PDA

View Full Version : At wits end with Photoshop

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 26th, 2003, 10:05:12 AM
I have Photoshop 7.0 and for reasons unknown, it keeps shutting itself down when I try to use it. While browsing through my folders, it shuts down. While working on banners or graphics for a few sites I have to get done, it shuts down. Completely. I have uninstalled and re-installed it thrice figuring that maybe something didn't install correctly; but that hasn't helped anything.

It'd be real appreciated if someone or several someone's might suggest what could possibly be causing this and any possible solutions.

Much thanks in advance :)

Morgan Evanar
Dec 26th, 2003, 12:07:13 PM
That is patently bizzare. I wish I had something to say beyond googling for an explanation.

What OS? File System? How much free space? Any other background tasks?

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 26th, 2003, 12:23:46 PM
Hmm, ok bear with me please :) I'm not all that PC literate and its my fiance's comp but I'll see how much of that I can answer:

File system? Not sure what is meant by this.

Free space: I hope I get this correct; 52 gigs (?) (Sorry, I don't understand that whole gig, meg, byte, thing :\ I just know he has a total of 72 space and 52 of it is free to use)

No other background tasks that I'm aware of.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 26th, 2003, 02:30:07 PM
I just got an idea, as annoying as it may sound:

Don't use the file browser. Open up windows explorer, and find what you want. You can drag and drop images into photoshop.

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Dec 26th, 2003, 03:05:26 PM
Hmm, thanks Morgan. I'll try that. Now that you mention it, my photoshop seems to close down by itself more often when browsing files from the browse feature in photoshop. I'll try that later this evening and see if that helps

Thanks again :)