PDA

View Full Version : Okay you fatties (Post New Years Fitness Sextravaganza)

Charley
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:47:36 PM
It's time to stop being fatties, or at least get back in the semblance of some kind of shape. Currently, I'm at a freakin huge 270 pounds, and I'm sick and tired of it. So, I'm obsessed with getting back to my original shape (four years ago) of 190 pounds. I'll do anything from running 10 miles a day to smoking crack (maybe not, but I'm dead serious about results) to get back in shape. This is a thread for other fatties, or other people who want to get on the self-improvement kick.

For those of you who know me, I know I can come off as a bit of an arrogant egomaniac. Yeah, I'm aware of it, and no, I'm not going to stop. For a little insight, this kind of thing started back in high school, when I originally dropped all my weight. I knocked off 75 pounds in six months (60 of which were taken off in 2 months). I dropped so much weight that some of my friends thought I was into hardcore drugs, but it was simply eating right and working out like a madman.

What this little thing did was turn an overweight, introverted nerd into someone who was empowered with a ton of self confidence. It really didn't take me long to figure out that the perks I was getting were mainly due to the self confidence, and less to do with my physical condition. It helped, sure, but once I began to gain my weight back (college pizza beer liquor, etc), I still retained the confidence I had, and the knowledge of what it can do. Even still, I'm sick and tired of being big. I'm fitting snugly into size 40 jeans, and it frustrates me. I see pictures of me and it makes me cringe. I'm not doing it for anybody except myself. I'm certainly not doing it for want of female attention. This past semester, I was propositioned five separate times (Not sure how or why), and I'm currently seeing a very special someone :mischief, so that department is pretty square. I just want to get back to where I was, because if you look good, and you have confidence, its an insane amount of power. You have incredible influence over the way other people think and act, just by taking care of yourself and being confident. Its amazing power. I love this power, and I will soon be drunk on this power like some kind of debaucherous god. HAHAHA!!!

Anyways, I'm currently stuck on a one month stint of the Atkins diet. I'm taking vitamin supplements (because gout is bad), and making due. Its frustrating to count carbs instead of fat grams (which is what I'm used to) and it is a big paradigm shift. I can eat bacon and eggs, but a bowl of plain rice is taboo, so my world is upside down. Oh well, its been a while since I've had bacon, mmm. I'm hitting the weights hard. I've got a great high rep set that will build a little mass, and tone a good bit. I'm going to take advantage of the protein I'm overloading on, and get some muscle mass. I'll run some, but for this bit, I mainly want weights.

A month from now, I switch to a two month stint of counting fat grams. My workout will become much more aerobic, and I'll run alot more. That should melt the weight off me, because I can burn whatever calories and carbs I take in easily with a high energy workout.

Eating habits are the foundation that I've got to work on. Step one is to either cut usual portions in half, or to never eat "to fill". Step two is to drink a lot of water. 32 ounces of water before meals works like magic. After this, there's one critical element:

I have to severely reduce how much I drink :(

I hate that, because, not suprisingly, I love to drink all the time. Then again, I tell myself that it will lower my tolerance massively. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get drunk on a six pack of beer by the time Spring Break rolls around.

Anyway, that's my big master plan. I'm pretty obsessed with it right now, so I'm running with the momentum I've got. If I can break my "college habits", then I've got a good shot of making this work. And if I make this work, I will be sooo :10bux

Sejah Haversh
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:08:20 PM
Yeah, I want to be back down to 180 by summer, and get rid of this porky mass where my abs used to be. I don't know exatly how I'm going to do it, but, dang it, I'm going to!

ReaperFett
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:10:04 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
I have to severely reduce how much I drink :(

:eek !

Alcohol companies could go bankrupt! :eek

Anyway, serious point. Just be careful on the Atkins diet. Some end up on a TERRIBLE diet due to it. Both my parents did it okay, so I'm not saying don't do it.

Oh, and it can make your breath reek :)

Pierce Tondry
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:14:14 PM
Good luck on your fitness training. I always applaud efforts like this.

Even if they are later than my own. :)

Charley
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:17:45 PM
It isn't meant to be done for extended periods. While I do it, I'm taking vitamins to counteract some of the effects. That, and I've always got awesome gum.

imported_Firebird1
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:37:15 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
:eek !

Alcohol companies could go bankrupt! :eek

Anyway, serious point. Just be careful on the Atkins diet. Some end up on a TERRIBLE diet due to it. Both my parents did it okay, so I'm not saying don't do it.

Oh, and it can make your breath reek :)

1) Two weeks for the first phase! Only two weeks!!!
2) After that is the Weight Loss Phase.

3) Switching from Low Carb to Low Fat will not help weight loss. Chose one or the other.

So far on the Atkins diet I've lost ten pounds, only been on it a week though.

Charley
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:10:12 AM
Bird, my mom's a nurse, my best friend a personal trainer, and I've done this before.

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:38:56 AM
Im trying to make it back down to about 280. Mainly, im gonna put my self on a bit of a diet and probably start jogging again. The subdivision behind my house is just a hair over a mile long, and has lots of hills, so I can get a pretty good work out there. Im not gonna worry about doing much weight lifting til i drop pounds though.

Tear
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:55:21 AM
I suppose im lucky that i remain a static weight of 150-180' at the most. I dont really have to watch what i eat..today i had pizza and chocolate covered almonds..working on a chocolate milkshake right now too :D

A few tips that i know of for losing weight though is drink water. Sounds cliche but it does work..Instead of a diet coke..drink water? Easy.

Another thing from a biological stand point is dont snack or have a big meal before you go to bed. I cant remember the exact reasoning but its something to do with your body doesnt burn it off and stores the sugar/fat instead of burning it off right away. *shrug* I always have a bottle or glass of water near by bed before i sleep.

Good luck on your diet, all of you who are on one.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:21:19 AM
I'd like to drop about 25 pounds or so, and improve my upper body muscle tone. My eating habits aren't too bad (although the holidays always kill that for about 2 weeks or so). I just need to exercise.

My parents did a low carb diet as well (not Atkins, but something similar to it). It worked well for my mom, only so-so for my dad. I'm kind of skeptical if it would really work for me. Although, I don't necessarily inhale lots of carbs like some, so maybe that's part of the reason for said skepticism.

Dakota Gue
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:25:26 AM
I went to the gym for the first time in a loooong time on Thursday, ran the indoor track. Im going to try do it 3 times a week.

Telling people youre getting in shape etc is a good idea - it encourages you and makes you more accountable for the time you dont want to go.

(thanks Morg) :)

Darth Viscera
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:24:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
It's time to stop being fatties, or at least get back in the semblance of some kind of shape. Currently, I'm at a freakin huge 260 pounds, and I'm sick and tired of it. So, I'm obsessed with getting back to my original shape (four years ago) of 180 pounds. why? so i can sexor the wimmins with great intensity & frequency, and I don't dream of doing that until I actually look decent.

As Charley and Christin and Nick already know, I've been on atkins since monday. I was getting dressed saturday morning to go to the GNC when I discovered that my favorite blue jeans, the ones which had fit like a snug in a glove a week ago, were way too loose and lying down around my ankles, and I'd gone down 2 pants sizes in 5 days.

It's been hard though, and continues to be. My body feels like it's going through carbohydrate withdrawal, and I still feel like I'm starving after a meal. I feel a lot more paranoid than I usually do, I'm suffering wild mood swings, I feel quite a bit more impatient, and very aggravated a lot of the time. I also haven't slept for 8 contiguous hours since I started the diet, and am going to hunt you all down and kill you because that is the secret to my water memories, so please leave your full addresses here.

Frequently I've been baking frozen boneless chicken breasts in the oven for 60 minutes, topping with tomato sauce, olives and mozzarella, letting it go for another 10 minutes, then eating it with lettuce.

Someone borked my scale so that it always says something different, so I'm going out tomorrow to buy a working one.

My stomach has been feeling every day like it's shrinking, which is a good sign, I think. I feel like my stomach is going through puberty, so something positive must be happening down there.

P.S. The GNC has an atkins section. Just ignore the hippy indian woman (Indian as in Apu, not Geronimo) who's high on pep pills and will try to sell you diet medicine too. Smile and make polite conversation with her, but don't actually heed anything she's saying. Get the discount card, but that's it.

P.S.S. the first time I went on Atkins in 1998, I lost 10 lbs in 7 days.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:46:18 AM
Ugh, somehow, the Atkins thing just scares me. I'm glad it works but personally speaking, I'd rather be a bit bootylicious and happy than skinny and paranoid.

But that's just me.

Anyway, I'm continuing my master plan for getting to a happy place. No, I'm not trying to loose weight, or fit into a certain size, or anything like that. I already cut out all soda from my life, which cuts down on bad, nasty sugars and chemicals and such, and I'm increasing the amount of fruits and veggies that I eat. They're good for ya! This term, I'm back on my 3 day a week workout routine, which is nice. So, yeah, that's the plan.

Besides, I'm already one sexy biz-natch so no worries. ;)

Darth Viscera
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:25:28 AM
The paranoia will likely subside when my metabolism finishes switching from one that burns carbohydrates to one that burns fat. Also, you have to understand that I'm crazier than is normal even unaided.

ReaperFett
Jan 11th, 2004, 06:05:48 AM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Ugh, somehow, the Atkins thing just scares me. I'm glad it works but personally speaking, I'd rather be a bit bootylicious and happy than skinny and paranoid.

Hey, it's a living! :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 11th, 2004, 06:32:11 AM
I just try not to eat too much and exercise very regularly. Crash dieting = bad, it's more of a permanent lifestyle change that works. I'm about 7 kilo's lighter than I was two years ago. No diet change, just regular exercise. If I just stay around 72-73kg, that'll do me.

Darth Viscera
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:47:06 AM
*gets out his scientific calculator*

let's see, 72kg...and there are 448 grams in a pound, so you weigh...hmm, this can't be right, 62 miles?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:52:05 AM
I'm about 155-160 pounds. I'd like to be about 170 or 180. Anyone got any protien shake reccomendations?

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:11:35 AM
Met-rx ones. I've been using them after workouts and I've gone from about 150 to 170. They come in all sorts of flavors too.

Charley
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:10:27 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I just try not to eat too much and exercise very regularly. Crash dieting = bad, it's more of a permanent lifestyle change that works. I'm about 7 kilo's lighter than I was two years ago. No diet change, just regular exercise. If I just stay around 72-73kg, that'll do me.

Atkins is a catalyst diet. It's a jump start, and not much else. You don't stay on the diet for any extended periods, because its not going to provide much in the way of vitamins. But it does shock your body into the trend of burning fat, which is important. Once you start that, you can get results simply by eating smart and working out. Atkins just provides the starting point more effectively than most methods.

Alpha
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:17:14 PM
I'm slowly working towards being back to around 160 or so, and with me cutting back on junk, and swimming and also hard menial labor (my CS class, lol), it's starting to work...I think.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:19:19 PM
i have my very own diet :D

1 bowl of rice every two days, and 3 beers a night. smoking is optional, of course

let me tell you, it works wonders. of course, it all hinges on your employment and such ^_^;

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:45:24 PM
One of my friends and I get together about twice a week to excercise. We do push ups, sit ups, and some martial arts based exercises.

Charley
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:36:56 PM
Also, to you Atkins folks:

Sometimes its unavoidable to take in some carbs or sugars. If you must have some, do it early in the day, before noon at least. This helps you burn whatever you take in much easier than otherwise. My mom made some greek rice last night, and I had four or five spoons of it with my chicken this morning, so thats about all I'm gonna risk.

Aki
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:15:16 PM
*looks at all the dieting people*

:( Good luck, you can at least loose weight unlike me in my attempts to GAIN weight.

I'm attempting to get to a happy weight for a height (I'm around 5'7"-5'8") and stop flucuating between 100 lbs and 120 lbs.

Any suggestions? I also hate going to the gym all the hairly old men use the machines before me! But I walk everywhere, and I DO mean EVERYWHERE.

My mom used the Atkins diet, was hell for me, I'm a carb-lover.

*eats her pasta and breads happily*

Charley
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:41:33 PM
You're trying to gain weight?

Drink a lot, that helps.

Ishan Shade
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:51:55 PM
^^^^

I recommend Newcastle.

Crystal
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:47:24 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
i have my very own diet :D

1 bowl of rice every two days, and 3 beers a night. smoking is optional, of course

let me tell you, it works wonders. of course, it all hinges on your employment and such ^_^;

This works.. well sort of.

I lost a some weight eating like a bowl of rice a day and stopped drinking soda, and went to tea and gatorade.

The I stopped, and drank more soda and now I'm smaller than I was to begin with, but a bit heavier than before I stopped it :(

Darth Viscera
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:53:13 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'm about 155-160 pounds. I'd like to be about 170 or 180. Anyone got any protien shake reccomendations?

As it turns out, the atkins shake I was just drinking had like 20g of protein. Don't know if this helps you or not.

imported_Eve
Jan 12th, 2004, 06:49:14 AM
Charley, I am going on the South Beach Diet today. What is going to help me is I have three coworkers going on the same diet. This diet startes like Atkins, but doesn't stay that way, so you don't cheat.

We should talk on the phone.

Charley
Jan 12th, 2004, 09:53:04 AM
Ok, I'll call you sometime

imported_Eve
Jan 12th, 2004, 06:45:16 PM
I can call you. Has to be daytime as my phone sucks ... well it sucks. I can call from work. I'll call either tomorrow or later this week. If you want to talk about all this.

Having a buddy is the key. We got off track last time.

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:16:42 PM
Tomorrow, I'm free from 11:30-12:45 and 2:30-3:45 MST.

Other than that, I'm owned by class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Zasz Grimm
Jan 13th, 2004, 06:22:25 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Tomorrow, I'm free from 11:30-12:45 and 2:30-3:45 MST.

Other than that, I'm owned by class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I also need to holler at you. I need a regiment, cause I have no idea where to start. Food wise / excercise wise. I was thinking of going strength training, turn what I have to muscle. But that would be harder, i would think.

Anyways, I'd like to loose about 80 lbs, cause that'd put me at 250. Give me a time I can call you, I'll be free most of tomorrow, and all thursday and friday. Hopefully we can develop something. Appreciate it, Chuck.

Charley
Jan 13th, 2004, 06:43:35 PM
Actually, its a give/take

Strength training goes for higher weights, but lower repetitions. If that's what you want, I can draw up a workout routine.

You'll also benefit massively from Atkins, seeing as you'll have limitless protein.

What's your flexibility? Able to work out how many days a week?

Zasz Grimm
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:24:23 PM
2-4 days a week. Probably 3.

and I know protein diets are awesome, i lost like 10 lbs in about a week and a half on it. But I stopped...cause I was eating like... a ton of food.

Charley
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:28:58 PM
Best way around that is to think about how much food you want, and divide it by two. Works like a charm.

Aki
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:36:57 AM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
You're trying to gain weight?

Drink a lot, that helps.

I can't drink alcohol, and water makes me sick.

ReaperFett
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:43:06 AM
I love my workout. Stress a lot, no exercise, eat like a pig, stay Gollum-like in appearence ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:27:18 PM
Originally posted by Aki
*looks at all the dieting people*

:( Good luck, you can at least loose weight unlike me in my attempts to GAIN weight.

I'm attempting to get to a happy weight for a height (I'm around 5'7"-5'8") and stop flucuating between 100 lbs and 120 lbs.

Any suggestions? I also hate going to the gym all the hairly old men use the machines before me! But I walk everywhere, and I DO mean EVERYWHERE.

My mom used the Atkins diet, was hell for me, I'm a carb-lover.

*eats her pasta and breads happily*

I was your height and 118 pounds before I went to college - my first year I gained about twenty pounds and I've been right around 135-40 since then. Which is about normal for our height.

So - drink a lot of soda, eat a lot of pasta and starchy foods and horrible casseroles made out of leftovers and you'll just about mimic our cafeteria food. :x

V'aelna
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:50:24 PM
I just don't talk about my weight, and try not to think about it, but one of these days I'll get the insentive to loose the 20-30 pounds I don't want.

ReaperFett
Jan 14th, 2004, 03:18:12 PM
http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

This BMI program should help, tells you how you are. Isn't 100% precise, but I believe this is how a doctor would work it out.

I'm 5 11 (Or 5 9, but I say 11 to feel bigger;)) and 140lbs, and says that's normal. Apparently it's different for males and females, but it's a good indicator.

imported_Eve
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:42:56 PM
Charley, NM. Atkins is very similar to SB. Nevermind.

LOL Fett.

I am so tired with no carbs! It's 5:45 and I could pass out for two days.

Darth Viscera
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:55:51 PM
It's 7:54pm over here, and I can't keep my eyes open. This is one sad, hungry fatty :(

Sanis Prent
Jan 14th, 2004, 07:41:26 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Charley, NM. Atkins is very similar to SB. Nevermind.

LOL Fett.

I am so tired with no carbs! It's 5:45 and I could pass out for two days.

I was nodding off in Investment Management today. Very very tired. It's hard to get energy. I have to hotwire my body with caffeine to get going.

Just stick to it, and you should catch your second wind. Then, your body will start dropping fat like a meth addict.

V'aelna
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:07:45 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent

Just stick to it, and you should catch your second wind. Then, your body will start dropping fat like a meth addict.

I don't know, but to me that doesn't sound healthy.

Charley
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:27:55 PM
Its plenty healthy. Its just making your body accustomed to drawing energy by burning away fat reserves. When you stop feeling lethargic, your body is going "Oh, ok, well let me use fat for energy instead of carbs"

Pierce Tondry
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:28:34 PM
It's actually more healthy than you realize. Your body uses both carbohydrates and fats as sources of fuel, but it burns carbs first. When it runs out of carbs it starts burning fat for energy. The entire premise behind the Atkins diet is based on that fact- eliminate most of the carbohydrates in your body so that it starts burning fat for fuel instead. There's a name for this process, but I don't remember it.

You do have to be careful though. There are naturally a few pitfalls with a diet like this.

Edit: Curse your bones, Chuckles, you ninjaposted me.

Charley
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:48:47 PM
Only pitfalls with Atkins is that you end up getting shafted on nutrients. Take some serious vitamin supplements to make up for the lack of fruit and fruit juices you'd normally have.

Also, think about calcium supplements as well. Dairy isn't terrible to have, but you won't get too much of it on Atkins.

Darth Viscera
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:52:19 PM
256 lbs now, on Saturday I was 260 lbs. I'm eating big salads now as well.

Race ya :)

Charley
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:01:33 PM
I need to check what my weight is. I didn't even look when I started, but its probably 275.

All I care about is fitting into 36 jeans again. I'm in 40's right now :(

34's would be a hellacious little bonus, so I'm not getting too far ahead of myself :D

Pierce Tondry
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:02:39 PM
One other pitfall that usually isn't serious but you do need to watch out for is too much weight loss. Your body needs some fat in it to stay healthy. This is almost never a problem, but I do know a person who went Atkins and had to go to the hospital as a result. They had a decent metabolism to begin with though- their main problem was overconsumption of fried foods and sodas.

imported_Eve
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:20:30 PM
I weighed myself this morning and I lost three pounds since Monday. I've been sticking to it for sure. I have eaten so much vegetables it's disgusting. I have to eat 4.5 cups per day (as a minimum).

Thing is, I'm suppossed to eat six times a day, and I just can't. I forget. I'm more starving than anything. I feel fine, not hungry, just tired.

Big trick that's working for me is eating until satisfied, not until so full I can't breathe. And staying busy so I don't eat out of boredom.

Just need a man now. I'd drop weight incredibly fast that way.

Darth Viscera
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:24:56 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Just need a man now. I'd drop weight incredibly fast that way.

how do you figure?

ReaperFett
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:27:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
how do you figure?

...Ask your parents :)

Darth Viscera
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:29:49 PM
Well I mean, unless the male in question has a member which is 2 feet long or longer and requires both hands, she's not going to be getting any significant exercise from that :p

Tear
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:30:53 PM
sex.

Charley
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:26:22 AM
I hit my second wind. I've been going nonstop today, and all I had until 10 PM was a diet coke. For dinner, I had four little pre-formed chicken patties. I've overcome the beginning lethargy.

imported_Eve
Jan 16th, 2004, 07:07:00 AM
Well I guess there is sex, but I mean that I just eat less when I am with someone. Butterflies and lust, what have you. I just always ate less.

I want a chicken today.

Second wind is not here yet for me. Freagin tired.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 16th, 2004, 07:19:43 AM
The name of my game is eat everything, but with a focus on protien.

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2004, 08:31:31 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Well I guess there is sex, but I mean that I just eat less when I am with someone. Butterflies and lust, what have you. I just always ate less.

I know that feeling.

Charley
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:02:51 PM
Gonna have me an awesome salad at Chilis tonite :)

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:21:38 PM
Curious question: Is there such a thing as a healthy salad dressing?

Charley
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:01:28 PM
They're all fine, just don't smother your salad.

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:37:32 AM
I'm definitely deep in the throes of ketosis, I have absolutely no control of my emotions anymore, since yesterday evening. I feel extreme irritation at everything (even lesbians) and everyone all the time and am constantly on the verge of tears, and I'm getting serious panic attacks at even the slighest issues.

Tear
Jan 17th, 2004, 03:09:58 PM
Hrm..that happens to alot of people on that diet. I know im saying the obvious but that doesnt sound good Visc are you taking vitamins supplements?

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:36:22 PM
no, just eating a lot of lettuce.

Tear
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:37:18 PM
Then it is the lesbians fault..irritating women

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:44:55 PM
*pleads the 5th*

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2004, 05:06:35 PM
it feels like my blood sugar is really, really low. I used to get hypoglycemic. It all just hurts so bad-any sensory input at all, like when you feel when you're naucious and about to vomit and you can't stand watching TV or reading.

EDIT~blood SUGAR not blood PRESSURE, ack. i can't believe I typoed that.

Mu Satach
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:29:02 AM
It sounds like you've got some sort of nutrient shortage going on there. Have you tried eating any dark leafy veggies or squash? or a multi-vitamin?

Diet wise I'm trying to change my routine to a series of mini-meals during the day of mostly protien, fresh veggitables, and a bit of whole grains. Super light on sugars.

My excercise routine
MWF: Running 30 min.
THS: Karate

My goal is to complete a marathon by April 2005.

imported_Eve
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:37:58 AM
Ah Vis, you're just PMSing. Yes, men get it too. Everyone gets it.

I lost another pound and a half, so 4.5 in total since last Monday. I wish it was more. But it's working at least, and I didn't think it would. Everything is double hard for me.

Darth Viscera
Jan 21st, 2004, 10:56:41 AM
I'm PMSing?! blast my uterus! Maybe I have IMS, irritable male syndrome.

EDIT~And I'm eating lots of romaine lettuce every day, and a big caesar salad once every 2 days.

ReaperFett
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:59:31 AM
No, IVS. It's Vis Syndrome ;) :D

Darth Viscera
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:43:17 PM
Hardly. Everyone knows that normally I'm a paragon of stability and consistent hornyness.

Darth Viscera
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:24:09 PM
248 lbs

Charley
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:18:24 PM
I'm too lazy to get to any scales :mneh

However, I'm starting to tell that the weight is dropping. People are mentioning that I look thinner. My jeans (which have been rather snug) have loosened up considerably, to the point that I can put things in my pockets with ease, and move the waistline about.

Quickest sign of weight loss - watch bands. My new KGB watch was being worn on the fourth peghole around new years. Today, I've moved it to the 2nd.

imported_Eve
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:17:56 PM
As of Friday I lost 7 lbs. Hopefully I can get one more before Monday. Someone told me at lunch the other day that my face looks thinner. I think they're full of it. How can you tell with a mere 7 lbs.?

Charley
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:19:45 PM
Originally posted by Eve
As of Friday I lost 7 lbs. Hopefully I can get one more before Monday. Someone told me at lunch the other day that my face looks thinner. I think they're full of it. How can you tell with a mere 7 lbs.?

Its the first place you can really notice weight loss, suprisingly.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:22:44 PM
Chuck is right. The face is pretty contoured, and fat loss is easier to notice.

The belly, on the other hand...

Charley
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:25:09 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
Chuck is right. The face is pretty contoured, and fat loss is easier to notice.

The belly, on the other hand...

Forget it. Even when I was in excellent shape, I had a belly. There is no losing it. It is your baneful friend for all eternity.

(Unless you're willing to do like 1000 hanging crunches a day, but screw that! Time to drink!)

Pierce Tondry
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:30:05 PM
Heh! I'll drink to that!

Darth Viscera
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:32:51 PM
really? the face is the first thing which starts to look thinner? That's good news.

Mu Satach
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:49:44 PM
yeah, the outer regions of the body thin down first,
fingers, wrists, face, neck... the last places to trim down are the ones everyone usually starts excercising and dieting to get rid of... middle section and backside... And like Charley said, a bit of the gut will be with you always...

Darth Viscera
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:52:54 PM
Good, I want to lose this turkey neck.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:48:37 AM
I wear size 42 jeans, and usually they're snug in the waist, but not overly tight. Im now having to wear a belt, cause all my favorite pants try to fall off when im moving around alot. Ive only lost around 5 pounds though. I havent stuck to any kind of real diet, just mainly cut out all drinks except water.

I need to go get vitamins, and kick my laziness and get with the pushups.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:06:30 AM
i need to lose weight too :x

ill probably start running and doing situps and pushups

Darth Viscera
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:30:47 AM
^^^WTF

omg u r so fat hurr hurr
i shudder to think what your diet would consist of, seeing as how your staples of KFC and spaghettios and rice would be no more, and you're the wrong gender for cooking

attn: hot girls of swfans
diet not needed, stop trying to be anorexic. if unsure if you are at a proper weight, pm me topless pics of yourself and I will judge them and get back to you

Charley
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:36:48 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
i need to lose weight too :x

ill probably start running and doing situps and pushups

Knowing your reverse physiology, you'll gain weight doing this.

Anyways, anorexia is too villified these days. The reason why I lost all my weight in high school was that I watched a special on anorexia in my anatomy & physiology class and was all like "Hey, that sounds cool. I need to try this anorexia thing." Needless to say, I didn't suddenly become anorexic, but my brief attempt put me on the right track to eating smart and losing weight.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:53:35 PM
im not going anorexic, just going to start eating more healthy and working out a little. and besides - i do eat, just not on a consistant 2-3 meal a day basis. i just eat lunch, and then a can of spaghettios for dinner, and im fine. i know its not healthy, and im going to try and change it.

i weighed myself at xmas, and turns out im 160!!! i know i dont look it, and id like to think that charley thinks this as well, but damn.

doesnt mean im gonna try and cook though. i know where my strengths and weaknesses lie, and i have no place in the kitchen unless its to get a beer from the fridge.

ReaperFett
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:40:11 PM
Since I last checked, I've dropped to 133. I don't think that's meant to happen! :)

ReaperFett
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:39:50 PM
Tonight I got bored, and did 50 sit ups! And 2 press ups (I don't know how to do them and couldn't do them when I knew:))! Give it about 15 years, I'll have the body of a god!

...Now I need to collapse though :)

imported_Eve
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:43:53 PM
So, I lost 3 lbs over the weekend, and my food mostly consisted of mozz sticks...

What did we learn here? Don't worry so much about your diet and you will lose more.

Darth Viscera
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:20:57 PM
i tried sugar free gummy bears today. bad idea. the sugar alcohols (sugar substitute) act like a strong purgative in your system, or something. steer clear.

Charley
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:26:27 PM
Last night, I ate 2 ribeye steaks (marinaded in Jim Beam) and drank 9 michelob ultras. And I still lost weight :)

My jeans are now loose enough to take off without unbuttoning and unzipping.

Darth Viscera
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:46:21 PM
i've been eating lots of atkins spaghetti and sometimes hamburger patties, but I eat lots of vegetables with everything. I can't tell what my weight is because it varies a great deal day to day. I'm pretty sure my weight is somewhere around 248 though.

Today is the 28th day that I've been on atkins.

imported_Eve
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:49:30 PM
Atkins makes its own food line?

Charley
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:51:20 PM
Not to my knowledge. I didn't think pasta was allowed at all.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:52:04 PM
I think it's more things are classified as Atkins-friendly, i.e. Subway's line of wraps that are high in fat and low on carbs.

Darth Viscera
Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:02:59 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Atkins makes its own food line?

uh..yes...very, very much so.

http://atkins.com/shop/index.html

You can find some of these things at your local GNC store. Look for the red and blue Atkins label.

The spaghetti is tolerable, tastes like it's made out of mushrooms though. Must be the gluten.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:51:49 PM
Not on any special diet, tho I've canned added sugar. However, 20km walks with a backpack are sorting out my fitness big time.

I think 20km was what sunday ended up being. whatever it was, 5 hours later certainly lost too much water out of system. I think I'm at 165 lb / 73 kgs. I dont want to really lose more, I'm more interested in toning up and straight out fitness.

Paper runs certainly do both of those!

Morgan Evanar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:01:32 PM
Paper run?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:24:58 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Paper run?

Junk mail, local newspapers, etc. Pay's not that hot, but it's keeping me from being a lard butt.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:31:09 AM
Ok, one-month update time for me. :)

Activity Level: Monday and Wednesday, 45 mins of Pilates. Fridays, 2 hours of Bellydance practice. One or two days a week (depending on work schedule) of one hour (or so) of lifting weights. Not counting my job, which involves running around, dodging the less than witty retorts of the store manager. Not areobic but hey, one can dream.

Food Adjustment: I've done about a 7 out of 10 on avoiding the bad foods (fried, sugary, naughty foods!) Need to eat more veggies.

Results: Lost one inch around my waist, one from each thigh and I don't feel like my rear end is following me around everywhere I go. No real noticable weight loss, I've gone up and down a pound here and there... but I just feel better, getting up and moving about instead of sitting and doing nothing. I feel like my abs are getting stronger/flatter (God bless Pilates!) and I do hope that my arms are stronger too. I think they are.

imported_Eve
Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:43:14 AM
Good for you Ryla. I want MTV Pliates and Yoga 2. The first Yoga rocks my body and it has great music. It is the hardest Yoga DVD I have.

Back to Atkins food. Yeah, pasta is like the enemy and if you eat it, you are suppossed to eat whole grain pasta and less than 1/2 cup per day. Pasta is the reason I have the ghetto booty in the first place. I don't miss it though.

Here's a desert recipe that you can eat on this diet:

Any flavor ricotta cream:

You need ricotta cream, part skim
Some flavor extract (vanilla, cherry, strawberry, banana, lemon, etc.)
Fake sugar (like Extra or Nutrasweet)

Mix to taste, and don't eat too much.

It's pretty good, but gets old fast. It's almost like mousse.

Anyone else have recipes?

Darth Viscera
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:54:58 AM
my recipes will go with me to my grave!

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:07:11 AM
Ryla is right, yet again. (http://www.ritro.com/sections/health/story.bv?storyid=0000000002350)

Atkins will make you stupid. :)

ReaperFett
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:16:22 AM
I can hear people swearing up and down how they’ve lost weight on the Atkins plan, and it drives me insane. They’re losing weight because they’re eating LESS OF SOMETHING.
Well, that's the view from the outside. My parents were eating MORE and losing weight, so explain that Mrs Smarty pants columnist!

...And yes, I know she isn't here! :)

I'm still doing sit-ups when bored. Weight doesn't seem to be dropping so rapidly either.

Abagael Zellan
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:54:04 PM
I read an Atkins book and at the back they had a few chapters of recipes. They looked okay, but I'm sick of diets. I eat what I want, just in healthy amounts. Also, I've been going to the gym three days a week for three hours each trip.

... And I bought black pants that make my butt look itty-bitty. :D