PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan Soars!

Jinn Fizz
Dec 28th, 2003, 04:48:11 PM
I saw Peter Pan today, and it was wonderful, simply wonderful. Better than I'd expected it to be. Terrific performances, and superb visual effects. It's tanking at the box office, and it doesn't deserve to...if you're at all interested in seeing it, please go and see it. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 28th, 2003, 04:58:06 PM
Cool!! I'm taking my twins to see it on New Years Eve!!!

Jinn Fizz
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:05:07 PM
Have fun!!! :crack

Rikki Van-Warren
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:08:40 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure we will!! Thanks!!!

*Quay*

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 29th, 2003, 10:09:34 AM
I saw it yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. But let's face it, I went with two grown men, four boys under the age of 9 and a 5 yr old girl. Of all of us, Hollie and I enjoyed it the most.

So it's got a very small demographic: it's a chick flick for kids.

Droo
Dec 29th, 2003, 11:40:39 AM
I took my two little sisters to see it on release day and all in all I was left underwhelmed, it was fun but I can't imagine myself watching it again and it's only real appeal for me was watching Jason Isaacs as Captain Hook. My sisters liked it but were hardly gushing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:10:47 PM
Jason Isaacs was great, I really enjoyed his portrayal of Hook. I found it to be entertaining, visually great, and the action was good too, for a kids movie.

My brother in law said "Well, what made this different from any other Peter Pan movie?" ...and there really isn't an answer to that. It's the same story as the book, nearly exactly, and so I guess all that's different is that this is live action and looks awesome.

Tink was my favorite. She was great. The actress looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

ReaperFett
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:40:56 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0756203/ - The girl who played Tink.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:49:48 PM
Yeah she is a big upcoming French actress. Issacs looks great in the previes I love him as a villain from the sinister colonel Tavington in the Patriot to the even more evil Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter the man has the art of the villain down.

Cassidy Williams
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:25:03 PM
Jason Isaacs + pirate hat + lost limb = Jim Hook Yumminess :love

CMJ
May 27th, 2004, 11:04:48 PM
I finally saw this on DVD and I have to say I was pretty impressed. The film's pacing was at times off(some scenes dragged on a touch) but overall it was the best Pan ever filmed.

Much darker and more grown up than your average telling of the story. Their was a real chemistry between the two leads, that was appreciated. Isaacs was also rather good. I was rather surprised with the overall quality.

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2004, 07:17:49 AM
Of course Issacs is always good as the bad guy, he is great at playing villains.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 29th, 2004, 08:50:09 PM
I agree....what sort of Star Wars villain do you think he could be? :D