PDA

View Full Version : A time of Adjustment (Karlin Darkflame/Open)

Estelle Russard
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:02:44 PM
Estelle waited, watching as she sipped her tea, for Karlin's arrival.

The new member of the GJO should be here any moment as per Estelles invitation, and Estelle didn't want the young woman to have to wander through the bar and grill trying to locate her.

She had picked a table that was fairly close to the door, and at the time of her arrival, had a clear view to it. But as time wore on, the late afternoon rush had hit and the place was filling rapidly, hiding her somewhat among the crowd.

Seeing the top of the door open, the rest of it obscured by multiple persons, Estelle half-stood to her feet, craning her head, to afford a better view.

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:29:19 PM
After accepting Estelle's invitation, Karlin had made her way toward the bar and grill, passing through the crowds with the hood to her cloak up over her head as she walked toward it.

A rush of excitement went through her; she was going to be trained to become a Jedi, and she wished with all her heart her brother were alive to see it happen, to be there on the day of her graduation.

Finally, she reached the bar and grill, and walked in, her dark blue eyes glancing around beneath her hood as she searched for the familiar face of Estelle, the only person close to a friend she had at the Jedi academy and here at the bar and grill.

Once she finally found Estelle in the crowd, she made her way over, pulling her hood down to reveal the rest of her features as she sat down, giving a small nod to Estelle in greeting.

"So is this where all the potential Jedi masters hang out when they've nothing to do?" she asked, a slight smile on her face. For the first time in a long while, she was happy, and was somewhat excited at the adventures she would have while training to become a Jedi, especially once she found a Jedi Master to train her.

Estelle Russard
Jan 8th, 2004, 07:43:25 PM
Estelle's smile was broad and held genuine warmth.

"Yes" she responed to Karlin's greeting as the woman sat, "you will often find Jedi Masters - and Jedi in general - here. Most people think it is for the fellowship and comraderie that we are here, but really, it is because none of us can cook."

She laughed lightly, adding, "The root stew is exceptionally good."

As Karlin settled, Estelle instantly noted that the new padawan seemed happy and had that excited shine in her eyes that the prospect of becoming a Jedi always seemed to bring.

A server came to the table, inquiring if Karlin would like something to drink and perhaps to look at a menu.

Estelle waited for these preliminaries to finish before she spoke again, sipping her tea in the meanwhile.

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 9th, 2004, 07:42:37 PM
Karlin nodded. Good. Maybe I'll find a Jedi Master here to train me, she thought.

She looked up at the server and nodded, "Yes, I'll have a glass of water, and...I'll try the root stew," she said. She hoped she had enough credits, but she remembered that she had gone to the 'bank' before she had left for the academy, so she should have enough.

After the server left, she looked around the place, her eyes curious. She wanted to ask Estelle if she knew of any potential Jedi Masters who may be interested in testing her, but was hesitant about it. She decided, though, that she could take the risk.

"So...do you see any potential Jedi Masters in here that may want to test me?" she asked.

Estelle Russard
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:48:02 AM
"Actually, that is one of the reasons I asked you here."

Karlin hadn't needed to actually voice her question - Estelle could see clearly the young padawan was eager to take the next step and get things moving. It was encouraging to see someone who had known so many heartbreaks as had Karlin, looking to the future with hope and anticipation.

"The assiging of a Master to padawans is currently being streamlined. We have many that have come to the Order recently, and placing everyone has proved a bit of a challenge.

However, that is why we start all padawans in general studies within the Academy, beginning them in the basics of Jedi lore and Code - then as a Master is available, the padawan is assigned.

I just wanted to let you know not to worry, that it will only be a short time until you are placed with a Master. In the meantime, it is a good idea to get to know your fellow Jedi here - mix as you can - make friends. All these things help to build and consolidate us in our Call to uphold the light and help us to see we are each of us a part of something powerful."

Estelle, for her part, saw great potential in Karlin. And since she had first met her in the Recruitment Office, had thought she would make a great padawan.

"Have you gotten to know anyone since you arrived? I know its hard to come and fit it...everything is strange. Well, atleast, that is how I remember feeling on first coming here."

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:06:00 AM
OOC: Ack! Sorry its taken me so long to reply! :\

IC: She nodded, listening. Her hopes in getting a Jedi Master right away went down a little, but she understood that there were many others who had come before her who may not have masters yet, so she could understand that she had to wait like the others.
She shook her head, "No...the only one I've really gotten to know is you...and the fact that I'm talking so freely about my past to you is a surprise to me. I'm usually not so open about things, and I keep to myself...and can be shy at times. It doesn't really feel strange to me, though. Different, and exciting...but I feel like this is where I belong, among the Jedi." She glanced around at the other Jedi around before looking back at her, "I am kind of anxious to start getting to know some people, though...I'd rather at least have some semi-friends than feel awkward and have no one to study with or talk to."

Estelle Russard
Jan 18th, 2004, 06:40:16 PM
"Yes, it can be a little daunting being new. But Im sure you aren't going to have any trouble making friends.

Here, at Yog's is a good place to meet up with people from the Order. Usually there is always someone to talk to at any given time."

She looked around at the busy establishment, then back to Karlin.

"How are your quarters - they are to your liking?"

Estelle was referring to the Living Quarters of the Order.

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 18th, 2004, 08:32:58 PM
She nodded, "Yeah. I haven't gotten a chance to unpack yet because I came over here as soon as I got my stuff there, but they're good."
She looked to the other Jedi around, and for a moment wanted to walk up to a table and introduce herself, but she was too shy for her own good.

(Sorry for the shortness.^_^)

Estelle Russard
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:21:38 PM
ooc: It's all good :)

"Well once you settle in, and begin to find your way around, you should stop by the library. It is quite amazing to see."

The server finally returned with Karlin's order, placing a hearty bowl of root stew in front of her, the aroma of it steaming up in swirls.

In front of Estelle the server placed a grill cheese sandwich - the Jedi's standard - and Estelle hummed her anticipation.

"My favorite" she said to Karlin.

spada
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:27:01 PM
Spada entered the bustling Bar and Grill, only to bump into one of the jedi near the door. He apologized and handed in his lightsaber to a guard at the entrance.

Walking around, he found that there was no room. He scanned the tables to look for someone he knew, which werent many people, and luckily found Estelle. However, she seemed to be having a conversation with someone and didnt want to barge in.

The person she was with appeared to be new to the Academy also, so he assumed that it was Estelle's job to settle in all of the newcomers.

He walked by and hoped that Estelle would recognize him, which was not hard since he was almost the tallest one around the room and he also was one of the only Kel-Dor's around in the whole Academy.

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:22:09 PM
The waiter gave her the root stew and she sniffed it through the steam and shrugged. Always willing to try new things, she dipped her spoon into the stew and tasted it. It was pretty good.

She continued eating her soup, and took a sip of her water just as Spada walked by. She raised an eyebrow as Spada looked toward Estelle and waited for him to pass before asking, "You know him?"

Estelle Russard
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:44:46 PM
"Yes" Estelle responded to Karlins query, quickly downing the mouthful of sandwich first.

She called out to the Kel-dor who had just passed them.

"Padawan Spada"

She gestured with an open hand, "Would you care to join us...?"

Estelle glanced breifly to Karlin as if to ask if she minded.

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 29th, 2004, 03:46:56 PM
Karlin gave a small shrug as Estelle looked toward her in reply. She didnt mind....the more the merrier, especially if it meant the possibility of making friends.

She glanced around the bar and grill, looking at the different aliens and people in the place before looking back to the padawan and Estelle.

spada
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:25:08 PM
Spada's plan had worked. Nodding, he took a seat and shook hands with the two people. A waiter came and he waved him off, and he introduced himself, saying,

"I am Spada Elhow, if you did not know."

He said, bowing his head to Karlin.

Estelle Russard
Jan 30th, 2004, 02:12:50 AM
"Glad you could join us, Spada"

Estelle allowed him to settle, as she went on to elaborate to Karlin, "Spada is also new to the Order"

She spoke then to the Kel-dor, "How are you finding things so far, Spada?"

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:40:30 PM
Spada nodded and said,

"Good. I have already been assigned a master. Shade Magnus. Do you know him?"

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:10:15 PM
She shook the newcomer's hand, not wincing at the feeling of his alien skin. It wasn't the first time she had been in contact with a non-human.
She gave a small nod in greetings, "I'm Karlin Darkflame. Nice to meet you.
As the others talked, she looked around. For a moment she thought she felt a dark presence...but, no. She shook her head slightly, closing her eyes for a moment, tuning out the conversation without really meaning to...

Estelle Russard
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:38:33 PM
"Yes, Shade is well known here and very respected. We can look forward to good things from you"

Estelle was pleased for Spada and it showed in her warm smile. Her eyes shifted to Karlin, who appeared a little distracted, but the Jedi Master tried not to be obvious that she had noticed. Estelle looked up, seeking out the source of the girls sudden uneasiness.

spada
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:39:05 PM
Spada was settling in and looked over at Karlin, who was acting fairly strangely. He reached into her mind and sensed that she had felt a strange prescence in the air. He thought about saying something but shook it away. He had bad previous experiences with reading peoples minds and didnt want her to know that he had done it. He turned his attention back to Estelle and said,

"Its been a while since I've seen you, but I heard that you became a Jedi Master (or is this thread bfore that?). Is that true?"

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 31st, 2004, 10:12:07 AM
She didn't feel Spada reach into her mind because it wasn't somethign she was used to, save for her brother doing it, but...that would just be him trying to get into his little sisters mind. Heh.....She felt the eyes of the new commer and Estelle on her and narrowed her own eyes, trying not to make eye contact. The dark presence felt familiar, yet not...but what Sith would be able to make it into a place full of Jedi without being caught? She had heard of those Force users able to disguise their presence in the force, but....no, she wouldn't think about the possibility...she gave a small smile to the other two to let them know everything was okay before going back to her stew.

(OOC: I need someone to RP Karlins father, brother, and sister...they can easily be NPC'd, but they want her to turn to the dark side, so they'll probably wanna capture her.....any ideas?)

Estelle Russard
Jan 31st, 2004, 05:01:33 PM
ooc: did you want them to capture Karlin in this thread? If not, I should think just writing them into your posts would work. You know -- the conversation between Karlin and her Father, his threats or whatever. I know before you posted asking for peeps to take on these characters. Any prospects there?

Estelle answered Spada a little distractedly. Karlin's unease, though disguised, was growing.

"Yes, it is a recent promotion - not a month gone"

Spada seemed to be picking up on the girls worry, also, and conversation faltered.

Estelle folded her hands calmly infront of her on the table and lifted her eyes expectantly to the young female across from her.

"Karlin....what's going on?"

KarlinDarkflame
Jan 31st, 2004, 06:15:09 PM
OOC: I'm thinking that she could be captured in this thread, yeah...and then....she'd probably be taken to some sort of Sith hideout, so that would be in another thread. I had found two others who were interested, but they never really did anything to show that they really wanted to do it, and it's more fun to have others RPing the characters...I could start off with Karlin having a conversation with her father in her head in this post...and somehow we could get in the capture.....Spada, would you be willing to NPC her brother and father if I NPC'd her sister? I wouldn't be that good at it since she's a Sith but its only an NPC....unless you know someone else who may be interested in doing it?

"Hmm?" Karlin seemed to come out of her daze and looked to Estelle and Spada. She shook her head, "It's nothing...I just thought I felt something."
Hello, daughter a dark voice suddenly appeared in her head and Karlins dark blue eyes lit up at hearing the voice. She knew the voice. Knew it very well, in fact. The last time she had heard it was after her brothers death. But how was he in her head? Did that mean he was close by? These questions, plus more, ran through her head. She didn't like this. Father....? she asked. Yes, it is I. I see you've found some friends among the Jedi. It will not be long before you turn their back on them, I am sure. I can sense the anger and fear within you, Daughter. You are your mothers daughter, and the role of the Daughter of the Sith has been passed on to you. Karlin pulled in on the Force, praying that neither Estelle nor Spada had heard any of this, and hoped that she could block her thoughts from them as the conversation continued, yet tears began to show in the dark blue pupils of hers which showed that something was wrong...Look in the corner, Daughter, and you will see me. She looked around helplessly and finally her eyes landed on a figure cloaked in complete black, none of the features of his face showing. A tear rolled down her cheek but she didn't seem to notice. Why the tears, Daughter? Old memories? Suddenly out of no where, she cried out of pain loudly as a sudden flood of memories poored into her head: A little girl around eight years old (however old I said she was when her brother died...I forget now.) lay by the body of a young boy with brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, a little below his shoulders, not breathing, tears rolling down her cheeks. A laugh is heard, a dark voice, and three figures appear a few feet in front of the body and girl. Suddenly, a surge of pain is poored into her head and she falls onto the floor holding her head, gritting her teeth, her eyes closed. When she looks back up to the corner, the figure is gone...yet she can't get rid of the pain in her head, and doesn't seem to care about those around her staring at her. The pain is so intense that she falls unconcious. (Okay.....so maybe I won't go with the capturing thing in here...:\ But if we end up going to another thread or something maybe we could do it there? *Shrugs*I figured it'd get some excitement going.)

Estelle Russard
Jan 31st, 2004, 08:25:53 PM
ooc: I have a Sith character that could nab Karlin at the request of her family, if that helps. I will PM you.

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 1st, 2004, 03:28:39 PM
OOC: So.......is someone gonna post?

Estelle Russard
Feb 1st, 2004, 05:07:19 PM
ooc: Sure, but a day isn't a long time to wait for a reply. Just so you know.

Estelle stood abruptly, suddenly a commanding figure and spoke with a calm authority.

"Spada - take Karlin out of here"

The Jedi Master searched the room, a frown creasing her brow in both concern and concentration. Estelle felt a definite imbalance in the force and it was thick with the darkside, her hand resting on the hilt of her lightsaber. She found no source of the disturbance - she had not been expecting to, but she had to make sure. What ever contact had so distraught Karlin, had been made in the young womans own mind. It was not in this room with them.

However, prudency warrented Estelle to be wary and, satisfied now that there was no immediate physical danger, she turned and assisted Spada.

"We will take her back to the Order, to her living quarters. Ready?"

spada
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:02:45 PM
ooc. could you like sum up what just happened Karlin im confused. as for yur bro and father i guess i could if i knew hoe they acted and the whole storyline.)

Spada nodded. He had picked up pieces of what Karlin was thinking and was very distrubed by it. He slung the Padawan on his shoulder and said to Estelle,

"Lead the way. I do not know where she lives."

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 2nd, 2004, 02:14:57 PM
OOC: Okay, as for the whole storyline..I can't entirely tell you ALL of it because I haven't figured it ALL out really, like in huge detail, but Karlin's mother and father were both on the dark side when she was born, and Karlin is the youngest of four. The two oldest are twins, a boy and a girl, the third was a boy older by a few years who was killed by a Sith, and Karlin blames herself for it. Umm...if I remember correctly (its been kinda a while since I worked on her storyline), a Jedi tried to rescue Karlin and her siblings from having lives of Sith and killed her mother in the process, only being able to rescue Karlin and her second oldest brother, when Karlin was maybe three years old. They were taken to a new planet, and at SOME point, Karlin's brother was killed by the Sith, so Karlin became an orphan...I know there's more to what happened after that, but Karlins brother, sister, and father want to turn her to the dark side.
As for what happened in the post, basically, Karliin was sitting there and she heard the voice of her father (ex: Hello, daughter(father) a dark voice suddenly appeared in her head and Karlins dark blue eyes lit up at hearing the voice. She knew the voice. Knew it very well, in fact. The last time she had heard it was after her brothers death. But how was he in her head? Did that mean he was close by? These questions, plus more, ran through her head. She didn't like this. Father....?(Karlin) she asked. Yes, it is I. I see you've found some friends among the Jedi. It will not be long before you turn their back on them, I am sure. I can sense the anger and fear within you, Daughter. You are your mothers daughter, and the role of the Daughter of the Sith has been passed on to you.(father)). Karlin found that her father was in the cantina, but hiding his presence through the force, only allowing her to see and hear him. Then he sent her an image through the force of her when she was younger laying by the body of her brother, which caused her to hold her head and more or less go unconcious...as for how the brother and father should act, they're on the dark side.....so, they'll be evil...and they want her to turn to the dark side, so they'll do anything to convince her to do (i.e. torture (like Han Solo in the movie, etc) so...I can't really post until Karlin wakes up, sooooooo.....

Estelle Russard
Feb 2nd, 2004, 04:31:04 PM
Estelle assisted Spada by leading the way - the Kel-dor was quite strong and Karlin was slight of build so it was no problem for him to carry her.

Before long they were safely in the padawan's quarters, Karlin resting on her bed while Spada and Estelle spoke quietly in the living room, speculating somewhat on what exactly had transpired.

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:17:08 PM
Pain. That's all she felt in her head. This huge aching pain, like someone slowly pushing a needle into your head. Pounding of blood through her veins...Darkness. That was all she saw, for her eyes were closed, yet she could see shadows of light here and there and finally she was able to bring herself to open her eyes. She found that she was no longer in the cantina, but she was in her new room. Slowly she sat up, and groaned at the sudden rush of dizzyness she felt. Sighing, she pushed herself out of the bed and went into the living room.
Once in the living room, she looked up to see both Spada and Estelle there, talking, probably about her. A rosey color came to her cheeks as she entered, trying to ignore the pain in her head as she walked toward the couch and sat down, not sure what to say.

spada
Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:47:22 PM
"...yes, the message was very disturbing..."

Spad looked up from talking to Estelle and noticed Karlin wake. He looked back at Estelle and said,

"I picked up something about 'friends', and 'turning her back'. Then it said 'daughter of the sith' in the end. It was a very blocked out thought."

he nodded his head to Karlin, wanting to ask if they should see how she was.

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:18:02 PM
Just as she came in, she heard Spada's words, and all emotion disappeared from her face. She looked at the two of them, swallowing hard, "Look, before you say anything, I know that what happened in the bar couldn't have been the most enjoyable thing for you to have to deal with. I will tell you what I told Estelle, Spada. My name is Karlin Darkflame, and both my parents were on the dark side when I was born. My mother was killed by a Jedi who attempted to rescue my siblings and I from lives of becoming Sith, and was only able to save my second oldest brother and I. My brother was killed a few years later by a Sith, and I've been an orphan ever since, since the Jedi who saved us was killed eventually as well. My father, brother, and sister want me to turn to the Dark Side. I refuse. Until I give in, they won't leave me alone, and they won't stop trying to torture me. What you saw today was an attempt at torture. If I am brought into the hands of my father, I am more than likely doomed, so I may as well start packing up now. I don't want to bring any danger to this place. I thought I had started to find a family, people I could call friends, but if it means bringing danger to their lives, I won't stay here, and my dream of becoming a Jedi and following the wish of my brother, following his path to becoming a Jedi that he was unable to follow, will disappear." With that, she started to turn back into the room, the only hint of emotion being a tear in her eye which soon began to roll down her cheek.

Estelle Russard
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:07:05 PM
"The Jedi are not afraid of your past, Karlin. Dont use us as an excuse to run from the one safe haven you can rely on"

Estelles words were firm and cut right through emotion and fear without remorse.

"Go, if that is your choice. But to my way of thinking, it makes more sense to find someplace and make a stand against the darkside. And what better place than right here, among those that understand and have the courage to stand with you"

spada
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:58:37 PM
Spada contently stood alongside Estelle. He was not good at comforting people, and he wa thinking the same thing Estelle did. He was however, concerned for the safety of the Academy, but not because of Karlin...

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:02:27 AM
She spun on her heel, turning to look at them as tears rolled down her cheeks, "How could they not be? You can't tell me that after hearing about my past, you don't feel a little scared that something might happen to you or the other Jedi because of me and my father. How can I rely on the Jedi? You saw what happened in the bar. They probably all think I'm crazy. You can't tell me that these kinds of things happen every day, so its nothing they're not used to." Slowly closing her eyes, she pushed at the tears as the fell down her cheeks, trying to keep herself calm. She shook her head, "I don't know what to do. I feel like if I stay, I could put you all in danger...but if I go, I'll have no where to go..." She fell onto her knees as she cried, her head lowered so she wouldn't have to make eye contact with either of the other two, feeling embarrassed enough as it was.

Estelle Russard
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:44:18 AM
"No, actually. I dont feel afraid of those that have given themselves to the darkside of the force"

Estelle had not moved form her place. Karlin was very upset, and Estelle understood her reasons, but the time for consolling was not yet. A choice had to be made by this young padawan. And only Karlin herself could decide.

"And I think you will find the rest of the Jedi are not afraid either. A healthy understanding of the danger, to be sure. But no, not fear"

She would have added that those here at the Order were used to seeing some pretty bizare things, but felt that would only clutter the issue and so refrained.

"Your family would have you tormented by things they will try to do to you, or even to those you care about. They will also try to cripple you with the fear of the possibility of what they may do.

You cant give into this Karlin. It is what they want."

Her tone softened a little, though remained level.

"You came here for a reason. This is the first real challenge to your committment to do right. Will you fail this first test...?"

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:21:54 PM
She sniffed, listening to Estelle's words, and shook her head, "They all ready more or less took away the one that I cared about. For all I know, they arranged to have my brother killed. They don't know that I'm going to train to become a Jedi...so they can't count on my fear of anything happening to anyone here." She whiped away her tears, looking up at Estelle as she said these last words, and no emotion appeared on her face at first.
"I'm not afraid of them. I'm not afraid of becoming a Jedi despite what they say and think. I won't fail my brother," was all she said.

Estelle Russard
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:42:23 PM
It sounded to Estelle that Karlin had decided to stay, though she couldnt be sure.

"You agree then, that taking off on your own is not the best course of action?"

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:48:02 PM
Sighing, she nodded. What other choice did she really have? She was better off in a place where she'd be semi-protected than always on the run having to look over her shoulder.

"The first time my father does something, though, I'm getting out of here...if I were to stay, it would put all the Jedi here in danger, and it would be my fault. I all ready blame myself for my brothers death...if something were to happen to the Jedi here because of me, I wouldn't be able to promise to stay on the light side...yet I wouldn't promise staying on the dark side, either."

spada
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:00:55 PM
Spada listened to the two speak and said,

"Let us concentrate on your descision now. When other things happen, you can decide then. We need not jump to conclusions."

He then added,

"But anyway, I do not think that your father would try such a stunt in the Jedi Academy."

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:20:36 PM
Karlin shook her head, "You don't know my father, or brother and sister. They're Sith. They don't care about the Jedi, to them the Jedi will be one more set of people to kill. My father is angry about the fact that I'm even WITH the Jedi, nevermind the fact that I want to become one. I'm his only heir that has yet to be trained as Jedi or Sith, and he'll stop at nothing to see that I become a Sith, but if I become a Jedi, he'll be really angry. Why do you think he gave me such a huge headache in the bar? That was his doing. My mother was killed by a Jedi in an attempt to save my sibblings and I. My father knows that I am with the Jedi, and this is the first place they'll attack. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know, especially a Sith Lord as powerful and dangerous as my father."

spada
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:44:40 PM
Spada held out his hands motioning that he meant no harm,

"Hey. Hey. I didnt mean it that way. The situation before was different from what you say. Last time, there was only one jedi. Even if he attempted to get you, the whole jedi academy would be on his tail."

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:29:03 PM
Karlin closed her eyes for a few moments, trying to keep herself calm. She opened them and looked at Spada.
"There were Jedi in that cantina when my father was there, but I was the only one who could sense him. To him, the Jedi are mere casualties, and I will be the only one he wants alive. He'll do what he has to to get to me, which means that he knows I'll be among the Jedi, and one of the first places he'll look is here...so by staying here, I put the lives of others at risk. I don't want to do that, because he's my father, and no one else should have to deal with it but me."

Estelle Russard
Feb 13th, 2004, 09:09:03 PM
"It seems to me" Estelle interjected calmly, "that you are making some assumptions of your own regarding the Jedi here. That they are fearful, helpless, vunerable. We are not. You sensed your father because you have a connection with him. He has an inroad into your mind."

Estelle didn't like the way Karlin spoke of her uncertainty of remaining true to the light.

"Serving the truth is a choice and an act of the will. Regardless of circumstance."

She stepped forward, closing the distance between herself and Karlin, her voice took an unwaivering tone as she repeated herself for emphasis.

"Regardless of any circumstance"

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:20:20 AM
At Estelle's words, Karlin backed away from her and glared, "I'm not making any assumptions. I don't have any doubt that they can take care of themselves, but as long as I stay here, my presence is a threat to them, because anywhere I am, my father is either going to show up or send my brother and sister. I have no doubt that they, too, have become powerful, especially as twins. If any attack were to happen at the Academy, it would be because of me that some of the Jedi could be hurt or killed. I realize that sometimes the Jedi must take risks, but this isn't worth it. It just isn't. I'll stay, for now...but as soon as I know that there's a definate danger to the Academy, I'm out of here. I suggest you tell the other Jedi Master's that there's a possible threat...I'd even be willing to tell them about the threat myself, if I had to."

(Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I had my birthday party on saturday so I wasn't on til last night but I was too tired to post.)

spada
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:08:02 PM
Spada nodded,

"If it is making you that on edge, then I'm sure we can inform the Council of this..."

he glanced at Estelle to see if it was ok.

"As for you thinking about leaving, I will leave you to that. It is your choice to make, no matter how wrong I see it to be."

He thought it strange for her to be unsure. He made it his philosophy to always make a descision, although sometimes he broke his own rule. Spada looked at the two and felt that he did not exactly belong in their matters.

Estelle Russard
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:54:32 PM
Estelle held the younger woman with a candid look, trying to read her heart and not react to the anger with which Karlin had adressed her.

Clearly, Karlin would keep her own council on this situation. To Estelle, it appeared that she considered herself alone on this, and seemed determined to remain so.

"As I said, it is up to you."

Estelle acknowledged what Spada had said.

"Yes, the Council will want to be apraised of the matter, that pretty much goes without saying."

She turned now back to Karlin.

"You should bear in mind that becoming a Jedi padawan changes things. You speak of walking away from the Order and from your training as if you were getting up from the dinner table.
I have to say that concerns me."

Estelle worried that perhaps Karlin may not have the determination it took to become a Jedi.

She turned to leave.

"Perhaps you should get some rest if you can."

ooc: Happy (late) Birthday to you!

spada
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:07:04 PM
Spada nodded at Estelle's words,

"Yes, maybe a good nights rest will do you good."

He turned and followed Estelle to leave Karlin alone.

KarlinDarkflame
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:53:36 PM
(I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry its taken me forever to post...I never got anything through email that anyone had replied to the message, except for one from Spada, so I never checked.)

Karlin looked at Spada, "I may or may not leave. I don't know; I'm so confused and scared that my father will do something to hurt anyone that I have a chance of becoming friends with, that I don't know what to do anymore. I will talk to the Council as soon as I can, and tell them what's happening. I won't leave before I meet with them."

She listened to Estelle's words and nodded slowly, "I speak of walking away from the Order only because I may be a threat to them because of my father. I'm human. I would not be able to live knowing that it was my fault innocent Jedi were killed, because I did not get away from the Academy in time. I'm not saying that I would walk away from my training. If anything, I would go away for a little while and come back when I felt that my father might not do anything, and hopefully by then I will have a Jedi Master. I will wait and see what the council has to say to decide what I will do."

She waited for the two of them to leave before walking to the couch and sitting, pulling her legs up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. She doubted she would be able to sleep, too afraid that another nightmare from her father would haunt her dreams.

KarlinDarkflame
Mar 4th, 2004, 06:37:43 PM
OOC- is someone going to post?????

spada
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:35:57 PM
ooc. i dunno, me an estelle just left and you went to sleep

KarlinDarkflame
Mar 5th, 2004, 11:02:10 AM
OOC-...so...should I be the one to start a new thread for the Jedi Council meeting, or should Estelle do it?

Estelle Russard
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:40:35 PM
Go for it.

Your final IC post seemed a good point to stop. A little less on the inpatient ???'s would be a good adjustment for you to make for future RPs.

KarlinDarkflame
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:33:00 AM
OOC- Umm....okay....considering the fact that no one said whether or not they were going to make a new thread...and no one had posted on this thread for a while...don't I have a right to be kind of impatient? (Sorry if this comes out as me having an attitude. I barely got any sleep last night because I'm sick with the flue.)

I will post the link to the thread once I make it...I'll make a guess as to where it should go. Let me know if its not in the right spot.

Estelle Russard
Mar 7th, 2004, 06:44:31 PM
You actually have been impatient a fair bit in this thread.

"ttt" (to the top) or "Bump" is usually a sufficient and polite way to nudge a thread back into action. People get busy. You may find that happens alot to threads you are in.

btw, you can also Private Message people if you are unclear whats happening with a thread. That works too.