PDA

View Full Version : Silver Strides: The Beginning

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:41:32 PM
Yasmin Le’Kray sat in a large open room with her sister Quay’Na. Everything had been prepared, they had ads on all the local halo-nets for several weeks now. Yasmin was looking for a staff. Silver Strides was in the works, they had looked at several buildings and were coming down to the final choices, now all Yasmin needed was a staff.

Yasmin looked to her sister, it felt as she was looking in the mirror, only Quay’Na had longer hair. Yasmin was dressed in a different fashion than she was used to, business attire. Before this, Yasmin business attire consisted of a thong, not much more. Yasmin had gone from stripper to business owner. With the help of her sister, father and friends, Yasmin had done a full 180. Now, instead of being a victim of the entertainment industry, Yasmin decided to take hold of it and open up her own nightclub.

She had dreams of her up-scale night club being crowded full of Corusant’s finest men and woman. A quiet dining area off to one side and a dance floor scattered with table and surrounded by a bar. A main stage raised off the ground for concert and anything else she could have going on in the club. Several smaller stages grouped around for other side shows.

Yasmin could not help but let out a small squeal thinking about her future in Silver Strides. She looked over to Quay’Na and reached for her hand and squeezed it. “Thanks so much for all your help, Quay. I could not have pulled this off with out you and Dad.”

OOC: Wait til Quay posts and I post once more before you post. Thanks!

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:59:39 PM
Quay'Na gave her sister a smile. "I will always be there for you, you're my sister. My twin sister, the very sister that stood up for me in my wedding. I won't ever forget that, Yasmin." She put an arm around her sister and gave her a hug. "I'm very proud of you, I hope you know that and Dad is too."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:09:22 PM
Yasmin beamed. "Thanks Quay and I know." She sat back in her chair for a moment with a sigh. Things had been working out perfectly. Now, all that she could do it wait. She looked down at her chrono. 9:50 a.m. On all the ads she put 10 a.m. hopefully people would start arriving soon. "Only about ten minutes. Oh, I hope that people respond." She said getting nervous.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:12:23 AM
A'jorrah was more than a little excited. She had read about the help wanted ad in the paper and was promptly at the location at 9:55.

She had chosen a dark navy blue business suit and matching pumps. She was ready as she walked in with a small briefcase and sunglasses.

Her application was neatly tucked away. With a smile she retrieved it and gave it to the two ladies at the table and then took a seat.

Application
Name: A'jorrah Mazzic
Race: human
Address: Suite 3604 at the Garden Palace, West Coruscant
Comm Number: 243-9658

Position and availability: Bartender-anytime

Prior Experience: Joe's Pub for 4 years

References (atleast two):Falcon Gyndar-Jedi Order/ Amiee Wilson-comm# 243-6756

Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?: No.
If yes, explain.

Questions/Comments; None

Jordana Montegue
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:23:10 AM
She'd been out of work for nearly a full year now. With her unemployment benefits about to expire, Jordana hit the pavement once more in search of a job. At this point, she'll take just about anything.

Though she has only herself to care for, it's been rough. It's been so rough during this past year, she actually considered turning tricks just to make money! Numerous cut backs have created a steady increase in the unemployment rate. Jordana is lucky in one way - she still has her apartment. If it could be called that.

Located in the slum area of the residential district, its the best she can do as far as housing goes. Though the building should have been condemned and destroyed long ago, it still stands - barely. Plastic covers her windows to keep the drafts and cold winds out. She spends hours scrubbing the floors, countertops, etc but it doesn't seem to make a dent in the decaying wood or stained, abused formica counters.

Still - its a roof over her head.

Sipping at a steaming mug of cafe and reading the want ads in the local newspaper, Jordana takes a break from circling endless ads to look out the window. People - business men and women, mothers and fathers, new graduates from the University - bustling about their daily lives in the rush to get to work. With a sigh, she silently envies them for they have purposes in life.

A drop out at the age of seventeen, she was once a mother; however, a rare illness claimed the life of her son when he was at the tender age of six months. The infant's father never stuck around once Jordana told him that she was pregnant; he took off faster than a Dug at the Boonta Eve Pod Race.

Jordana's dreams have taken a back seat as she's gone from one meaningless job to the next, until finally she had one she could honestly claim to like. Without warning, the company went bankrupt and all employees were fired. No severance pay, no lay off's - just fired.

A strong gust of wind blows a piece of paper up against the window, making Jordana jump with a start in the booth seat.

NOW HIRING

That's all she needed to see. Like a flash, she slides out of the booth and hurries out the door, catching the flier before the wind could carry it up and away.

Eagerly, she reads over the advertisement and suddenly her heart fills with hope.

"This is it! I'm positive I can get hired here."

A gentleman passing by gave her a strange look but Jordana hardly noticed. Instead, happy over the prospect of landing a job, she grabs the man by his cheeks and plants a big, wet kiss upon his lips.

"Today is going to be a great day! I can feel it!"

The gentleman, though he did enjoy the kiss, gave her a wide berth and hurried along his way, swiping the lipstick off of his lips with the corner of his handkerchief.

With a smile gracing her face, Jordana dashes back inside of the cafe, tosses some coins onto the table and scoops up her purse; stuffing the flier into the side pocket. Bolting out of the door, she scurries along like a mouse fleeing a chasing cat, seeking out this new place seeking staff.

Several city blocks later, not too mention a few new bruises from bumping into people and getting bumped into, she finds it. A glance to the flier, then up to the address confirms it. She's made it.

Entering, she glances around, noticing someone seated behind a small desk.

"Pardon me, Miss. Is this where I should be to apply for a position?"

"Yes ma'am, it is. Welcome to Silver Strides. Just fill this out and have a seat in the other room. Someone will be with you once your application is read over."

Jordana does as instructed, taking the application and clipboard with pen attached to one of the vacant chairs. Once seated and settled, she scans over the paper then begins filling in the information required.

Name: Jordana Montegue

Race: Human

Address: 933 Tempest Street #6b

Comm Number: 555-4242D

Position and availability: Hostess or waitress - Open availability

Prior Experience: Waitress for 2 years at the Corellian Cafe on Nar Shaddaa; cashier at the mini mart on Corellia for 4 years,

References (atleast two): Diedritch Drundall, Corellian Cafe Manager. Travis Gorhughes, Mini Mart Manager.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?: No
If yes, explain.

Questions or Comments: None at this time.

Jordana re-reads over her responses, making sure every i is dotted and every t is crossed. Satisfied, she returns the application to the woman seated behind the small desk and proceeds to the waiting room where she strolls around a bit, checking out the decor and the artwork hung on the walls. Noticing that there was another warm body in the room, Jordana smiles over to the woman as she takes a seat and folds her hands together; resting them upon her knees.

(OOC: Jordana is a newly created char for this rp, so I made up the names of the references)

Shade Magus
Jan 11th, 2004, 05:36:48 PM
Shade walked into the building and looked around. He assumed this was the place. A few days ago he had talked to a young woman about getting a job at a new bar. It would be good for him and give him a chance to get out more while making a little bit of money.

"Well........this can't be that hard could it?"

He was speaking to himself as he walked up to a lady behind a desk and asked for an application. Being a Jedi most of his life he had never had to apply for a job, but how hard could it be? Traveling with his father most of his life he had nothing to do but travel to different worlds while his father dealt with Jedi buisness. So he learned how to make drinks from all the worlds just so when he threw a party it would be one to remember, but tht was long ago before he became a Jedi Knight. Now he might be able to put those talents to good use, or he could become a bouncer and protect everyone. He would just have to wait and see.

Name:Shade Magus
Race:Human
Address:Greater Jedi Order Room #2735
Comm Number:294-2524

Position and availability:Bouncer or Bartender- almost anytime

Prior Experience:Jedi Knight and volunteered at many bars when father was a Jedi Knight

References (atleast two):Falcon Gyndar of the Jedi Order, Verse Dawnstrider of the Jedi Order

Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?:No
If yes, explain.N/A

Questions or Comments:None at this time

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:59:24 PM
A knock came and soon the part time secretary entered with a handfull of applications. Yasmin glanced down at her chrono, 9:55 and three applicants already! Things were looking good. Yasmin squeled again and beamed over to Quay. WIth a small laugh she straightened up her apperance and attitude. She cleared her throat. "Send in the first applicant Clara." She winked over to Quay as Clara left and returned with a beautiful young woman. Yasmin glanced over her application real quick. "Good morning, Ms. Mazzic. Have a seat." She nodded to a chair sitting across from Quay and Yasmin.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:10:58 AM
A'jorrah had smiled and nodded a greeting to the two other applicants.

It wasn't too long before she was called in and took a seat across from the owners she presumed...identical twins...

The only difference was the way they dressed, one was dressed trendy and the other....was a Jedi.

Now, this was a bit strange, when do Jedi open a new bar? Silly thought, what was Yogs?

"Thank you, ladies." A'jorrah smiled as she sat down.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:20:40 AM
Name: Jame Kaman Dar ( DJ Raider)
Race: Lorrdian
Address: Greater Jedi Order, Room # 3781
Comm Number: 704-6672

Position and availability: DJ, almost anytime.

Prior Experience: DJ - Club Hyperspace - Corellia
Counselling Assistant - Rebber and Yutfa
Counselling - Corellia

References (atleast two): Jurmet Plaitt
Owner, Club Hyperspace
Comm #: 812-5309

Dr. Louisa Rebber
Rebber and Yutfa Counselling
Comm # - 956 -2368

Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?: No.
If yes, explain.

Questions or Comments: None.

Jame arrived a few minutes later than what had been given in the ads, but she came well-dressed, professional, application tucked in her folder, along with a recording of one of her DJ mixes, to give the interviewers an idea of what she did. She took a seat next to a man who she'd glimpsed while roaming about the Order, familiarizing herself with new surroundings.

Rognan Dar
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:41:25 PM
Rognan had heard from Qauy one time while they were talking that she and he sister were going to start up their own club/bar. She asked him if was interested in working at all that he could try here, since they just started and needed people. So he got a application from her and filled it out. Then, on the day she said to drop it in by, he came and, well, dropped it in. He couldn't figure what position to ask for. He could do many things, so he put many things down. If he didn't get one he could get a different one then.

Name: Rognan Dar
Race: Lorrdian
Address: GJO LQ, Room 1942
Comm Number: 901-8751

Position and availability: Host, waiter, bouncer, odd jobs. Part time.

Prior Experience: None. Fast learner, though.

References (atleast two): Quay'Na Rakai. Jedi Knight Zeke.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?: No
If yes, explain.

Questions or Comments: Not of yet.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:27:22 AM
Yasmin smiled and glanced over her application one more time. "Well it seems you have a lot of experience for this job. What exactly was your position at Joe's?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:45:48 PM
A'jorrah straightened a bit. "I did a bit of everything. Bartended mostly though I'm a bit rusty with my bottle slinging, but I can get my practice back in. I also cooked some."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:52:20 PM
Yasmin smiled to her and stood up. "Well, A'jorrah. You will get the chance to work on your bottle slinging. 10am, new Wednesday be at 331 Bantha Lane for training. We will give you a two week trail period, as with everyone else. See you then." She smiled to the young woman.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:20:16 PM
"Thank you, very much, Miss..." She stood and looked blankly at the two of them.

They had obviously been so excited about the entire thing that it had slipped their minds.

Quay and Yasmin both stood. "I'm Quay'Na Rakai and this is my twin sister, the head of Silver Strides---Yasmin Le'Kray. It was very nice to meet you, Miss Mazzic. And we'll both be very glad to see you next week."

A'jorrah shook their hands and smiled. "You can count on me, I'll be there." She leaned down and picked up her small briefcase and walked out the door. She couldn't wait to start.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:23:59 PM
Yasmin smiled as A'jorrah walked out. "This looks very promising, Quay." She pushed her comm link. "Clara, send in the next one."

Clara: "Miss Montegue. They are ready for you."

Yasmin smiled to Quay and waited for the next applicant.

Jordana Montegue
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:05:45 PM
Thumbing through a magazine just to pass the time while awaiting her turn, Jordana nearly became so wrapped up in an article she'd been reading that she didn't hear the secretary at first.

"Hm? Oh! Yes, yes. Thank you, Miss."

Jordana sets the magazine down on the small end table beside the seat she's occupied for the past twenty or thirty minutes then rises, smoothing out her clothes, making a few minor adjustments here and there.

Clara indicates where Jordana is to go and that is exactly where she heads. Passing through the door, she smiles cordially to both of the women seated behind a desk.

"Greetings ladies, I'm Jordana Montegue. Thank you for seeing me."

Jordana smooths her attire as she takes a seat and waits for the interview to begin.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:35:13 PM
Quya'Na smiled as Miss Montegue stepped in and took a seat. "Good morning, Miss Montegue. I'm Quay'Na Rakai and this is my twin sister, Yasmin Le'Kray, head of Silver Strides." She looked over her application.

"You're not opposed to working, evenings and weekends?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 27th, 2004, 03:59:26 PM
Yasmin took Jordana application as she walked in. With a smile and a nod she greeted her. She looked over her application, 2 years waitress. She had some experience, that was always a plus. She looked up to her as she waited for a reply.

Jordana Montegue
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:31:52 PM
Er, oops. Please delete this post :)

Jordana Montegue
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:32:00 PM
Jordana smiles at the appropriate intervals, acknowledging the twin sister whom holds her application within her hands, stating quietly that its a pleasure to make both of their acquaintances.

"No, I am not opposed to working evenings or weekends. My availability is open to any position you may decide to hire me for, Miss Rakai."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:37:50 PM
Yasmin nodded and smiled. "Good, because that's the only time we are open." She glanced over at her sister and then back to Jordana. "It seems you have a lot of experience, I assume you are a people person?"

Jordana Montegue
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:41:29 PM
"Indeed. I do enjoy meeting new people; I learn much from them. Also, I know exactly how I like to be treated when entering an establishment so I give nothing but the best in service and insuring that their stay is the most pleasant that it can be."

Jordana crosses her legs, dusting a few miniscule particles of lint or dust off of her knee, smiling to both ladies.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 30th, 2004, 03:31:06 PM
Yasmin looks to Quay, seeing if she has anyway to say to Jordana.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 31st, 2004, 07:12:32 AM
Quay'Na smiled at Yasmin. "I don't have anything else to ask." She looked at Jordana. "Report to 331 Nabtha Lane at 10 am next Wednesday for training, Miss Montegue."

Jordana Montegue
Jan 31st, 2004, 08:27:58 AM
"Thank you! I appreciate the time you both took to speak with me and I'll be there at ten, next Wednesday."

Jordana rises then shakes both of their hands. Gathering whatever possessions she brought in with her, she turns and walks out with a smile on her face.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:39:36 PM
Yasmin smiled as Jordana left. "This is working out pretty well." She said to Quay. Yasmin buzzed Clara, before she could make a request Clara responded. "They are on their way in miss Le'Kray." Yasmin laughed. "Thanks Clara." She answered and waited for Shade to enter.

Shade Magus
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:48:05 PM
Shade entered the room and smiled at the two young ladies and stood there feeling kind of arkward. True this was his first job interview, but it couldn't be that hard could it?

"Good day ladies. I am Shade Magus, at your service."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:27:02 PM
Yasmin looked the Jedi up and down. Bouncer, it could work. "Good day, Mr. Magus. Take a seat." She looked over his application again. "Okay, let's get this thing started." She said with a smile. "It says here you have experience in the protection business?"

Shade Magus
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:44:02 PM
"Yes. My occupation as a Jedi Knight has had me be bodygaurds to a great many people. I might also add that while under my protection only two of the people I was responsible for was actually harmed, granted it was minor though."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:08:23 PM
Two, two many she thought to herself. "Well, I'm sure you did your best. As a bodyguard for my facility I expect only the best for my customers. No minor injuries, I'm sure that you can insure me of that."

Shade Magus
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:51:59 PM
"I will try my best and no less."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:31:40 PM
Yasmin nodded as she looked at her sister. "Anything you'd like to add, Quay'Na?" She asked.

"No, I know Shade. He's a good man, he'll be perfect." She gave Shade a smiled and a friendly nod. "And it's very nice to see you again, Master Shade." Quay'Na added.

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:44:58 PM
"And you Lady Quay'Na. Is there anyhting else you wish to know?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:05:27 PM
"Well, would you have any objections to being our head bodyguard right now and soon becoming our cooler, once more guards are hired? You'd be over them and basically their boss. Any problems with that?"

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:07:29 PM
Shade shook his head.

"None that I could think of."

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:14:00 PM
Quay'Na smiled as she looked at her twin. " That sounds great, Shade. I don't have anything else to ask." She looked at the Jedi, soon-to-be-bouncer. "Report to 331 Nabtha Lane at 10 am next Wednesday for a tour of our facility, Master Shade."

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:16:56 PM
"Thank you for your time. Have a good afternoon ladies."

Shade gave a slight bow before turning to leave.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:00:28 PM
Yasmin was elated with the turnout. "Okay, so far we've had three, two to go unless someone else comes in."

She pressed the comm. "Clara, send in Jame Kama Dar."

Then the two sisters waited. It was turning out to be quite a day.

Jame Kaman Dar
Feb 25th, 2004, 12:49:30 AM
She placed her hand on the door before turning the handle and going in. Jame smiled, knowing this interview would go well.

I just know it. I have a good, strong feeling about this. The interviewers on the other side of the door seem to be giving off feelings that say they're happy with the turnout.

And she went in, turning the handle, slipping through the doorway, and closing the door behind her. Jame faced Quay and Yasmin, and nodded to each of them.

"G'day, ladies. I am Jame Kaman Dar.""

The young adult approached, and opened her folder, taking out the recording of one of her DJ mixes, handing it to the one which wasn't holding her application.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Mar 8th, 2004, 05:01:18 PM
As Quay took the recording from Jame, Yasmin glanced over her application. She glanced it over.
Name: Jame Kaman Dar ( DJ Raider)

Position and availability: DJ, almost anytime.

Prior Experience: DJ - Club Hyperspace - Corellia
Counselling Assistant - Rebber and Yutfa
Counselling - Corellia

She smiled to Jame. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Dar...?" She blushed slightly. "I see you are applying for DJ. You have lots of experience and several good references." She looked to Quay as they shared a silent conversation with their eyes. She turned back to Jame. "We are taking you on for our trail period. Please meet us at 331 Nabtha Lane at 10 am next Wednesday for training. We look foward to see you."

Jame Kaman Dar
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:20:29 PM
Jame smiled.

"Thank you, ladies. I'll see you then."

Jame Kaman turned and left the room.