PDA

View Full Version : General KOTOR discussion

TEEPO™
Dec 23rd, 2003, 06:46:35 AM
I would like to start this discussion by asking what name do you give to your character?
I call mine Arken Tenstar.

Rognan Dar
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:58:32 PM
I just make up a random name. I can't remember what I did name her...but I just pick a few letters and make it into a name...

JediBoricua
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:07:35 PM
My first character was named Aurora Sessesy.

Now my male character name is Var Assuk.

They sound SWish to me...

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 25th, 2003, 05:40:40 AM
Stabby McStabberson was what I wanted... Alas, no chance.

So I settled on El Stabbo.

"El Stabbo, be warned, I sense the Dark Side of the force inside of you. Continue down that path, and you might be lost."

A minute later, El Stabbo has just killed every single critter that he could find.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2003, 11:58:58 PM
Niklos Thorson, and I'm stuck due to the common crash on Dantooine.

EDIT - Fixed it, found a funny Easter egg, on Dantooine, a mission you get is to Find Nemo :D

Rognan Dar
Dec 26th, 2003, 02:13:07 PM
Is that really one of the missions? It sounds familiar but its been a long time since I played it.

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2003, 03:53:42 PM
When you go to the ruins to get the map. The dead Jedi is Nemo :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 26th, 2003, 04:07:10 PM
When I do get the name, my chars will be Dasquian Belargic and Vega Van Derveld, of course :D

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2003, 05:54:15 PM
Definately worth is Dasq.

I think I just had one of my favourite gaming moments. Tatooine, I'm with the psycho droid and Jedi we are bonded with. We decided to be diplomatic with the Tuskens, so get them the vaporators they wanted. Remembering Mission's brother was there, I asked for him and they let me get them. Went round the corner, and saw...

...captured Jawas.

I didn't want to start a fight, but they were JAWAS! I like jawas. So having freed Griff, I went to a wicker backet, opened it and stole the contents. Cue the Tuskens getting angry, as my single blade and my allies double bladed lightsabre kicked in, and we hacked our way out, only stopping to tell the Jawas to run. That's a jedi, freeing the innocent :D

Rognan Dar
Dec 26th, 2003, 06:17:39 PM
Yeah, I did that too, but in a different order. I got them to let the jaws go and kill them afterwards. Then latter in the game I came back looking for Griff and got him out. It was funny because I already killed all the Tusks and when I came back there were more.

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2003, 07:03:09 PM
They breed fast! :)

I love the lightsabre crystals, I think that makes the game more fun. My character has the sabre seen below, with Rubat and Opila :)

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2003, 07:03:53 PM
Forgot to upload |I

Pierce Tondry
Dec 26th, 2003, 10:41:42 PM
I pwned this game. I'll be writing something up about it, I think.

Rognan Dar
Dec 27th, 2003, 11:46:52 AM
I wish there was a little more customing in it. Like choosing yout sabre hilt. Thats what I found interesting about Academy. But having the crystals are cool. What class are you fett?

And why is it that alot of peopel like the purple sabre?

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 27th, 2003, 11:51:00 AM
And why is it that alot of peopel like the purple sabre?

Because the baddest mutha Jedi had one.

Valin Hsa
Dec 27th, 2003, 12:11:38 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

Uh-huh.

I DID play, got pretty far, except my bro delete the file off of the X-Box! *Bad Brother!*

When I make new file, I'll probably name her Valin Hsa, or one of my other RP characters, or even use one of them random generated names.

ReaperFett
Dec 27th, 2003, 01:58:46 PM
ReaperFett had one back in 99. I just liked the colour. Since, Kyp Durron and Mace Windu have been confirmed (Or, I have since seen them) with them. I = trendsetta ;)

Originally posted by Rognan Dar
What class are you fett?

Scoundrel/Sentinel. I was Sentinel because my answers got me that, I decided to stick with it for RPing sake :)

Mantaan is a GREAT planet :D

EDIT - Just found Cay Qul-Droma's clothes :D

ReaperFett
Dec 27th, 2003, 11:17:06 PM
There, finished. One of the best games I've played.

I did have a couple of gripes, albeit minor. Basically, the ending. When I've gone through so much with characters, I like to know what happened next. Does everyone stick together? Seperate? What?

Also, I didn't like how my ending was generic light side. In the game, I told Bastila I loved her. How come this is totally glossed over? I doubt it'd kill them to do 30 seconds of variation for a few ways. Oh well, minor gripes.

With destroy droid and stasis shield, my Jedi was nearly unstoppable. Especially with my team ups :D

Did anyone else find themselves using the same characters all the time? I found I would always choose Bastila and Carth, only occasionally breaking this up for Mission (They'd use dual pistols, I found them great when me and/or Bas were wading through people:)). I felt so negligent of the other six :)

Now, to go through on dark side! took about 24 hours to finish light, dark should be hard (I naturally play light). Gonna have fun playing assassin :D

Oh, and my character:

Niklos Thorson
Scoundrel/Jedi Sentinel
Interface band
Qel Droma robes
Stealth field generator
Purple sabre, Rubat and Opila crystals

Then in reserve I always had two pistols that I'd never give anyone else, although I never use these generally.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 28th, 2003, 11:05:37 PM
In the end, I was wearing Star Forge robes. They're better than the Qel Droma robes.

Also, I forget what my equipment was. I know I was a Jedi Consular, and I abused the hell out of enemies with two lightsabers and Master Speed.

I mentioned some of your gripes in my article, Fett.

Shawn
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:32:24 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
ReaperFett had one back in 99. Nup had one in early '00. I used to use a purple saber back when Jedi Knight II first came out, used one in Academy and I'm using one currently in KOTOR. What can I say, I think it's a great color for a blade.

Not done with the game, but I just got to the huge "secret", and I'm enthralled. I'm glad I decided to go ahead and play on the Light Side my first time through. It really makes the story more interesting at this point.

ReaperFett
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:36:08 PM
Yeah, the secret suprised me. I thought I knew what would happen, but was pleasently suprised :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:05:22 PM
I just started playing today (Jacob Nives, soldier :cool ... because none of the portraits looked like Dasq). It's pretty fun, lots to do.

Nup: did you notice your favorite voice actor? The Sith guard on the upper levels of the city had to be Simon Templeman, or a total soundalike.

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:18:28 PM
He played "Various Sith characters" :)

Also there was Marvin from Pulp Fiction, Deus Ex Machina from Matrix Revolutions and Santa from Elf :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:39:48 PM
He played "Various Sith characters"

So I'm discovering. I keep bumping into him :D I've recognise quite a few others too, but not to name -just voices from other games or movies, that I can't place but know I've heard elsewhere.

I'm heading to fight a rancor apparently :uhoh

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:49:31 PM
There's an easy way to solve that little possibility :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:54:50 PM
... and you're going to tell me what it is? :D

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 01:58:50 PM
If you want:

You'll have something that will atract the Rancor. In the room with the Rancor, there are a pile of corpses. Go to them, put in a grenade, and then the thing to attract it. Watch the cut scene :)

Shawn
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:28:47 PM
Simon Templeman should have voiced Darth Malak. It would have been so obvious. Especially given that Darth Malak is a complete rip-off of Raziel!. ;)

Did anyone recognize the voice of Uthar? His voice was exceedingly familiar.

Can't really say much about the game, other than it's easily one of the best RPGs I've played. I didn't ever tell Bastila that I loved her, since Jedi aren't supposed to love and all that jazz. Even after I turned her from the Dark side at the end, when she asked me, I flat out told her no. Felt a little bad about that.

My team usually consisted of either Bastila and Juhani, or Juhani and Jolee. I like having Jedi on my team. I used HK-47 for a while because he's a riot. But really... towards the end of the game, I was a one-man army. Stasis Field, Master Speed, Force Immunity... I could take on half a dozen Sith Masters without breaking a sweat.

ReaperFett
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:41:30 PM
Don't see Uthar listed on IMDB, so can't say.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 31st, 2003, 08:18:58 AM
I've been so good up until now. I was so tempted to lie to the Jedi Council, but I didn't. I'll be the best damn Jedi ever :angel

ReaperFett
Dec 31st, 2003, 09:26:09 AM
I just couldnt bring myself to be bad :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 31st, 2003, 10:37:02 AM
I'm forcing myself to be good, for the first play through. I keep wanting to demand rewards and kick people in the nuts. I'm in the 'grey' area at the minute :)

Pierce Tondry
Dec 31st, 2003, 01:12:06 PM
At the end of the game, I was so Light attuned I had a fricking aura in my portrait.

I guessed the secret ahead of time. It was sort of obvious to me what was up before I went through the whole sequence on the Leviathan, and when Saul whispered to Carth that just made it obvious.

I had the most fun traipsing about on Korriban with Canderous and HK. They talk trash to nearly everyone who threatens you.

JediBoricua
Dec 31st, 2003, 05:26:42 PM
First time I played I finished light side, with two purple blades (beat that Fett :p). I used Jolee and Carth the most.

Now that I'm playing Dark Side, I'm using Canderous and HK all the time, and like Pierce I find it hard not to laught out loud.

I love the Scoundrel/Guardian Combo, the force jump and the sneak attack bonus make Var a swift deadly machine.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2004, 11:00:13 AM
I love HK. I have him with me almost all the time. He's so much fun :D

EDIT:

:eek!! I just found out about my secret identity! I did not see that coming until those flashback thingies or people talking to me (seems like I was the only one).

ReaperFett
Jan 1st, 2004, 06:11:07 PM
I didn't expect it :)

Shawn
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:35:01 AM
Surprises in games usually catch me unawares. I like to just kind of go with the flow, so to speak, and not be suspicious of every little scrap of info they toss me. :) I knew something was up from the moment I got Bastila on my team, but I never bothered putting too much thought into it, since I figured it'd be explained eventually.

Also, here's a screenshot of my character. It's me fighting the boss of the game, so I suppose you shouldn't click it if you're afraid of spoilers. Not like you don't see what he looks like from the main menu. ;)

http://www.geocities.com/dark_god7/Malak.txt

Character name is Roland Deschain, by the way. Kind of funny, since there's another Roland in the game that you have to talk to. Made things a bit confusing.

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:20:00 AM
There's another Niklos too, but IIRC Roland was more important :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:18:32 AM
I just lost a whole load of light side points :( I was doing the whole Korriban Sith Academy thing, to find the Star map, and ended up loosing my aura. I can't use the Qel-Droma robes now either. How frustrating.

Anyway, here's a pic of my current party. It's in a location quite far on in the game (I think), so I suppose it could be a spoiler.

Rognan Dar
Jan 2nd, 2004, 03:10:31 PM
I dont think it gives away to much. You see enough in the start up of the game anyway.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 4th, 2004, 01:13:51 PM
woohoo ^___^ I beat it. I gave in to the darkside at the last minute. hee.

Rognan Dar
Jan 4th, 2004, 04:54:29 PM
Wait...your started out bad and then at the end turned bad? And you call yourself a Jedi Knight! I think we need to remove Das before its to late :mneh

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2004, 10:45:32 AM
:lol I started out good and turned bad at the very last moment! It was the power, I couldn't resist :uhoh

Valin Hsa
Jan 7th, 2004, 10:34:28 PM
*wants to know the secret!*

Damn, I hate not owning a game, and I can get the PC one, Mom would have a fit.

:(

*shakes fists at people who own KOTOR*

Rognan Dar
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:33:32 PM
I have it for x-box. Its not the same thing...very close...but not.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:34:40 PM
What's the difference between the two?

Rognan Dar
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:39:13 PM
Er...one has a mouse and the other...doesn't?

In my experience, the games on the computer are easier to play then on a system that has a thumb...stick. But for KOTOR it doesn't really matter all that much because its not a game that needs a lot of quick movements and such.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:44:11 PM
Oh. I thought you meant they gave you a little something on one version. Extra ability or mission or something.

Rognan Dar
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:45:48 PM
Now that would be cool! But, sadly, it does not. Or at lest I don't think it does...? I haven't played it on PC so I dont know anything about it being any different...I wouldn't expect it to be...

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:47:13 PM
Another difference would be that on the PC the graphics are typically leaps and bounds above what the graphics are like on a console. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:50:27 PM
And another difference is probably that I could actually run the Xbox version without having periodic crashes. KOTOR went down on me after 3 hours of game play; it would just randomly freeze, kaput.

I just had a quick search and apparently there are no gameplay differences between the two versions.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:51:31 PM
I had no crashes running KOTOR on my PC. Played all the way thorough it three times. :p

Rognan Dar
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:53:49 PM
We-ell, it did have some problems on the X-Box, too. It might have just been ours but it also would freeze when a moive started. I did the same movie like 5 times before I called it quits. I think it was because the Box was to hot.

But also for X-box you don't need to buy anything to get it running like: better vidoe cards and prosecers(spa?). But if you have a good enough graphics card and whatnot, I would agree with SWFans.

EDIT: I think that people that can beat it three times in a month need to turn off the PC for a while and read a book.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:55:55 PM
Well 2 of those times I was using cheats, so it went quickly. >D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:56:47 PM
Oooh evil. I went cheat free up until Malak, then I had to give myself a little boost, otherwise I would have never beaten him. :angel

You must just have a better PC than me (OBVIOUSLY) if you aren't crashing :p

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:05:50 PM
I beat it cheat free the first time through, even Malak.

As for my PC, its a 3.0 GHz P4 *HT 800 MHz FSB 512 MB Dual Channel 400 MHz DDR with an ATI Radeon 9800 256 MB vid card. :D

I ran the game at 1600 X 1200 with all the other graphic options maxed, it ran and looked sweeet!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:07:29 PM
I had hardly any offensive force powers, what with being light, so he just trounced me :(

All that means nothing to me, but it sure does look impressive with all those numbers and letters

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:09:47 PM
I was lightside too, and managed to turn whats-her-name back to the light right before Malak. Saber toss and force heal kept me in the fight, along with lots of running from him while my force meter rose back up.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:11:00 PM
Ahhh. See, since I went evil, she locked herself and the useless droid outside, claiming that she needed to work on dealing with the battle meditation whatnot.

No matter how much I ran away from him though, he always caught up to me. He ran so quickly :cry Just as I was healing or using a life support pack, he'd saber me or put me in a daze where I couldn't move :x

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:13:02 PM
Odd, I had no problem running away from him all three times I played. And she never helps in the fight against Malak, at least not in any of the three ways I did it, two light and one dark

EDIT: What I found to be the hardest part was going through the seemingly neverending hordes of Sith Knights, Lords, Apprentices and grenadiers just before Malak

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:20:59 PM
:( I suppose you have to face your fate alone. Malak would probably just stasis anyone who came in with you anyway.

YES! Totally. There was on occasion where both Bastila and Revan were dead, and only HK-47 was left to handle about 4 Dark Jedi. I have absolutely no idea how I managed to scrape through that alive.

Shawn
Jan 8th, 2004, 05:39:29 PM
I went lightside when I played through it. Force Absorb nulled all of Malak's powers, Master Speed kept me up to pace with him and an Echani Dueling Shield made his saber blows only do about 5 dmg per hit. You can run away while fighting, but you have to run for a good while to put enough space between you to heal. Life support packs were my friends. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2004, 05:46:24 AM
Speed? I guess Jedi Consulars don't get that :\

Shawn
Jan 9th, 2004, 07:07:43 AM
I was a consular. :huh It's one of the Force Powers you can select at level up. Truth be told, I had so many points for Force powers by the end of the game, I didn't know what to do with them.

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2004, 02:11:54 PM
The way that I beat him (being lightside) was I hurt him enough to where he ran away and then go kill all the other bodies in the room. If you didn't know this before, maybe it will help you next time, but you can kill them and THEY give you health instead. Once they are all dead then you just give malak a butt kicking and its over.

I had a lot of support moves...I think...not that I used them all that much. I think I used Force Shield alot and something else...but it didn't seem that hard to just take him head on.

ReaperFett
Jan 9th, 2004, 02:15:19 PM
Throw lightsabre was my key to victory. Maxed that out first :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:23:16 PM
I got the game a while back the game is awesome. I can go dark maybe later. I like the light better. I also found out the secert I saw something coming for a while there I thought a member of your team was Revan I didn't suspect that I was Revan until Saul whispered the truth to Carth It is a very cool game and I love the characters in your team. I have been trying to use all of them I don't like using the little droid at least HK and Canderous have some great lines. I also like Jolee, that story involving Ando is a hoot.

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:33:13 PM
I love the stories. They are wonderfully made. Sometimes I'd rather just cut someone down then listen to Jolee. He can drag things on. But I love how he always has a different name to call you. And HK does have some good lines. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:36:46 PM
I didn't do much with Jolee. I wanted to do that sub-plot on Manaan, with his old friend, but I got banned from Manaan soooo...

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:38:13 PM
YOU GOT BANNED?! LOL.

I thought that you were being a lightsider?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:39:18 PM
I was. But I ... accidentally ... stepped on some toes. I accidentally broke into the Sith embassy, on behalf of the Republic. My intentions were good, I swear! It's not my fault <strike>I was caught</strike> they misunderstood me! :uhoh

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:42:10 PM
Yeah, that was a tricky spot. If you do it right you can convince the court that to let you go...or something. But I thought you got banned for using the poision to kill the...er...big fish. I know my brothers got banned for doing that.

How did you get into the embassy?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:44:48 PM
Yeah. I poisoned the fish, but convinced them that it was for the greater good. I got into the embassy by breaking into the sith hangar bay and jumping onto their ship!

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:49:23 PM
Thought so. Didn't you have to go to the embassy before going to the big fish? Thats they way I have always seen it done. But I guess its not the correct way.

Its easy to kill the fish without using the poison. Sure, it may take a little longer, but then you get to come back to the planet if you ever wanted too.

Did you do any of the racing?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:52:02 PM
... I can't even remember now, you know? I just know that I invaded the embassy, then poisoned the fish. Maybe I wish banned for the fish thing, actually o_O I don't know!

I didn't do any racing, aside from the race you have to do.

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:54:53 PM
NO? Racing was fun. And it got you some extra credits on the side. I think I completed every race I could. Or at lest very close to it.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:56:20 PM
I didn't ever really need extra credits. I sold what I looted, or what I didn't need, and that got me by :)

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:58:29 PM
Well, fine. Lol. Its not a needed thing. In the end I had more credits then I could shake a stick at.

And I was just informed that you get banned for using the poison on the fish. Never heard of getting banned for the embassy.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:06:35 PM
I must have done the embassy first then and managed to fob them off for why I was breaking and entering :)

Rognan Dar
Jan 12th, 2004, 04:07:57 PM
Sounds about right. To bad you couldn't have said that you were working for no-one. Or working for some other group that was neither Republic or Sith.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 15th, 2004, 10:25:38 PM
I never had a problem with Manaan. Then again, I seem to have an intuitive grasp of the Light Side approach to just about any problem the game threw at me with only a couple of exceptions.

Rognan Dar
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:06:56 AM
And those were?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:14:33 PM
Jolee is boring. HK47 is where its at!

ReaperFett
Jan 17th, 2004, 08:47:46 AM
I just found it more fun to annoy Bastilla :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2004, 02:08:15 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Jolee is boring. HK47 is where its at!

How did I know HK would be your fave? :D

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2004, 02:57:05 PM
How did I know HK would be your fave? :D

Its just something in the air.

I just found it more fun to annoy Bastilla :D

I did that a little...without going to deep into it. She just never stops talking. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:12:25 PM
For the most part, I was sucking up to Bastila. I reeeally wanted the lovestory, hence going evil at the end!

Rognan Dar
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:16:02 PM
I couldn't do any love story....I was using a female....I didn't even know that you could do something like that until now. All that I was able to do was be like a really close sister to her.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2004, 03:25:36 PM
... That's a shame. You know, I didn't really get a lovestory either. I was just her Master. :cry

Rognan Dar
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:37:47 PM
She was YOUR master? I thought it was the other way around. How did you get to be her master?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:49:21 PM
I was just her Master.

You know.. how you end up being the dark lord.. making you her master, by default

Rognan Dar
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:40:34 PM
Ooooooooooooooooh. Riiiight. Never did that either. :lol I was good after all.

imported_Firebird1
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:59:02 AM
This is a fun game!

It's been done very good graphicaly! And it is a fun romp (like looking for the part of the swoop so you can rescue the Jedi lady!)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:31:23 PM
Restarted playing this again, this time as a female and trying out the Carth romance sub-plot :D

Rognan Dar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:13:00 PM
Tell me how that goes. Must be very interseting to say the lest. :lol

Figrin D'an
Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:30:00 PM
Has anyone else had problems completing Canderous' side quest? It's only thing I haven't been able to accomplish in the game. I can never, ever manage to find the dude who is supposed to challenge him to a duel.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:13:21 AM
I'll have a go at that on my play through this time round.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:58:04 AM
I only got the game a few days ago and having problems on Tatooine. Im a good fighter, taking out the sand people is little more than a troublesome procedure with a short saber and my main saber ( two weapon fighting) but i'd ratyher travel without all the hassel, any idea where im supposed to get these sand people disguises from or at least how i can travel without being whacked every 30 seconds?

Ive been told there is a way...

BTW my chars name is Severius Khand and im turning Dark Jedi :)

Rognan Dar
Apr 3rd, 2004, 04:37:10 PM
The way I think I did the sand people (getting in) was that you first have to kill a group of them that ambushes you. After that you find their clothing on the corpse? I can't remember if that is right. I know it took me a long time to find one.

But there is also another mission you can do with the Sand people. If you dont want to find them then try and get them the water...er...some kind of water conducters of something.

Thats my two cents right there.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:48:30 AM
Aye i found this out 2 moments after i wrote this..lol

Cheers Rog :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:59:23 AM
The Sand people are seeing through my disguises :( they keep ambushing me

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:58:32 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Has anyone else had problems completing Canderous' side quest? It's only thing I haven't been able to accomplish in the game. I can never, ever manage to find the dude who is supposed to challenge him to a duel.

Here's your solution, Fig:

Once you've met Jagi on Manaan, you head back on to Tatooine and out into the dunes. I'm not sure if you need to have completed a certain amount of quests before he turns up, but I'd already killed the krayt dragon and dealt with the sand people by the time I went to do this. Leave anchorhead and wandered over towards the right. Keep heading on forwards (I suppose you'd call it north east from the gate into Anchorhead) and eventually you'll encounter him.

Figrin D'an
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:16:48 PM
Here's your solution, Fig:

Once you've met Jagi on Manaan, you head back on to Tatooine and out into the dunes. I'm not sure if you need to have completed a certain amount of quests before he turns up, but I'd already killed the krayt dragon and dealt with the sand people by the time I went to do this. Leave anchorhead and wandered over towards the right. Keep heading on forwards (I suppose you'd call it north east from the gate into Anchorhead) and eventually you'll encounter him.

That's not the issue. I can't trigger the initial encounter with Jagi to begin with. There are certain trigger spots, mostly at space ports, for events like that to occur. The problem is, I have completed all of the dialogue options with Canderous, and I can't get Jagi to show up at all to offer the challenge to Canderous. I've search the KOTOR forums at Bioware's site, and it seems to be a problem that some other people have had, too. Some people seem to think it's a bug in the game. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

Regarding the Sand People - For the disguises to work, you must have one for each humanoid member of your party. The droids can go without. Additionally, you can't have Zaalbar in your party, since he can't wear any clothing/armor.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:49:09 PM
Fig, I found him in Manaan I had Canderous with me then I ran into him. Now I don't know if you have to complete so much of his story or what, there might be a bug there with certain characters. Plus I completed it with a female character not sure if that matters or not.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2004, 06:56:43 AM
Did anyone else join the Bounty Hunters guild? I don't remember coming across this the first time I played through. I'm still trying to get admitted into it... pretty tough sidequests. I'm having a hard time finding my bounties. Doesn't help that one of them was on Dantooine, and that blew up.

Rognan Dar
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:53:33 PM
Doesn't help that one of them was on Dantooine, and that blew up.

No, that doesn't really help at all, :lol

And to the thing about the Bounty Guild....I dont seem to recall running into it either. But that might have been because I was going for the, what I call, the 'angel' Jedi. So I didn't really go all to far out on things that didn't look like what a good little jedi would do.

Is there anything good or cool that comes out of joining them?

Figrin D'an
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:39:02 PM
Did anyone else join the Bounty Hunters guild? I don't remember coming across this the first time I played through. I'm still trying to get admitted into it... pretty tough sidequests. I'm having a hard time finding my bounties. Doesn't help that one of them was on Dantooine, and that blew up.

Yeah, I completed that one. You get rather large Darkside bonuses for carrying out the assassinations, so be weary if you're playing a Light Side character. Make sure you can compensate for the dark side points if you are.

It's best to make sure you complete that quest (or at least get the bounty on Dantooine) before you get captured by the Leviathan.

Be weary, too, that Hulas is using you. The three big targets he gives you are actually the other leaders of the Genoharadan guild, and he wants them eliminated so he can take complete control. Just remember... don't believe anything he says.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2004, 03:00:24 AM
:eek Okay, then I won't be doing that quest on this play through!

EDIT -

I've been looking on the LucasArts forums and some people were suggesting that if you play as female Revan, you can have a romance with Juhani!

Figrin D'an
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:31:36 PM

I've been looking on the LucasArts forums and some people were suggesting that if you play as female Revan, you can have a romance with Juhani!

ehh... I kind of doubt that's true. AFAIK, the only romance plots involve Bastilla for a male player-character, and Carth for a female player-character. I kind of doubt they would have the inclination, or the "guts" to put a lesbian side-story into the game. I'm thinking this is the product of the overactive imaginations of undersexed fanboys.

I haven't seen anything to indicate any truth to that on Bioware's KOTOR forums. If it hasn't been discovered/verified by now, it's likely not in the game.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:55:33 AM
Is that the old man though? Or am I confusing names.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:46:00 AM
No, Juhani is the cat woman. Jolee is the old man.

EDIT - Well, just finished it on lightside for the first time. Not bad. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2004, 11:55:37 AM
Okay I wondered about that, still don't think it is possible. I don't think they would even let a male fall in love with her. Also I could never finish her story I don't think, unless there wasn't anything else to finish.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:01:44 PM
You can get a romance going with Carth - I got the beginnings of it but I think it started too late. I think you have to achieve certain things before certain times in the games, otherwise certain sub-plots cannot be finished.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:11:43 PM
Yeah Carth I did, and I did the same with Bastilla as a male , I don't think there is any others.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:06:16 PM
You might wanna cover the above part up, my friend :)

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:36:04 PM
Yeah... not everyone who reads this thread may be far enough to know that your player character is actually Revan

Armide Maddrell
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:38:41 PM

That's true, actually. It only suggests it, but it does frequently (on Dantooine) suggest that Juhani is a lesbian... If you don't have the romance plot with Carth, and carry out all of Juhani's plot, and are lightside at the end, then she admits she "cares" for you. You can either agree, or decline, and then she says that you should focus on what's happening now and talk about 'us' later.

As for the other romances, I think if you don't get all the conversations said and done with before you get the next Star Map, then the romance plot will cut off. Also, if you get Carth's messanger about his son, go immediately to Korriban if you want his romance plot to continue. You can't have it continue until that plot's out of the way.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 13th, 2004, 02:27:46 AM
Yeah, I had Juhani sussed out from the beginning ;)

Figrin D'an
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:32:58 PM
The hints about Juhani's sexuality are present, particularly in the manner in which she talks about her former master, but that's all I've seen thus far... hints. I haven't seen any such inclinations displayed about showing affection towards the female Revan. I'll keep my eyes peeled, though. It might take an exact series of answers in specific conversations to trigger it.

As a side note... I don't know about anyone else, but I've been playing the game on the hard difficultly setting, just so it is a bit of challenge. I found the normal setting to be rather easy, especially if you know how to build your characters right. I can't imagine playing it on the easy setting.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:23:13 AM
I think I must have had it on hard last time I played. Especially when I got into that Sith Base on Manaan... those droids were killers.

Severen Morkonis
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:46:41 AM
I'm having trouble with getting through level two of the star forge ( to many dark jedi are wiping my team out, me, Jolee and Juhani. I just cant push through them for some reason ive got stims, sheilds and first aid to last a life time but i simply cant keep up with the loss of life and once Jolee goes down, its only a matter of time...

any tips by chance?

Armide Maddrell
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:45:38 PM
This is something I recommend for most large battles, actually... It doesn't spoil much of anything, but some people may not want help, sooo...

Pause in the fight. Have all three characters attack the same enemy at once. Although it's better to go after the Troopers on the Leviathan (those grenades can do LOTS of damage, y'know), here you should focus on the Dark Jedi and Sith in these fights. They can kill you before you realise it. Also, use the lovely ability to go into the equipment menu and use medpacs there. Save your Force Points for Aggressive attacks, because the waves come too soon for you to recoop and depend on Force Heal.

Hope that helps.

Rognan Dar
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:42:44 PM
That is a tricky spot. And since I dont know what your characters have, its hard to make sugestions on what to do, but I'll try.

The way I did this spot was, and I think I had the same people, was that I had Jolee do alot of the suport moves like boosting defence and healing. Plus the rest of my team had healing also, so that helped too. But basicly, the way I did it was that I kept Juhani and Jolee healing, while at times using Jolee to use lightning or some other offensive force move. I used myself as the main fighter, using moves like Master Valor and other such move to boost him up. With that, I just took the guys as best I could, making sure to keep everyone close together incase things got really bad. And I agree with Armide, going for the Sith first is best.

I hope that doesn't sound confusing and that it helps.

Silvo
Apr 18th, 2004, 02:49:39 PM
who knows how to take a screenshot in the game?

Sarr Koon
May 15th, 2004, 01:26:00 AM
Names that I have used are:

Padishar Creel
Pe Ell

and others I can't remember =P

If you ever read Terry Brooks you will know the names =)