PDA

View Full Version : grin and bear it? Heck no!

Abagael Zellan
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:15:41 AM
Caution: Angry content below. Do not offer chocolate as a way of relief if you value your life. I'm really upset guys and gals. :(

It's days (or weeks, or months) like this that make me want to scream at people (did it), cry my guts out (doin' it), and crawl into bed until the end of eternity (gonna do it). It's an accumulation of things, I suppose, and today the camels back broke.

Like how my boss keeps cornering me in the parking lot after work. He gets away with it because it's my word against his, I've got no proof that he's doing anything wrong. That's scary. I don't care how brave anybody is that is pee-in-your-pants-want-to-hide-in-a-closet-ashamed-of-yourself scary. I'm not a big person, I'm quite frail in fact. I don't know kung-anything, and I doubt I could get my bear spray out in time to use if he tried anything anyway. Yay.

Or how my roommate is the messiest person alive. It doesn't matter to Jimmy/Suzie that I work all day. Go ahead, just leave all that dirty crap for me! Inbetween trying to be a good granddaughter/daughter/sister/aunt/roommate/worker/person, pay the bills, and cook the meals, I'll do all the cleaning too! I love it, honestly! After all, that's my job right? To be the adult? To be humble and do all the menial tasks and not let anyone think I can't handle it? Well you know what, ding-dong? I'm tired. I'm so tired sometimes I can't see straight. I'm so tired I am numb and I don't want to ever leave my room. Congratulations, you've won. I'll be your slave because obviously you are incapable of being anything but a SELFISH SLOB!!!!!!

Oh, and mummy and daddy. Lovely people. "You shouldn't drink that tea, it's loaded with chemicals." Yes, Mother. "You know, kids are starving and working their fingers to the bone so you can wear that." Yes, Father. "Oh... you're still eating meat? Well, I suppose if you don't feel bad about killing things..." Not anymore Mother, I've got a conscience now. "You've got horrible vibes, you should tone down a bit, get in touch with the Earth around you." Okay, Dad, I will. NO! NO! NO! Not anymore! I've had ENOUGH! I am not going through some kind of crisis, Mother, I'm just making my own descisions. I don't care what you think anymore. That's the miracle of adulthood, you can stop worrying about what your parents want you to do! I like my chemical-ridden, pre-made-shipped-from-Taiwan, carnivorous, Starbucks drinking, stressed-out-with-bad-vibes exsistence! I know that's hard for you to understand. Tough.

Next. I have a friend, we'll call him Joe. Joe is a homosexual. Joe was beaten within an inch of his life today. What a wonderful world we live in! Look, I know that not everybody agrees with homosexuality. I am one of them. I'm not happy with Joe's life choices, I really don't agree with them. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a wonderful man that I've known forever and who I love very much. He didn't deserve in any way, shape, or form what was done to him today. If you're going to demand that people not live a certain lifestyle, then you damn well better be willing to give up your free will as well. People have the right to choose a way of life! We may not agree with it, that's life. Accept it, don't accept it, but don't hurt people. God, he's one of the most wonderful, honest men I've known. Joe never deserved this. Not this much pain.

And 'merging' does NOT mean 'let everybody go in front of you because you are nice'. Some of us, while we would love to play the good Samaritan, have places to be. Respect that, and do things the right way. PLEASE.

(breathes sigh of relief)

I think that's it. I'm done ranting 'till next winter.

Slayn Cloak
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:23:14 AM
wow... you should try out" live journal"... it helps, realy.

www.livejournal.com

Abagael Zellan
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:27:23 AM
Sorry.

(most) online journals = teh gay. IMO.

Slayn Cloak
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:57:34 AM
Well, you do in there, what you just did here.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 27th, 2003, 10:30:58 AM
=(

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 27th, 2003, 12:07:29 PM
Is there someone (a friend) who can already be out in the parking lot with a video cam and get your boss while hes harrassing you?

If not, call the cops and explain your situation and see if they couldnt just drive past when its time for you to get off work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 27th, 2003, 01:40:09 PM
:hug

That sucks..esp. about Joe. No one deserves that, except maybe rapists and murderers.

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:33:14 PM
Your boss sounds like he could use a kick to the nuts.

Charley
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:01:05 PM
I'm sorry your parents are hippies. Condolances. :hug

Darth Viscera
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:21:58 PM
:(
Joe should purchase a pistol from the Alabama state arsenal*

*Charley

Charley
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:28:20 AM
I don't agree with homosexuality, but yeah, that kind of crap should never happen.

Abagael Zellan
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:20:07 PM
Originally posted by Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Is there someone (a friend) who can already be out in the parking lot with a video cam and get your boss while hes harrassing you?

Our parking lot is staff only, you have to have your ID to get in. Frankly though, I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore. I'll pay the damn fine if a friend gets caught.

Thanks for listening guys. I've resolved to try not to do this anymore, and so I went for a couple of nice long runs which seems to help. Joe is still in the hospital, but he's breathing better (he can catch his breath now) which is good. Gave him a sponge bath and sang to him until my voice ran out, but he didn't seem to notice. I just hope when he gets out that he can function. I'd be scared to walk out my door.

I'm sorry your parents are hippies. Condolances.

:lol , thanks Charley.

...Well, they're not all bad. I was just fed up with them. Sometimes they act halfway normal and that's pretty cool. We celebrated Christmas for the first time this year. :)