PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Picks: Divisional Round

Figrin D'an
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:06:25 PM
Let's get right into the second round...

Saturday, Jan. 10

Carolina at St. Louis -- 4:30 PM ET
Tennessee at New England -- 8:15 PM ET

Sunday, Jan. 11

Indianapolis at Kansas City -- 1:00 PM ET
Green Bay at Philadelphia -- 4:45 PM ET

Picks must be in by kickoff of the first game of the weekend, ie. 4:30 PM ET on Saturday.

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:20:53 PM
STANDINGS! I WANT PLAYOFF STANDINGS! (Gee, you'd think I went 4-0 last week.)

JMK
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:31:17 PM
Saturday, Jan. 10

Carolina at St. Louis (w) -- 4:30 PM ET
Tennessee at New England (w) -- 8:15 PM ET

Sunday, Jan. 11

Indianapolis (w) at Kansas City -- 1:00 PM ET
Green Bay at Philadelphia (w) -- 4:45 PM ET

Figrin D'an
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:44:02 PM
Many people went 4-0 last week.

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2004, 05:07:15 PM
Who I'd LIKE to see win:
Saturday, Jan. 10
Carolina at St. Louis
Tennessee at New England

Sunday, Jan. 11
Indianapolis at Kansas City -- 1:00 PM ET
Green Bay at Philadelphia -- 4:45 PM ET

But picking 3 road teams at this stage of the playoffs is just insane. So, let's break 'em down and see where it takes us:

Carolina at St. Louis
The Panthers beat up on an overachieving Cowboys team last weekend. They're good, but they're still young. The Rams are at home and I just can't see Carolina putting up enough points to beat St. Louis. Their defense is good enough and Bulger is eratic enough to produce some turnovers, but it won't be enough.

Tennessee at New England
I hate the Pats with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns! Okay, I'm exaggerating. The only team I reserve that level of hatred for is the Niners. But NE isn't far behind. I can't stand the smugness of Brady and there should be a rule that NFL head coaches shouldn't dress like homeless people on game day. That being said, Belichek is simply brilliant and his head coach honor was well deserved. The Pats had no business winning 14 games with the number of injuries they had this year. Brady is careful with the ball and can make a big play when he needs to, just ask the Dolphins. Belichek's defense looks different from week to week and keeps offensive cooridinators up at night.

Tennessee is just too banged up. McNair didn't just look bad at times last weekend, he looked hobbled. He had trouble getting some power on his throws. Eddie George's shoulder could pop out with one good hit. They have an amazing run defense, but Brady should be able to throw against them. I'm going to hate myself for this, but I'm taking the Pats. Lord, please let me be wrong!

Indianapolis at Kansas City
I like KC. Dick Vermeil, Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, they're all stand up guys and some of the best in the business. But it's hard to find the same level of talent on the other side of the ball. Unless the Human Joystick can return to his early season form Manning and Harrison should be able to outscore the Chiefs. Because this game is at Arrowhead the Colts will have to put together their best game of the season. I don't know how they can top their destruction of Denver, but they're going to have to put up the same kind of numbers to come away with the win. I think they will. Indy wins in a shootout.

Green Bay at Philadelphia
I believe in Destiny. Well, at least Packer Destiny. The loss of Westbrook will cost Philadelphia. The Eagles won a lot of games the second half of the season, but they're vulnerable. If things start to go wrong last season's home loss to Tampa Bay will come back to haunt them. My second road upset is right here in Philly. Favre WINS!

My OFFICIAL picks:
Rams
Pats
Colts
Green Bay

And because Fig is too lazy, here are the standings so far: ;)

Brielle Acaana 4-0
jjwr 4-0
Figrin D'an 4-0
Nathanial K'cansce 4-0
Jedieb 4-0
Syo 3-1
JMK 3-1
JMC 3-1
Reaper 3-1
Grev Drasen 3-1
Ryan Pode 2-2
Taylor Millard 2-2

Ryan Pode
Jan 5th, 2004, 06:45:05 PM
You people got lucky. I should be 3-1 and not 2-2. :(

Anywho...

Saturday, Jan. 10

Carolina at St. Louis Win
Tennessee at New England Win

Sunday, Jan. 11

Indianapolis at Kansas CityWin
Green BayWin at Philadelphia

Ace McCloud
Jan 5th, 2004, 06:50:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb

Green Bay at Philadelphia
I believe in Destiny. Well, at least Packer Destiny. Favre WINS!

Wooo! ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2004, 07:00:12 PM
I am picking all home teams :p

Saturday, Jan. 10

WCarolina at St. Louis -- 4:30 PM ET
Tennessee at New England W -- 8:15 PM ET

Sunday, Jan. 11

Indianapolis at Kansas City W -- 1:00 PM ET
Green Bay at Philadelphia W -- 4:45 PM ET

See I disagree with you jedieb every time the Colts play that well the following week Manning and company plays horrible. I don't see them putting up 30+ points, I am thinking KC wins 28-24 in a close game but no shootout. The problem with the Colts is they stink on the road in the postseason, they haven't won a road non-dome game since they were in Baltimore.

Syo
Jan 5th, 2004, 07:29:40 PM
St. Louis
New England
Indianapolis
Philadelphia

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2004, 08:05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I am picking all home teams :p

COWARD!!!

See I disagree with you jedieb every time the Colts play that well the following week Manning and company plays horrible. I don't see them putting up 30+ points, I am thinking KC wins 28-24 in a close game but no shootout. The problem with the Colts is they stink on the road in the postseason, they haven't won a road non-dome game since they were in Baltimore.

I wont argue that the Chiefs shouldn't be favored. Indy has struggled following big games. You never know which defense will show up; the one that let Denver keep the ball for 45 minutes, or the one that harrased Plummer and kept Portis from running wild. Both the KC and Indy defenses need help from their offenses. They need their offense to get TD's instead of FG's, and keep the other team's offense off the field. I'm hoping this match up gives us one of the weekend's close games. A tight game between these two offenses would be a great show.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2004, 10:54:46 PM
I think it will be close. And I bet it won't be a shootout because that is what everybody will expect, the game will probably be in the 20's. Personally I think the difference will be Holmes he really shines in big games, and I think he will be the difference maker, although I would never count on Dante Hall to pull off something heroic.

jjwr
Jan 6th, 2004, 08:23:52 AM
Right now I'm leaning towards all home wins as well.

If the Colts were visiting just about any other stadium I would give them a better shot but its hard to play at Arrowhead and the Chiefs will have a big advantage. The Chiefs offense is much better than that of the Bronco's and I can't see them making the same mistakes with blown coverage that the Bronco's did.

The Rams.....I don't have much confidence in these guys but the I have less in the Panthers. The Rams can still score on just about anyone and the Panthers offense isn't quite ready yet.

That being said this could be my upset pick, if the Panthers can get to Bulger early and shut down Faulk they could take this one.

The Packers and Eagles, well my opinion is the Packers are getting very lucky at the right time. For as well as Ahman Green played this year they were lucky to finish above .500. Now its just a matter of how far their luck can take them.

And the Patriots. With McNair and George a big banged up I can see Belechick sending the Farm after them early and knocking him down. Once he gets to him regularly it should really limit his effectiveness, possibly force some turnovers with some off-looks or the Line Backers dropping back into coverage.

The Pats can throw the ball on them, I could see them coming out with 7-8 straight passing plays and scoring a few TD's early.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:24:51 AM
St. Louis
New England

Kansas City
Green Bay

I wanna pick Indy, cause they are a really good team, but I think the KC offense willbe able to beat out the Indy O.

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:11:10 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Redskins are in "serious negotiations" with Joe Gibbs to return to coach the team that he once lead to three Super Bowl victories.

Wow... things just get stranger.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:23:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1702079

Here's the link. They've got to be kidding us right? I wanted to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Joe Gibbs + Unfamiliarity with salary cap = :shootin:headbash

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:48:35 AM
Still Joe Gibbs is a great coach, and I would guess he would not mess with the salary cap stuff they will have somebody else handle player personell.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:48:59 AM
They got Vinny Cerrato(sp?) as GM, he's a good GM who will handle that portion of things. He's the guy that Spurrior supposedly had issues with and partially blamed for why it didn't work.

I could see them being a decent team with a competent coach and the solid managment staff they have.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:49:54 AM
Reskins fans are going NUTS on the Tony Kornheiser show this morning following the news of Gibbs being in the running for head coach. They all think they've died and gone to heaven.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:13:41 AM
Looks like it's official:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1702341

Wow, this is really really big.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:52:33 AM
Panthers
Titans

Colts
Packers

*is Brielle, btw :)

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:41:43 PM
Just look at the lineup of coaches in the NFC East now...

Joe Gibbs
Bill Parcells
Tom Coughlin
Andy Reid

Here's my bold prediction... within 2 seasons, Gibbs will have the Redskins in the playoffs. Yeah, it's going to be tough in that division, but he's just as good a coach as Bill Parcells, if not better. He needs to find a RB for his style of offense, though. That's the only big "if" factor.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:02:53 PM
I wish the 9ers would bring back Walsh. If not him, then Seifert. I never liked the last guy :(

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:05:07 PM
Mariuci was a really good coach. San Fran made a huge mistake getting rid of him. But, they chose Terrell Owens over him. Now the irony is that they may be getting rid of Owens anyway.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:07:08 PM
I didnt like Owens, either. they should have kept that one white boy that now plays for another team and is a tight end. He reminded me a lot of Brent.......Brent whatshisname :lol

and the 'white boy' thing wasnt meant to be racist...only descriptive...sorry.

Taylor Millard
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:09:46 PM
Saturday, Jan. 10

St. Louis
New England

Sunday, Jan. 11

Kansas City
Green Bay

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:25:00 PM
I think the time Gibbs spent away from the NFL won't be much of a factor. Just look at Vermeil. Granted, Vermeil still followed both college and pro football, but he was still out of coaching and the front office and he adjusted just fine. D.C. and much of Virginia are going ape. This is the BEST hire the Skins could have made. No other coaching prospect out there would have generated this much excitement. Gibbs has always been underated as a coach. The guy won 3 Superbowls with different QB's and running backs. He should be right up there with Walsh and Parcells when people talk about coaches from the 80's and early 90's.

This reminds of the days when the NFC dominated the Superbowl and the NFC East was one of the toughest divisions in football. Eagles and Cowboys back in the playoffs with the Skins and Giants getting new coaches that may be able to turn things around. Let the 80's style bloodbath begin!

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:26:16 PM
Saturday, Jan. 10

Carolina (W) at St. Louis
- I think St. Louis is ready to have a bad game. They've had trouble protecting Bulger late in the season, not to mention Bulger has thrown several INTs lately. Against a defense like the Panthers', that's not a good thing. Marshall Faulk will have to get going in this game for the Rams to win. On the flip side, Delhomme has shown that he can throw the ball to win games, and his receivers have really stepped up their at the end of season. If he can avoid the big mistakes, and let Stephen Davis move the chains for him, Carolina can pull off the upset. They'll control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Tennessee at New England (W)
- Once again, I don't want to count out McNair. Eddie George actually looked like the back he was about 4 years ago against the Ravens. I'm not sure if that will continue this week or not, but if the Titans want to win in Foxboro, they'll need to have success running the football. If not, the Pats defense will blitz McNair nearly every play from different places on the field, and force turnovers. The one achilles heel for the Pats is running game. A running game wouldn't do them much good against the Titan's #1 rush defense anyway, so I don't see it being much of a factor. New England throws the ball 65% of the time anyway. More of the same for the Pats... they'll do what got them this far, and it'll work again.

Sunday, Jan. 11

Indianapolis at Kansas City (W)
- An offensive shootout is expected. So, it'll probably be a 17-14 game. ;) 30+ points a piece is not out of the question for these teams. KC's defense has been terrible down the stretch, and although Indy's defense has gotten better, they played the game of their season against Denver... I can't see them playing that well again. It'll come down to the late 4th quarter, but I'll give the edge to KC just because it's at Arrowhead. The Chiefs advance, but Indy won't make it easy.

Green Bay (W) at Philadelphia
- Green Bay is still riding the emotional high after the overtime victory over Seattle. There's no question they've been one of the hottest teams heading into the playoffs. They benefited from the miracle catch in Arizona to get into the post-season, and I think they realize just how lucky they were. They're still hungry after last year's post-season debacle, and they want payback against Philly. The Eagles will be without their top playmaker at RB, their defensive MVP at linebacker, and Troy Vincent will be playing hurt at corner. They'll need McNabb to make plays more than at any other point this season. In the first meeting, Ahman Green ran for 192 yards. He may not have that kind of game, but he should still top 100 yards and be a big factor. Favre has played his best ball of the season since the start of December... the key will be turnovers. Favre usually will put up a couple of passes every game that will be up for grabs. Lately, his receivers (particularly Javon Walker) have been leaping over the DB's to make the catches. If that continues, Green Bay controls the tempo of the game by running the ball, they'll win. If the Philly secondary makes the plays instead of Packer receivers, Philly will once again host the NFC title game.

Ace McCloud
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:58:42 PM
I like your picks Fig. I can see you can really read teams. You're right about Farve, hes good for one INT every game, but since his dad died he's been playing incredible. I can't wait to see what he does. But they can't forget the guy who got them there, Batman (Green). I don't think they ran him enough last week when things were looking bad. We definatly need some better play calling to pull it off though, last game was terrible. Several times we ran the ball everydown. I always think it should be pass, run, run, not like what they were doing last week, run run pass. But his recievers really stepped up and made the catches when we needed them on 3rd down.

As for the Titans, I think they'll win but it will be a tough game. If McNair plays like he did last week, were buried. But, only time will tell. Also, what Time is the Titans game? I might be out of town and away from any TV or radio...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:13:27 AM
It is a 8:30 game not sure if that helps you or not. Also Fig I think you are right about the Carolina game, I think I might change my pick. Not just because of what you said but I have been debating over it the last few days.
Also what about Denny Green going to the Cardinals? I think it might be a good movie. This is the best coach they have had in a very long time. It looks like he wants to pick Manning with their pick which could help them. They need a good QB.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2004, 07:23:22 AM
Saturday night in Foxboro is looking to be cold, we're on a cold streak in New England right now, they're estimating around 0 Degrees without the wind chill. 15-20mph winds could easily drop that to a -10 degree game.

Which the Pats are used to as they're practicing in that all week :)

As for Favre, it really is unfortunate what happened to his family, I don't like the guy or the team(professionally) but you can't knock the guy and the way he plays.

As for the receivers, I don't know what it is but I swear they don't get covered whenever Favre lobs it up there. It started in the Raiders game, all of those deep catches were against 2 and 3 DB's who could have all made plays. Against a good defensive team with a solid secondary he would have had a few INT's rather than TD's.

Ditto for the Seahawks game, they didn't have the greatest corners and it showed. The Eagles have very good corners and aren't going to be giving up all the gimme lobs that they've been completing.

One thing I read on ESPN and it rings true, you never know when Favre is going to go out and throw a 3-4INT Game. This is a running team, Green should tote the ball about 25 times with Favre throwing roughly the same number, if they force it against that secondary they're gonna have trouble.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:18:38 PM
How will the cold weather effect the game today in NE? I really don't see it as an advantage nobody can be used to playing in below 0 tempatures. Actually I see it now as a low scoring game much like the game in Kansas City back in 95 when they had similar lows. The tempature made it hard to do anything which hurt the whole game as I remember.

ReaperFett
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:31:10 PM
St. Louis
New England

Indianapolis
Green Bay

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 02:10:12 PM
It's going to be ridiculous tonight. One of the coldest playoff games ever and I believe the coldest one ever at Foxboro. If it were in the 20's then I think the Pats would have the edge, but when it's this damn cold both team are pretty even. NO ONE is use to playing at around 0 degrees. Man, those fans are going to suffer tonight.

jjwr
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:31:22 PM
Its been 0 up here for a week now, the Pats have been practicing in this so they're at least used to it and the hardness of the ball.

I forgot to post these earlier, I know I said who I was going to pick but never actually posted them. The game is in the 2nd quarter with Panthers up 7-6 right now.

I was going to go with a home sweep, Rams, Pats, Eagles and Chiefs.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 05:02:45 PM
Tight game in St. Louis. Carolina benefited from the fumble/lateral to get a touchdown. Their defense has played tough, holding the Rams to 3 field goals after giving up some yards.

Carolina appears more into the game than St. Louis. 10-9 Panthers at the half.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 05:06:13 PM
Aside from a shocking blowout, that's about as good a half as the Panthers could have gotten. If you're the Rams, things couldn't have gone much worse. You have to wonder that if the Rams are trailing at the start of the 4th quarter and Bulger has an ineffective 3rd quarter, will Warner make an appearance? They were booing Bulger just for taking that sack at the end of the second quarter.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 05:55:15 PM
Rams fans are becoming the Philly fans of the new millenium. They're not happy unless their winning by 40, and every play is a 60+ yard gain.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 06:02:09 PM
I wouldn't go that far. When they start booing Santa then I'll put them in the same league as Philly fans. After that pic, I don't see how Martz can keep Bulger in the game. We'll see.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 06:16:19 PM
Bulger had no business coming back out after that INT. That second INT was simply horrendous. It wasn't even CLOSE to the intended receiver. If the Rams manage to hold the Panthers to a FG they HAVE to put Warner in. Martz, what are you thinking?

JMK
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:20:51 PM
Does anyone want to win this football game? The Rams can't get into decent FG range, and when the Panthers do, they penalty their way out of it. At this rate the Tennessee/New England game will be over first.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:30:35 PM
And Bulger's 3rd INT sets up Carolina's 2nd overtime winning TD drive. Once again, Mike Martz proves there's no game too big for him to get outcoached. Way to stick with your wide-eyed over his head QB. Putz.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:33:53 PM
There's no guarentee Warner would have played any better. A lot of the credit has to go to the Panthers' defense. On the last INT, Manning just made a great move to the ball. You have to stick with the guy that got you there. That's Bulger. Yeah, he didn't play all that well today, but the Rams had more than their fair share of chances to win the game, just like Carolina. I'm no Martz fan either, but I don't agree with bringing in the backup QB in that situation, even if the guy is a former league MVP.

Martz's worst coaching move, by far, was underusing Marshall Faulk until the 4th quarter.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:38:18 PM
I'd of yanked him just because he's been so erratic over the second half of the season. That 2nd INT was so bad, it should have been more than enough reason to yank him. Still, the Rams were lucky to get to throw that 3rd INT because that missed FG by Casey was a present.

Consider this, on 2 different possessions inside the 10, Martz called QB running plays. ONE OF THEM IN THE 4TH QUARTER! Then he gets pissed because his QB doesn't waste a TO to get out of the play. Well, when you design an offense without audibles what do you expect? Again, brilliant coaching! :rolleyes

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:41:12 PM
Tennessee just answered NE's quick TD with a strong drive for a tying score. Obviously, the cold is causing havoc with both offenses. :crack

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 07:46:30 PM
If you're going to yank him during the regular season a few weeks before the playoffs, fine. But you don't do it in a playoff game in which your team has a great shot to win, despite the mistakes. That sends a terrible message to the entire team. If you lose, you risk your QB becoming a head case the following season, always wondering how close the hook is when he makes a mistake. If you win, you have a major controversy (ie. distraction) headed into the next round

But, yes... Martz is a fool. He's the worst big game coach in the league. Give him two weeks to prepare, and he'll out-think and outcoach himself twice over.

Jedieb
Jan 10th, 2004, 08:09:56 PM
But, yes... Martz is a fool. He's the worst big game coach in the league. Give him two weeks to prepare, and he'll out-think and outcoach himself twice over.
We'll differ on QB philosophy, but never Martz!

To extend my QB theory to the Titans game, I wouldn't be afraid to yank McNair. Just because I think his injuries have caught up to him. He's making mistakes that he easily avoided in the regular season. That's 4 INT's 5 quarters when he only threw what, 6 or 7 all year? I think his leg injuries are keeping him from putting some power on his throws. If anyone can gut it out, McNair can, but if he goes into halftime with a couple of INT's I'd have O'Donnel ready to go. Not because of a lack of faith in McNair, but because of the injuries he's playing with.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 08:31:40 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
We'll differ on QB philosophy, but never Martz!

To extend my QB theory to the Titans game, I wouldn't be afraid to yank McNair. Just because I think his injuries have caught up to him. He's making mistakes that he easily avoided in the regular season. That's 4 INT's 5 quarters when he only threw what, 6 or 7 all year? I think his leg injuries are keeping him from putting some power on his throws. If anyone can gut it out, McNair can, but if he goes into halftime with a couple of INT's I'd have O'Donnel ready to go. Not because of a lack of faith in McNair, but because of the injuries he's playing with.

I'm gonna start calling you "Steve." You've got Spurrier-itis when it comes to QB's. ;)

Ace McCloud
Jan 10th, 2004, 08:47:48 PM
Bah, put me out there. I'll play QB if McNair is gonna play like that. :grumble

Ryan Pode
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:35:35 PM
Well, I am happy the Rams lost. A little disappointed with the Titans. They shot themselves in the foot. I can't wait for the Packers to play. Thats the game I'm really looking forward to.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:51:56 PM
The Rams deserved to lose, given their play through the first 3 quarters and Martz coaching. I'm glad they didn't get a cheap victory because of a couple Carolina penalties.

The Titans played well... it's hard to fault them for the result. New England just played a bit better, and made a couple of big plays when they needed them. Tom Brady is making a nice career for himself in New England.

JMK
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:56:42 PM
What bizarre and stupid coaching from Martz. 1st down on the 10 with a chance to score a TD and he elects to run the clock out and take his chances in OT? What is that? I could understand if they were at the 30 or something and he didn't want to risk getting pushed out of FG range, but they were at the 10!!! Take a poke at the end zone. Try something. You've got Marshall Faulk for god's sakes!

Ace McCloud
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:38:32 AM
I think the titans played terrible. Well, McNair did anyway. The Defensive and offensive lines were great though. But we had like 3 delay of game penalties in a row. Then got sacked back 7 years like 5 times. Ugly ugly game.

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:07:12 AM
McNair played stupid. Like when he couldn't find a reciever and he was out of the pocket and he just ran out of bounds for a loss of about 7 yards as opposed to just throwing it.

jjwr
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:15:55 AM
He did have a mistakes but the Pats were sending the house at him and he either got rid of the ball or he would have been creamed.

As a Pats fan I gotta cheer for the Chiefs today, I'd much rather them play KC than deal with Manning again.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:22:21 AM
I think Mcnair is just not healthy. If he was healthy the Titans would have won, IMO. Also about the Chiefs I think they can play with the Pats. The Chiefs big weakness is rushing defense and the Pats don't have a big running game so I would take my chances in that game. Of course the Chiefs will have to win to get to that game.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:40:51 AM
The guys are ripping Martz on ThankGodRushIsGone Countdown. The last two minutes of that game were just bizarre. Martz coached as if he didn't trust his QB and didn't believe his Hall of Fame RB could win him the game. I'm convinced that the Rams will NEVER win another superbowl with Martz as their head coach. He's shown a pattern of bad decision making. in big game after big game. The clock is ticking for every team, especially the Rams. If they wait too long to make a change then Faulk will be in decline, Bruce will have lost a step, etc.. Honestly, even a guy like Spurrier would be a better fit for the Rams right now. Or I'd even dust off Marv Levy and give him a chance. But I'd FIRE Martz if I were Georgia F.

McNair played well at times, especially down the stretch. He and Bennet made some clutch plays on that last drive. It was a shame to see Bennet drop that last pass. I just think the injuries finally caught up with McNair. He made that great run on that last drive and you could see him limping right after it. George played better than he has in years during these playoffs. I'm sorry to see the Titans go.

I'm looking forward to today's games, especially the NFC match up. If the Packers D can take advantage of the absence of Westbrook and keep Duece under 100, then they should keep Philly under 20 points. Troy Vincent is out which means Favre is going to have that much easier a day. The key though, is Green. He ran all over Philly the last time they played. If Philly's weak run D tries to stack the line without Vincent back there Favre has got to be able to burn them.

50 degrees in KC. Let the shootout BEGIN!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:48:05 AM
I betting we don't see a shootout. I'd say that because everybody expects it and when we expect it never happens. I bet the score is in the 20's the Colts play worse on the road offensivly, averging 24 points a game Manning has thrown 6 TDs and 7 INTs on the road this year. Their offense is more suited to Turf really and grass could hurt. I think the difference will be Holmes. Vermeil will use him like Martz didn't use Faulk. Holmes will probably carry this team to NE. Also triva question who was QB when KC won the last playoff game? As a Chief fan I know and it upsets me its been that long.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:57:17 AM
I'd say that because everybody expects it and when we expect it never happens.
You're probably right. That about sums up the league for the last few years.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:09:28 AM
Yeah its very unpredictable. I do think it will be a close game though. I hope its not but I be surprised if it wasn't.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:24:12 AM
Carr and Fig are 2-0 so far. Good job guys. The afternoon games are going to even things out or give Fig a big lead.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:27:07 AM
Especially if the Pack wins. None of us picked them I don't think.

ReaperFett
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:28:52 AM
I picked GB, always do :)

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:03:07 PM
Also triva question who was QB when KC won the last playoff game? As a Chief fan I know and it upsets me its been that long.

Joe Montana?

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:16:30 PM
It was Joe Montana, Boomer made light of that on Countdown today. :)

What an absolutely amazing opening drive by Manning and the Colts. What poise and smarts in the face of all that crowd noise. Manning said the noise doesn't bother him and he backed it up on that opening sequence.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:19:11 PM
I picked the Packers as well. That was an impressive start by Manning and the Colts. I can't believe Manning was able to call all those audibles. Hey, audibles, what a novel concept! How about that Martz? Again, putz!

The last thing the Chiefs need is to lose that great crowd. The crowd will never turn on the team the way they do in Philly, or even St. Louis, but they'll lose some of their voice if the Colts keep having early success. The Chiefs have to respond to keep their 12th man in the game.

Yeah, it was Montana, right? When they were upset by the Colts in 95 I think Montana was the QB again and the Colts were led by Harbaugh. The Chiefs had a good shot at sparing the nation from another Bills Superbowl debacle, but alas....
(We need statboy to make sure we've got our facts straight. Where is he?!)

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:26:31 PM
Wow, Holmes looked like a stud on that drive. The Colts are going to have bring up those safeties. Green's on second down SHOULD have been caught. This isn't the time to try to one hand a ball like that. Keeping them to a FG is a victory for the Colts. Man, were they getting pushed around on that drive.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:37:42 PM
Indy is making it look really easy right now.

KC better have it's A-game on offense, because the Colts sure do.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:40:48 PM
That holding penalty kills their Hall spark. The Chielf need to respond so I can get the shootout I predicted! The Colts are passing as easily as the Chiefs ran on their first drive. I want to see if the Colts do a better job against the run on this second Chiefs drive.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:06:52 PM
Holy crap, 3 drivesby the Colts, all over 70 yards, all TD's. This is a blast to watch, but do either one of these defenses look like they can take their team to the Superbowl?

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:07:24 PM
Looks like we are going to get that shootout. KC better get TD's and not FG's or they are toast. Nothing has worked defensively against the Colts.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:25:03 PM
That missed FG was a killer. But that first down sack was huge. Without that Indy could have easily driven down for at least a FG. Hall is really having a great game. So is Gonzalez. That offensive penalty erasing the TD looked suspect. On replay it didn't look nearly as bad as it did full speed. The Chiefs start the second half with the ball and they're going to need a TD on that first drive.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 01:49:49 PM
A fumble on their opening drive. KC can take some solace in finally stopping Indy and holding them to a FG. They've got to step up and get in the end zone or this game will get out of hand.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:13:06 PM
Shootout is right. Everytime KC gets nearer Indy comes right back. This has to got be SO frustrating for KC...until Dante Hall strikes back. What a weapon he is. The bad news is the Indy offense is coming back on the field. The Chiefs need a stop right now.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:26:51 PM
As good as Manning was last week, he's been even better today. I've never seen a QB run an offense in that hostile a stadium so well. He's been getting them up to the line so fast that he's had tons of time to call audibles. It's unreal. That quick count that got a penalty from KC wasn't a lucky play. Manning actually saw that KC had an extra man on the field. KC really needed a stop to take advantage of Hall's great return. That last TD may be the back breaker. KC has to feel like they're going up against a machine they can't stop.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:29:17 PM
This is just nuts. It's like trying to stop an avalanche with a fishing net.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:36:49 PM
If you ask me, the Chiefs HAVE to go for it right now. Short field, long field, it hasn't mattered all day to the Colts. You need a TD and you need it NOW. Even if they pin the Colts with a punt, does anyone think the KC defense is going to stop the Colts?

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:47:20 PM
Now, the Chiefs have to go for an onside kick. If they give the ball back to the Indy offense, they're dead.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:50:14 PM
Bad move. Vemeil is going to regret that decision.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:52:50 PM
They changed their minds and kicked off. Nice play on 2nd down to get a first down. The Colts can't get conservative here. They have to keep passing and occasionally running the ball. Forget about the clock and keep doing what you've been doing all game long. James just got a great run on 1st down that may aford them to run on 2nd here, but keep being aggressive!

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:54:38 PM
One more solid gain, and they'll be in automatic range for Vanderjagt. Then they can run the ball and try to burn more clock.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:55:19 PM
I'd have kicked it onsides like you wanted Fig. So what if you give Indy a short field. Virtually ALL of their drives have been long ones and KC's defense has just been an embarrasment. They should have rolled the dice and kicked it onside. Now, if the Colts can just get into FG range it's all over. Hell, they may be able to run out the clock with a few first downs here.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 02:57:13 PM
That first down right there is a killer. Now you fall into that trap, do you run to force time outs, or do you keep playing the way you've been playing all game? KC has 1 TO so 3 runs and they can run it under 1 minute. Another first down and it's over.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:00:23 PM
The Colts should run the ball on 4th down here. There's 12 seconds difference and a run will take off a few more. I wouldn't punt because Hall is the DEVIL and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the ball at the end of the game.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:05:24 PM
The Colts haven't punted AT ALL during the playoffs so far. That's just insane.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:10:02 PM
That is insane. Amazing really. Like Brian Boucher of the Phoenix Coyotes with 5 consecutive shutouts. This kind of thing just isn't supposed to happen. Although methinks the Colts will be punting a couple times at least in Foxboro next week.

At what point do the Colts start to look fatigued? This was their 18th game and they've looked great in each of the last 2 weeks. Offensively anyway. It's going to be a great game next weekend.

Hats off to Tom Moore and Peyton Manning for completely neutralizing the KC defense's 12th player.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:10:11 PM
That was a great game. But if there's one defense that can stop Manning and the Colts, it's the Pats and their evil genius of a head coach. NE is going to have the edge next week because of their defense, the Colts lack of, and that HF. The Colts can make a game of it. They have to feel good about putting up over 30 on NE earlier this year. Then again, that goal line stand might still be in their heads. Either way, the Colts are definitely going into Foxboro as underdogs.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:19:06 PM
I still be tempted to pick the Colts, based upon how they've played so far in the postseason. They're the team with the hot hand right now. The Pats defense is top notch, but they'll have to play a great game to hold down Indy for the entire game.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:34:04 PM
I'll be waiting until I hear what the forecast will be in NE before making my pick for that game. If it will be decent weather (i.e. not full out winter cold and no snow, I may think harder about the Colts. But if it's guaranteed lousy weather I'm going with the Pats.

Now onto Philly for what should be another fantastic game. :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:37:49 PM
Well I am pissed, they better fire that defensive cordinator or I might end up going to KC and chewing out Vermiel. The guy is a moron he has the worst schemes in the NFL. They also need to make a lot of changes to defensive line. You can't give anybody that kind of time and win. Really I don't think the colts won the game the Chiefs defense just played so bad to lose. I think the Pats will beat the Colts though they played against a terrible defense today.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:38:57 PM
If you're GB, you want an early lead. You have to hand it to the fans at Arrowhead. They stayed with the Chiefs for the whole game. But if Philly gets behind early those fans will turn on McNab and company in a heartbeat. You'll hear the boos up and down the East coast.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:41:10 PM
Sorry about today Carr. Tough game to lose. I thought KC had made enough strides on defense this year, but that unit got worse as the year went on. They were around the middle of the pack at midseason but ended the year 29th. They need to go after some defensive free agents and draft some solid defensive players.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:49:18 PM
Well I am pissed, they better fire that defensive cordinator or I might end up going to KC and chewing out Vermiel. The guy is a moron he has the worst schemes in the NFL. They also need to make a lot of changes to defensive line. You can't give anybody that kind of time and win. Really I don't think the colts won the game the Chiefs defense just played so bad to lose. I think the Pats will beat the Colts though they played against a terrible defense today.

I think most of that is anger talking at the moment. I think you'll tone it down in the coming hours and days. It didn't matter what KC tried on defense. If they blitzed, Indy picked it up, Peyton found a short slant open or James just ran through holes made by blitz. High risk/high reward. If they sat back, Manning is talented enough to drop it only where his gut could catch it. I mean look at what they did to Denver last week. There's a trend emerging for the Colts offense. And the Chiefs are 4-4 since going 9-0. Someone figured them out and the book was open on how to beat KC. IMO the only team that could have beaten the Colts so far is the team they're playing next week. I do believe that KC was overmatched. Take away that Dante Hall TD return and the game isn't really close. As a matter of fact, without Hall's great returns the game could have more closely resembled last week's smashing of Denver. The fact of the matter as far as I'm concerned is that Indy is just too strong on offense for most teams, and they've proved it again today. Yes KC needs some big changes on defense but they weren't winning today's game regardless.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:49:43 PM
Well there are several reasons first they have the worst defensive cordinator in the NFL. He doesn't know how to use his players he uses them wrong and it hurts the team. Second they lost one of their best defensive players in the Cincinnati game and he could never get healthy. He was their run stopper with him hurt their defense was just never right for the rest of the season. I expect some changes next season. First they will fire Robinson. I can't see Vermeil keeping him after this season. Second they need to go after a couple defense players most DL. They will probably cut Browning and let Hicks go and maybe try to pick up Kearse who is a FA. Honestly if I were KC I trying to bring back Gunther Cunningham who was a heck of a defensive cordinator (just a sucky head coach) maybe Vermeil can sweet talk him. My only worry is their offensive line was healthy for two straight season it is going to be tough to make it three. They also had an easy schedule of course who knows what they will get next year. Teams that were winning teams could have losing records next season.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:52:41 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I think most of that is anger talking at the moment. I think you'll tone it down in the coming hours and days. It didn't matter what KC tried on defense. If they blitzed, Indy picked it up, Peyton found a short slant open or James just ran through holes made by blitz. High risk/high reward. If they sat back, Manning is talented enough to drop it only where his gut could catch it. I mean look at what they did to Denver last week. There's a trend emerging for the Colts offense. And the Chiefs are 4-4 since going 9-0. Someone figured them out and the book was open on how to beat KC. IMO the only team that could have beaten the Colts so far is the team they're playing next week. I do believe that KC was overmatched. Take away that Dante Hall TD return and the game isn't really close. As a matter of fact, without Hall's great returns the game could have more closely resembled last week's smashing of Denver. The fact of the matter as far as I'm concerned is that Indy is just too strong on offense for most teams, and they've proved it again today. Yes KC needs some big changes on defense but they weren't winning today's game regardless.
I think they would have won if they had a better defense. They put no pressure on Manning and it wasn't their offensive line. They have this problem all season. I should have saw it coming. They couldn't put pressure on Detroit and Chicago and they only beat those teams because they suck. They need a huge defense make over that is just the way it is. They should have won this game today they were at home, this is the third straight home defeat they have had in the playoffs. I am starting to think they are cursed.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 03:56:04 PM
But you have to hand it to Manning Carr. I don't think anyone expected Manning to be able to run that offense and call all those audibles with that crowd. I've never seen any QB handle noise like that.

And the NFC game starts with 2 punts. Punts? What the hell is a punt?! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:05:01 PM
Still if KC had a better defense they would have won, I guess I can't concentrate on Manning because the Chiefs defense stinks. If the Broncos had beating the Colts I think the Titans would have beaten them today.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:14:17 PM
McNab fumbles and Favre burns the Eagles. That TD pass wasn't a prayer either. Favre saw that Ferguson had his guy beat inside and threw a perfect pass. Green helped sell that play as well. Thrash just had a good runback. They need somebody to step up without Westbrook.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:14:42 PM
That's today's NFL. If you stack up on offense like the Rams and Chiefs, it's going to cost you on defense and it's shown. Both are out and their vaunted offenses are toast. Ironically both built by Vermeil.

I have the same problem with Miami. I could use the argument that if they had a better offense they would win more. They placed all of their eggs in the defensive basket and as a result they couldn't score points in big games, against good teams. It's easy to say if they had a better defense they would have won, but that would mean that they would have to sacrifice some payroll on offense. Maybe they wouldn't be able to afford so much for a punt returner, or an all-pro tight end if they wanted to have a better defense. It's all about balance and Vermeil elected to try and outscore everyone again, much like Mark Cuban does in Dallas with the Mavs. So you would give up less points, but using this logic they would have scored less too.
Some weeks it works, others it doesn't. Look at the stats of today's game. They're amazingly close, just that Manning made the most of his chances.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:16:28 PM
Great run by the overrated QB. :rolleyes The Eagles needed that. Let's see if they can get it in the end zone.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:18:47 PM
Well he has also stuck with Robinson too long, he should have fired the guy last season. I think they can go out and get people and stay under the cap but they need to get a better Def cordinator. I say bring back Cunningham and sign Kearse and I think KC will be a much better defense. Vermeil actually did have a good defense in Stl louis. I think in KC he just got stuck with the personnel which is really not his fault.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:23:53 PM
As I watch this game my old Eagles hatred is starting to rise! A couple of more bad breaks and you're libel to see beer bottles flying through the Philadelphia air!

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:28:15 PM
Do you guys think Kearse will leave the Titans? I'd be surprised to see him leave there. He may not be worth the money he'll ask. He's had quite a few injuries over the last few years. I think he's a risky free agent pick up.

Well, Favre strikes again. This really doesn't look good for Philly right now. Now GB can really turn the game over to Green.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 06:44:38 PM
The Packers should have gone for it on 4th and 1. I have a bad feeling that decision is going to come back to bite them.

I guess I'll hope for a turnover.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 06:49:56 PM
Yarg... 4th and 26 and the Eagles get the first down.

This is way too familiar.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:07:02 PM
Un-frickin-believable.

That's the worst play I've seen Farve make in years.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:12:22 PM
It's over. If Grady Jackson had wrapped Duece up then it would have pushed them back to a 45 yarder. I can't believe that 4th and 26 and that 4tha and 1 call. They go for it when they have a gauranteed FG, but they chicken out when the game can be won with a first down. Unbelievable. Well, here comes Akers....

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:15:53 PM
I don't know what Favre was thinking on that last pass. Maybe he was trying to throw it away, who knows. But it never should have come to that. Mike Sherman and his staff called way to many pass plays. They were running the ball down the Eagles throat, but they went away from that on a bunch of short yardage situations. This game was just heartbreaking.

I think the Eagles are going to eat the Panthers up next week. Ughh, I'm done ........

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:31:47 PM
Being a Packer fan, the only playoff loss that stung more that this one was last year's mess at home against Atlanta. This was pretty close though.

I know this will sound like sour grapes coming from me, but Philly didn't win that game. Green Bay handed it them.

Unbelievably disappointing.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:43:42 PM
Favre got ahead of himself. Clearly he was thinking that miracles would happen for him and it didn't.

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:49:38 PM
I don't know what he was thinking on that play. Just take the sack, for Pete's sake. Get back up, and you'll still have two more shots to get a first down.

I can't begin to count the number of missed opportunities for Green Bay. They had that game won. They just gave it back to the Eagles on a silver platter.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:00:06 PM
wait wait wait!

I thought you all said the home teams normally win in the Divisional round! I listened to you all and picked one away team, and still wound up 1-3! See if I ever listen to you all again! >_< :x

I knew I should have picked Indy.

JMK
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:39:26 PM
Home teams were 2-2 this round. I'm glad I picked 1 of the road winners. I was 3-1 this week, same as last week. I think most of us are 6-2 now.

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:36:08 PM
I think Farve thought that the safties had moved up, as he saw a lot of people on the blitz, and felt that if he threw it, his guys would be behind the safeties and could grab it. Obviously, he read the blitz wrong and got screwed.

Ace McCloud
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:41:37 PM
My father and I are now hanging ourselves. Good bye sw-fans

jjwr
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:42:22 PM
Favre has been throwing those same passes for the past 2-3 weeks and they kept falling into peopls hands between a few defenders, his luck finally ran out.

Ypu, 6-2 now, I really thought the Chiefs would win and I know I should have picked the Panthers.

Pats & Eagles in the Superbowl!!!!

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:47:22 PM
It never should have come to that point. The Packers had that game in the bag. Why they played that soft cover 2 on that 4th and 26 is beyond me. That was just inexcusable. As I'm heading off to sleep in a stupor I can't help but notice how 3 different playoff coaches forgot what got them there in the first place. On more that one short yardage situation today, Sherman forgot he had a running team. Yesterday, Martz did his typical big game brain freeze and forgot he still had a former MVP RB in the game. Last week Billick forgot he had a 2,000 yard rusher. What the hell is the matter with these coaches? Look at the Chiefs, they lost today, but they went out with all their guns firing. Holmes was a bull today and Gonzalez probably never should have had that TD taken away. They have nothing to be ashamed of on offense. In that same game you saw that Dungy used all of his weapons. Manning had another monster day, but they got over 100 yards from Edge. I swear, this has been some of the sloppiest coaching I've ever seen in the playoffs.

Ryan Pode
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:50:57 PM
Playoffs stress people out. When people stress their minds clamp up.

Jedieb
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:58:51 PM
Playoffs stress people out. When people stress their minds clamp up.

Martz gets stressed out tying his shoes. Putz.

All this Martz bashing really overshadows what the Panthers did yesterday. What they did to the Rams in the first half in the red zone ended up winning them the game. Instead of 21 points, the Rams came out with 9. There's the game right there. I think the Panthers have a good shot at upsetting Philly next week. However, if they do, they'll be canon fodder for whatever team the AFC sends.

jjwr
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:19:31 AM
Well said, the Panthers played a great game, their offense came up huge in holding them down. Thats exactly what they needed to do to have a chance in the game and they did it. They would have never been able to come back from 21 down in St. Louis.

The Marz decision is easily the biggest goof, it really does baffle the mind what he did.

Jedieb
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:24:45 PM
Sherman and Martz have been getting ripped all day. But did everybody hear the big news out of Miami today? Guess who the Dolphins hired to as their player personnel/GM? Dan Marino! That's right, Dan the Man. Now, Marino could just as easily flop like Matt Millen in Detroit, but this has to be the worst possible news Wandstandt could have heard. He basically did everything except help clean out Marino's locker and now Dan basically holds his job in his hands. I can guarantee that if the Dolphins miss the playoffs next year, Wandstadt, his coaches, and Fiedler will be out the door. I don't care how many games they win, it's the playoffs or your job next year.

Ryan Pode
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:38:26 PM
Does this mean Dan will be leaving the NFL show he does on CBS which I like a lot ..?

JMK
Jan 12th, 2004, 06:23:57 PM
This move leaves me cold. I love Dan. Don't get me wrong. But make no mistake, nothing has changed in Miami. He's not the GM, he's been named the Head of Football Operations and Rick Spielman was promoted to GM. Basically Marino is a figurehead. I don't see much change here other than the fact that Wannstedt knows now that there is someone above him in the organization that isn't a supporter of himself, his staff and his QB. Spielman and Wannstedt are good friends and Spielman's promotion to GM would create a conflict of interest when (yes, when) it comes time for Wannstedt to be fired. I think this move is only a motivator for Dan to keep Wanny looking over his shoulder, knowing that if he should miss the playoffs again, he's out the door and Dan's the guy who will do it. But I really don't see this move having any impact on the onfield product.

Jedieb
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:18:07 AM
Brielle Acaana 2-2 (6-2)
jjwr 2-2 (6-2)
Figrin D'an 2-2 (6-2)
Jedieb 2-2 (6-2)
Syo 3-1 (6-2)
JMK 3-1 (6-2)
JMC 3-1 (6-2)

Reaper 2-2 (5-3)
Nathanial K'cansce 1-3 (5-3)
Ryan Pode 1-3 (3-5)
Taylor Millard 1-3 (3-5)

Grev Drasen 3-1 (I didn't see his picks, does anyone?)

3 games left and most of us are bunched up thanks to Martz and Sherman. :mad

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:05:15 PM
The Chiefs basically fired Robinson today

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1707418

He quit but it seems like he was really forced out. I am not surprised the guy is an idiot, he has the worst schemes in the NFL. Maybe they can convince Cunningham to come back or maybe try and get Dick Juron (who was a very good defensive cordinator before he was a head coach) they need somebody good there, IMO.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:18:41 PM
He was most probably given the opportunity to leave on his own with his dignity, or be fired. Like most he chose to leave on his own terms.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2004, 12:05:40 AM
I don't particularly blame him. Still I am glad he is gone I kinda of hope they bring Cunningham back when he was in KC they had a heck of a defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2004, 12:20:08 AM
There are some rumors on the Chiefs board that they are talking to McGinnis the ex Cardinals Head Coach. The guy was an excellent def cordinator just a crappy head coach. I would like to have him. I take him or Dick Juron. I said Cunningham but I don't think he will come back.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:57:07 PM
Juron or McGinnis would be good picks, but you guys need to address your defensive need in the draft and free agency. If KC's top pick isn't a defensive stud then I think some Chief fans will revolt. Sapp is out there, but he's in his 30's and I'm not sure he's the answer you're looking for.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:09:08 PM
I wouldn't mind us getting Kearse from Tennessee. Another possibility is a top corner, there are alot big name corners available in FA this year. Champ Bailey, Shawn Springs, Charles Woodson, and Chris McCalister.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:37:58 PM
I don't know K.C.'s cap situation, but I'm sure Sam Madison will be shopped around by the Dolphins, and one of their 2 amazing pass-rushers (Taylor or Ogunleye) will be available too, most likely Ogunleye seeing as though Taylor is Zach Thomas' brother in law. They would be huge improvements to what they have now.