PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing with friends (Shanaria, Rognan)

Marga Alton
Dec 24th, 2003, 11:01:11 AM
Marga smiles to herself as she, Rognan, and Shanaria enter the B&G. Rognan had admitted to having feelings for her, and that just made her exceedingly happy. When they're stopped at the door and asked if they have weapons, she shakes her head no and they let her carry on. Rognan and Shanaria hand over any weapons they might have and enter the B&G with her.

They make there way over to an empty table and take their seats.

Could one of you please order me an apple cider?

Marga questions through telepathy.

Rognan Dar
Dec 24th, 2003, 02:14:24 PM
Rognan walks in with a smile on his face. He was feeling quite happy about getting how he felt for Marga off his chest. He had admired her from a short distance, then became good friends, and now are closer then ever.

Rognan sits down next to Marga and waits for a server to come over.

"Alright, Marga. I'll get you it. What do you want Shanaria?"

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:44:39 AM
Shanaria walks over to the others after handing over her lightsaber and dagger at the door and sits at the table across from Marga.. She smiiles at Rognan

"I'll have a peach cider, if that alright..."

Marga Alton
Jan 5th, 2004, 11:59:02 AM
Marga smiles at Shanaria's order. Another cider.

What, is the Orders beverage of choice Cider?

Marga jokingly questions.

Rognan Dar
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:24:39 PM
"How many ciders are there, by the way?" Rognan questioned as a waitress was on her way over.

As she came to the table she asked, in a 'been there, done that' tone of voice, as she asked what they would have. Being as polite as he could he answered.

"We'll have one apple cider, a glass of water, and a peach cider. Thank-you."

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 5th, 2004, 03:01:41 PM
After the waitress was gone Shanaria says

"I'm not sure how many ciders there are, but I think that if it is fruit, than they can turn it into a cider."

Marga Alton
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:23:04 PM
Marga remains silent, partially lost in thought right now. After a moment, she shakes her head.

More then just fruit can be made into ciders.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:04:38 PM
"Then how come you only hear about the fruit ciders?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:51:58 PM
"Because...people like to see things that are made from fruits?"

Rognan was at a loss. He didn't know anything about ciders.

Marga Alton
Jan 12th, 2004, 09:34:52 AM
Well, on my homeworld, we get fruit and vegetable ciders all the time, that is, the adults get them. And yes, more ppl are interested in fruit ciders for some reason.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 12th, 2004, 01:54:00 PM
"Well enough talk about ciders... lets change the topic... So Marga, What do you think makes a species civilisied and intelegent?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:19:01 PM
"Well thats a kind of random topic, if I ever heard on," he said and laughed.

Marga Alton
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:20:55 PM
That is not really something I could answer truthfully because each culture is different. A species we may not view as being intelligient actually may be intellegient, just we don't understand them or their ways.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:24:03 PM
Shanaria smiles at Marga...

"I'm only asking how in YOUR eyes, What do you think makes a species civilisied and intelegent. There is no right or wrong answer."

then she smiles at Rognan.

"Well at least it is diffrent for our last topic... :)"

Rognan Dar
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:57:00 PM
"Yes, it is. But random all the same. And not always the easiest of topics either. Everyone has a different view. And sometimes its hard to really say know what intelegence and civilised is. Like what Marga said, they may be considered intelegent in their own eye's. But then they could see others as more intelegent then them. It all comes down to different world views."

Marga Alton
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:14:50 PM
I can not answer that Shanaria. It would be wrong for me to set a description on what is intellegient and civilised because I would very likely offend ppl by it.

Marga omits the fact that the ppl are her homeworld are viewed as civilised but she does not view them as such because of the way they treat those that are unwanted.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:47:57 PM
"I know It all comes down to different world views. Thats why it is an interesting topic. You never get the same conversation twice. It also helps you find out more about the people you are talking with by that way they discribe their view. So what if your view will offend other people! just saying hello to somebody could offend them. Everybody is diffrent, and has the right to say what they beleave, and I know that I will not be offended by anything said by the two of you."

Rognan Dar
Jan 19th, 2004, 03:12:22 PM
"Ok, then. Tell us what you think on the matter. Hmm?"

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:14:49 PM
"Alright. I feel the a a species is civilisied and intelegent, if and only if the can live without destroying the enviroment around them, nobody is descriminated, and justice for thoses that commit crimes should be swift and fitting for the crime."

Shanaria smiles as she looks at the others...

"Does anybody wish to comment?"

Rognan Dar
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:21:53 PM
"Er...yes. So your saying that destroying the enviroment is not civilisied or intelegent or both? Because if it is both, then this planet is not civilisied or intelegent. I don't know what this planet was like before it became a monopoly of buildings. It could have been a lush, green forest. If it was, then people have totally destroyed it.

But there are other cases, I'm sure. It would be a great thing if we did not, in some way, 'destroy' things as we try and make our life more livable,"

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:33:02 PM
"Yes I am saying that the people that made this planet the way it is, are not civilisied or intelegent. From what my grandfather has told me, this planet use to be very similar to The Forest Moon of Endor in Terain with tempatures similar to that of Correlia."

Rognan Dar
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:30:53 PM
"But everyday people start to destroy planets. Slowly, ever slowly they do it, without even knowing. When ever that clear out a small field that has no use but to be built on, they destroy whatever was in that field. And, in a lighter manner, crops are grown for food, and once they are ready, they take whatever they want from it and then leave it. But they do replant it agin next season. But the point is that everything around is will not last forever. It is good to try and presurve things, but it will not last."

Marga Alton
Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:27:38 AM
Marga sits silently, sipping her cider as Rognan and Shanaria talk about civilization and intellegience. Her own opinion on the matter is rather confusing to her because of what she has experienced on her homeworld.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:20:42 PM
"There is a differance between destroying a planet and changing it. Things will live and die in nature, so as long as people don't kill too much, it should be fine. Like, a farmer can still grow his crops, as long as he doesn't ruin the ecosystem that was there before he was there."

Rognan Dar
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:57:06 PM
"But to make changes in the world is to change it from whatever it was before hand to whatever it is now. Even the slightest change could ruin a planet. All it takes is someone who will do it. And they might think that they are going to make everything better because of it. But then again, he might not know what will happen from this in a year from now. Five years. Decades!

People could say that even this planet is the way it is for the betterment of everyone. I don't say that, but it doesn't fully matter what one person thinks."

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:45:07 PM
"All great changes in history, both good and bad, started with the thoughts of one person."

Rognan Dar
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:02:57 PM
"Thats what I'm saying. Who is to say if it is a good one or a bad change? It could be bad and good for different people for different reasons."

Marga Alton
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:43:52 AM
Each person can say if it's a good or bad change because each person is unique and their opinion counts.

Marga spoke up through telepathy after remaining silent for so long.

Rognan Dar
Jan 28th, 2004, 11:03:29 PM
"I agree. But the point of it being good or bad is not really for us to decide. Even if everyone else says its good, and it might be, it could be good for the wrong reasons. I'm not saying that everything good also has a bad side but...well, I guess that is what I'm trying to say. Not so strongly, though. I'm just saying that civilisied and intelegent choices and races don't make the galaxy what it is. Its all what you make of it."

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:55:07 PM
"And I agree with both of you. But you can still choose what is good and bad, as long as you choose what is good and bad from your own point of view."

Rognan Dar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:03:31 PM
"Doesn't mean its the 'right' or 'correct' view. But as individuals we are made to think for ourselves and make our own conclusion, yes."

Marga Alton
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:01:19 PM
Marga takes a sip of her cider as she listens to Rognan and Shanaria