.

With a curse, Nzambi palmed the hatchrelease that allowed the boarding ramp to lower, and even before it'd hit the deck, she stalked down its length, eyes taking in the three individuals gathered in the bay.

Mr Dust
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:21:34 PM
At the sight of his bethrothed, Mr. Dust's countenance immediately brightens. He moves toward her, taking her hands in his own.

My love! It is good to see you once again.

He moves close to his future mate, whispering in her ear.

My dear... you know that I wish... I wish this trip was not necessary. I, for one, would much prefer to simply Bond with you now. But, as well, I understand that there are some things you simply must do. If you agree to forgo this trip, I would be more than happy. But if you feel you must journey to their homeworld, I will be there by your side.

He embraces her quickly, and kisses her gently on the cheek. He pulls back and smiles at her, face full of love and devotion.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:40:21 PM
If there was one bright spot to being who she was, it was that she didn't get hangovers. For that she was grateful. But, when you wake up at the time you're supposed to actually be somewhere - and still drunk, sometimes things were just a little harder.

This was the second time she and Darren had pulled their little "let's drink as much as we can and do something completely stupid" stunt, andwhile the first time had been absolutely priceless, this time it was straight up annoying. She couldn't remember what'd happened, and it bugged her. Enough, in fact, that as she stumbled from the cab at the bay which Nzambi had tld her about, she neglected to tip the cabbie. An angry look was all she recieved, and without so much as a huff, the Lupine began making her way to the entrance of the hanger.

She had no idea why the other Lupine woman wanted her to pilot a ship to Schwartzweld - hell, she didn't even know where the place was. At least Nzambi would provide the coordinates, thankfully.

And so, stalking, half drunk, into the hanger, she failed to notice the three individuals standing near the ship she was to fly. Hands stuffed into the pockets of her trousers, s'Il let out a sigh, tired eyelids either on the deck below her boots or the ship in front of her.

This trip had better be worth it. Even if she was going to be paid for it, it'd still better be worth having to get out of bed the morning after a night out drinking with Darren Caerdeth.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 12th, 2004, 12:11:22 AM
Akrabbim leaves the couple to chat and begins to take note of his surroundings. Though they are alone for the moment, he can see that others are beginning to straggle in. One female comes toward them, which, by her description, is probably Nzambi. He spies another woman stumbling in, seemingly drunk. Since no one else is anywhere around, he can only assume that this woman must be the pilot.

Now that all the players are in the game, Akrabbim begins to prepare tactically. Since the Lupine picked the pilot, he can at least assume the pilot is somewhat of an ally with the Lupine. The pilot may even BE a Lupine, but he won't be able to verify that for the time being. He sits back and waits, letting the situation plays out for itself.

hGozomi
Jan 12th, 2004, 12:28:16 AM
She smiled at Mr. Dust's words, and a simple nod was all that was his answer - thanking him for his understanding in this endeavor. She couldn't help the look of gratitude in her eyes as she looked up at him, and the albino grasped his hand in hers.

"Thank you," she whispered.

Her eyes went to the man Dust had brought with him then, and she sidled close to the Guardian as another entered the hanger. She recognized the woman - even though she'd never met Lok s'Ilancy, she'd heard about the lupine, and she knew that Dust had encountered her before. For now though, she was just a little more curious about the man Dust had brought with him.

She inclined her head to the robed figure.

"Who did you bring?"

Nzambi
Jan 12th, 2004, 12:33:11 AM
Her passengers were momentarily forgotten as Nzambi caught site of s'Il, and she couldn't help but let out a huff of near-anger. The woman had the gall to not only show up late, but drunk as well!!! With a growl, the Lupine headed for the other woman as she made her own way towards the boarding ramp.

The stranger Dust had brought with him registered in her peripheral vision, but at the moment, she had more pressing matters, and that was getting her fellow Lupine into the ship and infront of the controls. Hopefully the woman wasn't too drunk to find the throttle and control yoke.

Hopefully.

"You're late," she growled coming up to s'Il, "I trust you're not too innebriated to find the pilot's chair."

Mr Dust
Jan 12th, 2004, 11:51:15 PM
His smile widens at his bethrothed, and he squeezes her hands gently as he pulls away. He turns toward Akrabbim to introduce him, under his assumed name, to Ice. He extends one hand toward the man.

This is Brother Themarric. He is a Knight in my order, and skilled in the arts of healing. I thought that his abilities may be useful, should anything happen on our journey.

Akrabbim bows at the introduction. Dust's attention is quickly drawn to the newcomer. s'Ilancy?

s'Ilancy? Are you the pilot?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:17:47 AM
Standing before Nzambi, s'Il gave a slight hiccup before turning to look at who'd called her name, and she gave him a slight, five-fingered wave accompanied by a ginger smile. A sharp growl and shove from Nzambi brought her attention back to forward though, and lifting her hands to dust off the front of her shirt, she looked up to the other Lupine. Nzambi was a good deal taller than her, but s'Il didn't rightly care. She stood toe to toe with her, Lupine to Lupine, before speaking - her voice light-hearted and speech just a tad slurred.

"Hands off, Z. I'm expensive goods, you know. So just as long as you watch your teeth, I'll watch mine. Comprende?"

The taller woman backed down.

With a lopsided grin, s'Il stepped forward to the ship. She knew the reason for Nzambi's aquiescance, and while it was nice to know she was respected in a way, the Lupine didn't particularly enjoy using her status, so to speak, to win an argument. Even if it was one she didn't start. But, all thoughts on the matter vanished as she made the short walk to where Dust and his two companions stood.

"Me? Pilot this thing?" she smirked. "What's the matter, Mr. Dust, afraid I'll fly you and your friends into a star?

"I'm not that bad, I'll have you know. Anyways. What in the world possessed you, of all people, to take a trip to Schwartzweld? I haven't even been there," a thumb was jerked behind her to indicate Nzambi, "... and my bloods been hot longer than hers has," she grinned, hands then burying themselves in the pockets of her trousers.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:46:31 AM
Akrabbim bows to the albino and makes a few pleasantries, but makes sure to pay attention to what the new arrival. After listening to her comments, he realizes that the is also a Lupine. Not that he was suprised, but it is still nice to have his suspicions confirmed.

He continues to remain in the background. The less he is noticed by the others, the better. That way, if a fight breaks out...

...they'll never know what hit 'em.

hGozomi
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:55:06 AM
She knew that Mr. Dust and s'Ilancy knew eachother, from both past fights and past shared drinks. hGozomi herself had never met the Lupine, and her eyes took in the woman, surprised at her small stature and lithe frame. Even the way she spoke wasn't what she'd expected, and hGozomi kept her white eyes on s'Il's metallic orbs.

She stayed silent though - not wanting to interrupt Mr. Dust before he could answer the Lupine's query.

Instead, she busied herself with watching, occasionally letting her eyes drift toward the other Knight.

Nzambi
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:03:07 AM
As indignant as she was, Nzambi held a degree of respect for Lok s'Ilancy. After all. s'Il was the one who'd turned her in the first place, and the Lupine, while not often showing it was grateful for it. That, and s'Il had been the first of the new generation of Lupines - a dubious position at best. Nzambi did find it odd though, how s'Il acted, drifting from one place to the other, associating with common drunks and theives. To her, it just didn't make sense. She would have to ask Diego about it when they got to Schwartzweld.

But until then, she would keep her thoughts to herself.

As it was, it seemed the other Lupine knew the Guardian, and Nzambi watched with growing curiosity at the exchanged words between the two.

Mr Dust
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:16:38 AM
He turns and tips his hat to the diminuitive Lupine, smirking slightly.

Madam s'Ilancy, I fear no such thing. I am merely suprised to see you again. Have no fear... no silver coins this time.

He turns to Ms. Ice.

And this is my bethrothed, Ms. Ice. I'm sure you will be a more than adequate pilot.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:43:56 AM
"Silver coins," she muttered in a feigned indignant tone, "that's real cute."

At Dust's introduction of his future wife though, she gave him a surprised stare. "Engaged? You're engaged?"

A silence hung over them as the news sunk in, and the Lupine settled for shaking her head, turning towards the ship.

"He's a real piece of work, that one," she called over her shoulder to Dust's fiance, "Don't let him get away."

Passing by the hooded companion Mr. Dust had brought, she patted his back before lifting her arm over his shoulders, resting it along their length while pulling him with her. Thankfully he was more to her height, and made it easier for her to do such a thing.

"C'mon, Sonny Jim," she started, still half drunk, "you can help me fly this thing - and I'll even tell you 'bout the Pentaveret."

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:54:31 AM
He allows himself to be pulled along by the diminuitve Lupine. At 5'7", Akrabbim is no giant in his own right, but even he seems tall when compared to this small woman. He walks along with her willingly, using this opportunity to learn what he can from her. He falls deep into the role of Brother Themarric, trying to disguise his true nature, just in case.

Well... alright. I would greatly appreciate such an opportunity. To be truthful, I am not well versed in the arts of piloting, though I have always wished to be so. To soar through the cosmos... it sounds quite delightful, I must say.

But... what is this 'Pentaveret' you speak of? I fear I am unfamiliar with it.

hGozomi
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:12:37 PM
A surprised look was sent to the departing Lupine, and the albino was silent for a few moments. s'Ilancy seemed so... nonchalant - much different than Nzambi, and turning to Mr. Dust, she voice the thought.

"I'd heard about her, but I didn't think she was this... well... this nonchalant."

Of course, she had no way of knowing that the first time Dust and s'Il had met, the Lupine had acted much differently.

Nzambi
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:18:30 PM
She'd watched what went on between s'Il and the group of three, and even cocked an eyebrow at the other Lupine as she led the robed Knight up into the ship. She was... different. At least she was here though, and ready to go though, which was all Nzambi could really ask for. She knew s'Il had taken to the robed man instantly - of course her innebriation didn't help matters - but the Lupine seemed to do that regardless. And no doubts the other woman would fill the man's head with some outlandish tale from her imagination.

With a grace given to her by the gift, she headed for the boarding ramp as well, striding up its length behind s'Il and the Knight as the albino and Mr. Dust followed close behind.

Mr Dust
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:43:46 PM
Mr. Dust nods his agreement to Ice.

She is indeed a bit more laid back... but my contact with her was rather brief. Shee seemed aimiable enough when I met with her after our fight, but not quite as laid-back as this. Perhaps it is due to her current... inebriated state.

He slips his arm around Ice's waist and pulls her close to him.

I must be honest... I fear that this trip may turn... dangerous. If it does, please, try to stay close. I know you are competent to hold your own... but if something were to happen to you, I do not believe I would be able to recover from it...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 14th, 2004, 11:26:30 PM
Plopping herself into the pilot's seat, s'Il casually went about starting the preflight sequence as the robed Jedi lowered himself into the co-pilot's chair at her gesture to sit. She remained fairly casual as she went about her duties, and despite the fact that she was still drunk, it was apparent that she knew what she was doing.

As the ship began powering up, she leaned back, content to let it go through it's start-up cycles.

"Well, Sonny Jim," she went on, still calling him by the nickname she'd - even though not catching his name initially - dubbed him with, "its a well known fact that theres a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the galaxy known as... the Pentaveret. Who run everything in the galaxy, including the media, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion on Chandrila, known as... "

A light groan came from behind her as Nzambi passed by, hearing the conversation, but s'Il ignored it.

"... the Meadows."

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:11:28 AM
He nods dutifully, taking it all in. He's not sure if the woman is truly paranoid or if it is simply the alcohol talking, but at least the story is interesting. Perhaps the best thing to do is continue the discussion to see what he can get out of her.

That is indeed very interesting... I was unaware that such a conspiracy exsted. But, I have heard that there are similar conspiracies on Schwartzweld... is that true?

hGozomi
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:34:07 AM
As they stepped into the ship, hGozomi looked up to Dust as he held her close to his side. Biting her lip in the first signs of nervousness, she inhaled a long breath. She knew he was right in his warning, and even though she hoped he wasn't, it was still an unarguable fact that they were going to the heart of his enemy - to Schwartzweld.

She could only pray that he was wrong.

"Not to worry, love, I know that if anything should happen, I will be by you. I only hope it doesn't come to that."

His last words were an echoed sentiment of her own, and she went on.

"If something happened to you, I would never be able to forgive myself for agreeing to go on this journey.

"I wouldn't be able to go on."

Nzambi
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:45:49 AM
s'Il's little story was just what Nzambi thought - a figment of her own wild imagination; an imagination that became much more unruly with the help of alcohol. Even as she'd passed by the cabin, letting out a groan at the tale the other Lupine was spinning, she wondered just how long s'Il would be in the state she was in. It would make things alot more pleasurable, that was for sure.

However, there was something to be said for her stories - they had variety, and Nzambi had to admit chuckling at a few of the wild yarns.

They would be leaving within a few minutes as it was though, and the Lupine busied herself with making her way to the galley.

Mr Dust
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:20:21 AM
He draws her in close to him, making gentle "shushing" sounds in her ear.

Never fear, love... never fear. Have no worries for me. I have been trained in fighting Lupines for sometime. I worry more for you. Your powers have returned, but I know that you must be unfamiliar with them after not having them for so long.

His gaze rises a bit as he glances at Akrabbim.

As well, Brother Themarric accompanies us. Though he seems nothing more than a healer, I am certain that he will be able to help should our situation become dire. I chose him for a reason.

He pulls back a bit and brightens his visage.

But come now... no more dire talk. I assume it must be an honor to meet the high ranking Lupines, especially for non-Lupines like us. So... let us enjoy the trip, shall we? Why, I even brought sandwiches!

He reaches into the bags he brought with him, pulling out some rather crudely made sandwiches.

Care for one?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:46:29 PM
Completely engrossed in her tasks and the tale she was telling, s'Il reached up, flicking a few more switches as the ship came to life, and reaching out to grasp the control throttles, she shot a swift look to the Jedi beside her, taking in his last words with as much thought as she could muster.

"Oh, I don't know," she started, "I've never been there."

And pulling up and back on the throttles, she brought the craft up off the tarmac.

"I hear it's a rather nice place though - " she turned a little in her seat, looking to the Jedi. " - if you can get used to being around people who like raw meat."

Damn I need a drink.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:11:33 PM
His eyes widen a bit as he realizes that their pilot has never even been to the planet of their destination. This gesture, however, is more than covered by his low hood and the glasses he wears beneath it. His eyes glow naturally, and glow brighter when he is agitated. He could have tried to cover his eyes with a light illusion, but it would have been hard to keep up the illusion for that long.

That's very interesting... but... have you heard any rumors about the planet?

hGozomi
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:58:54 PM
hGozomi couldn't help but give Dust an easy smile as he produced the sandwiches he'd obviously spent a great deal of time making. "That's very sweet of you," she grinned, leaning back as the ship rose, clearing the upper docking ring and heading out into Coruscant air-traffic.

Leaning back in her seat, she turned her head to look at Dust. s'Il's chatting was actually quite funny, as the albino caught snippets of the conversation. Something having to do with street races in speeders that didn't have repulsarlifts. For some reason, she found herself interested. She'd never heard of speeders without repulsors, and accepting one of the offered sandwiches, whispered a question.

"Are there really speeders without repulsors?"

Nzambi
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:07:40 PM
As s'Il navigated through the congested skyways, Nzambi had busied herself with making sure all of her gear was stowed securely. Alot of it was supplies, really, but some were weapons - even though she hardly ever carried the things themselves, they were gifts for the most part. Preacher hadn't been with her this time on Coruscant, and she wanted to bring him back some costum blasters and a few new bladed weapons that had caught her eye; one of which was an exotic piece - a telescoping spear that was graceful and deadly all at the same time.

For a few moments, she'd enjoy the solitude of the small cargo area before going back to the others.

Mr Dust
Jan 15th, 2004, 10:28:17 PM
He thinks for several moments before coming to a conclusion. He is sure that he had heard of such contraptions... but where... ah yes! The museum on Coruscant. He relates the information to his betrothed.

It seems that I have heard of such things... they are not used currently, except by collectors. I saw an exhibit featuring them in the Coruscant museum. They are extremely interesting. I must take you there sometime.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 15th, 2004, 10:46:03 PM
She hadn't heard the albino's question, or Mr. Dust's answer - even if she had she wouldn't have really paid them much heed; she was too busy describing the most recent race she'd been in with the Jedi beside her. She'd shrugged off his questions of any sort of rumors she could have heard about Schwartzweld, instead having opted to regail him with tales from the racing circuit.

" - well I tell ye, we run perty good all day long - we did develop a little bit of a push early in the race, brought her in, Booger Jackson wedge in her, she run like a spotted butt-ape after that - had some real good pit stops, had some splash 'n go there towards the end - now we did get in trouble toward the middle of the race - Ricky puked a motor, I got in his oil, I touched Dale there on the backside, but for the most part, the hardees burger king taco bell kentucky fried chicken chevrolet, she's just awesome."

It was all one run-on sentance, and she seemed to pick up a slight twanged accent while speaking, but amazingly enough every word was perfectly understandable.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:48:55 PM
The illusionist listens patiently to this woman's ramblings. One could almost think that she was truly this oblivious to the outside world. However, he is beginning to think she is being unhelpful simply for the sake of doing so. She seems totally out of it, but her sureness of movement as her hands fly over the controls, coupled with the ease in which she handles the Lambda class shuttle gives that away. She does not even break stride in her storytelling as she maneuvers the ship out of the docking bay. Whether she is truly being deceptive or is simple unaware of what she's doing, Akrabbim has every intention of watching her closely.

He instead tries a different tactic. He may be tipping his hand slightly, but it should be easy to cover later.

That is indeed interesting, madam. But speaking of competitions, I have heard that there was once a fight of sorts between yourself and Mr. Dust. I am suprised that you do not have ill-will toward him... I must applaud your forgiving nature.

hGozomi
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:59:03 PM
A slight nod accompanied by an "Oohhh," was all she replied with, and the albino settled back into her seat, content to listen to the conversation between the Lupine and the Jedi. So far, s'Il had proved quite the animated figure, both in body language and words.

Nzambi
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:02:28 AM
Coming up into the cockpit, Nzambi leaned against the doorframe, crossing her arms as she stood behind the rest of those inside. For now she decided to remain silent as s'Il rambled on on about absolutely nothing. In all truthfulness thhough, the taller Lupine found it rather amusing, and had to wonder if the Jedi and the albino had ever been around someone as... different... as s'Il.

Mr Dust
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:04:39 AM
Mr. Dust is absorbed with Ice, simply enjoying looking at her and feeling her in his arms, when he hears Akrabbim mention his name. He fears that the man will reveal his secret too soon, but no matter. He is sure that the Jedi master has more experience at hiding than does he. His ears perk up, though, as he wonders what s'Ilancy's reaction will be.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:11:52 AM
A small amount of surprise fluttered through her mind, but the fight itself had happened a long enought time ago that she honestly had no hard feeling for Dust in anyway. Just the fact that he'd come to apologise meant alot to her, even though she hadn't shown it.

But right now, at this point in time, the Lupine was still feeling the affects of last night, and was itching for more. And as such, her answer was simple, yet most definately not to the point.

"Well I'll tell you what."

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:15:06 AM
Again, the diminuitive Lupine suprises him. He has no idea what she is referring to.

Well, as a matter of fact, you haven't. You've actually said nothing at all about your history with Mr. Dust. I must say, I don't quite follow you.

hGozomi
Jan 16th, 2004, 10:54:12 PM
The albino had to stifle a laugh - the Lupine was apparently throwing the robed Jedi off balance, and she couldn't help but find the situation funny. But, from some of what she'd heard about when Dust had fought her, some things just weren't making sense. Was this the same Lupine that had threatened to tear her betrothed apart?

Looking to Mr. Dust, she couldn't help but whisper a question. "What was she like when you fought her? Certainly not like this?"

Nzambi
Jan 16th, 2004, 10:56:29 PM
hGozomi might not have laughed, but Nzambi did - albeit softly, and more of a snort than anything, really. The robed Jedi was apparently being given the runaround by s'Il, and it was confusing the dickens out of him. Amusing, in its own way.

She caught the albino's question though, and briefly her attention was focused on the Guardian and what his answer would be.

Mr Dust
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:10:12 PM
He ponders for a moment, staring at the Lupine.

Indeed, she was not. She was, however, much more ready to fight. I must say that I was not totally innocent. I did goad her a bit. But she seemed more than willing to begin the fight, and I fought as best I could. She was rescued by Diego, who was much less than kind toward me.

I did go to apologize for my rash behavior toward her, and she had indeed meen amenable. As to why she is acting so strangely now... I have no idea.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:33:56 PM
The Lupine sent a befuddled stare to the Jedi beside her, tipping the yoke a little to the left to avoid rearending a speeder. It was a deft move, and it was easily apparent that s'Il could handle the craft as easily as if it was an extension of herself. Which, in a way, she considered it.

"I just told you."

There was a slight silence, then she went on after a sigh, her final answer brutally simple as she angled the shuttle down and to the side.

"He apologized."

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:37:18 PM
After all her bantering about and trying to twist words, she finally gives him a usable answer.

I... see. Is that all that was required? I am still honestly suprised that you do not hold a grudge.

hGozomi
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:23:07 PM
That was all?? An apology?? The albino started at the back of the Lupine's head, shock written on her features. For all of s'Il's bantering and apparent lunacy, all it'd taken for her to not hold anything against Mr. Dust was an apology?

She turned her eyes to Dust then, surprise still on her face as she mouthed the words, An apology??

Nzambi
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:25:38 PM
Nzambi too, was a little surprised. She hadn't quite expected for an apology to suffice - it wouldn't have with her, at any rate. And once again, the smaller Lupine's logic confounded her. She'd heard about how off-kilter s'Il was, and even after this most recent show of arriving drunk from the previous night, her words were still surprising.

"You should be so lucky," she mumbled to Dust.

Mr Dust
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:57:02 PM
Mr. Dust shrugs helplessly at the comment.

I must say, I do not know. Though... the apology was indeed heartfelt. We seemed to come to an understanding.

He ponders for a bit and begins wondering...

Actually, Miss s'Ilancy... why DID you forgive me so easily?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:01:50 PM
Turning to look at him, s'Il managed to look back just in time to narrowly miss an oncoming freightspeeder. The shuttle dipped a little before the Lupine took it into a steep climb. If she'd been flying anything else, s'Il would have taken the liberty of cutting her corners even closer, and maybe even flying up the side of a building as if she were scaling it. But she refrained from that, instead making for clearer skies.

"Oh, you know," she started, "decency and all that stuff that your kind like to adhere to.

"I like to think i can be reasonable sometimes too."

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:07:33 PM
Akrabbim watches the interchange and takes in as much information as he can. He settles back in the seat and awaits their arrival on the homeworld of the Lupines.

hGozomi
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:49:57 PM
hGozomi gave the back of the Lupine's head an odd look, then turned her eyes back to Nzambi, obvious confusion written in her features. Was Lok s'Ilancy always like this?

Or was it simply the after-effects of her apparent drinking binge the night before? The albino was just a little thrown off by the simple answers their pilot had given, and in the back of her mind, she silently wondered how anyone could be that way - so laid back and unconcerned about the troubles that plagued the galaxy these days.

Nzambi
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:52:00 PM
"Don't look at me," came the mumbled response, Nzambi rolling her eyes. s'Il's comment was pretty much on par with what was to be expected of her... it was a wonder the other Lupine was even still alive.

Mr Dust
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:42:11 PM
He nods to the small Lupine.

Indeed, you can be most reasonable...

Under his breath, he mutters...

... as long as you're sober, that is...

He sits back and settles in, pulling his betrothed near him just as the the ship enters hyperspace. At least this trip isn't planned to be too terribly long...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:57:47 PM
continued here (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9225)