PDA

View Full Version : Files still shutting down

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 28th, 2003, 11:56:28 AM
I managed to fix the photoshop issue, but if I view files/folders in My documents, those shut down all on their own as well. Any idea as to what could possibly causing this?

Sejah Haversh
Dec 28th, 2003, 03:20:14 PM
Wait, was your Photoshop opening, then shutting down the moment it finished opening? Was that the problem? If so, how on earth did you fix it?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:31:51 PM
It sounds like you guys need to do a clean install of windows.

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 28th, 2003, 06:59:19 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Wait, was your Photoshop opening, then shutting down the moment it finished opening? Was that the problem? If so, how on earth did you fix it?

No. When I'd browse through my folders where I keep my saved images, it'd shut down. Or while trying to add text to a signature, it'd shut down.

Turns out that we had to up the amount of virtual memory in the settings. It was set at 192 MB so we upped it to 382 MB. Recommended was 384 MB.

That seems to have solved the problem of having things close on their own.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:47:39 PM
I have my virtual memory at 1152-2304 megs X_x

I also have 768MB DDR physical. :P

Figrin D'an
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:59:27 PM
Originally posted by Nikkiah Wintermoon
No. When I'd browse through my folders where I keep my saved images, it'd shut down. Or while trying to add text to a signature, it'd shut down.

Turns out that we had to up the amount of virtual memory in the settings. It was set at 192 MB so we upped it to 382 MB. Recommended was 384 MB.

That seems to have solved the problem of having things close on their own.

More physical RAM is your friend in this case. Running Photoshop on Windows XP... you'll want 512 MB minimum. RAM is dirt cheap right now, too.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:28:21 PM
Actually, Photoshop ran quite ok on 256, but anything less is futility.

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:49:48 PM
Well, when my fiance got his comp, it came with 128 (whatevers) of RAM. He just added more so at the moment, its at 256. A good friend of mine told me earlier that XP needs atleast 512 to run well, so when he can afford to buy more, I'm sure he will.

For a while at least, I plan to leave my photoshop uninstalled. Maybe I'll try it once more if/when there's more RAM.