PDA

View Full Version : Today's WTF!

Ice War'Ning
Jan 4th, 2004, 01:28:27 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040104/ap_on_en_mu/britney_spears_wedding

WTF!? o_O

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2004, 01:30:04 AM
So somebody in showbusiness marries somebody. Why is that WTF?

Kudos for her for not making it a media circus or marrying a trophy spouse.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2004, 01:32:09 AM
Clearly it is a WTF because it was so sudden. I read about this earlier and I guess she wasn't even seeing the guy regularly.

Maybe she was drunk. Damn the drink.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2004, 03:22:26 AM
Sorry, but Britney spears should be dragged out the back, beaten up and shot for inflicting the horror that is her so called music unto the world.

Abagael Zellan
Jan 4th, 2004, 03:27:59 AM
I echo Charley's sentiments and further give her bonus points for not being shallow and only restricting herself to being involved with celebrity/celebrity-related persons.

I think it's sweet.

:)

Darth Viscera
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:52:25 AM
You know what this means, right?

Britney got some on saturday night. Bump chicka bow.

edti~oh no, i hope she's not going to get pregnant!

Edit2~I think she was high on 500mg of lorazepam when she signed her marriage license. She spelled "Britney Spears" with 4.5 letters and the number 8 O_o

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2004, 05:00:03 AM
The bride wore jeans and baseball cap, according to People.com, and had a hotel bellman walk her down the aisle.

How romantic.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 4th, 2004, 05:38:21 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
How romantic.

* scraps his wedding plans* haha! err.....i'll get my coat!

Jarek T'chort
Jan 4th, 2004, 09:39:48 AM
If it was a joke that is pretty damn shallow. If not, good luck to them. :)

Lady Mylia
Jan 4th, 2004, 09:51:46 AM
But an unnamed source close to singer told the Web site that the wedding was a joke that went too far and Spears is planning an annulment.

How crazy would that be if it were true... how does a joke go THAT far?

Crystal
Jan 4th, 2004, 09:53:35 AM
When I first read it, the joke comment wasn't there... or if it was, I totally missed it.

But, either way.. like Mylia said, how does a joke go that far? When did they realize they were actually getting married? After they woke up the next morning?

I think she just wanted to get some, but had to get married to justify it ;)

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3366529.stm

But the marriage was a joke that went too far, celebrity news web site People.com says, and is already in the process of being annulled.

You know, I want to do that.. For some reason I'd find it amusing to get married in vega and get it annulled the next day. But that's alot of effort and money for fun. Maybe that's what she wanted to do :lol

In July, Spears admitted losing her viriginity after years of speculation about her self-proclaimed chastity.

Hm, I missed that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:15:35 PM
The marriage is already being annulled. :rolleyes

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:42:46 PM
You've succeeded in giving Spears what she just wanted to begin with: attention.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2004, 05:41:42 PM
If she wanted attention, there's smarter ways. Heck, announcing your engagement works better. I think they were just messing around.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 4th, 2004, 10:09:59 PM
That is not cool. Not at all. Getting married as part of a joke? How the hell does she think she is? Marriage is nothing to joke about. Ever.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 4th, 2004, 10:54:08 PM
Think Britney upset the priest O_O

Sonja Gealica
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:21:09 PM
Think Britney aroused the priest.

*cough* hornyoldmen *cough*

I think this is stupid, Britt's a whor-ibble singer and did this probably while p-ssed ant-drunk.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:46:38 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
That is not cool. Not at all. Getting married as part of a joke? How the hell does she think she is? Marriage is nothing to joke about. Ever. I bet you think death isn't something to joke about either.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:33:34 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
If she wanted attention, there's smarter ways. Heck, announcing your engagement works better. I think they were just messing around. This was all done as a publicity stunt to put her back into the spotlight. I thought it was pretty obvious when they blatantly advertised her album at the bottom of the article.

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:40:11 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
This was all done as a publicity stunt to put her back into the spotlight. I thought it was pretty obvious when they blatantly advertised her album at the bottom of the article.
Her album that is two months old, and the next thing she'd want publicity for is in March. Also, the fact that YAHOO mention this doesn't mean she planned it.

Why is it if anyone else does it it's a dumb mistake, but if it's a celebrity it MUST be a publicity stunt? Are they not human? Do that not make mistakes?

Falcon Gyndar
Jan 7th, 2004, 05:57:07 PM
I hear she wasn't drunk. They just did it to 'Do something wild'...

...and I am in complete agreement with Wei. Marriage is not something to joke about.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:37:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I bet you think death isn't something to joke about either.

Killing yourself or someone else as a joke is not funny. Telling jokes about the grim reaper, or 3 guys dying and going to heaven and having to answer St. Peter's question at the pearly gates, now that's funny.

You don't do something like get married and then turn around and say, "Oh, we were only kidding!" I hold marriage to be very sacred. Countless marriages nowadays don't survive for very long, and it's because people don't take marriage as seriously as they ought to. Two people promise to stick with one another for the rest of their lives no matter what unless one of them dies. Marriage is a very bid deal.

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:53:16 PM
Um, yeah. I doubt Brittney Spears is a stickler for the Judeo-Christian religions anyway :rolleyes

As long as the government is involved in the whole issue of marriage, it is a laughing matter, because its become a secularized union under the auspices of religious connotation.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:47:28 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Um, yeah. I doubt Brittney Spears is a stickler for the Judeo-Christian religions anyway :rolleyes

As long as the government is involved in the whole issue of marriage, it is a laughing matter, because its become a secularized union under the auspices of religious connotation.

Yeah. It's really sad. Pitiful, really. I swear the human race is degenerating before our very eyes.

Tear
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:02:50 PM
Just noticing that Wei?

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:43:03 AM
Yeah. It's really sad. Pitiful, really. I swear the human race is degenerating before our very eyes. Why because people are straying more away from religion?

Darth Viscera
Jan 8th, 2004, 05:20:45 AM
Yeah. It's really sad. Pitiful, really. I swear the human race is degenerating before our very eyes.

But of course it is!
:rolleyes

I swear, it's a funny situation we're in when so many people are judged by the actions of a drunken promiscuous pop singer girl from Louisiana. If there is one constant in life, it's that girls from Louisiana do stupid things. Just ask my heroin-addicted prostitute cousin. The whole state is one large red-light district, a breeding ground for the depraved.

Jame Kaman Dar
Jan 8th, 2004, 05:40:45 PM
You remind me of one of my best friends, whom i've known for ten years, Viscera.

It definetly sounds like something Chris would say. He's tried to sell my sister in a vending machine, and is always trying to convince me to go les. I'm sorry, but..well, God says no. Simple as that.

Tear
Jan 8th, 2004, 06:08:14 PM
Anyone else wanna go visit Louisiana? :rolleyes

Darth Viscera
Jan 9th, 2004, 01:48:53 AM
Originally posted by Jame Kaman
You remind me of one of my best friends, whom i've known for ten years, Viscera.

It definetly sounds like something Chris would say. He's tried to sell my sister in a vending machine, and is always trying to convince me to go les. I'm sorry, but..well, God says no. Simple as that.

Eh? If you're female I probably will eventually try to persuade you to become a lesbian, that's a given as it's my schtick, but where did that come from???

*hits Tear on the head with Gandalf's staff*

Quiet you fool, you'll kill us all! There are uglier and fouler things than crack whores in the deep places of the world.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2004, 01:53:34 AM
Quiet you fool, you'll kill us all! There are uglier and fouler things than crack whores in the deep places of the world

Yeah, they're called NASCAR fans

:p

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:00:03 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Yeah, they're called NASCAR fans

:p
Being from southern US I hate to agree, but I have to.

I don't even like NASCAR that much but I never turn out a chance to attend a race just for the experience. It's just a huge beerfest of redneck craziness, and it's enjoyable.

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:26:41 AM
I credit NASCAR's marketing people... they've done a great job of selling an inferior and wholely dangerous form of "racing" to the lesser mentally inclined of the population.

They must be the same people that do the marketing for Vince McMahon and the WWE.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 10th, 2004, 05:15:44 PM
I credit NASCAR's marketing people... they've done a great job of selling an inferior and wholely dangerous form of "racing" to the lesser mentally inclined of the population.

Hey hey hey, whoa back. Inferior, I can go with, because it is pretty mindnumbing. But dangerous?????? NASCAR actually have some of the best safety - they had, until recently led the world in cage design and also debris control. Their impacts are by far bigger than in any other form of motorsport and I'll give them that... it's rare you can belt a wall at 200mph+ and walk away. I cant even begin to list the ideas that come from NASCAR - catch fencing, cage design, wheel tehters, harnesses, safety nets..... NASCAR took driver safety seriously well before anyone else did. Yes, I know there's been a recent problem, but they are sorting that out far quicker than other groups would be.

I'll give pros where pros are due. My own racing vehicle has ideas and techniques for safety ripped from NASCAR. The HANS device was mandatory in CART and Indy well before it was so in F1.

Now if they would also turn right......

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2004, 05:50:18 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Hey hey hey, whoa back. Inferior, I can go with, because it is pretty mindnumbing. But dangerous?????? NASCAR actually have some of the best safety - they had, until recently led the world in cage design and also debris control. Their impacts are by far bigger than in any other form of motorsport and I'll give them that... it's rare you can belt a wall at 200mph+ and walk away. I cant even begin to list the ideas that come from NASCAR - catch fencing, cage design, wheel tehters, harnesses, safety nets..... NASCAR took driver safety seriously well before anyone else did. Yes, I know there's been a recent problem, but they are sorting that out far quicker than other groups would be.

I'll give pros where pros are due. My own racing vehicle has ideas and techniques for safety ripped from NASCAR. The HANS device was mandatory in CART and Indy well before it was so in F1.

Now if they would also turn right......

If they really took safety seriously, they would have implemented a manditory HANS device rule before several of their drivers got killed or seriously injured because of neck injuries (CART and IRL were way ahead of the curve on this, agreed), and they also would revisit their policy regarding use of restrictor plates. Nothing like wiping out 15 cars on one fender tap because no one can pass anyone else.

Part of it is the inherent design of the vehicles, but they could still do more research into momentum transfer in crashes. At least in a CHAMP car, most of the force of impact is transferred to the shell of the vehicle, instead of straight back at the driver.

NASCAR may have good roll cage design, but they've left themselves in the dark ages on nearly everything else.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 10th, 2004, 06:24:51 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
If they really took safety seriously, they would have implemented a manditory HANS device rule before several of their drivers got killed or seriously injured because of neck injuries (CART and IRL were way ahead of the curve on this, agreed), and they also would revisit their policy regarding use of restrictor plates. Nothing like wiping out 15 cars on one fender tap because no one can pass anyone else.

Part of it is the inherent design of the vehicles, but they could still do more research into momentum transfer in crashes. At least in a CHAMP car, most of the force of impact is transferred to the shell of the vehicle, instead of straight back at the driver.

NASCAR may have good roll cage design, but they've left themselves in the dark ages on nearly everything else.

HANS is STILL not implimented in most motorsport. In fact, NASCAR is still way ahead on that game, even if it seems they lagged. F1 only just implimented HANS and they did it kicking and screaming. Almost all other forms of touring car racing does not have HANS. Most open wheelers do not have HANS.

Restrictor plates are there because the cars would then be goign too fast. The typical NASCAR motor is carby fed and is a nethaneral design because, quite simply, if they were more they would overpower the tracks and really be lethal - NASCAR pretty much has it worked out that there is not much that you can do safety wise if the cars hit at 220 mph or above. There has to be a speed limit and they called it. NASCAR's have undeniably the lowest amount of hi tech, the lowest amound of brakes and tyres, the oldest engine designs, not for cost or spectacle - but to keep the cars from going too fast for the tacks. I can understand that. But, I have to admit that when I had a good look inside one, it's got quite a lot of good thinking and design, plus really great standard of workmanship.

(I'm defending NASCAR?!?!?! Quick, someone take a picture!)

Their cages do a very commendable job in protecting the driver and transferring the energy away. They are the best at it, without question. I can not think of a cage design that does the job as well. My cage in the rally car is almost state of art in rallying, yet, it would stand no hope of containing the forces a NASCAR copes with.

I dont like NASCAR, but I can understand where they're coming from with how the cars are. I'm sure that a Euro design and motor would be quicker and much more advanced, but it would also probably become a splat mark on the wall, cause it's too fast for ovals.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2004, 10:08:34 AM
"well i tell ye, we run perty good all day long - we did develop a little bit of a push early in the race, brought her in, booger jackson wedge in her, she run like a spotted butt ape after that - had some real good pit stops, had some splash 'n go there towards the end - now we did get in trouble toward the middle of the race - ricky puked a motor, i got in his oil, i touched dale there on the backside, but for the most part, the hardees burger king taco bell kentucky fried chicken chevrolet, shes just awesome"

sorry ^_^; couldnt resist