PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur trailer is online

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:12:30 AM
In case anybody is interested

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/kingarthur.html

Still not sure about this I would actually prefer to go with the magical version of Arthur, because the factual version is hard to figure out (there is a debate if he was a briton or a roman for example). And besides Lancelot, Galahad and Guienvier for that matter probably didn't exist with the real Arthur they were all added later by romantic writers in the later middle ages.

Charley
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:25:53 AM
Looks great to me. I'll be there.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:28:12 AM
I might go see just because I like King Arthur it is just different for me that is all because I prefer the legendary/mythical version a little more.

Luna Eclypse
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:31:17 AM
It looks awsome! Can't wait to see it!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:07:23 AM
It looks good. I'm not sure I like the choice of actor for Merlin, but we'll see.

Jinn Fizz
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:19:36 AM
Looks like it might very well be worth seeing to me...I too have been a great fan of the Arthur legend for as long as I can remember. When my mother and I toured England years ago, I was very excited that Glastonbury was a stop on the tour...this is the city in England that is believed to be Arthur's Avalon, and it's also where the remains of who is believed to have been Arthur and his queen (presumably Guinevere) were unearthed. I always like seeing the reality behind great myths. :)

This Arthur movie, though, will have to pretty damn good to beat my favorite Arthur movie of all time, Excalibur. I love that movie. :)

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:08:04 AM
I like Sam Niell as Merlin.