PDA

View Full Version : It's the 80's all over again!

JMK
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:58:25 AM
http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/ent_news/

These are too cool! I'm going to have to get my mom to run to Target in Georgia to get them and ship to me here in Montreal! :D

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:38:33 PM
There are going to be five of these glasses, each one with a figure.
Anakin=AOTC
TPM=Maul
ROTJ=Slave Leia
ESB=X-Wing Luke
ANH=Ben Kenobi

Each one will come with a figure and I believe the glasses will be plastic. The original BK glasses are one of my favorite collectibles. I had them and broke them all as a kid. I've got a full set now and some doubles and I'm looking forward to having these new ones join them on the shelf.

Speaking of retro, you know they're going to be re-issuing vintage figures on vintage style cards. Something very similiar to what Mattel did with the Masters of the Universe reissues awhile back. Some vintage collectors hate the idea, but I don't mind it at all. They're upset because the reissue will certainly bring down some of the vintage prices.

Zyon Rouge
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:24:01 PM
Those glasses look pretty sweet. I better start saving my money now to get those.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:59:04 PM
I can't wait to start seeing those re-issued figures. I don't know if I'll get into those though, especially if they start releasing every one that they made.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2004, 05:56:50 PM
The re-issue will only be for a few figures. Main characters mostly. I'd be surprised if we get more that a dozen or so. The figure will probably be under 10.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2004, 06:12:57 PM
That's good news. Hopefully I can get them all, provided they're available here.

Jinn Fizz
Jan 10th, 2004, 02:11:19 PM
I still have a good number of my original Burger King glasses from all 3 OT movies, and I still drink out of them. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking out of the ANH Luke Skywalker glass right now as we speak. :)

Unfortunately, I've broken a few over the years...the one I'm most bummed out about is the Lando glass from the ESB set. That was an awesome glass.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 03:31:57 PM
They're not that expensive on eBay. I got each of mine for about $4-$8 a piece. I really should get some of my doubles out but I just can't take the risk with these maniac children running loose.

JMK
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:24:37 PM
Ebay is where I got the glasses I own. I don't remember what I paid for them but considering the exchange rates, I wouldn't have bought them if they were too expensive.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:55:15 PM
Rebelscum has packaging photos for the glasses. They're coming on blister cards, which I wasn't expecting.

JMK
Jan 12th, 2004, 11:11:00 AM
I wasn't expecting that either. It sort of makes the product look cheaper. Though I suppose you want to be able to see the glasses and some will possibly want to drink from them, negating the importance of the packaging altogether.