PDA

View Full Version : A new recruit enters

Jark Folem
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:19:46 AM
Having decided to listen to the crazed old man in the cantina (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33691), Jark Folem slowly walked into the centre, looking around for anyone to help. Seeing noone, he walked to the nearby wall and leant up against it, face upward towards the roof.

You can talk, sneak and use computer gadgets to slice, unable to do it yourself. Why are you here? Thought the man, thinking back over his life so far.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 29th, 2003, 03:14:15 AM
A figure in robes entered, clearly distinguishable as a Jedi. He approached Jark and bowed his head in greeting.

"Is there something I can help you with, sir?"

Jark Folem
Dec 29th, 2003, 02:09:47 PM
Jark returned the bow, and looked back up at the man.

"I was told I was strong in the force. Is there a way for me to find out? If so, I wish to try to be a Jedi."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:25:35 AM
"Well, there are tests that can be done but it is not the norm for us to carry them out now. We welcome anyone with the right reasons for joining into the Order. Whether or not they can use the Force is usually determined when their training begins."

Jark Folem
Dec 30th, 2003, 09:05:17 AM
"I see. Then I wish to join, if that is possible?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2004, 10:47:02 AM
"It is, providing you wish to join for the right reasons," Dasquian replied politely.

"Why do you wish to become a Jedi, sir?"

Jark Folem
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:22:05 AM
Smiling at being called sir, Jark replied.

"Because Jedi do good things for people, using powers others don't have."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2004, 02:13:14 PM
"Powers," Dasquian nodded slightly,

"Yes, you could speak of the Force in that way. I take it you understand how we as Jedi treat and use the Force?"

Jark Folem
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:38:20 PM
"You mean how you don't use it to hurt people who annoy you?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:56:51 AM
"We use it only for good, yes," Dasquian replied with a nod.

"It is not used to hurt anyone. Only to help."

Jark Folem
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:41:28 PM
"Despite this, I still wish to be a Jedi." replied Jark with a slight smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:51:27 AM
"If you are to become a Jedi, you must also understand the risks that Jedi must face. It is a difficult life, one pitted with danger. Ask yourself that, if you were stripped of the 'powers' that come with the 'job', would you still want to devote your life to others, in spite of being a target of so much hatred?"

Jark Folem
Jan 20th, 2004, 06:48:23 PM
Jark mulled the question over before answering. Although sure of his answer, he wanted to think over it again incase it was a trick question.

"Yes, as any powers you have are not the only ways to help someone."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:06:02 AM
Dasquian nodded and replied, "You have answered well, therefore I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You are free to explore the grounds, including the LQ if you are in need of accomdation, and the Bar and Grill to meet your peers. You will be notified when your training is to begin."

Jark Folem
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:18:04 AM
Jark gave another slight bow to the man before him.

"Thank you" he replied, quite relieved.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:42:12 AM
"Well, I think that's about it. You're free to go now. May the Force be with you."