PDA

View Full Version : I hate my teeth

Hunk
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:13:03 AM
So yesterday the left side of my jaw began to hurt. I decided to sleep on it and see what would happen. So I wake up to find the entire left side of my face in flames and my left cheek swollen to comical proportions.

Now, I'm now dentist, but I'd place money on the problem being an abscess which means, you guessed it: root canal! Yay!

Oh, wait, only one problem.

I'm out of school, so I'm no longer covered by either my temporary student dental insurance or my parents' plan. At the same time, my <smallfont color=#FF00FF>-READING THE FAQ MAKES YOUR TEETH HEALTHY-</smallfont> part time job doesn't have a dental plan either. Sooo....as I don't have the money to pay for it, I get to walk around looking like the elephant man. Yay

Ishan Shade
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:57:51 AM
yikes.

bad situation....you need insurance man.

Hart
Jan 8th, 2004, 01:57:51 AM
Argh. It always sucks when your mouth hurts. It's one of the few places you can't just ignore.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:04:02 AM
*Fly to alabama. For the low low price of 10 dollars, I'll hit you with a shovel. If your jaw still hurts when you wake up, i'll hit you again for no extra charge.

*while supplies last

Zatania Duvall
Jan 8th, 2004, 11:02:11 AM
I know the feeling. Back before I moved to FL I had a really bad wisdom tooth. It had to be pulled out mainly cuz the new one is growing in and causing the old one to decay. But my mom waited so long to get it done that it got infected and I couldnt eat anything for about three months unless it was mashed potatoes. Finally when we got it pulled, I felt EVERYTHING cuz when you have an infection its impossible to numb it and she refused to put me under for it.

So I had tons of pain for the next three months while it healed extremely slow. And now that the new one is growing in it hurts still. I hate teeth. I should just pull them all out now and get dentures. Save the trouble of doing it one by one later on in life.

Hunk
Jan 8th, 2004, 11:38:51 AM
That's not a bad idea, Silus. I was thinking about just bashing the right side of my face so, when is swelled, I'd at least be symmetrical.

Dae Jinn
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:47:24 PM
Two words - battery acid ;)

Or...maybe you could borrow money off your 'rents or something? *hasnt been to the dentist in over a year since she doesn't have coverage either* I just kill my toothaches with tylenol ^_^;

Ceres Duvall
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:53:40 PM
*avoids the dentist as much as possible* After seeing that movie The Dentist... HECK NO!

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 8th, 2004, 08:55:14 PM
Ambasol may help too...just drink the stuff....:)

Ceres Duvall
Jan 8th, 2004, 09:36:37 PM
Listerine also helps. As well as constantly brushing whenever you get a chance.

Hunk
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:59:41 AM
Hooray, I'm looking at about $2000 worth of dental work.

But at least I got some antibiotics to knock down the infection so I look like a normal human being again

Smidget
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:08:57 AM
Rinse 3-4 times a day with hydrogen peroxide. 'Nuff said.