PDA

View Full Version : After NJO?

Myn Donos
Jan 2nd, 2004, 05:49:12 PM
So, are there going to be books set after the NJO series, or does nobody know as of yet? Mind you, don't ruin the end of the series for me. I'm still on "The Final Prophecy".

I think it'd be kinda cool for another set of X-Wing/Rogue Squadron centralled novels, maybe spanning from their role in the war and afterwards. I mean, the Vong touched off a lot of civil wars and stuff. There's bound to be military operations even after NJO.

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:56:57 PM
There's a trilogy announced by Denning.

Myn Donos
Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:25:02 AM
Really? Awesome. I'd be kind of sad to see them stop writing novels (even though some of the NJO ones were pretty bad).

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2004, 09:27:12 AM
Some were bad, but on the other hand some of the previous ones are too :)

Basically it's continuing, but they want to concentrate on Clone War novels right now. Aside from this trilogy and the pre-NJO Luke and Mara book, We wont be seeing any more until 2006 or so.

Hart
Mar 10th, 2004, 07:11:17 PM
It would definitely make sense for them to figure out how EPIII ends before they start setting more novels after ROTJ. I was always pissed at the novels that directly contradicted the movies.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:38:40 PM
That Triolgy by Denning I think will deal with Leia and Luke finding out about Padme, my guess they go to Naboo probably don't want to deal with that big revelation till after Episode 3. Also it really hasn't been confirmed if it will be chronolgicall after NJO. It could be before it and after the Hand of Thrawn there is murky area there when mostly all we got is the Jedi Kid books besides Survivors Quest now.

V'aelna
Mar 11th, 2004, 12:40:00 PM
Originally posted by Hart
It would definitely make sense for them to figure out how EPIII ends before they start setting more novels after ROTJ. I was always pissed at the novels that directly contradicted the movies.

The books never contridicted the movies, the movies contridicted the books. Since Lucus authorised the books he should have kept the story line intact when he made the movies!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2004, 01:29:20 PM
I think you can work the books into the movies. The contradiction in the books really arent' that major and can be worked out.

March Kalas
Mar 13th, 2004, 01:45:49 PM
hey, I think GL should have made sure the authors weren't writing something that would contradict his plot, because it's annoying.

Telan Desaria
Mar 13th, 2004, 02:29:15 PM
I have been bad and not kept up. Is the NJO series over? What's the latest/last one out???

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 13th, 2004, 10:26:26 PM
The last one out is The Unifying Force, so yeah its over. I think there is a Thread on that book if you would like to find out what it is about.

Telan Desaria
Mar 14th, 2004, 02:49:08 AM
nope - - I'll read it. I was just joping it would go on for a bit, now.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:03:09 PM
Originally posted by V'aelna
The books never contridicted the movies, the movies contridicted the books. Since Lucus authorised the books he should have kept the story line intact when he made the movies!

Maybe he did the right thing and used most of them as dunny paper and wiped his butt on them. That's all some are worth for.

Ruth Leofsiege
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:39:34 PM
I must admit, I have not read very many of the Star Wars books. Which ones are the essential books that must be read?

Keira Sparrow
May 21st, 2004, 04:04:00 PM
nope - - I'll read it. I was just joping it would go on for a bit, now.

It has gone on for a bit. A lotta bit too. Three or four years I believe...

Vox
Jul 14th, 2004, 11:09:42 PM
Just to let you all know when authors write SW books they must sign something that states that Lucas can kill, destroy and otherwise make completely useless whatever they write should he feel to do so with the movies. The perfect example is him destroying the Maw death star designing.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 15th, 2004, 03:56:20 PM
And the boba Fett backstory. :p

Master Yoghurt
Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:50:27 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
Maybe he did the right thing and used most of them as dunny paper and wiped his butt on them. That's all some are worth for.

:lol very true

Ryan Pode
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:54:36 PM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
And the boba Fett backstory. :p

Please don't bring that up. It pains me, though I only got through two chapters.

Telan Desaria
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:06:23 PM
Yes - - the Death Star thing I am very angry at.....

- - - -

If you want to read more, you can read my Tales from the Empire III that I am finishing and finding a publisher for. It is of course biased, but Ive had some good reviews.

Darth_Sauron
Aug 27th, 2004, 07:51:18 AM
I'd like some books that take place betwen Episodes 3-6. Some more SOTE type stuff.

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 10th, 2004, 01:57:33 PM
I think it would be nice if they had books descring the Galactic Civil War between Yavin and Endor, and not just the main battles, but the countless other skirmishes that must have taken place.

Telan Desaria
Sep 13th, 2004, 07:15:20 PM
I have written a few

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 13th, 2004, 08:21:33 PM
Really? Could you send them to me because Ive read through all my star wars literature now at least 5 times each.

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:41:43 PM
Here is more on what happens next (from the official site):

http://starwars.com/eu/news/2004/10/news20041019.html