PDA

View Full Version : Info on one of the "new" chars appearing in Ep 3

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:00:38 AM
This is from "Starlog" magazine. There's an article about Wayne Pygram and life after Farscape, and this is what it says about two-thirds of the way through:

After cancellation, Pygram moved on to other work, including a role in the next Star Wars saga where he's "buried behind the rubber again." Technically speaking, he isn't allowed to talk about Episode III for another two years, but he does offer that he'll be appearing as a character from the first film (only twenty years younger).

I've attached a picture of him, to give an idea of how he looks (without rubber/make-up, obviously) to those who don't know him.

Someone suggested this could mean Tarkin? I think he'd do a great job at that.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:40:38 AM
At this point I wish they would just tell us who is playing Tarkin and get it over with! :lol So many have been rumored for that role...

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:42:39 AM
Well, this guy is definetly playing someone, and I think we can safely say it's male character :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:27:05 PM
I think its a good bet he is playing Tarkin, still I read somewhere that Tarkin has just a small part and is mostly a background character, he may or may not have dialogue

JMK
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:31:00 PM
True, I don't expect Tarkin to have a huge role, nothing more than what a couple Imperials get in ESB.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:44:40 PM
I agree there I would like to just see him as a background character maybe have a couple of lines and thats it.

darth_mcbain
Jan 5th, 2004, 01:30:20 PM
He certainly looks the part - I think he could definitely pull it off. I agree with the rest of you, though - while he's a good character in Ep. IV, I don't think he should have all that much of a role in Ep. III - I think it would just be needlessly dragging in as much material as possible to make Ep. III and IV flow together, material that IMHO is not necessary.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 6th, 2004, 03:43:06 AM
It just gives big fans of the movies a little thrill.

It's like a little injoke between friends, in that you know who he is and what he'll become, etc.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:09:01 AM
I actually prefer what the plan is with Tarkin in terms of it being not much more than a cameo than what they're doing with Chewie.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:21:50 AM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/Wayne_Pygram.jpg

Looks like TFN has caught on to Pygram.

ReaperFett
Jan 6th, 2004, 12:43:23 PM
Maybe he will play Christopher Walken, to help the fanboys? :)